Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game plan Baltimore

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Obviously you’re a lj fan which is cool man. I’m just here to restore order and...

You asked what has Watson done? Oh, nothing really I guess, besides carry his bottom 5 defense and lead the worst offensive line to the playoffs with a 11-5 record all while recovering from a acl injury. Oh wow, surprisingly I see he just won the afc offensive player of the month and has broken about 10 records since his rookie season. I think he’s also a pro bowler but than again none of that is notable, right? Hopefully Lamar can become a pro bowler too one day. Lastly, if this counts. He’s undefeated against Lj and Mahomes which again shows he’s a natural winner. I’ll comeback Sunday man. I already know what’s going to happen but you know you guys keep praising Lamar lol
^^^^ Fake News

If you read any of my posts regarding Jackson, I said that I don't even expect him to be upright by the time he gets to the playoffs, nor do I think he'll be a long term starter in this league once he starts getting injured and other teams figure out how to play him from watching him on tape. This is like your 4th consecutive post of absolute bullshit.

That doesn't mean I can't enjoy his exciting plays and hope he proves my theory wrong which I hope he does. I can still be perfectly objective and the player's jersey doesn't matter to me. I don't need to bash other QB"s to uplift mine. That's a sign of insecurity to begin with. If you really felt the confidence of being this SUPER FAN of Watson you claim to be, you wouldn't need to lie and manifest bullshit on other QB's to do it. Either you don't think Watson is as good as these guys, or you are really young and think that people around here are going to be impressed with this relentless fake news campaign you keep pushing on other QB's that have good games from week to week.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Need a bigger sample size of playoff games for both QBs before dubbing anyone clutch.

Even then can you separate a great individual performance from a loss? (Qb #1 threw for 400yds and 4tds but his team lost - must not be clutch.) Or can you make an honest assessment when the quality of competition may be different? (Qb #1 beat the wildcard team. Qb#2 had an equitable performance, but lost to the #1 seed.)

I've seen clutch performances from both guys ,but want more. Water finds its level.
Mahomes drove his team down the field several times in the 4th quarter in the AFC Championship game against the Pats and got them in FG position to tie it up on the last drive. That's extremely clutch. You can say you want more, but he has only played one season so "more" is in the present. In the one and only season he had he was clutch the highest moment he was put in.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Mahomes drove his team down the field several times in the 4th quarter in the AFC Championship game against the Pats and got them in FG position to tie it up on the last drive. That's extremely clutch. You can say you want more, but he has only played one season so "more" is in the present. In the one and only season he had he was clutch the highest moment he was put in.
No arguing that.

DanielTx

Veteran
Keep fighting the good fight Danny! Im afraid that you might be better off debating this topic with the nearest wall however. When the MOB mentality takes over here it shuts down any productive conversation and somehow having to acquiesce to other fanbases is some sort of high road? FK THAT! Its Texans above everyone! Watson>Mahomes/ Watson>>Jackson / Watson>>>>>>>>>>>Trubisky (if you go back into the draft day threads you can see how many of these guys wanted Trubisky over Watson to give yourself a good chuckle)

Watson has had to overcome the incompetence of the GM/Head Coach/Owner/ Offensive Line coach and the entire Special teams unit while here. TALK ABOUT MAKING SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING!
I seen that embarrassing thread and I’m still going back and forth with some of the guys who thought Watson was a scrub.
It seems like they never learn. I remember the post game after he beat Jackson in college. “We gotta give props to Lamar but Deshaun Watson is still here” lol he has to remind them again smh

Last edited:

DanielTx

Veteran
Watson got a lot of media burn after being kicked in the eye and throwing that touchdown. He is in the running for MVP by a lot of media heads.

I’m a big Watson fan to but big timer you have to tell the full story.
Sure, he gets media coverage for one or two days after he plays a good game but that’s it! The media won’t respect the Texans until they win a super bowl. That’s why I could careless about Jackson!

This narrative imo is about an overcompensation from Bill Polians pre draft comment, he was wrong, but everyone is treating Lamar like this special needs kid who just because he’s been solid at QB is now all of a sudden a great QB, and the co favorite for mvp? Watson has put up better numbers against the second toughest teams schedule wise coming into the season. I expect the same from 2016. We’ll stomp these boys 31-24 and Watson’ll show out again, and the narrative will be “I know the Ravens lost but....Lamar was amazing”

& I hope Deshaun Watson is seeing and hearing exactly what I’m seeing and hearing because I hope he’s coming ready to beat the s*** out of the mosquito looking mfer named Lamar action Jackson.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Sure, he gets media coverage for one or two days after he plays a good game but that’s it! The media won’t respect the Texans until they win a super bowl. That’s why I could careless about Jackson!

