Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Grade

Rumps02

Practice Squad
I'm not going to issue a final draft grade... Yes I will. C

I feel like when you have a need at every position you should draft BPA throughout the first two or three rounds. I don't feel like they did that. Stingley wasn't even the best corner on the board at 3. Gardner gave up one past last season over 10 yards. And that was a 13 yard gain. He was the best corner...unless you go back to 2019. And I guess that's what the Texans did.
Stingley out-grades every measurable over Sauce. He wanted to play through his injury this year and was told no by his agent and coaching staff.

This dude went through turmoil with a head coach that tried to sweep a harassment complaint under the rug whilst going through a nasty divorce due to the crazy stories swirling in Baton Rouge about his womanizing. Players were even on record as saying it was a distraction to the team. Stingley was still and All-SEC in 2020 so this isn’t just about 2019.

There are stories that he locked up Chase and Jefferson in practice most of the time. Stingley is a generational talent so when people say the Texans didn’t make a splash, they are sorely mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I thought it was a little risky of a pick at #3. I mean, you have such a sucky season to get there, that pick needs to be as much of a lock as it can be. And yes I realize that no pick is a lock. And maybe it still will be a very solid pick, I just would have went with a less risky pick there.

I thought the Green pick was a good recovery, and the best of the draft. Yeah, you passed on Ekwonu and Neal, but getting a bulldozer on the interior has been missing for a while now, and you were able to get 3 additional picks with it.

But then they gave all 3 of those picks away to move up 3 times, when at least 2 times they probably didn't have to. Moving up 5 to get Harris? Then a move up in the 5th? Didn't like those moves.

Metchie put up some numbers even with some studs at Tuscaloosa the last couple of years, but giving up 3 picks to move up and get him with the ACL, maybe a bit much. But it seems recovery goes pretty well these days with ACLs, so this could be a good get.

Harris, again, moving up 5 spots to get him seemed unnecessary. Nobody took a LB in the next 5 picks, but then again, Harris was off the board.

I know a lot of you liked the Pierce pick. I just thought there were better RB options there. What was Florida doing where this guy wasn't seeing the rock more?

The rest of the picks, likely just roster filler at best. Still moved up to get Booker though. I just don't get that one.

Quitoriano fulfils the yearly TE pick. And I though Deculus was just throwing a bone to another local kid. The reports I've read say this dude will get eaten by NFL speed on the edge, he struggles keeping blocks centered and he's slow to backside blocks.

Having 2 1sts, and high picks in every round, it just didn't feel like they got all they could out of it.

images~3.png

Which can definitely change once these guys actually take NFL snaps. And it's much better than the D I gave them last year, so they're moving in the right direction.

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
No i agree with you. You are rite . They did not draft the best players available n at 13 they shoukd of picked the best playet at that spot. We have no super stars on our team or taken in this draft. Look what the jers did. Best cor er best reciever n best runninhmh back n a top 5 pass rusher. Texa s need to look at what they did n learn how to draft.i do not get how u have 2 top picks in the top 20 n our players we drafted were ranked higher than 20. How do u not get 2 players in the top 20. And in the 2 d or 3rd round i woukd of drafted a top 1 or 2running back. What are we doing. Everything changes but still serms the same
Deep thoughts by
1651373785203.png

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
I thought it was a little risky of a pick at #3. I mean, you have such a sucky season to get there, that pick needs to be as much of a lock as it can be. And yes I realize that no pick is a lock. And maybe it still will be a very solid pick, I just would have went with a less risky pick there.

I thought the Green pick was a good recovery, and the best of the draft. Yeah, you passed on Ekwonu and Neal, but getting a bulldozer on the interior has been missing for a while now, and you were able to get 3 additional picks with it.

But then they gave all 3 of those picks away to move up 3 times, when at least 2 times they probably didn't have to. Moving up 5 to get Harris? Then a move up in the 5th? Didn't like those moves.

Metchie put up some numbers even with some studs at Tuscaloosa the last couple of years, but giving up 3 picks to move up and get him with the ACL, maybe a bit much. But it seems recovery goes pretty well these days with ACLs, so this could be a good get.

