Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Hopkins traded to Cardinals?

1. Overall, I agree. It was the McNair's that gave O'Brien this much power.
2. Meh, they beat upper echelon teams with the ball boy playing secondary last year, it just didn't hold up throughout the playoffs. The "upstanding citizen" requirement died with Bob McNair.
3. You're emotional about our QB, not the HC. Then again, you've decided that it was the QB holding us back, so that's not much of a surprise.
4. The Division as a whole was weak, but the Titans came on late with Tannehill to make it a respectable 5th place overall. (and a .500 record)

One poster on here said Suh wasn't signed in fa due to character concerns.

2-4 tie into each other. The Titans have a more talented roster. They found their QB.

3. I've said many times that BOB should have been fired and the Texans would never win a championship with DW4 unless he changes his style of play.

What more do you want me to say?

Full context:

Michael Irvin:

I got on the phone right after I heard about this trade & tried to pull it out of him. What happened? What happened here man? No way they give away one of the best receivers for a ham sandwich like they did.

He kept the high road. "I'm just happy about where I'm going." He left it there. I couldn't rest my mind on it. I called him 24 hours later, late yesterday. He was willing to talk more. Tell me what happened in Houston. He went into it. He told me "Michael, it was a bit of a power struggle there" because Bill O'Brien thought he had too much influence over the locker room. He called DeAndre Hopkins in a meeting to talk about this and hash it out. In that meeting, he started the meeting with telling DeAndre Hopkins this, that blew my mind when DeAndre told me this, he said "Last time I had to have a meeting like this, it was with Aaron Hernadez." I was like, he put in Aaron Hernadez in this meeting? He said "Yes he did." He said "Michael, that blew my mind he would bring it up. I've never been in any trouble. I don't know why he would equate me with Aaron Hernandez." From there, the meeting just deteriorated. He got into talking about DeAndre Hopkins, because Hopkins has a few kids from different women and told DeAndre he doesn't like he has his baby mamas around sometimes. From that, the relationship went bad & thus we have a trade of Hopkins from Houston for a ham sandwich all because of that relationship.

Full context:

Michael Irvin:

I got on the phone right after I heard about this trade & tried to pull it out of him. What happened? What happened here man? No way they give away one of the best receivers for a ham sandwich like they did.

He kept the high road. "I'm just happy about where I'm going." He left it there. I couldn't rest my mind on it. I called him 24 hours later, late yesterday. He was willing to talk more. Tell me what happened in Houston. He went into it. He told me "Michael, it was a bit of a power struggle there" because Bill O'Brien thought he had too much influence over the locker room. He called DeAndre Hopkins in a meeting to talk about this and hash it out. In that meeting, he started the meeting with telling DeAndre Hopkins this, that blew my mind when DeAndre told me this, he said "Last time I had to have a meeting like this, it was with Aaron Hernadez." I was like, he put in Aaron Hernadez in this meeting? He said "Yes he did." He said "Michael, that blew my mind he would bring it up. I've never been in any trouble. I don't know why he would equate me with Aaron Hernandez." From there, the meeting just deteriorated. He got into talking about DeAndre Hopkins, because Hopkins has a few kids from different women and told DeAndre he doesn't like he has his baby mamas around sometimes. From that, the relationship went bad & thus we have a trade of Hopkins from Houston for a ham sandwich all because of that relationship.
O’Brien must be stopped. Link is here...

Full context:

Michael Irvin:

WOW, just WOW. I never have liked this SOB from the very day they hired him as Texans HC. If this is true, and I have no reason to believe it is not, O'Brien has already lost the locker room for 2020. Texans may not win a game in 2020.

Last edited:
I was listening to 610 last night and ole buddy said Hopkins did not ask for anymore money. Said they haven't talked until just the other day.

of course not. Nuk was never a problem for this franchise. He handled his business like the consummate professional. Even if Nuk DID approach the club about a new deal he is definitely deserving - I mean how can you equate an ALL PRO wideout being paid less than guys like this:

Brandin Cooks, Alshon Jeffery, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Adam Thielen and Keenan Allen.

