Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Head Coach Candidate (Lovie Smith Hired) 2/7/22

What’s Easterby going to do? Give all the paperclips to McCown and not the HC?

Is he going to put an out of order sign on the copier so the HC can’t use it? Then remove it for everyone else?

Is he going to cut the power to mic when the HC is speaking?

The stretch some of you guys make just because of a boogie man.

Apparently you haven’t been here the last 3-4 years.

McDaniels would be my favorite hire. That hasn't changed. But reality says that's unlikely to happen.

Im waiting for the reports that the Texans are leaning towards Joe Lombardi & all the connections & the patting of backs & all the good will

Then wake up the next morning to a story where Easterby & Nick took the jet to Foxboro & brought McDaniels back in the middle of the night.

Is he going to put an out of order sign on the copier so the HC can’t use it? Then remove it for everyone else?

I wasn't saying that I agreed with him. I was just clarifying his post.
I don't think Easterby would do anything

McCown is only being considered because he and Rasputin Jack became BFFs and are both members of Fellowship of Christian Athletes. It’s sickening and infuriating that these extraneous factors with absolutely zero connection to football or winning are what matters to the Texans.

Rasputin is still firmly in control and pulling the strings with moves like this. This team is run by dumbasses and are a laughingstock. They have so much hubris and are so tone deaf that continue making moves no other team in the league would make. Houston finally gave this team the finger this year by not selling out every game and for not watching this **** product. No acknowledgment or apology for their horrible actions that have actively killed their fan base. Cal, Rasputin and Caserio can all go to the hell. They have earned hatred and vitriol of Houston fans.

It’s sickening and infuriating that these extraneous factors with absolutely zero connection to football or winning are what matters to the Texans
They haven’t signed McCown or anyone yet. We don’t know what effect any extraneous factors have at the moment.

they’ve brought in more guys with no connection to Easterby or New England, but this one pulls your string?

a sword too shall pierce your heart so the thoughts of many may be revealed
Rasputin is still firmly in control and pulling the strings with moves like this.

Well he’s doing a better job than I thought he would. Can’t wait to see what he does with Watson & the draft.

They haven’t signed McCown or anyone yet. We don’t know what effect any extraneous factors have at the moment.

they’ve brought in more guys with no connection to Easterby or New England, but this one pulls your string?

Well he’s doing a better job than I thought he would. Can’t wait to see what he does with Watson & the draft.
Keep defending this sinking ship.

Are you being serious here? You’re defending the indefensible - a NFL team at the very bottom, lower than the Browns, Jags and Lions when it comes to lifetime achievements. The Texans have considered and last year actually hired a candidate that none of the 31 other teams would consider. It’s a problem that we don’t even bother to interview consensus top tier candidates like Robert Saleh (because he is Muslim) or Bieniemy last year and have a guy like Culley on their short list. The result this year was having the worst NFL head coach that I’ve ever seen. I’d much rather hire coaches from a pool of retreads or from a list of candidates that are on other teams’ lists than this crap.

Last edited:
What is really interesting is to see who is hired. If it is McCown then the base will believe Easterby is more involved just as they thought. I wonder if/when Casario's self preservation will kick in (if Easterby is really this heavy handed) Not many GMs get a third shot at the head coach. If Casario is really being forced to or chooses to throw in with Easterby then his neck is on the line as well. I'd much rather be worrying about football than all the melodrama...but here we are.
The File Clerk does seem to give in to other's demands. This we know because Pep had control of making the first few draft picks.

The File Clerk does seem to give in to other's demands. This we know because Pep had control of making the first few draft picks.
The file clerk wants to play coach as well. That’s why he picked a clown and puppet like Culley and the Frankenstein staff of O’Brien leftovers and guys Caserio picked. No legitimate NFL head coach would allow a preacher and GM pick his staff for him. The results speak for themselves.

I don't know about control, but Hamilton did have info on Mills. And offensive assistant Ben McDaniels had been the Michigan WR coach and likely had input on Nico Collins. So, Caserio was certainly leaning on their opinions.

I wasn't saying that I agreed with him. I was just clarifying his post.
I don't think Easterby would do anything

you misunderstood. I was referring to Mclames idea that McCown should be added to the coaching staff, perhaps as QB coach. Whomever is the HC will be looking over his shoulder as the Preacher constantly muddies the waters and works to undermine him at every turn in hopes his bestbud and fellow prayer circle devotee McCown gets the nod in a year or two. With the Preacher in place, it’s a very toxic environment and will never lead to a consistent winner. Game boy has to grow a pair and get rid of Easter Bunny, let NC be a real GM, and get a real HC not some guy volunteering at his kids HS.

My apologies if there was a misunderstanding on my part.

Are you being serious here? You’re defending the indefensible
I didn’t defend anything in the post you quoted. Just pointed out your poor logic. You’re acting as if they’ve made McCown the HC. & they didn’t.

You’re acting like they’re only looking at a narrow list of players from an exclusive FCA list & they’re not.

It’s a problem that we don’t even bother to interview consensus top tier candidates like Robert Saleh (because he is Muslim) or Bieniemy last year
You don’t know why they didn’t interview Saleh.

They interviewed Staley, Bieniemy, Eberflus, Daboll (I think), Arthur Smith, Joe Brady, & Ryan day.
I’d much rather hire coaches from a pool of retreads or from a list of candidates that are on other teams’ lists than this crap.
Have you seen the list of candidates they’ve already reached out to this year, or do you only know about McCown? Sounds like you only know about McCown, the way you worded your argument?