Harris, again, moving up 5 spots to get him seemed unnecessary. Nobody took a LB in the next 5 picks, but then again, Harris was off the board.

I know a lot of you liked the Pierce pick. I just thought there were better RB options there. What was Florida doing where this guy wasn't seeing the rock more?

The rest of the picks, likely just roster filler at best. Still moved up to get Booker though. I just don't get that one.

Quitoriano fulfils the yearly TE pick. And I though Deculus was just throwing a bone to another local kid. The reports I've read say this dude will get eaten by NFL speed on the edge, he struggles keeping blocks centered and he's slow to backside blocks.

Having 2 1sts, and high picks in every round, it just didn't feel like they got all they could out of it.

View attachment 10106

Which can definitely change once these guys actually take NFL snaps.
And it's much better than the D I gave them last year.
Lol 🤣

rmartin65

Phil Kessel: Nice Guy. Tries Hard.
Having taken some time to look over film, read some other people's thoughts/reports... I'll give the Texans a B+ for the draft (taking trades into account).

Round 1, Pick 3: LSU CB Derek Stingley Jr
Grade: A
Justification: Stingley's injury has been talked to death here. If the medical checks out (and we have no reason to suggest it doesn't), then the Texans just drafted a potential All-Pro CB. On tape (particularly his freshman tape), he has practically no flaws.

Round 1, Pick 15: TAMU OG Kenyon Green
Grade: B+
Justification: I'm including the trade here- while it pained me to see the Texans pass on Hamilton, it really didn't make sense to go back-to-back DBs in the first. Casserio did well to pick up several more picks and still get his target. While I'll admit that I thought the Texans reached a bit for Green (and I have Johnson graded higher), Green profiles as a day 1 starting OG.

Round 2, Pick 37: Baylor DB Jalen Pitre
Justification: It's hard not to like this pick. Athletic, productive, and can play a couple different positions. I do worry about his size, but it hasn't seemed to hinder him thus far.

Round 2, Pick 44: Alabama WR John Metchie III
Grade: C
Justification: Again, I'm including the trade here. While the trade value was fine, I don't think Metchie was worth it. He strikes me as a decent slot of a couple years, but I don't see Metchie as someone who keeps the Texans from looking to upgrade the position (which, ideally, you are finding a long-term player in the second). He won't be a bust in the sense that he won't make it in the NFL, but I don't think he ever lives up to pick 44.

Round 3, Pick 75: Alabama LB Christian Harris
Justification: Yet again, the trade value seems fine but I don't get the player. There is no denying that Harris has some special gifts- he's fast, he's aggressive, etc. But he is a 225 lbs linebacker- he got overpowered in college, he is absolutely going to be overpowered at the next level. He's a striker more than a tackler- yeah, he'll cause some fumbles, but bigger players may be able to roll off the hits and keep moving forward. I do think there is a chance for Harris to succeed on the outside, but I think there were better linebackers available.

Round 4, Pick 107: Florida RB Dameon Pierce
Justification: This is probably the most well-received Texans' draft pick that I have ever seen! And for good reason- there is a lot to like about Pierce. A powerful back with excellent production with low mileage despite heavy competition, it is likely that Pierce sees significant playing time next year.

Round 5, Pick 150: Stanford DT Thomas Booker
Grade: B
Justification: Trade seems fine. It seems a little early for Booker, but he is clearly a player that the Texans' FO liked. I worry about what he actually brings to the table- he's not a space eater, and he's not really a pass rush threat- but he should be a reliable rotational guy next year. Excellent character too, from what I have read.

Round 5, Pick 170: Oregon State TE Teagan Quitoriano
Grade: D
Justification: On talent/value this pick would be a C, but I just read about what happened in HS, so I'm dropping it a bit. On the field, Q looks like he has some interesting physical traits, but is definitely more of a project than finished product right now. I am curious that it looks like the Texans like his blocking ability- to me, that is one of the weaker aspects of his game. Maybe I watched the wrong games.

