Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Hopkins traded to Cardinals?

Clearly Cal doesn’t understand this analogy. He struggles with comprehending anything remotely to football decisions.

Cal's 1st season at the helm he saw the team go to the divisional round of the playoffs & he doubled down on BoB by officially naming him GM. Aside from fan & media uproar, why would he think his decisions and approach thus far is wrong?

This trade is akin to having Donald Trump as head coach/GM and he talks about how great the trade was and how it will pay off and to trust him because he knows best. Donald/BO'b says "Trust me this is the best trade anybody could make. It is a winner. We only win and we are winning BIG!"

Meanwhile everybody is laughing at what an idiot he is.
Keep your stupid political opinions out of here. There’s a place for that trash.

There are several ex players speaking out on Obrien. And a player on this team just told my boy that stuff was true.

I never said it was or wasn't true. You calling it fact because of a bunch of heresy tells me you'll believe anything. What is described is something that took place between Hop and the HC. I don't care about stories where people claim something is true who have no idea when they weren't there. That isn't even logical.I expect players to speak out against OB. He's a terrible coach that is chopping up the team.

I said that having Irvin as your spokesman throwing out a bunch of accusations is incredibly stupid from an optics standpoint. Irvin has a horrible reputation.

That was the case once OB made those trades to get rid of all of the team's first rounders for the rest of the decade and then some.

He killed the ability to find a quality GM and HC right then and there.

They're only without a 1st rder this yr. (Although I consider Tunsil to be this yrs 1st rder.) and next yr.

Full context:

Michael Irvin:

I got on the phone right after I heard about this trade & tried to pull it out of him. What happened? What happened here man? No way they give away one of the best receivers for a ham sandwich like they did.

He kept the high road. "I'm just happy about where I'm going." He left it there. I couldn't rest my mind on it. I called him 24 hours later, late yesterday. He was willing to talk more. Tell me what happened in Houston. He went into it. He told me "Michael, it was a bit of a power struggle there" because Bill O'Brien thought he had too much influence over the locker room. He called DeAndre Hopkins in a meeting to talk about this and hash it out. In that meeting, he started the meeting with telling DeAndre Hopkins this, that blew my mind when DeAndre told me this, he said "Last time I had to have a meeting like this, it was with Aaron Hernadez." I was like, he put in Aaron Hernadez in this meeting? He said "Yes he did." He said "Michael, that blew my mind he would bring it up. I've never been in any trouble. I don't know why he would equate me with Aaron Hernandez." From there, the meeting just deteriorated. He got into talking about DeAndre Hopkins, because Hopkins has a few kids from different women and told DeAndre he doesn't like he has his baby mamas around sometimes. From that, the relationship went bad & thus we have a trade of Hopkins from Houston for a ham sandwich all because of that relationship.

Take all this with a grain of salt. Irvin is well known for being a huge gossip and blowing things out of proportion. The “playmaker” loves to b3 the center of attention and some how has the scoop on ever major story that very rarely plays out at all like he says. Remember it was just a month or so ago that he was claiming that people in the know said Dallas was signing Brady. Then when he got called out on it he crawfished back.

Hopkins himself has said this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was issues between Hop and OB but I’m not going to take Irvin’s word for it. I mean hell why would Hopkins tell Irvin of all people about this.

People on here are very quick to believe this because it fits their view point about what kind of man Bill O’Brian is and they are pissed about the trade. But if you stop to think about it rationally there are a few things here that don’t really add up.

What does Vince Young and D.Watson have to do with Hopkins being traded? I’m 23 man, I don’t have time to call you names and all the other childish stuff people do when they’re mad. I would be mad too if I looked like a idiot after supporting a clueless head coach all this time but sadly, that isn’t the case.

Take all this with a grain of salt. Irvin is well known for being a huge gossip and blowing things out of proportion. The “playmaker” loves to b3 the center of attention and some how has the scoop on ever major story that very rarely plays out at all like he says. Remember it was just a month or so ago that he was claiming that people in the know said Dallas was signing Brady. Then when he got called out on it he crawfished back.

