Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gameday Thread - 8/14 - Texans VS 49'ers Preaseason Game 1

I guess we should all take solace in the fact that even when we suck absolute ass.. we're still in the game.. however, not impressed by Oz at all

Last edited:
Seriously?
3rd & 7 and we throw behind the LoS??
Why draft all this speed if you weren't going to use it?

The offense being crap is no surprise whatsoever. Brand new QB, a bunch of rookie WR's, and half the starting OL out...yeah it's going to take time to gel.

The defense was the bigger problem. The tackling was just atrocious.

The offense being crap is no surprise whatsoever. Brand new QB, a bunch of rookie WR's, and half the starting OL out...yeah it's going to take time to gel.

I agree, not to mention both starting tackles were out.

The defense missing tackles brings back bad memories from last year. They better figure it out in the next month.

Apparently we don't want to show any of our offense yet. I didn't care for that 3rd down throw behind the line either though. Spencer said we will be seeing more of that from the Texans, I guess it is like a fahrt through a keyhole.

We simply need to remember that we are not seeing the true Texans offensive or defensive lines. There are a total of 6 players missing between the 2. Things will change when we have a healthy group of linemen on both sides of the ball.

Guys, what do you expect from Spencer Tillman?

I've always known that the following says it all:

8 years in the NFL, 40 carries, 6 fumbles, 1 TD.

We basically drafted all offense and we're only going to have 10 points headed into the fourth quarter.. 7 of which came off of defense .. disappointed honestly. But like a good Houston sports fan, I'll grin and bear it... thank you Sir may I have another

In their defense, we didn't really have a starting unit out there either.

No Jj, no Cush... is Covington our new Crick, or is it Still? & I saw Charles James way before I thought I would.

& our safeties... don't know if we have a starter in the bunch.

Good catch by Strong

No Jj, no Cush... is Covington our new Crick, or is it Still? & I saw Charles James way before I thought I would.

Don't forget Clowney. He's not out there eithe Thunder.

Yeah Safety is a problem. With the way offenses have evolved in today's game good Safeties are extremely valuable. Hal is probably our best Safety right now and I think he's a backup on most other teams.

Back