Thats downright disrespectful, but yeah I know I know all these die hard, blue blood LOGO LOVERS will say that the team does whats in the best interest of the team and there never develops a human attachment or emotion, and then we wonder why this team hasnt won SHT in 2 decades.

Navigating interpersonal relationships is one of the most crucial abilities top executives can possess. Texans are lead by an insolent child and thus will have to watch a train wreck first hand before it turns around.

Titans be loving this

giphy.webp

Full context:

Michael Irvin:

giphy.gif

It'll be interesting how the locker room responds. Watt and Tunsil are some of the only vets left that might defy BOB (most likely) and maybe Watson. And 2 of those 3 have BOB over a barrel with negotiations coming up. This could get a lot messier.

I had mentioned there was more to the story and had heard a few rumblings of deeper discontent, but not details. This begins to fill in the blanks. It was obviously time for Hop to go.

Yes....let's get rid of the elite player versus getting rid of the mediocre at best coach/GM/(Former but still)OC. Makes perfect sense.

Full context:

Michael Irvin:

despicable .. yeah you OBrien sycophants keep admiring and sucking up to this coward.

Obrien is a disgrace. He is nothing but a queen diva. He has ruined the Texans for his own vain satisfaction with no regard for winning and losing. There is no possible way we can win with that imbecile at the helm. He is taking all that money and giving nothing but team destruction and universal discontent in return.

Full context:

Michael Irvin:

Video of that.

Is it? We don't know all that transpired, but we got a RB that OB seems to have wanted. We also got a #40 pick in the draft. If, and it's a big if, we were to use that pick to take a quality receiver, say Mims, then we may have a bit of drop off at the receiver position, but overall, the prospects going forward are not that dire. Watson's play is the key. Hop? He was a fan favorite but the sucess of a team seldom revolves around one player (excepting QB).

hard for some to really grasp that there will be life after Nuk..Just as there was life after AJ. Acting like a bunch of emo teens in here i swear. Some of ya'll need to self-quarantine yourselves from the MB until you can get your emotions under control.

hard for some to really grasp that there will be life after Nuk..Just as there was life after AJ. Acting like a bunch of emo teens in here i swear. Some of ya'll need to self-quarantine yourselves from the MB until you can get your emotions under control.

I don't understand what you're defending. This was O'Brien's stupidest personnel decision in his career of stupid personnel decisions.

Full context:

Michael Irvin:

Wow....

I don't understand what you're defending. This was O'Brien's stupidest personnel decision in his career of stupid personnel decisions.

:brickwall:

Jesus christ some of you guys are dense & ya'll act like ya'll are being asked to solve 1 of the millenium prize problems by just reading what is in a damn post & taking it for what it is. Where in any of that post did intimate i was DEFENDING BoB? Where in any of my posts about this particular subject have i intimated that i liked this trade?

OBrien Nut Huggers are scrambling hard now that he's been proven to be a piece of **** racist coward.

Birds of a feather right.

The few of you that keep defending the man need to reassess whats important in your lives. Crying shame what this man has done to this team.

Bill O'Brien is ruining his reputation among the league and players and taking the organization down with him. Wake up McNairs and fire him now!

Full context:

Michael Irvin:

If I am reading this, BOB thought it a good idea to tell the actual best player and actual team leader to be less of an influence on the other players because of course, other players should not be awed the guy who by all accounts works hard, is highly productive and plays his best at crucial moments.

Who's anyone to tell another man how to handle his personal life? Was DeAndre late on child support? Is he a bad father? Is he the only man in AMerica that has children out of wedlock? Does that somehow imply the character of a man??

Because women arent intentionally out there to scam their way into some rich babies right?

Bill OBrien is a piece of ******* ****. He just let the whole world know what he's about.

**** him and **** anyone who supports him.

Sure there will be life. But how did this make the team better? Bill has had 7 years.

As of this very moment, you can pretty much say that no, we are not better. We are down an all-pro WR. But

#1, there are more than likely more moves to be made that may have an impact on things
#2, there's absolutely NOTHING anyone here can do about it
#3, Its a win for us as fans either way
#4, the season has yet to be played...