Hopkins himself has said this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was issues between Hop and OB but I’m not going to take Irvin’s word for it. I mean hell why would Hopkins tell Irvin of all people about this.

People on here are very quick to believe this because it fits their view point about what kind of man Bill O’Brian is and they are pissed about the trade. But if you stop to think about it rationally there are a few things here that don’t really add up.

Good post.

I don't like the trade and I love Hopkins, but the fact that people are blindly believing the stories from Irvin is downright pathetic. Shows just how foolish people in this country are at times. Sports Media has continually propped up some of the worst scum in sports on these shows to spread rumors and lies on the regular. Michael Irvin shouldn't be employed by any media network.

What does Vince Young and D.Watson have to do with Hopkins being traded? I’m 23 man, I don’t have time to call you names and all the other childish stuff people do when they’re mad. I would be mad too if I looked like a idiot after supporting a clueless head coach all this time but sadly, that isn’t the case.

You already did way more than that.

You wished disease on a forum member over your feelings getting crossed.

OB is a sorry ass HC and sorry as GM. Other than that he has nothing to do with your life. Your rage over this is ridiculous.

Another thing wtf does some of y’all always have to call people opinions or questions dumb. If you don’t like it just don’t respond to it.

That applies to both sides TB. Think it was Rico saying F anyone that supports OB and the Watson fanboy there is hoping other members catch the corona virus. Irrationality and stupidity is not limited by.......well anything really.

You already did way more than that.

You wished disease on a forum member over your feelings getting crossed.

OB is a sorry ass HC and sorry as GM. Other than that he has nothing to do with your life. Your rage over this is ridiculous.

And called me a racist, when he's never met me in his life.

Cak was an idiot for doing this. (He knew better but let his emotions get the best of him.) This is a kid, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt and just put him on ignore and move on.

Even if Cal fired him today, the damage has already been done. He's set this franchise back for a long time to come. A new guy would have nothing to build with since BLOB blew all of those future picks.

I really feel for DW. He should just focus on being a leader in the locker room so that BOB gets jealous and trades him for a ham sandwich and a late-round pick.

True, but at least the healing and rebuilding could begin and maybe make it to where DW4 will eventually want to stay.

Exactly Irvin is not making this **** up. Why would he though?

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire

How do you know he’s not making it up? He has in the past or at least drawn his own conclusions which were sometimes clear off in left field. Again no one knows what was said except OB and Hopkins and even then I’m sure both have their own versions.

You’re welcome to come to my job. 2202 Emanuel St, Houston. I’m 6’2, 220lbs so I shouldn’t be hard to miss. If not, just ask for officer Daniels. I’m looking forward to meeting you.

You throwing out your physical credentials makes you sound weak ass hell. So what if you're 6'2.

If you're an officer of the law and going around telling people that you hope they get the Coronavirus is something indicative of the fact that you shouldn't be an officer of any kind in any field.

If that's really your business physical address, you are really foolish. Anyone on this site could send this up to your job and show just how quickly you're putting people at risk for their safety by taunting people to come up there b? Did you even think about that "Officer Daniels"?

You throwing out your physical credentials makes you sound weak ass hell. So what if you're 6'2.

If you're an officer of the law and going around telling people that you hope they get the Coronavirus is something indicative of the fact that you shouldn't be an officer of any kind in any field.

If that's really your business physical address, you are really foolish. Anyone on this site could send this up to your job and show just how quickly you're putting people at risk for their safety by taunting people to come up there b? Did you even think about that "Officer Daniels"?

Well to be fair steelb did say he liked to meet the kid, hence the reply of 6 ft whatever idonno:

Stop to think about it rationally you say? not a chance!

How do you know he’s not making it up? He has in the past or at least drawn his own conclusions which were sometimes clear off in left field. Again no one knows what was said except OB and Hopkins and even then I’m sure both have their own versions.

Because his sister dates a player and they are cool. I can tell you some interesting stories about JoJo.

