Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gameday Thread!!!! Cards vs. Texans - Preseason Game 1

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
Time to get our first official gameday thread of 2010!!!!

Damn, I got goosebumps just typing that!

And now for the bad news, I have to go to a stupid birthday party tonight :pissed:. I plan to hijack their TV, keep one eye on the game and act like I am not mad that I don't get to stay home and pay attention to every detail I can absorb through the TV screen.

And since I am recording the game, I'll watch some when I get home and the rest tomorrow. I am foaming at the mouth for Texans football!

Here's to seeing some key position battles in action and a healthy ball game for both clubs.

:texflag:

Finally! I've been waiting too $*&$#! long for football season to start again. And now it's here, and we'll have Texans football every weekend for a long time now.

Life is good again for a while. :)

:logo:

FINALLY!!!!!!! Im so ready and been waiting so long to sit down with a cold beer and watch me some Texans!

Ima fire up the grill at 4pm:roast:

As the preseason doesn't count for much, I would like to see all of our rookies get enough playing time so we can see what they are capable of doing. This would be the best time to throw them into the fire as it will help them get used to the pace of the game and give them an idea on how to improve.

Finally. I can't wait. I too have an obligation to attend to. However, I am taping the pregame, the game and whatever show after (news) and I have set the priority and have plenty of recording space--I will however start watching the game from the beginning at 8:15pm.:splits:

Just checked Channelsurfing.net and there is a link to the game on there for those of us who live outside TV coverage.

Looking forward to the game, looking forward to getting to see our new DTs going at it.

And now for the bad news, I have to go to a stupid birthday party tonight :pissed:. I plan to hijack their TV, keep one eye on the game and act like I am not mad that I don't get to stay home and pay attention to every detail I can absorb through the TV screen.

And since I am recording the game, I'll watch some when I get home and the rest tomorrow. I am foaming at the mouth for Texans football!

I am in the same boat as I have my best friend's 40th birthday party at the Broken Spoke tonight. :foottap:

I guess the fans have to ease into the scheduling. ;)

Anyway, I'm just pokin' fun. I'm going to be planted in front of the TV in eager anticipation, but that's because I'm a degenerate addict, and even preseason football is a welcome thing at this point.

I am in the same boat as I have my best friend's 40th birthday party at the Broken Spoke tonight. :foottap:

Awesome place, have a good one! :=)

I'm heading out for some drinkie too, but since the game will be on at 3-4am here I might be able to catch it tonight... drunk as a mofo :)

I guess the fans have to ease into the scheduling. ;)

Anyway, I'm just pokin' fun. I'm going to be planted in front of the TV in eager anticipation, but that's because I'm a degenerate addict, and even preseason football is a welcome thing at this point.

I'm with you. I had to have the sit down talk with the girlfriend yesterday and explain to her that starting now I'll be completely useless on weekends until late February. It wasn't well received but the truth is I'm more committed to my relationship with the Texans than to my relationship with her lol :fans:

Going to see Rodney Carrington tonight, so I'll miss it, well not like I could watch it out here in New Mexico anyway. Go Texans!:fans:

Dude, that's awesome! Let me know how he is. I've wanted to see him for a long ass time. I've seen a few of his acts on Comedy Central. I had his first CD and I loved the TV show Rodney as well.
:fingergun:
As far as Gameday......HELLZZZZ YEAH!

I feel like it's a regular gameday. I already went to HEB and got the football food. I got snacks and figured I'd have a fish fry later. I've been waiting for an agonizing 6 months, so today couldn't get here fast enough.

I'm with you. I had to have the sit down talk with the girlfriend yesterday and explain to her that starting now I'll be completely useless on weekends until late February. It wasn't well received but the truth is I'm more committed to my relationship with the Texans than to my relationship with her lol :fans:

You get extra Mancard privileges this week. :cool:

:lol: same way I know better than to bug my girlfriend when the Phillies are on.

It's stuff like this that makes me really, really thankful that my wife <3 the Texans and wants to watch the games with me.

It's stuff like this that makes me really, really thankful that my wife <3 the Texans and wants to watch the games with me.

I am in the same boat. Just to bad my wife's sister HAS to have a bday party today. She doesn't like football and her husband is a cowgirl fan but that TV is going on the game.

My aunt is having a b-day party today...I'm not going...

Well..I might stop in, but I'm not staying too long...I will catch this game

Go Texans! :logo:

cardinals_suck.jpg

I'm in the same boat as you, so I don't have to deal with the nagging wife like some others. Even if she doesn't feel like watching the game, she knows how important these next few 6 months are to me. I could care less about any other sport, but football season has a high priority at my house and she totally gets that.

My wife works most Sundays, so its all good but if not, she KNOWS how much I dig football and the Texans. She's not a big fan of football though, in fact she pretty much hates it because if the Texans lose I'm in a pissy mood for like three days.

My wife works most Sundays, so its all good but if not, she KNOWS how much I dig football and the Texans. She's not a big fan of football though, in fact she pretty much hates it because if the Texans lose I'm in a pissy mood for like three days.

Yeah, all of my ex's since '02 know that feeling. :whistles:

I also have something going on tonight. I'm recording the game and will watch it either from the DVR or when it reruns at midnight on NFL network.

I've been paying a stronger interest in CFL football this summer (although I'm nowhere near into that as I am the Texans!), and have generously switched the channel over many times to let the other half watch her reruns of the Golden Girls, or whatever other rubbish is on, knowing full well, that come Sunday football games, I'll have banked a whole load of 'sorry honey, but this is staying on' points.

:fans:

So, I am in big trouble...

I cancelled the dinner reservations that my wife made 1 month ago.

Shouldn't I be mad at her???

How insensitive to schedule something during a Texans preseason game...

I mean... What about my needs???

Back