Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gameday Thread: 49ers at Texans 10-25

Conservative play calling on offense, and reckless playcalling on defense, not quite sure that the combo is going to be successful.

The thing is that many will give Alex Smith the credit, and maybe some is deserved, but the fact of the matter, for those in the know, is that the Texans always do this with a significant second half lead. This coaching staff does NOT know how to apply deadly force before the opponent can climb back into the game.

Texans can't afford to do this to their fans again. If they lose, it's
gonna hurt more than the "Rosencopter" game.

I'm not digging on our defensive philosophy this half, either.

There's a lot of empty real estate in the middle of the field. Can't believe the 9ers haven't recognized it and started throwing slants in there to Crabtree or Davis.

Anyways, this half has sucked BIG TIME.

I don't want 21 more points on the board. But sustained offensive drives are needed.

Otherwise, we're just good only when we play a team that sucks and can't do better than us.

We're still pretenders, IMO. Big time.

Why am I here, when I could be on the Texans sideline helping our defense know what's coming?

Sometimes I wonder if what I am watching on TV is really happening in real life. I've never been to a Texans game in Reliant. Is there really a game going on there today, or is someone creating this at some studio in Hollywood...with my house being bugged and I'm part of some big, cruel joke.

The thing is that many will give Alex Smith the credit, and maybe some is deserved, but the fact of the matter, for those in the know, is that the Texans always do this with a significant second half lead. This coaching staff does NOT know how to apply deadly force before the opponent can climb back into the game.

Agreed. Anytime we have a lead going into halftime, this coaching staff always tries to get conservative. Instead of going for the jugular, they just try and play it safe. Ridiculous.

At least Vernon Davis is on my fantasy team...

not sure about people thinking we are "grinding it out" this half

Houston - 10:56
1st-10, HOU18 10:56 M. Schaub passed to K. Walter to the right for 6 yard gain
2nd-4, HOU24 10:18 S. Slaton rushed to the left for 12 yard gain
1st-10, HOU36 9:36 M. Schaub passed to S. Slaton down the middle for 1 yard loss
2nd-11, HOU35 8:50 M. Schaub incomplete pass to the left
3rd-11, HOU35 8:43 M. Schaub passed to D. Anderson to the right for 8 yard gain
4th-3, HOU43 7:54 M. Turk punt, no return

1st-10, SF47 5:28 M. Schaub rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
2nd-8, SF45 4:52 S. Slaton rushed to the right for 7 yard gain
3rd-1, SF38 4:15 M. Schaub rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
1st-10, SF36 3:24 S. Slaton rushed to the left for 2 yard gain. S. Slaton fumbled. D. Goldson recovered fumble

we were mixing it up there .. last drive well we had some good runs

This is on Slaton, TO's kill. Someone has to step up and make a play now

Exactly. A demoralized team is MUCH easier to dominate, than one you
give "new life" to. The Texans were gonna rout the niners if the ball
were not turned over. Now, it's gonna be MUCH harder when you give
this team reason to believe they can beat you.

Wow that was freakin dangerous. Whoever said they were going to start drinking, know that you are not alone.

Back