You’re welcome to come to my job. 2202 Emanuel St, Houston. I’m 6’2, 220lbs so I shouldn’t be hard to miss. If not, just ask for officer Daniels. I’m looking forward to meeting you.

So you claim to be a police officer, which by the way I couldn’t confirm, and you just said you hope a private citizen gets the corona virus.......yeah can I get your badge number.

Let’s see you claim to be 23 and the minimal age to be a Houston police officer is 21 so you’ve been a cop for 2 years? Which means you are still considered a rookie and basically still being very closely watched. Yeah not painting a pretty picture. Sure your LT. would be very interested in this conversation.

Edit: Oh and your “I’m looking forward to meeting you” could easily be read as you inciting violence and the fact you posted how you could be found would be considered escalating the situation. Forget your LT. IA would have a field day with this one.

Last edited:

Hopkins made a statement and didnt deny anything Irvin said. All I need to know

And called me a racist, when he's never met me in his life.

Cak was an idiot for doing this. (He knew better but let his emotions get the best of him.) This is a kid, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt and just put him on ignore and move on.

Problem is he'll likely be rewarded for it, because you were the one it was intended for.

D Hop didn’t think this story would cause the reaction that it did, now he’s in damage control mode.

Now 0 Brien’s old players seem to be corroborating Irvin’s report.

Hopkins may have unwittingly employed a classic political strategy that was often used by a former US president: Give your supporters in media the material they need to agitate and start fires, then act like the classy guy who's above it all.

I don't think he did this on purpose, that's just how it happened.

Just heard that OB let him go cause he supposedly was a threat in the locker room and he was refrenced as a trouble maker like Aron Hernadez and that OB did not like his baby mommas hanging around. Shouldnt their be some displinary fine or penaty for OB talking to him like that. In any job that would be herassment . IF you do not believe me watch the interview with Michel Irving . 24 hrs later after the first time hr talked to Hopkins.

Hopkins made a statement and didnt deny anything Irvin said. All I need to know

Why would he deny it? Frankly it looks good on Hop and could only help him later down the road. If I was Hopkins I wouldn’t deny it either because at this point people already believe it anyway so might as well reap the benefits.

Now for all I know it all went down exactly how Irvine said, doubt it considering the source, but at this point the truth no matter what it is doesn’t matter because the narrative is drawn.

The only comparison I can think of is people proven innocent of rape charges. It doesn’t matter that they were found innocent, in people’s minds they are already guilty and people rush to judge and punish. At this point it really doesn’t matter what was actually said or what OBs side s because people have declared him guilty until proven guilty and no that wasn’t a mistype.

Just heard that OB let him go cause he supposedly was a threat in the locker room and he was refrenced as a trouble maker like Aron Hernadez and that OB did not like his baby mommas hanging around. Shouldnt their be some displinary fine or penaty for OB talking to him like that. In any job that would be herassment . IF you do not believe me watch the interview with Michel Irving . 24 hrs later after the first time hr talked to Hopkins.

You’re a little late to the party.

Hey I'm with you rico but sometimes you just gotta let it go my man, it's just not worth it

no **** that. these guys coming in here acting all hurt and offended, but then turn around and do the same **** that they are complaining about? Its the typical boomer BS, these clowns should just disconnect for a few days and let the rabid fans get their fill of Bill OBrien Blood instead of making MORE AND MORE EXCUSES for the man. You're relatively new here so dont understand some of the context at play, but trust me these old coots are not innocent bystanders by any means.

I had mentioned there was more to the story and had heard a few rumblings of deeper discontent, but not details. This begins to fill in the blanks. It was obviously time for Hop to go.

It was obviously time for Bill to go but he has too much leverage so Hop got thrown under the bus. Bill is the one constant in locker room friction/cancer.

what is it going to take for Mcnair to wake up and get rid of OB ? Anyone have any ideas ? And yes life will still go on with out OB but life for us as fans would be much better. Love to hear from you guys

He directly talks to the player.