Round 6, Pick 205: LSU RT Austin Deculus
Justification: Meh. I don't see it, but throwing a late pick at a long-term starter on a successful college team can't be judged too harshly. I don't think the mobility is there for him to really develop into anything, though.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Having taken some time to look over film, read some other people's thoughts/reports... I'll give the Texans a B+ for the draft (taking trades into account).

Justification: Stingley's injury has been talked to death here. If the medical checks out (and we have no reason to suggest it doesn't), then the Texans just drafted a potential All-Pro CB. On tape (particularly his freshman tape), he has practically no flaws.

Grade: B+
Justification: I'm including the trade here- while it pained me to see the Texans pass on Hamilton, it really didn't make sense to go back-to-back DBs in the first. Casserio did well to pick up several more picks and still get his target. While I'll admit that I thought the Texans reached a bit for Green (and I have Johnson graded higher), Green profiles as a day 1 starting OG.

Justification: It's hard not to like this pick. Athletic, productive, and can play a couple different positions. I do worry about his size, but it hasn't seemed to hinder him thus far.

Justification: Again, I'm including the trade here. While the trade value was fine, I don't think Metchie was worth it. He strikes me as a decent slot of a couple years, but I don't see Metchie as someone who keeps the Texans from looking to upgrade the position (which, ideally, you are finding a long-term player in the second). He won't be a bust in the sense that he won't make it in the NFL, but I don't think he ever lives up to pick 44.

Justification: Yet again, the trade value seems fine but I don't get the player. There is no denying that Harris has some special gifts- he's fast, he's aggressive, etc. But he is a 225 lbs linebacker- he got overpowered in college, he is absolutely going to be overpowered at the next level. He's a striker more than a tackler- yeah, he'll cause some fumbles, but bigger players may be able to roll off the hits and keep moving forward. I do think there is a chance for Harris to succeed on the outside, but I think there were better linebackers available.

Justification: This is probably the most well-received Texans' draft pick that I have ever seen! And for good reason- there is a lot to like about Pierce. A powerful back with excellent production with low mileage despite heavy competition, it is likely that Pierce sees significant playing time next year.

Justification: Trade seems fine. It seems a little early for Booker, but he is clearly a player that the Texans' FO liked. I worry about what he actually brings to the table- he's not a space eater, and he's not really a pass rush threat- but he should be a reliable rotational guy next year. Excellent character too, from what I have read.

Grade: D
Justification: On talent/value this pick would be a C, but I just read about what happened in HS, so I'm dropping it a bit. On the field, Q looks like he has some interesting physical traits, but is definitely more of a project than finished product right now. I am curious that it looks like the Texans like his blocking ability- to me, that is one of the weaker aspects of his game. Maybe I watched the wrong games.

Justification: Meh. I don't see it, but throwing a late pick at a long-term starter on a successful college team can't be judged too harshly. I don't think the mobility is there for him to really develop into anything, though.
Fair grades all around. I agree the biggest issue for me was the trade up for Metchie. I’m not necessarily bashing the player compared to who else was on the board (for me I had Skyy Moore above). Everyone’s board is different and I applaud them for getting the guy they target.

But I thought they had a bigger need at edge rusher or locking in the top TE prospect in Mcbride. However, the team must place higher priority on getting that slot WR and while all of us thought they should’ve addressed edge/TE earlier the team disagreed. I prioritized TE over slot because I figure team will be running more two TE sets but maybe they see Metchie as a guy who will be on the field over Collins in two TE sets then bump into the slot in three WR packages.

I will be hopeful that they were right and Metchie becomes a reliable core player for this team going forward!

banned1976

sleeper mode
Stingley out-grades every measurable over Sauce. He wanted to play through his injury this year and was told no by his agent and coaching staff.

This dude went through turmoil with a head coach that tried to sweep a harassment complaint under the rug whilst going through a nasty divorce due to the crazy stories swirling in Baton Rouge about his womanizing. Players were even on record as saying it was a distraction to the team. Stingley was still and All-SEC in 2020 so this isn’t just about 2019.

