Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gameday Thread: Colts vs Texans 11-29-09

Ah, so nooooooooowwwww you get Jacoby involved? Brilliant!

Yeah, another knock on Kubiak......one of the most surprising players this season and he barely sees the field. Quick somebody look it up.......umm what's Jacoby's catch to TD ratio. I'm sure it's some absolutely rediculous number.

Yeah, another knock on Kubiak......one of the most surprising players this season and he barely sees the field. Quick somebody look it up.......umm what's Jacoby's catch to TD ratio. I'm sure it's some absolutely rediculous number.

I'm generally a Kubiak defender, but the loss of OD is huge. Seems to me that you need to offset his absence by getting your playmakers in there and getting them the ball. Slaton and Jacoby are weapons so I don't get the rationale for not using them more.

Well, Gary tried his bestest to get the kids ready for the game but we just couldn't execute. Hopefully the orange slices and Capri Suns Jacoby's mommy brought will replenish the boys so they can be ready for the team party at CiCi's!

Why shouldn't McNair look upset? Everyone on this board seems pretty ticked off at the way the Texans play and coach (oh this is a group effort, coaches and players), and we didn't pay millions of dollars to suck.

You can all BLAME ME for the LOSS....I apologize, I didn't start watching th e game until the 2hd half and somehow everything fell apart. :mcnugget:

Wow. McNair looks downright evil!

Damn! It takes a lot to make a nice guy like McNair to glare like that.

Holy s--t Gary. You are toast.

Can you blame him! I would be too if I spent so much money on a "sucking" franchise! I really do hope change will come! This team is just really pathetic or "cursed", or both!

You can all BLAME ME for the LOSS....I apologize, I didn't start watching th e game until the 2hd half and somehow everything fell apart. :mcnugget:

Same here, so I'm not sure which of us is that bad seed. I started when we were up 14-0 and reviewing AJs play.

This game sealed Kubiak's firing.

I think so too.

When is the last time Kubiak has won a 'Big' Game? We win games to put us into playoff position....then lose the ones to make us a playoff team. Can't finish.

Just like we go up and get a good lead...then can't finish off teams to win these big games.

Same here, so I'm not sure which of us is that bad seed. I started when we were up 14-0 and reviewing AJs play.

Me too, I was at Kart Kountry w/ my son and hurried home to watch the game afterward only for the Texans to lose....AH WE SUCK AGAIN...:wild:

What the Texans lack is a winning culture. It's the same way in any company or business you work in. You have to have the right people at the top, you set the culture for the entire operation. I like Gary Kubiak, but he plays scared. Then the players start playing scared. Then we lose. Change the culture, you change your fortunes.

I think so too.

When is the last time Kubiak has won a 'Big' Game? We win games to put us into playoff position....then lose the ones to make us a playoff team. Can't finish.

Just like we go up and get a good lead...then can't finish off teams to win these big games.

Sounds kinda like the Rockets were last season...:bubbles:

What the Texans lack is a winning culture. It's the same way in any company or business you work in. You have to have the right people at the top, you set the culture for the entire operation. I like Gary Kubiak, but he plays scared. Then the players start playing scared. Then we lose. Change the culture, you change your fortunes.

Exactly. .500 is not good enough. Yes, we've come a long way, but we have to keep moving forward. We cannot accept middle of the road.

I think that McNair needs to send the Father packing. Maybe then all his kids will get a real HC. You get what you pay for. Open the wallet and give this town a winner Bob!

What sucks is that we finally have the players here. We have MAD talent. It is a coaching issue for sure and I think the look on McNair's face shows that he knows it. Remember, before the season he said "Anything less than playoffs would be a disappointment". Keep Rick Smith at GM - get a new coaching system. Pay Cowher.

I wish Kubes the best of luck no matter what happens after this year. He may or may not be right for this team, but I cant wish negative things on a hometown guy.

What sucks is that we finally have the players here. We have MAD talent. It is a coaching issue for sure and I think the look on McNair's face shows that he knows it. Remember, before the season he said "Anything less than playoffs would be a disappointment". Keep Rick Smith at GM - get a new coaching system. Pay Cowher.