Rasputin is in reference to Jack.
I got it. He’s saying Jack is in control. While we’re still in fire dumpster territory we’re not doing as poorly as the O’Brien/Easterby regime. Low bar, I know

I don't know about control, but Hamilton did have info on Mills. And offensive assistant Ben McDaniels had been the Michigan WR coach and likely had input on Nico Collins. So, Caserio was certainly leaning on their opinions.
This is kind of what he did for Belichick. It is what he knows.

I would. But that’s just me. Unless the Preacher is let go, I want nothing to do with McClown.

Shocking

Tell me why you refer to McCown as McClown? He seems to be a standup, smart, tough guy, who happens to believe in God/Family/Country. I like these kinds of people too, they tend to make others lives better too.

You dont like these kinds of people? They tend to be leaders. Not saying I want McCown to be the next HC, but I would love for him to pass on his knowledge to others within the Texans org. Particularly the players.

Last edited:
Shocking

Tell me why you refer to McCown as McClown? He seems to be a standup, smart, tough guy, who happen to believe in God/Family/Country. I like these kinds of people too, they tend to make others lives better too.

You dont like these kinds of people? They tend to be leaders. Not saying I want McCown to be the next HC, but I would love for him to pass on his knowledge to others within the Texans org. Particularly the players.
Josh McCown is not qualified to be a head coach of an NFL team right now. Enough with the leader of men propaganda for a back up quarterback.

Shocking

Tell me why you refer to McCown as McClown? He seems to be a standup, smart, tough guy, who happen to believe in God/Family/Country. I like these kinds of people too, they tend to make others lives better too.

less a personal knock on him and more a play on words regarding the process that led him to be a candidate for HC. When the circus is on full display the clowns are out in full force. But like PT Barnum said there’s a sucker born every minute. No matter what the clown show produces some will find a way to excuse it and back it.

meanwhile lil Shanny and Demeco are going to the NFC Championship

One thing everyone needs to be reminded:

The best head coach candidates are usually available after they lose in the playoffs, and most are still coaching.

Maybe Caserio is waiting to interview those guys before a Mayo or McDaniels.

Don’t know.

calling out name-calling
wasn't Cal the Cuck before Kyle?

Totally different situations.

One is letting your perverted QB call the hiring of the GM/HC. A totally Cuck move. Plus Cal had a history of being a Cuck. See: BOB

I'm just glad things turned out the way they did. Atleast now, the Texans org has a chance to bring a Lombardi (I'm not talking about Joe) to Kirby.

The other is calling a hopefully future member of the Texans org McClown when he's done absolutely nothing to ean this tag.

It's really dumb.

I don't like Patriots influence but maybe it's fine to have an emphasis on good character considering the guy we hitched our wagon to molested 25 women.

Or more (Allegedly) there are more rumored to be out there waiting to see how this turns out before they file against Derrick.

The fact that Whitney/Cunningham/Cobb etc.. You know Jack's guys are no longer on the team should tell you that Caserio's running the football opps down on Kirby. But it wont, because it doesn't fit your narrative.
So Josh McCown is the only individual to get 2 interviews with the Texans. Not 1, but 2. Its not a coincidence when the 3rd string qb gets a 30 minute interview and speaks about the vision of the team when Esterby was the interim gm. Then the only candidate who wouldn't fire him is hired. C'mon bro, you cant be that dense.

So Josh McCown is the only individual to get 2 interviews with the Texans

I believe they interviewed Caldwell twice, they’re supposed to have an interview with Eberflus. I think they interviewed him last year too. & I hear they’ve scheduled a 2nd interview with Gannon.
Its not a coincidence when the 3rd string qb gets a 30 minute interview
I wonder if it was like, “OK Josh, we’ve got you set up for 30 minutes. Make me look good.”

Or was it, “You’re the 3rd string QB, shouldn’t take long.”

The defense that got Saleh the job with the NYJets
An already good defense got better under Ryans this season. Saleh deserved his shot with the Jets. I think Ryans is a good coach who is rising quickly.

If we pick someone else, I'm not going to poopoo the new HC as long as the hire makes sense. Lots of coaches deserving of their shot. DeMeco Ryans is just my preference. Mike McDaniel would be a good hire as well.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

One thing everyone needs to be reminded:

The best head coach candidates are usually available after they lose in the playoffs, and most are still coaching.

Maybe Caserio is waiting to interview those guys before a Mayo or McDaniels.

Don’t know.
That could be. But as I previously posted, this year the NFL's recent new rules re. interviewing have changed. Coaches can be interviewed beginning in the last 2 weeks of the regular season, even if they are on a team still playing in the ongoing playoffs.........as long as it is for a presently open HC position.

Are you being serious here? You’re defending the indefensible - a NFL team at the very bottom, lower than the Browns, Jags and Lions when it comes to lifetime achievements. The Texans have considered and last year actually hired a candidate that none of the 31 other teams would consider. It’s a problem that we don’t even bother to interview consensus top tier candidates like Robert Saleh (because he is Muslim) or Bieniemy last year and have a guy like Culley on their short list. The result this year was having the worst NFL head coach that I’ve ever seen. I’d much rather hire coaches from a pool of retreads or from a list of candidates that are on other teams’ lists than this crap.
You need to wake up and accept the reality of the NFL power structure among owners because teams of the highest echelon like the Patriots, & Eagles would not either take an interview with a Robert Saleh to fill their HC position.
BTW Saleh's team won only 4 games this past season.

Same thing that led to the hype train regarding Bienemy, folks here are falling for with Demeco. Demeco ain’t bringing Bosa, Armstead, Jones & Warner, with him folks.
Plenty of young head coaches got opportunities early and have done well. Just like many have gotten the same chance and flopped. It’s a crap shoot either way. Ryans is intriguing but no connection to preacher man ensures he is not a candidate.

Back