Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gameday Thread: Colts vs Texans 11-29-09

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I don't know who starts these threads but if it matters you guys are .500, screw you....lol.

You are looking live at Reliant Stadium in Houston. Sorry, you say "Houston" and the state needs not to be mentioned.

Reliant.jpg

I'm not expecting much. These heartbreaking losses are starting to really get to me. I hope for the best though and I'll be able to watch this game on TV tonight. GO TEXANS!!

It'd be nice to start a nice winning streak today, but I'm finding myself already thinking about what happens during the off season.

I'm still gonna cheer for my team though. :)

:texflag:

Almost didn't come down from austin for this one. That titan game broke my heart. Got some liquid courage to get in the mood. Go texans

I'm headed out to the game. Hopefully the mood will be elevated when I walk out this time. This game is the most important game ever.

I'm headed out to the game. Hopefully the mood will be elevated when I walk out this time. This game is the most important game ever.

Again...:heh:

I'm just going to watch the game with no expectations. If we win, kick ass.... if not, well.... meh.

One of the keys to this game is keep Dallas Clark in check...and put that pressure on Manning...make that baluga head scramble.

One of the keys to this game is keep Dallas Clark in check...and put that pressure on Manning...make that baluga head scramble.

Another key is that Kubiak feature the only "feature" back he has. If the offense falls flat with Chris Brown getting the majority of the carries again, that's on the coach.

Chris Brown averaged 2.5 ypc through almost three quarters last week; his "big" fourth quarter upped the average to 3+ ypc. If he is inefective for most of the game this week and is still getting the carries, stubborness is trumping in-game adjustments. This should be a moot point; Slaton should get the carries from the start.

Another key is that Kubiak feature the only "feature" back he has. If the offense falls flat with Chris Brown getting the majority of the carries again, that's on the coach.

Chris Brown averaged 2.5 ypc through almost three quarters last week; his "big" fourth quarter upped the average to 3+ ypc. If he is inefective for most of the game this week and is still getting the carries, stubborness is trumping in-game adjustments. This should be a moot point; Slaton should get the carries from the start.

Agreed. It is time for Slaton to get the carries again.

So lets go Texans!!! My heart has ended after a Monday night heartbreaker. I take no responsibility for anything I posted after that.

I know they are going to fight hard today and pull out a big one against the Colts.

:texflag:

Yes....short week means we can make up for Monday quickly!

Plus its televised here as well.

Come on Texans....season saving time!

:fans:

Inactives - Texans:
7 QB Dan Orlovsky (3QB)
17 WR Glenn Martinez
27 RB Arian Foster
38 CB Mark Parson
42 S Brian Russell
66 DT DelJuan Robinson
70 G Tutan Reyes
97 DT Frank Okam

Starting lineup change - Texans:
John Busing will start at free safety for Eugene Wilson, who was placed on injured reserve this week.

Inactives - Colts:
4 K Adam Vinatieri
11 WR Anthony Gonzalez
12 Jim Sorgi (3QB)
26 CB Kelvin Hayden
43 DB Aaron Francisco
47 TE Gijon Robinson
93 DE Dwight Freeney
96 DE Keyunta Dawson

Starting lineup changes - Colts:
Raheem Brock will start at defensive end for Freeney. Jacoby Lacey will start at left cornerback for Hayden.

http://www.houstontexans.com/blog/

Hopefully now that Freeney isn't breathing down Schaub's neck we can exploit the mismatch of an undrafted rookie on one of our WRs.

Go Texans!!!

Hopefully now that Freeney isn't breathing down Schaub's neck we can exploit the mismatch of an undrafted rookie on one of our WRs.

Go Texans!!!

If there was ever a day to beat the Colts, it's today. If we can't beat them without Freeney, then we just aren't ready for prime time yet. Of course Manning is still playing so that's a problem as it always is.

:logo:

This is the first home game I've ever missed. I just couldn't muster the energy for that long drive this morning. I almost feel like a traitor, but if they win, I'll get over it real fast.
Go Texans!:fans:

I've thought this all season long, but I'll say it again--Steve Slaton is the best running back on this team and a threat to take it to the painted rectangle every time he touches the football. Play him, Kubiak!

The offense is not the same without OD, so you have to offset his absence with speedsters and not plodders. Slaton and Jacoby Jones can make a difference today.

Anyone know why Okam is inactive, and has been invisible for most of the season?

Okam just ain't cuttin' it. He has all the physical tools, but the Blacksmith's
shop is closed. I expect him to get cut next year. Damn shame, too. He has
high 1st round talent, and an UDFA mentality, hence, he was drafted in the
5th round.

Not expecting to much from today, just glad to be able to watch the game again. Would be nice to pick a win up and get a streak going but dont feel it will happen:texflag:

Okam just ain't cuttin' it. He has all the physical tools, but the Blacksmith's
shop is closed. I expect him to get cut next year. Damn shame, too. He has
high 1st round talent, and an UDFA mentality, hence, he was drafted in the
5th round.

Yup. Some people are born to be football players and some are not. Nothing wrong with that. Fortunately, he is a smart guy and will probably go to Law School and be a productive member of society after his football career is over.

Yup. Some people are born to be football players and some are not. Nothing wrong with that. Fortunately, he is a smart guy and will probably go to Law School and be a productive member of society after his football career is over.

That is, if you can call a lawyer productive.

That is, if you can call a lawyer productive.

Depends on the type of lawyer. I don't know what type he is looking into but as long as he isn't an ambulance chaser or one of those attorneys that are sue happy with medical and mental health professionals, he should be ok.

But a man earning a paycheck is more productive than a man looking for a handout.

Depends on the type of lawyer. I don't know what type he is looking into but as long as he isn't an ambulance chaser or one of those attorneys that are sue happy with medical and mental health professionals, he should be ok.

But a man earning a paycheck is more productive than a man looking for a handout.

I was really just giving lawyers a hard time. I agree an earner is better than a burden for society.

Back