Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gameday Thread: Colts vs Texans 11-29-09

By the way, that PI was bogus. Yes, I could see interference. No. It was not catchable and I thought it was clearly uncatchable.

The Houston play in the endzone was unquestionably not a touchdown. It's a simple rule. If the ball is caught in the endzone, the receiver has to maintain of control of it throughout contact with the ground. He did not. I was incredulous that it was challenged. I thought everyone other than Dan Dierdorf understood the rule.

Most of us do know the TD throw to AJ was an incompletion. I kinda think the rule oughta be changed, but the rules are the rules. Having said that, I would've challenged it too. I think all pro sports refs, umps, etc. are biased and encouraged to be so....and it was AJ, so it was worth a shot.

Crap, they're showing everyone else's post game conference except ours....guess they know too what he was going to say....

Wow. AJ pulled up on a route!

Meltdown completly im off,

Schaub you *****! Well, the first half was fun anyway.

uh oh....

Here it goes again... :rake:

mario shows up to the game!

I'm watching this game again, trying to get in the mood. I just got finished watching INT, where Schaub & Andre were out of Sync.

The defense came out and made a stand. Manning connected with Garcon with his first pass for a first down. But after that, Mario gets a sack, he thanks Amobi, because Amobi is in Manning's face, preventing him from stepping up. 2nd & 18, Mario is throwing Manning down as he throws the ball. 3rd & 15 Barwin is in Manning's face on a stunt, Amobi is drapped around Manning's waist as he throws.

They punt, Jacoby receives it at the 5, 5 yard return.

Texans self destruct from here. 1st play is a bootleg that their line backer sniffs out. Chris brown picks up 4 yards on a run. 3rd & 6 turns into 3rd & 11, with a Chris White false start. Slaton picks up 7 yards on a screen. We punt on 4th down.

They get a fair catch on their 35 (great punt by the Turk).

Mario misses Addai (strong inside rush), running out of the shotgun. The D stops him for 2 yards. Next play, Mario is throwing himself at Manning, as he completes a screen. Cushing hits D.Clark 3 yards short of the first down (looks like he rung Clark’s bell). They don’t convert on third down (my wife & daughter took over the TV, so I can’t look) they are short by inches, and have to go for it on 4th down (they are still on their side of the field). It’s a run, stretch to the right, Cushing is in the backfield, trips up Addai, Adai skips across for the first down.

Colts continue their drive (into the 4th Qtr), which ends with a missed 32 yard field goal (Matt Stover, wide right).

Two possessions after the Matt Schaub INT, the Colts put up 0 points.

20-14 Texans

We get the ball back, 12 yard run by Chris Brown, 1 yard run by Chris Brown, 3 yard dump off to Slaton, incomplete pass intended for David Anderson.

We take 1 minute and 51 seconds off the game clock & punt the ball back to Indy (they start at their 11 yard line, march the field (with the help of a 17 yard PI by Dunta Robinson), 6 yard TD by Dallas Clark (go figure).

Why didn’t we win?

I think it’s that mindset Dungy was talking about.

We get the ball back, 12 yard run by Chris Brown, 1 yard run by Chris Brown, 3 yard dump off to Slaton, incomplete pass intended for David Anderson.

We take 1 minute and 51 seconds off the game clock & punt the ball back to Indy (they start at their 11 yard line, march the field (with the help of a 17 yard PI by Dunta Robinson), 6 yard TD by Dallas Clark (go figure).

Why didn’t we win?

I think it’s that mindset Dungy was talking about.

Great research and report TK. I think we're past that. Proof's in the puddin' Sunday.

Rep

Back