Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Head Coach Candidates

Here is info on Pederson and Eagles with one small note of interest

• The outcome of the Eagles’ situation really highlights how coaching is more than a one-man show, and how a head coach’s job is so much more than just that of a play-caller. Doug Pederson won a Super Bowl three years ago. He made the playoffs the two years to follow, and last year with a legit skeleton crew. And now he’s out. Why? It’s not that complicated. In 2017, Pederson had a loaded staff. Then, OC Frank Reich left for Indy, QBs coach John DeFilippo left for Minnesota, DC Jim Schwartz didn’t get the second shot at being a head coach many thought he would, and the dynamics changed. Pederson’s turned over the offensive staff twice. Schwartz stepped away, as it looked like his time way coming to an end. And it was clear that owner Jeffrey Lurie, among others, thought that the staffing issue that cropped up after the Super Bowl title needed to be fixed once and for all. Sometimes, when there are disagreements on how to go about overhauling staff, bigger change comes naturally. This is one of those times. The first sign of this, for me, came a couple weeks ago, when I heard Pederson’s name pop up in connection to the Houston job, a sign that some contingencies may have been explored. So I don’t think this came out of nowhere for anyone, nor was it entirely unpredictable.

I'm not opposed to younger coaches, but we shouldn't rule out a retread either. The Goat of coaches was a retread, so was Andy Reid and Tom Coughlin. Its about getting the right leader of men imo

a 65 year old position coach who has never been a coordinator!! We are not talking about an elite, proven HC like Andy Reid! Coughlin was a damn good coach in Jax too

I do have some interest in Doug, but man he really dropped the ball with his locker room towards the end.

Biggest problem with the Philly locker room is Wentz was allowed to act like a diva without the win-lose record to back it up. They needed to bench him a season before they did to show he is not bigger than the team.

I don’t think Watson has the ego Wentz has but likewise I’m not keen on bringing in a HC with a history of giving his big money QB freedom to say and act however he wants without the on field production to back it up.

Man, it may be to appease Watson that they announced their desire to interview Bieniemy. The window to do the 2 hr interview has closed. This means the Texans will have to wat until the Chiefs are done playing before they can bring Bieniemy in for an interview.

In the meantime.....the Texans can fall back on the, need to make a decision now, or risk losing both candidates.....the other being Joe Brady. Brady is being interviewed by other teams and seems to be nailing his opportunities. Cal and Caserio may hire Brady and just announce, they just couldn't risk losing him while waiting for the chance to interview Bieniemy. Blame it on KC's success.

Man, it may be to appease Watson that they announced their desire to interview Bieniemy. The window to do the 2 hr interview has closed. This means the Texans will have to wat until the Chiefs are done playing before they can bring Bieniemy in for an interview.

In the meantime.....the Texans can fall back on the, need to make a decision now, or risk losing both candidates.....the other being Joe Brady. Brady is being interviewed by other teams and seems to be nailing his opportunities. Cal and Caserio may hire Brady and just announce, they just couldn't risk losing him while waiting for the chance to interview Bieniemy. Blame it on KC's success.

I am most hopeful for
#1 - Joe Brady
#2 - Doug Pederson
#3 - Robert Saleh

#99 - Eric Bienemy

Yeah it’s ironic that as soon as DW4 gets back from vacation that Bienemy is requested for an interview.

likely to appease DW4 and the only way this goes anywhere is if the Texans lose out on other candidates that they had in mind and Bienemy is the only candidate left.

This wasnt that long ago.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">According to <a href="https://twitter.com/christianfauria?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@christianfauria</a> of <a href="https://twitter.com/WEEI?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@WEEI</a>, &quot;Eric Bieniemy wants nothing to do with that job and will not take that job&quot; with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Texans</a>. <a href="https://t.co/Oo4yURUogW">pic.twitter.com/Oo4yURUogW</a></p>&mdash; SportsRadio 610 (@SportsRadio610) <a href=" "

I wonder if Bieniemy changed his mind as well...

Last edited:
Who's that Martian in your avatar? It reminds of the Great Gazoo of the Flintstones.

