Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game Day: Texans vs Ravens - Divisional Playoff Round

You have to do something. I agree.

I haven't gone through to see if they tried to incorporate some quick game or not. If Stroud was adamantly looking for the deep pass, or not. I do know there were a couple of times i expected a hot route & didn't see it.

Cleveland didn't have the pass rushers Baltimore had. Our guys got their butts handed to them. S2roud was moved off his spot too easily, too often.
Indeed but like I said we didn’t try to neutralize it either by moving the pocket like we did against Cleveland. In the first meeting against the Browns, granted we didn’t have CJ. That front got to Case and got to him often. The reason why they didn’t get to CJ was because we got him out the pocket and kept them on guessing.

Man that’s freaking crazy we didn’t have one trip in the red zone. Brought back memories from the past three years. Slow was terrible with his play calling, offensive line couldn’t block and receivers just wasn’t getting open. Then the freaking penalties and dropped passes.

It was like they were scared of the Ravens defense.
It's impossible to call a game as an OC when they have the issues you listed above. Cant block, WR's cant get open, no run game equals 3 points scored in a game.

Man if your running game isn’t working then you have to find other ways to compensate. Like the quick passing game.
The entire offense didn’t look ready at all. And that’s on coaching. The offensive play calling didn’t look like the one we ran against the Browns who actually has the better defense.
The Ravens defense blitzed up the middle regularly and they doubled Collins, none of the other WR's could beat man coverage. Occasionally Schultz could beat his man and they hit a couple to Singletary out of the backfield. But you cant score points like this.

Bottom line is they need to find a RT/WR/RB in the worst way and another TE to pair with Schultz wouldn't hurt either. They were talent defiecient and Slowik hasn't forgotten how to scheme an offense in a weeks time.

It's impossible to call a game as an OC when they have the issues you listed above. Cant block, WR's cant get open, no run game equals 3 points scored in a game.
Missing the point. They didn’t allow any sacks the previous game against a better defense.
Slowik did not call the same game. It was like he wasn’t prepared period.

Man that’s freaking crazy we didn’t have one trip in the red zone. Brought back memories from the past three years. Slow was terrible with his play calling, offensive line couldn’t block and receivers just wasn’t getting open. Then the freaking penalties and dropped passes.

It was like they were scared of the Ravens defense.
It wasn't Slowiks calls - our offense didn't have enough gunpowder to counter Ravens D.
Ravens D was more than we could handle.

The Ravens defense blitzed up the middle regularly and they doubled Collins, none of the other WR's could beat man coverage. Occasionally Schultz could beat his man and they hit a couple to Singletary out of the backfield. But you cant score points like this.

Bottom line is they need to find a RT/WR/RB in the worst way and another TE to pair with Schultz wouldn't hurt either. They were talent defiecient and Slowik hasn't forgotten how to scheme an offense in a weeks time.
Schultz could not block against Ravens - he was awful.
We ain't fixing our Oline in one off season.
Gonna have to lean on Stroud again so a running game is needed to take some pressure off him.

I agree we need a RT, but the best will cost in the $15M range. The best fit for the Texans to go after is probably Jermaine Eluemunor, a swing tackle who's best fit is RT. He'll cost in the $7M - $8M range. His 2023 PFF season grade was 68.5 and rated as 36th OT. His 2022 season grade was 75.3, 21st. If we could sign him and Fant both, that should solidify the RT position. Fant should cost in the $4M range.

That and weather effectively taking away the deep ball this offense was reliant on. And the home crowd forcing presnap penalties. If this game was played indoors it would look more like the Colts/Texans week 18 game. Though against a better defense.

Indeed but like I said we didn’t try to neutralize it either by moving the pocket like we did against Cleveland. In the first meeting against the Browns, granted we didn’t have CJ. That front got to Case and got to him often. The reason why they didn’t get to CJ was because we got him out the pocket and kept them on guessing.
Like I said, Cleveland may have had the "better" defense but they did not have the betterpass rush. Cleveland's pass rush was milquetoast by comparison. What worked against Cleveland might not work against Baltimore.

That said when they did move the pocket Cj was under instant pressure. I can understand why they didn't do it as much as they did last week.

Slowik did not call the same game. It was like he wasn’t prepared period.
This is going to sound mean, but honestly I can't think of a better way to say it, but to say this is extremely arrogant. I know you said "like" he wasn't prepared, so I understand you're not like those idiots who spout that off without thinking.

I would say I was one of the most skeptical of this coaching staff, this offense, & this QB when the season started. But now, there's no doubt in my mind these guys were ready. Just ran into a chainsaw.

That and weather effectively taking away the deep ball this offense was reliant on. And the home crowd forcing presnap penalties. If this game was played indoors it would look more like the Colts/Texans week 18 game. Though against a better defense.
True, and they need to add more weapons so that they can play indoors during the playoffs or outdoors regardless of the weather.

Back