Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game plan Baltimore

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
how do we have Watson, Hopkins, Duke, stills, Hyde and can only put up 7 points. All because of ob stupid game plan long developing routes I have to hear trash talk from that joker executioner. Thanks ob!
Joker? You don't get to come in here and trash anyone when you already trashed the rest of the QB's around the league bragging about how you'd be crowing after this match up took place. You did that all to yourself by writing checks the team couldn't cash.

DanielTx

Veteran
No, you flat out counted LJ and the Ravens out like they were just fool's gold. You've done the same thing with Mahomes and to anyone else that holds a threat to Watson in the National Picture. You made it seem like the Texans would have a cake walk, and they went out there and got slaughtered. Learn from that before constantly calling all of these other productive QB's a bunch of cluckers and allow them to compete. Let Watson earn his way to being an MVP. It doesn't have to happen over night.
I gave them 35 pts in my prediction. 7 points off and we put up? 7. lol, didn’t I say Jackson could win the sb because this is there window of opportunity with a great defense to bail him out unlike Watson and mahomes. I don’t think I ever counted them out. I talked s*** lmao but eh, I’m just a fan at the end of the day.

I gave my opinion and backed it up with facts about the 3 young qbs. I think you’re upset because I stated why deshaun is a better football player than the other 2. Sunday proved once again, I was right because deshaun beats Mahomes and one of the greatest oc in the game with a horrible coach and gets blown out by Jackson, a sb head coach because deshaun coach only knows how to waste talent. Yeah, if Deshaun was on kc, he would have beat mahomes and if he was on Baltimore? They would be undefeated.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I gave them 35 pts in my prediction. 7 points off and we put up? 7. lol, didn’t I say Jackson could win the sb because this is there window of opportunity with a great defense to bail him out unlike Watson and mahomes. I don’t think I ever counted them out. I talked s*** lmao but eh, I’m just a fan at the end of the day.

I gave my opinion and backed it up with facts about the 3 young qbs. I think you’re upset because I stated why deshaun is a better football player than the other 2. Sunday proved once again, I was right because deshaun beats Mahomes and one of the greatest oc in the game with a horrible coach and gets blown out by Jackson, a sb head coach because deshaun coach only knows how to waste talent. Yeah, if Deshaun was on kc, he would have beat mahomes and if he was on Baltimore? They would be undefeated.
Deshaun didn't prove a damn thing in that game. Good lord, you never stop digging do you?

Just tip your hat to the other team when you get out played.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
how do we have Watson, Hopkins, Duke, stills, Hyde and can only put up 7 points. All because of ob stupid game plan long developing routes I have to hear trash talk from that joker executioner. Thanks ob!
You are making excuses for Watson. If no one is open throw away the ball. That is the correct play under those situations. OBs crappy game plan or not.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
You are making excuses for Watson. If no one is open throw away the ball. That is the correct play under those situations. OBs crappy game plan or not.
Yeah, that fumble is on Watson. No reason he couldn't have just flung that sucker out of bounds.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
This post just made you life long fan of the OB fan club. In the same way, you now are a Watson doubter and hater.

Congrats and welcome.
Can't be a part of the O'Brien fan club. My distaste for him started when he took down all signs of team and/or individual accomplishments that he had NOTHING to do with. He had no right to do that. Then he ran Arian Foster into the ground and AJ out of town. Strike two and three.
So with much sincerity and great enthusiam, I hereby and forthwith decline/renounce any membership in or association with - stated or implied - in the O'B fan club.
texanpride

...but a screw up is a screw up is a screw up and must be identified as such or you won't learn from it.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Can't be a part of the O'Brien fan club. My distaste for him started when he took down all signs of team and/or individual accomplishments that he had NOTHING to do with. He had no right to do that. Then he ran Arian Foster into the ground and AJ out of town. Strike two and three.
So with much sincerity and great enthusiam, I hereby and forthwith decline/renounce any membership in or association with - stated or implied - in the O'B fan club.
texanpride

...but a screw up is a screw up is a screw up and must be identified as such or you won't learn from it.
Too late. You spoke poorly about Watson.

You are in. Forever. Scarlet letter and all.

I would post the a gif with the Sandlot kid saying forever, but I haven’t figured out how to post gifs since the update. So you will have to use you imagination old school style.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
texanpride

I'm not a fan of Bill O'Brien myself, but to suggest that he ran AJ out of town is maybe the biggest "fake news" I've seen in here.

AJ was all but done, and then waited until right before the season to start bitching about how he wanted out. He gave the Texans the absolute worst position to be trading him in where they'd get very little value for him, and limited the options of where we could send him. He had an idiot of an agent that was one of those family member situations that usually doesn't fare well for the athlete, and AJ was given horrible advice. AJ handled that entire thing like a complete idiot and had he been smart he should have demanded a trade years before that after so many bad QB situations he was in.