Any true Texans fan would know the face of the Houston Texan's Franchise, the man behind the scenes pulling the strings, orchestrating every move made as we enter the 2021 NFL season.

anyone who thinks they know whats going on, especially the people who are out to spread trash talk

You understand "sources" and reporters are both compensated financially for material?

It doesn't mean the material is authentic.

This wasnt that long ago.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">According to <a href="https://twitter.com/christianfauria?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@christianfauria</a> of <a href="https://twitter.com/WEEI?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@WEEI</a>, &quot;Eric Bieniemy wants nothing to do with that job and will not take that job&quot; with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Texans</a>. <a href="https://t.co/Oo4yURUogW">pic.twitter.com/Oo4yURUogW</a></p>&mdash; SportsRadio 610 (@SportsRadio610) <a href=" "

I wonder if Bieniemy changed his mind as well...
Or could be that one of the reports are BS.

The fact that the Texans asked for an interview doesn't mean he has to agree to it.

And ... If the reports are true that Bieniemy was so poor in his other interviews , those other opportunities have probably dried up. The worst of one of 32 jobs in the world is still one of 32 and on average pays 5x what a coordinators job does. I just might change my mind under those circumstances.

The fact that the Texans asked for an interview doesn't mean he has to agree to it.

And ... If the reports are true that Bieniemy was so poor in his other interviews , those other opportunities have probably dried up. The worst of one of 32 jobs in the world is still one of 32 and on average pays 5x what a coordinators job does. I just might change my mind under those circumstances.

Sigh.

So the Texans may potentially match a QB who "reportedly" does not want to be here with a HC who "reportedly" does not want to be here. Sounds like the makings of a winning franchise.....

This is the way coaches used to treat Jerry Jones. Any coach with any cred wouldn't interview.

I know this is gonna upset our Easterboys but right now he's a PR nightmare. If he stays, we'll end up with our own version of Jason Garrett.

Perception is reality now.

If this is true....as I mentioned up post, It could come off as the biggest duck you slap in the face that Watson has ever suffered. Watson comes back from vacation and the team supposedly announces that Bieniemy is on the HC list to interview. Unfortunately, the HC interview opportunities for coaches still actively coaching in the playoffs has closed.....meaning the Texans couldn't interview Bieniemy until the Chiefs are done playing, that may not be until mid February. Texans will not risk losing Joe Brady, I think he'll be signed sooner than Bieniemy becomes available to interview.

This is the way coaches used to treat Jerry Jones. Any coach with any cred wouldn't interview.

I know this is gonna upset our Easterboys but right now he's a PR nightmare. If he stays, we'll end up with our own version of Jason Garrett.

I think he might be closer to Bruce Allen with Washington. A team executive who had the owner's ear and would always win organizational battles with players, GMs and coaches. If that is the case, hopefully it doesn't take Cal as long (10 years and over 100 losses) as it took Dan Snyder to fire Allen.

Did you read all that crap about Bienemy was over 10 years ago?

What do you think of the fact that Andy Reid promoted him to OC?

Claimed over, and it might be or might not. Reid making him an OC is nothing. Reid is calling plays. Mahomes talked him up to Watson. If he is so good, why is Mahomes offering him up to Watson to take to Cal? Seems fishy

Claimed over, and it might be or might not. Reid making him an OC is nothing. Reid is calling plays. Mahomes talked him up to Watson. If he is so good, why is Mahomes offering him up to Watson to take to Cal? Seems fishy
The next thing you know Mahomes and Watson will be swapping jerseys. Mahomes likes Bieniemy and winning one, maybe soon two SBs with him plus knowing the HC remains...

Mahomes likes his QB coach and would recommend bump to OC..yeah I can see it. Silly players do silly things like that for their friends. I cannot imagine why?

I don't understand this...

What makes you think square peg round hole?

He’s a coordinator that’s been around for a long time and hasn’t show he’s built to run a success team similar to Schwartz or Romeo. These guys while great at what they do struggle running the entire ship.

I also think this team that is currently better suited for an offense minded coach.

I don't believe there is a single "Easterboy" on this forum .... Wouldn't bother anyone if he was canned. Most would be thrilled.

Back