Yeah, the nasty look on McNair's face made me do a double take. I had to reach for my remote and rewind it. He looked EVIL.

The problem with this team is on both sides of the ball. On offense, our line can't block with doing anything illegial and on defense we can't seem to cover anyone.

Our ability to cover receivers is what's killing us, so I say lets fire whoever the DB coach is!

bill-cowher-lips.jpg

It's time to bring in the chin...

Yes! Mcnair, make it so!

I think what people miss is the fact that the Colts didn't reach 11-0 by accident - They are better than the Texans at this time

Note: I'm not defending Kubiak

My original prediction's still in reach for this season: 9-7

I think what people miss is the fact that the Colts didn't reach 11-0 by accident - They are better than the Texans at this time

Note: I'm not defending Kubiak

My original prediction's still in reach for this season: 9-7

The Colts did not beat the Texans today. The Texans beat themselves. That is a coaching problem.

the referee made some major bad calls, like the touchdown which was not counted for houston in the 2nd quarter and the pass-interference penalty in the 3rd quarter with 43 yards gain for IND. But i will not argue about the 2nd half... texans couldn't achieve anything

the referee made some major bad calls, like the touchdown which was not counted for houston in the 2nd quarter and the pass-interference penalty in the 3rd quarter with 43 yards gain for IND. But i will not argue about the 2nd half... texans couldn't achieve anything

I'm just glad I had my sunglasses on when I read this one :)

Yes they did, which was LOSING.......again! The total ownage continue by Indy!

I actually just created this account to post to you guys that even I, as a die hard Colts fan, admit that PI call was crap. I love it when the Colts win, but I hate to see it happen on the shoulders of a backbreaker call like that one. Not sure if that was the game changer per se, but I think it made the game changer possible. Just thought all of you should know that you weren't alone in your righteous indignation over that one.

I actually just created this account to post to you guys that even I, as a die hard Colts fan, admit that PI call was crap. I love it when the Colts win, but I hate to see it happen on the shoulders of a backbreaker call like that one. Not sure if that was the game changer per se, but I think it made the game changer possible. Just thought all of you should know that you weren't alone in your righteous indignation over that one.

Appreciate the sympathy :)

The call was horrible, but honestly we lost this game, Manning didnt win it nor did the refs screw us from winning. We did that all by ourselves :)

First stand up Colts fan that has been here. Make no mistake the Texans beat themselves in this game. However, seeing crap calls like that kind of cheapens the win doesn't it?

I'm not laughing because other fans aren't laughing with us, they're laughing at us.

I'm tired of being laughed at.

I don't think Colt fans are laughing at your team. For the first ten years in Indy, we went through exactly what you're enduring now except that for us it was worse. We had two 1-15 seasons and a couple 3-13's I believe. We were picking at the absolute top of the draft and had the worst owner in the league in Bob Irsay (thank God he's dead).

It took us a long time to build a winner, but we got the best football man (Bill Polian) to call the shots, he's made the right picks (Manning, Edgerrin James, Freeney, etc.) and the rest is history. Those two rookie corners you faced (one of them undrafted) are playing just about as well as any corners in the league right now.

Sorry for another tough loss. I feel your pain. I really do. Hang in there. It took us over a decade of futility to get a playoff win. You've still got time and at least you're not the Raiders, Chiefs, or Rams.

By the way, that PI was bogus. Yes, I could see interference. No. It was not catchable and I thought it was clearly uncatchable.

The Houston play in the endzone was unquestionably not a touchdown. It's a simple rule. If the ball is caught in the endzone, the receiver has to maintain of control of it throughout contact with the ground. He did not. I was incredulous that it was challenged. I thought everyone other than Dan Dierdorf understood the rule.

By the way, that PI was bogus. Yes, I could see interference. No. It was not catchable and I thought it was clearly uncatchable.

The Houston play in the endzone was unquestionably not a touchdown. It's a simple rule. If the ball is caught in the endzone, the receiver has to maintain of control of it throughout contact with the ground. He did not. I was incredulous that it was challenged. I thought everyone other than Dan Dierdorf understood the rule.
yep and yep on both accounts, especially the Dan Dierdorf reference. :heart: The pass interference call was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. That official should be kicked out of the league.

Back