There are stories that he locked up Chase and Jefferson in practice most of the time. Stingley is a generational talent so when people say the Texans didn’t make a splash, they are sorely mistaken.

You're looking at measurables and I'm looking at the tape. I'm looking at performance over the last year and you're looking at potential. I see a big injury red flag and you're seeing a distraction. You're making excuses while I'm finding risk.

Every year we do this on this board. I recognize some are going to defend every move the Texans make. For me, there were three picks I like - Pierce, Green and Pitre. Harris was okay. The rest I feel will have a hard time finding longevity in the league for one reason or another. That includes one first round pick and one second round pick. That's were my C grade comes from.

Lastly, I really, really, really dislike it when the Texans take players with injury concerns. It rarely works in their favor. That kind of skews my view on these players (Stingley and Metchie) so maybe that's not fair to them but I can't help my non-injury bias.

Rumps02

Practice Squad
You're looking at measurables and I'm looking at the tape. I'm looking at performance over the last year and you're looking at potential. I see a big injury red flag and you're seeing a distraction. You're making excuses while I'm finding risk.
That is all fair. We go round and round and punch holes in each other’s reasons for wanting Sauce over Stingley or vice versa.

Cincy had 9 players drafted this weekend, so I could sit here and make arguments that a major conference talent team was playing in an inferior conference and that inflated Sauce’s tape.

I think they are both great options. And I do see the risk of taking one over the other because of injury history. But I’m willing to take that risk if there is evidence (and there is plenty) of someone who could not be beat in the best conference in college football.

I think Stingley was more battle tested in a much more talented conference and he shut elite talent down when on the field.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Grading the draft class for what it is...
I'll give it a solid B.
Plenty of moving around hunting for draft picks for the players they wanted so big kudos for that.
They reached for Metchie, otherwise I'd give it a B+. I feel they could have sat pat and moved up to about 60 and still gotten him plus he has to prove himself post injury, just like Stingley.
If those two work out, this draft becomes an A.
Green is going to be good and so is Pitre, Pierce and I think Harris can be at least as effective as Cunningham.
Now it's up to the coaches!

Texansballer74

The Marine

Every year we do this on this board. I recognize some are going to defend every move the Texans make. For me, there were three picks I like - Pierce, Green and Pitre. Harris was okay. The rest I feel will have a hard time finding longevity in the league for one reason or another. That includes one first round pick and one second round pick. That's were my C grade comes from.

Lastly, I really, really, really dislike it when the Texans take players with injury concerns. It rarely works in their favor. That kind of skews my view on these players (Stingley and Metchie) so maybe that's not fair to them but I can't help my non-injury bias.
Well that’s what the experts looks at measurables. Thus the reason why Travon Walker went number 1.
Yes the Texans has some type of fetish with players coming off injuries. I thought that would’ve changed with this new regime.
I give them a B- because they addressed what we needed. And I’m thinking at least 4 of them will be day 1 starters contributing in a major way. Another two will more and likely contribute some time during the season.

Texansballer74

The Marine

3. Houston Texans: Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU

• Grade: B-
The Texans address a key need for a big playmaker on the back end of coach Lovie Smith’s defense, but it’s surprising they passed on the better values at offensive tackle and took Stingley ahead of better all-around corner prospect Sauce Gardner. Stingley has some durability concerns and had some time off, and the Texans are banking on him being a Jalen Ramsey-type player. It’s a true boom-or-bust selection for Nick Caserio.
15. Houston Texans (from Dolphins via Eagles): Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M

• Grade: C
The Texans passed on offensive tackle earlier so it’s a bit odd they went for an interior blocker here, especially when players such as Tyler Linderbaum and Zion Johnson were on the board. They also could have doubled up on defense by going after many of the impactful edge rushers still available. Green will be a powerful force for the running game, but there were more pressing needs to address for an overall talent-poor team.
37. Houston Texans: Jalen Pitre, S/CB, Baylor

• Grade: A
After losing safety Justin Reid in free agency and taking Derek Stingley Jr. for outside corner, the Texans land a hybrid cover man and run support player for Lovie Smith. He can work the slot well and is comfortable with his instincts in man and zone.