This narrative imo is about an overcompensation from Bill Polians pre draft comment, he was wrong, but everyone is treating Lamar like this special needs kid who just because he’s been solid at QB is now all of a sudden a great QB, and the co favorite for mvp? Watson has put up better numbers against the second toughest teams schedule wise coming into the season. I expect the same from 2016. We’ll stomp these boys 31-24 and Watson’ll show out again, and the narrative will be “I know the Ravens lost but....Lamar was amazing”

& I hope Deshaun Watson is seeing and hearing exactly what I’m seeing and hearing because I hope he’s coming ready to beat the s*** out of the mosquito looking mfer named Lamar action Jackson.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Media 'loves them some Watson' but you have Texan fans in this very community who still hold him to unrealistic expectations and are chomping at the bit to let everyone know how right they were the next time he fails so they can return to their idolatry of Bill Obrien. He's already been accused of being stupid, coming from a gimmicky college offense, having a weak throwing arm, being injury prone and unable to make pre and post snap reads! Thats before we can actually discuss his true deficiencies like always trying to hit a home run and holding the ball longer than necessary.

Its a 'what have you done for me lately' league and if Watson loses, or if he has a horrible game then he'll become the whipping boy around here (obviously) but he'll also fade from the public spotlight until he can purge himself of the contest. This game has a playoff feel and rightfully so its getting attention for both QBs, but as much as Watson gets his shine, he's not the MVP leading candidate right now. Might change after Sunday.

He's still the future. He's still the franchise, and he's going to get us there sooner rather than later. Too bad some of you guys cant let go and enjoy the ride.

There's nothing wrong with a Texan fan being fanatical about Deshaun Watson. Do your thing @DanielTx!

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Media 'loves them some Watson' but you have Texan fans in this very community who still hold him to unrealistic expectations and are chomping at the bit to let everyone know how right they were the next time he fails so they can return to their idolatry of Bill Obrien. He's already been accused of being stupid, coming from a gimmicky college offense, having a weak throwing arm, being injury prone and unable to make pre and post snap reads! Thats before we can actually discuss his true deficiencies like always trying to hit a home run and holding the ball longer than necessary.

Its a 'what have you done for me lately' league and if Watson loses, or if he has a horrible game then he'll become the whipping boy around here (obviously) but he'll also fade from the public spotlight until he can purge himself of the contest. This game has a playoff feel and rightfully so its getting attention for both QBs, but as much as Watson gets his shine, he's not the MVP leading candidate right now. Might change after Sunday.

He's still the future. He's still the franchise, and he's going to get us there sooner rather than later. Too bad some of you guys cant let go and enjoy the ride.

There's nothing wrong with a Texan fan being fanatical about Deshaun Watson. Do your thing @DanielTx!
This is very ironic seeing as you literally said you lay low until BoB messes up then pop up to remind everybody.

:potkettle:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Keep fighting the good fight Danny! Im afraid that you might be better off debating this topic with the nearest wall however. When the MOB mentality takes over here it shuts down any productive conversation and somehow having to acquiesce to other fanbases is some sort of high road? FK THAT! Its Texans above everyone! Watson>Mahomes/ Watson>>Jackson / Watson>>>>>>>>>>>Trubisky (if you go back into the draft day threads you can see how many of these guys wanted Trubisky over Watson to give yourself a good chuckle)

Watson has had to overcome the incompetence of the GM/Head Coach/Owner/ Offensive Line coach and the entire Special teams unit while here. TALK ABOUT MAKING SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING!
He's not having to overcome bad coaching or a bad OL this yr.

I'm a Watson fan but I'm also a Mahomes fan, he's great too. You dont have to downplay Mahomes to say Watson is great. I do believe Mahomes is the type of QB that would fit what BOB really wants to run better than Watson does and I'm not saying Watson isn't great. You're a Watson fan more than a Texans fan so go watch some watson highlights in the bathroom and relieve yourself.

Now go choke those pom poms.

