Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gameday Thread!!!! Cards vs. Texans - Preseason Game 1

Can someone comment on the OL and DL play...how is the short yardage/goaline push? Also how is the penetration by the interior DL?

has there been an Earl Mitchell sighting yet?

I was thinking the same thing.
object-emoticon-0019.gif

Decent first half. We're winning, so thats cool.

Solid half. Being Scottish, I'm not usually disposed to optimism, but I suddenly feel quite good this year.

Except for Slaton's fumble, I am pleased with the first half on both sides of the ball.

Two things pissed me off. Obviously one of them is Slaton's fumble, the other was Studdard screwing up Tate's very first run.

DanO, so far, seems quite acceptable as a 2nd string QB. He'll get some more time in the 3rd, so we'll see what's what.

Slaton's just not a good short yardage runner. He tried to do too much, and lost the ball. As Texansfight said, Tate should have been in there.

And had this not been preseason, I think either he or Tate would have. Slaton is NOT the goalline back.

has there been an Earl Mitchell sighting yet?

He was in on that last series along with Sheppard...Sheppard looked explosive off the ball...Mitchell not as much...

I think he was in for like three plays...

He'll play a lot more in the 2nd half

He was in on that last series along with Sheppard...Sheppard looked explosive off the ball...Mitchell not as much...

I think he was in for like three plays...

He'll play a lot more in the 2nd half

I had to check the roster for his number. LOL
I'm not counting that 3-man rush appearance. I want to see him in a more "normal" defensive alignment.

He is if Kubiak thinks he is.

My money says Kubiak no longer thinks that. Slaton was in that entire drive to give him a chance to move up the depth chart. I don't think he's in there in a regular game. Why use a 2nd round pick on a big back if you've already got your goal line guy?

1st half impressions of the starting units . . . .

Offense looked great. Foster really looks like the #1. Still unsure of Studdard at LG, but everything else was solid.

Defense was flat out awesome. Flying around, hitting guys, and making plays. Pass rush looked very good, Leinhart had liteterally zero time every time he dropped back.

Miscellanous . . .

I like the versatility of the offense with guys like Jacoby Jones and James Casey and I like the mismatches that can be presented by Dickerson. If we can stay balanced and keep the running game consistent this offense is unstoppable.

Defensively, never seen this much speed on a Texans defense. Especially at LB. Diles and Sharpton are everywhere. DB's look great too. ARZ has nobody open.

I had to check the roster for his number. LOL
I'm not counting that 3-man rush appearance. I want to see him in a more "normal" defensive alignment.

They were in on a normal defensive alignment...

Both of them were in together

Can someone comment on the OL and DL play...how is the short yardage/goaline push? Also how is the penetration by the interior DL?

First team O-line and D-line looked good....D-line looked dominant.

2nd teams haven't looked terrible, but they haven't looked great either...

2nd team dline looks better than the oline though

hands from those who bought my B/S "the defense would have two or more turnovers"...
Anybody?
:D

Back