Texansballer74

The Marine
44. Houston Texans (from Browns): John Metchie III, WR, Alabama

• Grade: B
Metchie uses his technical skills, including quickness and route-running, to flat-out make big plays. The Texans moved up to get his outside No. 1 qualities to pair with Nico Collins and Brandin Cooks to boost the strong-armed Davis Mills in Year 2.
75. Houston Texans (from Broncos): Christian Harris, LB, Alabama

• Grade: A+
The Texans had a massive void in the middle of Lovie Smith’s 4-3 defense and needed to tap into a sideline-to-sideline playmaker with great range, speed and quickness along with reliable coverage ability for their zone scheming.Bwhahaha

Texansphan

Football connoisseur

3. Houston Texans: Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU

• Grade: B-
The Texans address a key need for a big playmaker on the back end of coach Lovie Smith’s defense, but it’s surprising they passed on the better values at offensive tackle and took Stingley ahead of better all-around corner prospect Sauce Gardner. Stingley has some durability concerns and had some time off, and the Texans are banking on him being a Jalen Ramsey-type player. It’s a true boom-or-bust selection for Nick Caserio.
15. Houston Texans (from Dolphins via Eagles): Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M

• Grade: C
The Texans passed on offensive tackle earlier so it’s a bit odd they went for an interior blocker here, especially when players such as Tyler Linderbaum and Zion Johnson were on the board. They also could have doubled up on defense by going after many of the impactful edge rushers still available. Green will be a powerful force for the running game, but there were more pressing needs to address for an overall talent-poor team.
37. Houston Texans: Jalen Pitre, S/CB, Baylor

• Grade: A
After losing safety Justin Reid in free agency and taking Derek Stingley Jr. for outside corner, the Texans land a hybrid cover man and run support player for Lovie Smith. He can work the slot well and is comfortable with his instincts in man and zone.
C for Green? You're gonna eat that one come game time.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Grade: I
(incomplete)
LisFranc! ***MEDICAL ALERT**** Start with the Defense. This could turn out to be an A+ or an F-. If he makes a couple of pro bowls and signs a big-time 2nd contract, A+. If he doesn't, F-. This was a Lovie and Dino Vasso pick.

Now it's offense turn. I'm an Alex Gibbs fan who believed you can find your Brandon Brooks and Ben Jones in the middle of a draft. Green's Combine and Pro Day performances were something you would find in the draft on Day 3. Part of the grade is because of not trading back with Pittsburgh and adding a 2nd RD, pick 52. Green may've been there at #20. If not there were 5-6 really good players who were. This was a George Warhop pick.

Grade: A+

Defense turn. This could turn out to be the Texan's best draft pick. His production and athleticism are worthy and warrant this pick. This was a Lovie and Joe Danna pick.

Offense turn. Part of the grade is for trading up. This pick should've been part of the DW4 trade. Metchie is currently an IR player. This was clearly a Pep pick. Pep strongly recruited Metchie when Pep was at Michigan. As the Texans OC Pep had the power to convince all a trade was a must for Metchie. Metchie could turn out to be Texans' best WR in a few years. Pep thinks Metchie fits his system well.

Grade C

Defense turn. Lovie throws his son a Miles Smith a bone to make this pick. Usually can't go wrong when drafting an Alabama player. Harris is an undersized tweener and could end up being used as a hybrid LB-S. Had Texans not traded up and taken Harris at #80 - GRADE B

Offense Turn. Smaller slower back, Florida QB was their best rusher. Looks to be JAG with limited production. Was never used extensively at FLA so there is not a lot of wear and tear on his body. Heard Caserio say Texans have a lot of good RBs on this team (had to scratch my head) and Pierce would've to earn a place on the field. Special teamer? A Frank Ross and/or Danny Barrett pick.

Defense turn. This sounds like Lovie and Pep picking up the phone and calling David Shaw and asking David is their player at Stanford not drafted that can play in the NFL. From a standpoint if Booker does not make it as a starter he appears he would be welcomed and improved with added depth.

