Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

GAMEDAY: Chargers @ Texans

Again, Elway not winning a superbowl had nothing to do with his greatness prior to Shanny. Winning a superbowl is a team achievement and his teams were nowhere close to being good enough to win prior to Shanny. I mean you would know this if you watched him in the 80s and early 90s. Nobody who watched the pre Shanny coached Broncos were in awe of their talent level. It was like , keep the game close and #7 will win it. If and when he was off, they got their heads smashed in. See the superbowls.

Agreed, the 49ers were a great team and Montana was just as good if not better than Elway at the time. The better teams won.

LMAO...It looks like you can't even comprehend what you are saying, much less anyone else. So now you are saying it was Shanahan's system that allowed them to win the Super Bowl, because the rest of the team was subpar. Gotcha. You win. Elway couldn't win a Super Bowl, because he had subpar players, and needed Shanahan to install his system. I guess Brady is super happy that he's always had the best talent around him.
No I think he's saying that Elway's 80s teams we're subpar talent wise, then when Shanahan arrived and installed his system, and they got talented players that fit that system, Elway won back to back.

For whatever reason my phone saved this thread and admit it was fun to go back through revisiting a great day to be a Texan and not so good of day to be a Charger. Thanks again to SteelbTexan for sharing a truly monumental game day experience :wesmantexanfan:

Now then, here we are. Combine in the books and free agency in a couple days. Both of these teams working feverishly to make roster improvements either by addition or resigning (Charger came to 3 year deal with Mike Williams) or moving said player (DeShawn big court day Friday) targeting free agent market and setting draft boards.

May both teams do well in the offseason!

Last edited:
For whatever reason my phone saved this thread and admit it was fun to go back through revisiting a great day to be a Texan and not so good of day to be a Charger. Thanks again to SteelbTexan for sharing a truly monumental game day experience :wesmantexanfan:

Now then, here we are. Combine in the books and free agency in a couple days. Both of these teams working feverishly to make roster improvements either by addition or resigning (Charger came to 3 year deal with Mike Williams) or moving said player (DeShawn big court day Friday) targeting free agent market and setting draft boards.

May both teams do well in the offseason!

Days like that are what makes me reconsider giving up my tickets. Despite the McNair's being scum suckers.

We had a great time. Thanks for the fun and friendship.

Thank you! You’re a very gracious host, friend and still, most avid Texan fan I know, with or without season tickets. Can’t blame you.

Clearly, Texans have entered a new era (Ryans). I can never forgive Caserio for his first two years as GM, but just as importantly, leaving window open when still in New England, holding McNair hostage, despite damage being done to this franchise. Just seems ultra selfish to me.

But that break, gave me great insight into other teams approach, drafting, coaching and roster build. Like Alice in Wonderland you keep falling, imagining different scenarios/outcomes only to be swiped by injuries. This is my greatest concern now for Texans, starting with Tytus Howard breaking his hand in training camp.

Two series Stroud had, game one preseason, was as awful of set-up as could be imagined. In big picture it means very little for Stroud, but for Texans and Caserio, overpaying for a marginal starter and even bigger for other front line starters could come back to bite him and organization big time. Yes you do need to commit resources via the draft, both early and late. Depth is key, along with versatility and ceiling.

DeMeco is a defensive guru, Slowick showed me he can adjust on the fly but something is still missing.

Thank you! You’re a very gracious host, friend and still, most avid Texan fan I know, with or without season tickets. Can’t blame you.

Clearly, Texans have entered a new era (Ryans). I can never forgive Caserio for his first two years as GM, but just as importantly, leaving window open when still in New England, holding McNair hostage, despite damage being done to this franchise. Just seems ultra selfish to me.

But that break, gave me great insight into other teams approach, drafting, coaching and roster build. Like Alice in Wonderland you keep falling, imagining different scenarios/outcomes only to be swiped by injuries. This is my greatest concern now for Texans, starting with Tytus Howard breaking his hand in training camp.

Two series Stroud had, game one preseason, was as awful of set-up as could be imagined. In big picture it means very little for Stroud, but for Texans and Caserio, overpaying for a marginal starter and even bigger for other front line starters could come back to bite him and organization big time. Yes you do need to commit resources via the draft, both early and late. Depth is key, along with versatility and ceiling.

DeMeco is a defensive guru, Slowick showed me he can adjust on the fly but something is still missing.
Ok, this was a bourbon night so blame it on my idiocy. But wtf are you talking about?

Ownership is what's missing. The Texans being run by an 86 yr old housewife and her gold digging daughter in law, whatever could go wrong?

After a vanilla preseason game. Interesting

Back