DanielTx

Veteran
DanielTX I can post a lot more videos of the media loving them some Watson.
The only reason they’re talking about him is because of Lamar Jackson. I guarantee you if deshaun was playing a average qb. He would not have gotten national media coverage this week. I’ll go as far as to say imo it’s money motivated. For example the la teams, even when they were trash. They still got a lot of press because these fan bases from la, California, ny, w.e. If they talked about Houston all the time, other viewers would probably be disinterested and that becomes a problem when they don’t get the ratings they want. It’s politics behind it so in reality when they should be talking about the great things that are happening, they skip over it because again they want to appease certain viewers. Ive realize everyone in Texas doesn’t watch Houston. We have Dallas bandwagoners, ny and a lot of others down here. If I offend people for rooting for my team since the media doesn’t than too bad. I’m tired of us getting disrespected by the national media so for the record **** the ravens. The Texans will win this game, **** Lamar Jackson. **** what there fan base is talking about. Go Texans!!

Lol that’s so true. Half these guys want to go back and forth with me to protect there little egos. I’m glad we still have people on the site that supports our qb. That’s the only reason why I stick around and of course, I love it when Watson proves the doubters wrong. I’m ready for Sunday. Going to be a tough stretch over the next month but we can do it. Bill O’Brien’s good for messing up one game so if we lose to the ravens or pats, I won’t be surprised. All I know is deshaun beat Lj in college so clearly he isn’t the problem.

DanielTx

Veteran
Mahomes would've gone through the same growing pains if he was a Texans. Shoots even experienced veterans struggled in Obriens offense.
Mahomes landed in the best place. The line was atrocious and we all know Mahomes doesn’t play at an elite level when he’s being pressured constantly. I never give mahomes to much praise but I respect his game enough. He’s a gambler like deshaun. He isn’t afraid to let it air.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The only reason they’re talking about him is because of Lamar Jackson. I guarantee you if deshaun was playing a average qb. He would not have gotten national media coverage this week. I’ll go as far as to say imo it’s money motivated. For example the la teams, even when they were trash. They still got a lot of press because these fan bases from la, California, ny, w.e. If they talked about Houston all the time, other viewers would probably be disinterested and that becomes a problem when they don’t get the ratings they want. It’s politics behind it so in reality when they should be talking about the great things that are happening, they skip over it because again they want to appease certain viewers. Ive realize everyone in Texas doesn’t watch Houston. We have Dallas bandwagoners, ny and a lot of others down here. If I offend people for rooting for my team since the media doesn’t than too bad. I’m tired of us getting disrespected by the national media so for the record **** the ravens. The Texans will win this game, **** Lamar Jackson. **** what there fan base is talking about. Go Texans!!

Lol that’s so true. Half these guys want to go back and forth with me to protect there little egos. I’m glad we still have people on the site that supports our qb. That’s the only reason why I stick around and of course, I love it when Watson proves the doubters wrong. I’m ready for Sunday. Going to be a tough stretch over the next month but we can do it. Bill O’Brien’s good for messing up one game so if we lose to the ravens or pats, I won’t be surprised. All I know is deshaun beat Lj in college so clearly he isn’t the problem.
I just hope Watson plays as well as he did last game. If he does that they will go 3-0.

If they lose a game BOB/Watson should share in the blame. Like the Panthers/1st Jags game. In the other 2 losses Saints, Colvin got cut for screwing up and Colts, Refs screwed them. The Raiders game was Watson's worst besides the Panthers game. Eveybody overlooks that game because they won, but that was after the offense was changed and Watson had accuracy issues. Fortunately Watson made an amazing off script play to pull the game out in the end.

TexanNBigD

Practice Squad
In Baltimore's two losses was a weakness exposed?

Based on most of the comments I see:
  • Stay in your lane
  • Keep receptions underneath
  • Make a pile in the middle to prevent run lanes for RB or QB

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
In Baltimore's two losses was a weakness exposed?

Based on most of the comments I see:
  • Stay in your lane
  • Keep receptions underneath
  • Make a pile in the middle to prevent run lanes for RB or QB
Pretty much what I said in my first post in this thread ...

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
on offensive …. run the ball everydown LOL see if that works

on defense … play Zone all day and keep Jackon in the pocket …. and pray that works

DanielTx

Veteran
I just hope Watson plays as well as he did last game. If he does that they will go 3-0.

If they lose a game BOB/Watson should share in the blame. Like the Panthers/1st Jags game. In the other 2 losses Saints, Colvin got cut for screwing up and Colts, Refs screwed them. The Raiders game was Watson's worst besides the Panthers game. Eveybody overlooks that game because they won, but that was after the offense was changed and Watson had accuracy issues. Fortunately Watson made an amazing off script play to pull the game out in the end.
.accuracy issues. He’s #2 in complete % if you leave out Brees and Tannehill. He’s always been accurate and consistent from the pocket. Can dominate in any offense and can make a average o line look elite. The mentality of a player like Dw is similar to the greats who’ve played the game. You either take the risk or lose the chance. Farve, Rodgers, Manning, Elway, Brady, Wilson and Brees. Whats the theme with these guys? Superbowl winners. You see all of those guys in him yet at the same time he’s still Dw. He doesn’t have a ceiling.