Elaborating on #3, If by some miracle the team winds up better (for the dunces, NOT SAYING THIS IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN), then we likely advance further in the playoffs. If we completely bottom out, then i firmly believe that there's no way in hell BOB survives this and he's out.

Now do you understand why it's foolish for you and others to defend this clown? You keep talking about some here being "overly emotional", yet you're defending an idiot that bases decisions on nothing but emotion with his teapot rage syndrome.

& here's yet another incapable of reading. & yes, you're still hyper emotional behind folks you don't even know.

And we wonder how OB gets the power he does.

Let’s give away a guy who’s in the prime of what will likely be a HOF career, replace him with a rookie with the 40th, and march forward. Never mind needing that pick for a multitude of other needs on your team that you can’t address with the limited picks you have.

And then you’re going to take away that player in the prime of a HOF career away from Watson, and expect that Watson just needs to overcome if he’s as good as people say? What a crapload of BS that is.
It's reality.

Maybe true. But the players are going to believe Irvin's version.

Which is a problem for the league in general.

Wild accusations with no proof have become a pattern and a problem with today's current NFL.

Again, I'm not saying that this may not all be true either. OB's reputation isn't great. As much as I like Hopkins, he did have a moment where he bolted out of the stadium premises and acted irrational himself before. I don't think that some convo between him and Irvin of all people should mean much considering the fact that Irvin has been a voice for some of the most loudmouth obnoxious pricks around the league for years. He's always that guy that is out there to defend the worst of the worst most of the time. Hopkins ought to get a better spokesman than Michael Irvin. I can say that much without hesitation whether this is true or not.

If he was a better coach.. id say yes. But his record against the elite teams. His coaching has been overall bad. But at least he can hang his hat on his afc south reg season champ banners.

But i will say i am probably biased.. based on our playoff performances and getting our butts handed to us time and time again

Which is a problem for the league in general.

Wild accusations with no proof have become a pattern and a problem with today's current NFL.

Again, I'm not saying that this may not all be true either. OB's reputation isn't great. As much as I like Hopkins, he did have a moment where he bolted out of the stadium premises and acted irrational himself before. I don't think that some convo between him and Irvin of all people should mean much considering the fact that Irvin has been a voice for some of the most loudmouth obnoxious pricks around the league for years. He's always that guy that is out there to defend the worst of the worst most of the time. Hopkins ought to get a better spokesman than Michael Irvin. I can say that much without hesitation whether this is true or not.
I agree. Irvin is a loudmouth and not a fan of his. However i can't believe he'd go on the air and specifically say DHop told him this. Too me it's different than saying "an unnamed player told me this"

Even if Cal fired him today, the damage has already been done. He's set this franchise back for a long time to come. A new guy would have nothing to build with since BLOB blew all of those future picks.

I really feel for DW. He should just focus on being a leader in the locker room so that BOB gets jealous and trades him for a ham sandwich and a late-round pick.

I agree. Irvin is a loudmouth and not a fan of his. However i can't believe he'd go on the air and specifically say DHop told him this. Too me it's different than saying "an unnamed player told me this"

Yeah, but when you're surrounding yourself with bad company like that it definitely tells me that your own mindset is potentially compromised here as well. Its the equivalent of living in Houston and having an issue with some business or law enforcement official and having Quannel X as your spokesman and representative on the news who is telling the story. People are automatically going to have side eye to you as well even if you may be telling the truth, because you're affiliating yourself with highly questionable characters with really bad track records on "player behavior" to make a case for you publicly. And again, Hopkins has acted childish before. I'm a big fan of his, but I wasn't a fan of his incident where he stormed off the team property over some of precious feelings being hurt over Mcnair's phrase that was perfectly reasonable that Hopkins allowed the media to stir up. You start hanging around Irvin and allowing Irvin to tell stories for you, and your character starts becoming a lot more questionable. It is what is. Irvin has always been around to persuade the public that guys like TO, Antonio Brown, Chad Johnson, and Beckum are all great guys who are just misunderstood behind all of their incidents. I hope that Hopkins doesn't make this a pattern and just gets over to Arizona to play instead of doing the back and forth thing.

Back