Offense turn. Pep's running game sometimes consists of a 3 TE set. This guy is a blocking TE and probably won't see many passes thrown his way. Pep may have 1 or 2 pass plays for him but that's it. Will be a special teams guy. This is a Pep/Frank Ross/Tim Berbenich pick.

Oops offense gets a back to back. Likely a guy Warhop saw at his Pro Day and sees as an improvement as back up and he has Warhop's love of 34" arms. Because he's an OL wise choice in 6th RD he gets a C grade instead of a D.

Final Grade: C, could upgrade to a B- based on how well Stingley performs.

Last edited:

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
C for Green? You're gonna eat that one come game time.
29. New England Patriots (from Chiefs via 49ers, Dolphins): Cole Strange, G, Chattanooga

Grade: B-
The Patriots loved Strange enough to jump on him in the first round but they could have likely gotten him in the third round. He is their ideal type of interior blocking prospect with his versatility tied to balanced strength and agility and fills a considerable need with Ted Karras and Shaq Mason no longer on the roster.
Couldn't help but say "say what ! ?" when the author gave the Pats a B- on their first round pick when he says the Pats could have waited until the third round to get their first round pick.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Plenty of moving around hunting for draft picks for the players they wanted so big kudos for that.
I agree. It felt like they knew who they wanted & went & got them. My only criticism is that none of the trades resulted in a future pick.

Maybe I should have known better. Maybe I read the situation wrong. Nick seems to be adding all the young talent most were looking for last season around the core he built last season.

Green is going to be good and so is Pitre, Pierce and I think Harris can be at least as effective as Cunningham.
Now it's up to the coaches!
Pitre is my favorite pick. He's really the only one that makes sense to me.

I liked days 2 & 3 alot better than day 1. I am grading on a curve. I'm giving them a B

Last edited:

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
The Texans deserve all the flack they get over the Stingley pick. That was a horrible pick considering who else was available.

Number19

Hall of Fame
A good draft but I just can't get excited about it at this time. Stingley and Green will start. Pitre likely will. Metchie, Harris and Pierce will contribute from day one. Overall, I give it a B(-).

#1/3 .... Derek Stingley ....... CB ........... A(-) ... Everthing that needs to be said has been said.

#1/15 ... Kenyon Green ......... OG ........ A ...... Blue chip pro bowl talent

#2/37 ... Jalen Pitre .......... Safety ....... B(+) ... A bit undersized and lack of length may be a liability, but a solid red chip player.

#2/44 ... John Metchie ......... slot WR ... B(-) ... An above average slot receiver. Precise routes and crisp breaks without losing speed. ACL warrants a small downgrade.

#3/75 ... Christian Harris ..... LB ........... A ...... Great selection in third round. Carried a high second round grade. Solid red chip talent and brings speed to the position.

#4/107 .. Dameon Pierce ........ RB ........ C(+) ... Solid fireplug runner, good hands and effective on screens

#5/150 ... Thomas Booker ....... DT ........ C ...... Taken where he was ranked. May challenge Blacklock and Lopez for playing time.

#5/170 ... Teagan Quitoriano ... TE ........ D .... May not make team. Was ranked 7th/PFA.

#6/205 ... Austin Deculus ...... OT .......... D .... May not make team. Was ranked 7th/PFA.

Last edited:

Texian

Hall of Fame
29. New England Patriots (from Chiefs via 49ers, Dolphins): Cole Strange, G, Chattanooga

The Patriots loved Strange enough to jump on him in the first round but they could have likely gotten him in the third round. He is their ideal type of interior blocking prospect with his versatility tied to balanced strength and agility and fills a considerable need with Ted Karras and Shaq Mason no longer on the roster.
Couldn't help but say "say what ! ?" when the author gave the Pats a B- on their first round pick when he says the Pats could have waited until the third round to get their first round pick.
You know I did a Combine comparison between Cole Strange and Ikey Ekwonu and both was comparable to each other. Strange maybe stronger with better lateral quickness.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur

If it was the Texans, everybody would have laffed and graded it an F.
I thought the Packers reached for Quay Walker too - he was ranked in the 3rd round but no-one said a peep.
Texans reach from the second round, and they all over it.