He’s kept quiet in all the Lamar hype. I don’t blame him. Silence is loyal because it never betrays. He’s going to let his play do the talking and take the spotlight from Lamar which boosts his confidence and teammates along with popularity to have a chance at finishing the season as the hottest team in the league. They believe in him and he figures why beg for something you can earn. Watson didn’t get jealous about the heisman when they robbed him and gave it to Jackson. Ppl think Jackson wants revenge when in reality deshaun does.

O'Brien had 2 weeks to script plays to the strengths of our offense. He lost to this coach back in 2017. Never let the same flame burn you twice. He should be motivated for this game with what’s on the line. I acknowledge the playcallings been pretty good lately. I’m rooting for him but we’re going to have to go for it on 4th down every now and than. No punts on 4th & 2/1. Baltimore’s likes to waste the clock

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
.accuracy issues. He’s #2 in complete % if you leave out Brees and Tannehill. He’s always been accurate and consistent from the pocket. Can dominate in any offense and can make a average o line look elite. The mentality of a player like Dw is similar to the greats who’ve played the game. You either take the risk or lose the chance. Farve, Rodgers, Manning, Elway, Brady, Wilson and Brees. Whats the theme with these guys? Superbowl winners. You see all of those guys in him yet at the same time he’s still Dw. He doesn’t have a ceiling.

He’s kept quiet in all the Lamar hype. I don’t blame him. Silence is loyal because it never betrays. He’s going to let his play do the talking and take the spotlight from Lamar which boosts his confidence and teammates along with popularity to have a chance at finishing the season as the hottest team in the league. They believe in him and he figures why beg for something you can earn. Watson didn’t get jealous about the heisman when they robbed him and gave it to Jackson. Ppl think Jackson wants revenge when in reality deshaun does.

O'Brien had 2 weeks to script plays to the strengths of our offense. He lost to this coach back in 2017. Never let the same flame burn you twice. He should be motivated for this game with what’s on the line. I acknowledge the playcallings been pretty good lately. I’m rooting for him but we’re going to have to go for it on 4th down every now and than. No punts on 4th & 2/1. Baltimore’s likes to waste the clock
Oh, dont get me wrong I think he's a great young QB. But he did have accuracy issues particularly in the Carolina game. Why do you think he was out there practicing throws after the game?

I think Watson's going to have a great game Sunday. Him being quite is the calm before the storm.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
But he did have accuracy issues particularly in the Carolina game. Why do you think he was out there practicing throws after the game?
Most people think accuracy is 9ne of those things you either have or don't. Staying late, tossing the ball to coaches probably not going to fix it.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Most people think accuracy is 9ne of those things you either have or don't. Staying late, tossing the ball to coaches probably not going to fix it.
Working on mechanics can do a lot for accuracy. I disagree. Him being pissed off after a poor performance and working on it directly after the game shows me the character I want to see. Jmo.

markn

All Pro
Most pundits have us losing this game, but I think they're overlooking something that gives the Texans a clear edge, namely Baltimore's pass-rush - or lack of it. Baltimore can generally only get pressure through blitzing, and Watson has fantastic statistics against the blitz. If Watson is hot, and OB has a strong game plan incorporating blitz-beating slants and receiver screen, I think this match-up is more winnable than most.

Obviously we need a strong defensive gameplan too, but I think we have the ability to make stops in enough key situations that we can make the game winnable for the O.

I like us to complete an upset in a fairly high scoring game.

DanielTx

Veteran
Oh, dont get me wrong I think he's a great young QB. But he did have accuracy issues particularly in the Carolina game. Why do you think he was out there practicing throws after the game?

I think Watson's going to have a great game Sunday. Him being quite is the calm before the storm.
I’m not saying it’s true but maybe he had a long night the day before the game. After all, it was his birthday?

It’s really no telling but the positive is he’s trying to perfect his craft minutes after a lost. That’s called leadership. It speaks volumes to his character and his teammates realize this guy really wants to win. He’s a obsessed winner, that’s why he should have went #1. if teams could repick the 2000 draft, whose going #1? The obsessed winner

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I’m not saying it’s true but maybe he had a long night the day before the game. After all, it was his birthday?