Who Irvin? Yes he does but he also always wants to get the big scoop so all eyes are on him. See the afore mentioned Brady to Dallas story. Irvin is a blowhard and always has been. An amazing talent and athlete but that mouth has got him in trouble before.

Who Irvin? Yes he does but he also always wants to get the big scoop so all eyes are on him. See the afore mentioned Brady to Dallas story. Irvin is a blowhard and always has been. An amazing talent and athlete but that mouth has got him in trouble before.

No...he always wants to make sure the players is portrayed as the victim in everything...but both sides do that...see the Panthers and the Cam Newton situation. Fact is unless the player goes on to raise hell on another team or does something truly despicable (DJ Swearinger, Brandon Marshall...Mike Vick) fans will always take the players' side in a beef of this sort b/c that's who they root for & see every sunday & likely have for at least 4-5 years...whereas HC's change every 2-3 years on any 1 team. And all it really takes is for them to leak their side of things out to a guy like Irvin...doesn't even have to be all the way true. Fans will believe it.

Not saying this is the case in this situation but still noone should be surprised by how fans have aligned with what Irvin says. Saw the same thing with AJ...Duane Brown...Case Keenum...For whatever reason, folks have this naive image of players that they don't play those media games the HC & owners do. In years past it was tough for them to do it, but with social media, its much easier for them to do so.

what is it going to take for Mcnair to wake up and get rid of OB ? Anyone have any ideas ? And yes life will still go on with out OB but life for us as fans would be much better. Love to hear from you guys

I don’t want to say this. But it’s possible that Cal directed O’Brien to have that meeting. Cal could’ve had Hopkins on his shyt list due to Nuk’s reaction to Daddy’s “inmates running the asylum” comment. Still, it was O’Brien that brought Aaron Hernandez into the conversation.

Any other HC or GM would get roasted, toasted, and spit out for this. We just don’t know if Billy was doing Cal’s dirty work.

Maybe true. But the players are going to believe Irvin's version.
It might not be whether the players believe Irvin’s version rather him being in a position to say what they already know.

I have now gone back to thinking about how O’Brien became GM in the first place, uuummmm? I think I was out of town for the Denver/Texans game and was unaware until this morning when it was mentioned on First Take that O’Brien had gotten into a profanity laced confrontation with a fan and it was Hopkins leading him away and into the tunnel. Is this true?

Oh well, in about eight days my next Texans reminder will be the invoice installment.

I have now gone back to thinking about how O’Brien became GM in the first place. I think I was out of town for the Denver/Texans game and was unaware until this morning when it was mentioned on First Take that O’Brien had gotten into a profanity laced confrontation with a fan and it was Hopkins leading him away and into the tunnel. Is this true?
Yes, it was him, which makes this even more depressing. The Texans got rid of the wrong guy.

No...he always wants to make sure the players is portrayed as the victim in everything...but both sides do that...see the Panthers and the Cam Newton situation. Fact is unless the player goes on to raise hell on another team or does something truly despicable (DJ Swearinger, Brandon Marshall...Mike Vick) fans will always take the players' side in a beef of this sort b/c that's who they root for & see every sunday & likely have for at least 4-5 years...whereas HC's change every 2-3 years on any 1 team. And all it really takes is for them to leak their side of things out to a guy like Irvin...doesn't even have to be all the way true. Fans will believe it.

Not saying this is the case in this situation but still noone should be surprised by how fans have aligned with what Irvin says. Saw the same thing with AJ...Duane Brown...Case Keenum...For whatever reason, folks have this naive image of players that they don't play those media games the HC & owners do. In years past it was tough for them to do it, but with social media, its much easier for them to do so.

You’re right but it’s actually pretty simple. It’s human nature to take up for the little guy vs the big corporation. It’s just like if you ever sue a big company have a trial by jury and, assuming the judge doesn’t throw it out, you will win every time because people like to stick it to the man.

Same here, the player is seen as the underdog just trying to get what he’s worth and HC and owners are the evil overlords stepping on the little guy. Unless those evil overlords are winning like the Pats were, then people don’t care about the players.

Back