rmartin65

Phil Kessel: Nice Guy. Tries Hard.
If it was the Texans, everybody would have laffed and graded it an F.
I thought the Packers reached for Quay Walker too - he was ranked in the 3rd round but no-one said a peep.
Texans reach from the second round, and they all over it.
Respect has to be earned. Green Bay and New England have the franchise success for pundits to give them the benefit of the doubt. The Texans do not.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I agree. It felt like they knew who they wanted & went & got them. My only criticism is that none of the trades resulted in a future pick.

Maybe I should have known better. Maybe I read the situation wrong. Nick seems to be adding all the young talent most were looking for last season around the core he built last season.

Pitre is my favorite pick. He's really the only one that makes sense to me.

I liked days 2 & 3 alot better than day 1. I am grading on a curve. I'm giving them a B
I loved the Green pick. If he is the guy, our Oline is suddenly gonna be something to reckon with.
Now I just cross my fingers FO did ALL the homework on Stingley and Metchie - I can't imagine they didn't.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Respect has to be earned. Green Bay and New England have the franchise success for pundits to give them the benefit of the doubt. The Texans do not.
They have drafted some nice franchise type guys in the past including Watt, AJ, Nuk, Cushing and a certain UDFA named Arian Foster plus we have a new regime who drafted a 3rd round QB last season who has shown plenty of intrigue.
It doesn't matter who you are, if you bypass first round talent reaching for 3rd rounders, then it is what it is.

Trail.Blazr

Hooked up to a Kool-Aid IV
Draft another CB. The one you got ain't gonna last. :lol:
Funny

An OL that has started 5 out of the 6 years he played at Chattanooga in the might Southern conference.. lol. Remind me who’s in that conference???

My guess is he’s about as couached up as anyone coming out of college you’ll see. His ceiling is all but realized. MEH pick

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Over all, the Texans had a draft they can build on. They should be a better team for this draft. That they squandered the 3rd pick in the draft on a guy that can't stay on the field in college, isn't going to sink the team. They got two more years of drafting twice in the 1st round and still have an excellent opportunity to build a good team. Casino's job ain't over with yet, and I really want to see what Lovie does being in charge.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Th
I'm a bit more encouraged since posting in the Stingley thread. Seems we may have 75-80% chance we'll get shut down play for at least two years.
That's why I feel Nick agreed. 2-3 seasons shutdown and remaining contract at avg CB play if he deteriorates would be good and by then team would be better. 2023 draft and Free Agency to build players around Stingley to ease pressure.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I think caserio has read the room perfectly. Took stingley and a cb comes off the board the next pick. Took green and Zion goes off the board the next two picks. It sucks we didn’t get hall but he’s got so many carries in college that I am ok with him wasting away on the jets. Loved the pitre pick and metchie pick with the run on wrs. Really like the Christian pick too; getting a guy like that in the 3rd who has a early second round grade on him is great value.
Very good point no matter who or position we wanted, other teams right there with Car stereo. I think he nailed positions if not players. If he had selected Sauce and Zion Johnson grades would be different even for those wanting LT/RT or Dline.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Funny

An OL that has started 5 out of the 6 years he played at Chattanooga in the might Southern conference.. lol. Remind me who’s in that conference???

My guess is he’s about as couached up as anyone coming out of college you’ll see. His ceiling is all but realized. MEH pick
Check it out - it gets better !:

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Well that’s what the experts looks at measurables. Thus the reason why Travon Walker went number 1.
Yes the Texans has some type of fetish with players coming off injuries. I thought that would’ve changed with this new regime.
I give them a B- because they addressed what we needed. And I’m thinking at least 4 of them will be day 1 starters contributing in a major way. Another two will more and likely contribute some time during the season.
Maybe the idea is…..those injured players would sign more team friendly deals with the Texans.

As an overall thought on this draft, Caserio did his job once again and I think the entire group in on the roster. I’ll give Caserio an “B+”. Let’s get these men on the field and put them through their paces.