It’s really no telling but the positive is he’s trying to perfect his craft minutes after a lost. That’s called leadership. It speaks volumes to his character and his teammates realize this guy really wants to win. He’s a obsessed winner, that’s why he should have went #1. if teams could repick the 2000 draft, whose going #1? The obsessed winner
I would still take Mahomes and I Don't mean that as a slight to Watson. You disagree but we're really splitting hairs.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

If the draft was repicked with todays hindsight - Mahomes is going #1.

Watson probably goes #2.

And Trubisky goes UDFA.

If the 2018 draft were repicked - Lamar Jackson would go #1.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
If the draft was repicked with todays hindsight - Mahomes is going #1.

Watson probably goes #2.

And Trubisky goes UDFA.

If the 2018 draft were repicked - Lamar Jackson would go #1.
What did Lamar Jackson do to you? Why you want to stick him with the Browns?
LoL
And personally I don't see Jackson blossoming as he has anywhere else.

In 2017 the Browns would have had to let Garrett slide to SF to pick Mahomes and Watson goes to da Bearz. Not sure he's a cold weather QB.
thinking further, that means we would have kept pick 25 and maybe used it on T.J. Watt
:D

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Going through this thread is Deja vu. Not too long ago, the crazy mahomes talk and now its Jackson. Everyone's worried and than I tell you the Watson stat where he hasn't lost by more than 7 points this season. Get called a homer, we win and Magician watson strikes again. What seperates him from every other young qb is his champion trait. He's done it on every stage unlike most young qbs in todays game. He's poised like Brady and delivers in the moment. That confidence carries on wherever he goes.

Mahomes and Jackson hasnt developed that trait yet. That trait, ice in your veins, the right decisions are made in the 4th qtr to give your team the lead in crunch time. Certain qbs have it like Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, prime Brady and Watson. Mahomes showed a flash of it in the conf championship game. He hasn't done it consistent for me to crown him. He just lost to the titans.
So once again, based on the criteria you set for other QB"s you made Deshaun Watson look terrible. I mean he just lost right? He hasn't been consistent then based on how you just described it for Jackson or Mahomes.

Hopefully Lamar can become a pro bowler too one day. Lastly, if this counts. He’s undefeated against Lj and Mahomes which again shows he’s a natural winner. I’ll comeback Sunday man. I already know what’s going to happen but you know you guys keep praising Lamar lol
Looks like you wrote checks your favorite team couldn't cash.

Maybe you should learn from trashing other QB"s and bashing them fictitiously out of insecurities for Watson. Let Watson grow and prove things on his own. He will.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
No it wasn’t but you have to admit OB didn’t do much to help his offense

Not going to happen, all he sees is what Watson did in this loss. Not the dumb ash play calling. Not the pathetic offensive line play. Not the receivers having a difficult time getting separation. Just Watson fumbling and supposedly running into every last one of those sacks.

DanielTx

Veteran
So once again, based on the criteria you set for other QB"s you made Deshaun Watson look terrible. I mean he just lost right? He hasn't been consistent then based on how you just described it for Jackson or Mahomes.

Looks like you wrote checks your favorite team couldn't cash.

Maybe you should learn from trashing other QB"s and bashing them fictitiously out of insecurities for Watson. Let Watson grow and prove things on his own. He will.
1) if you’re going to call out people why don’t you call out everybody?

2) the team as a whole wasn’t prepared and that falls on the coaching.

3) no one said Jackson sucked. I put that in bold because it seems like you have a hard time comprehending.

4) Watson lost a regular season game. I was wrong about us winning but I wasn’t the only one. I’ll accept being wrong, nothing more. Watson is still better than Lj and Mahomes

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
1) if you’re going to call out people why don’t you call out everybody?

2) the team as a whole wasn’t prepared and that falls on the coaching.

3) no one said Jackson sucked. I put that in bold because it seems like you have a hard time comprehending.

4) Watson lost a regular season game. I was wrong about us winning but I wasn’t the only one. I’ll accept being wrong, nothing more. Watson is still better than Lj and Mahomes
No, you flat out counted LJ and the Ravens out like they were just fool's gold. You've done the same thing with Mahomes and to anyone else that holds a threat to Watson in the National Picture. You made it seem like the Texans would have a cake walk, and they went out there and got slaughtered. Learn from that before constantly calling all of these other productive QB's a bunch of cluckers and allow them to compete. Let Watson earn his way to being an MVP. It doesn't have to happen over night.

DanielTx

Veteran
The problem with that fumble is that there was plenty of chances to throw it away. Squarely on Watson.
how do we have Watson, Hopkins, Duke, stills, Hyde and can only put up 7 points. All because of ob stupid game plan long developing routes I have to hear trash talk from that joker executioner. Thanks ob!