I love AJ to death, but that's just the truth. O'Brien was actually really smart about knowing when to let go of AJ and realizing that his better days were far behind him. AJ stunk it up in Tennessee and was out of the league after that.

Arian Foster was also done after one season with OB. His body was already damaged when OB got here. Kubiak ran him into the ground if anyone did, and I wouldn't even say that. Arian just didn't last long like many RB's.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I'm not a fan of Bill O'Brien myself, but to suggest that he ran AJ out of town is maybe the biggest "fake news" I've seen in here.

AJ was all but done, and then waited until right before the season to start bitching about how he wanted out. He gave the Texans the absolute worst position to be trading him in where they'd get very little value for him, and limited the options of where we could send him. He had an idiot of an agent that was one of those family member situations that usually doesn't fare well for the athlete, and AJ was given horrible advice. AJ handled that entire thing like a complete idiot and had he been smart he should have demanded a trade years before that after so many bad QB situations he was in.

I love AJ to death, but that's just the truth. O'Brien was actually really smart about knowing when to let go of AJ and realizing that his better days were far behind him. AJ stunk it up in Tennessee and was out of the league after that.

Arian Foster was also done after one season with OB. His body was already damaged when OB got here. Kubiak ran him into the ground if anyone did, and I wouldn't even say that. Arian just didn't last long like many RB's.
I would add Arian trusted his brother too much for conditioning. I think anytime you mix family in as “the local expert” you are destined for hard time.

AJ and his Uncle is a good example too.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I would add Arian trusted his brother too much for conditioning. I think anytime you mix family in as “the local expert” you are destined for hard time.

AJ and his Uncle is a good example too.
Arian also became a jackass that was arguably a team cancer by the end of it. Remember him pouting off the sidelines, and then also griping about Watt getting RZ opportunities for TD's. Arian had a few great years, but only like three. He built up a huge ego off of a short successful career.

AJ is a freaking GOAT Houston Texan along with Watt, but he wasn't that smart.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Hind sight being 20/20......no matter what plan OB had in place, the OL got shellacked and owned by the Raven defense. The only possible offense for that type of defense, possess a couple of 7' receivers who can jump.....then have the Watson throw the ball 20' up in the air and then usher in the jump ball era b/c hopefully the ball would eventually come down roughly 7-10 yards beyond the LOS and the receivers would have the best opportunity to block-out be rebound that pass from the high point.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
texanpride

I'm not a fan of BOB's either.

But taking down individual things to set a new tone of team over individual things is a reason to dislike BOB? I dont get it.

Cutting an over the hill AJ after telling him what his role was going to be and AJ saying let me leave is a reason to dislike BOB?

If anybody ran foster into the ground it was Kubiak. (Like another poster pointed out.) So I think your dislike of BOB is misplaced here.

Now if you want to say he's stubborn and inflexible, keeps poor assistant coaches around to long, (Like Kubiak) is too conservative. You dont like how Watson is developing, Or you dont care for his personality, those would be valid reasons not to join his fan club.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'm not a fan of BOB's either.

But taking down individual things to set a new tone of team over individual things is a reason to dislike BOB? I dont get it.

Cutting an over the hill AJ after telling him what his role was going to be and AJ saying let me leave is a reason to dislike BOB?

If anybody ran foster into the ground it was Kubiak. (Like another poster pointed out.) So I think your dislike of BOB is misplaced here.

Now if you want to say he's stubborn and inflexible, keeps poor assistant coaches around to long, (Like Kubiak) is too conservative. You dont like how Watson is developing, Or you dont care for his personality, those would be valid reasons not to join his fan club.
Over the hill? The prior season (2014) AJ led the team in receptions and nearly had 1000 yds. Those numbers had dropped from the prior year (he had over 100 catches and 1400 yds in 2013) as Hopkins emerged, but "over the hill"? And why was that "meeting" even necessary? Let things play out on the field. Why not let things flow like when Moss came to the Vikes, Cris Carter adapted to the #2 WR; AJ would have too. The whole thing seemed a ploy to embarrass AJ IMO. I didn't care for it. I still don't care for the way he maneuvers people he doesn't like off the team. Too much like a snake.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Over the hill? The prior season (2014) AJ led the team in receptions and nearly had 1000 yds. Those numbers had dropped from the prior year (he had over 100 catches and 1400 yds in 2013) as Hopkins emerged, but "over the hill"? And why was that "meeting" even necessary? Let things play out on the field. Why not let things flow like when Moss came to the Vikes, Cris Carter adapted to the #2 WR; AJ would have too. The whole thing seemed a ploy to embarrass AJ IMO. I didn't care for it. I still don't care for the way he maneuvers people he doesn't like off the team. Too much like a snake.
Over the hill, yes.

Tell me how many catches he had in Indy? The same number BOB told him he would get here. I appreciate BOB being honest with AJ.

It's his team and it doesn't bother me when he makes decisions that he thinks improves the team. Other than Clownery give me some examples of what you are talking about.