Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game Day Texans VS Niners

James is making $890K with $250K guaranteed. Not really a question of money.

Thanks Lucky

I thought veteran pickups were guaranteed more money than that.

I leave it up to Dutch to safeguard ''our money'' and admit I don't sweat the cash as long as he is on the job. :D

I gotta ask because I don't keep up with all the goings on.

Where is OD hiding?

:coffee:

Arian Foster can still be electric Arian as he showed on his break away play. He is our big play threat. Trudge and slog through small gain plays and then BOOM, he's gone. The plays that cat made last year were epic, brilliant, inspired awesome plays.

I watched him walk by when the onfield interview was happening with one of the Niner RB's and he just hulked past them. His is a big strong hoss. Just hope he's handling his multi-millionaire twentysomething lifestyle change. Imagine being in your twenties and having millions in the bank.

OK, missed that. I'll look for it, I'm about to watch it again.

If you can find a good view, Kevin Walter comes left to right in the endzone and drags two guys with him (I know Walter never gets double covered but he had two dogs on his trail) Then there are two DB's to the left who stick seeing Jean coming. Martin runs up and breaks right into a void.

Martin was wide open and in the endzone.

No, CB#26 Brock was right behind him (Martin) all the way until he saw Jean caught the ball.

Brock then left Martin to try to tackle Jean.

This play was made possible by the fact that Walter drew triple coverage on a post route. The LB #54 Grant and the two safeties boxed Walter in, forming a triangle around him.

I have a different version of the game that showed the middle of the end zone clearly.

No, CB#26 Brock was right behind him (Martin) all the way until he saw Jean caught the ball.

Martin has good separation and is headed away from Brock. There was a clear opportunity there. Just toss the ball out front of Martin and Brock has no play.

A0r_Vp_CIAA_vN7.jpg

Martin was wide open and in the endzone.

Thats what I thought but it was difficult to see from the TV angles shown. Looked to me as if Martin was the first option and Schaub flat out missed him.
Gotta give the OL extra credit on that slow developing play.

Matt and TJ both made mental mistakes.

Keenum threw that sweet touch pass and showed some skills. He will be our #3.

Arian and Andre are ready for the season.

Holiday won a spot on the team. Kid has wheels.

Casey is going to be a great asset this year, as are Jean and Martin.

I think the only starter position still in dispute is kicker, and because they used a pick on him and he has showed some skill Bullock should win it.

Does anyone else notice Schaub hopping around when he scrambles or throws the ball?

I hope he's mentally and physically healed.

What were these "mental mistakes"?

Matt missed a read .... on a play that resulted in a TD. We're nitpicking here but so was Gary after the play.

TJ missed a pre-snap read on a blitz that resulted in a sack .... could also blame it on Tate as he was responsible for the blitzer tho he came from the opposite side free and clean.

Caldwell didn't look bad to me. I actually watched him on several plays, as far as pass protection the entire line looked pretty good, with the only mistake I saw actually coming from Brown our best lineman. I believe JJ and Cody will have a little something to do with fixing this when the regular season start. I also believe Jean and Marting will end up with more playing time in regular season games than Walters, even though I'm sure Walters will start every game he's healthy. Just my two cents.

Caldwell didn't look bad to me. I actually watched him on several plays, as far as pass protection the entire line looked pretty good, with the only mistake I saw actually coming from Brown our best lineman. I believe JJ and Cody will have a little something to do with fixing this when the regular season start. I also believe Jean and Marting will end up with more playing time in regular season games than Walters, even though I'm sure Walters will start every game he's healthy. Just my two cents.

I meant to say and the run defense needs to get better.

Martin has good separation and is headed away from Brock. There was a clear opportunity there. Just toss the ball out front of Martin and Brock has no play.

1000 % negative.
Don't you have the end zone view?

When I feel up to it (could be a couple of days) I can post the screen shots.
Or maybe Dutch (or somebody) can make a vid in slow motion.

When Schaub released the ball, the CB was still in front of KMart.
If Schaub attempted to throw the ball to KMart, Brock would have been in position to even go for an INT attempt.

There was ZERO chance that Schaub can risk such a pass while Jean was wide-open right in front of his nose.

Anyone notice Schaub about to go deep to AJ on the play that OD got called for the late false start?

Yeah, the single deep safety had to make a choice either to help on AJ or OD.

In the meantime, Walter was bracketed (double-covered) by a CB and a LB.

1000 % negative.

When I feel up to it (could be a couple of days) I can post the screen shots.
Or maybe Dutch (or somebody) can make a vid in slow motion.

When Schaub released the ball, the CB was still in front of KMart.
If Schaub attempted to throw the ball to KMart, Brock would have been in position to even go for an INT attempt.

There was ZERO chance that Schaub can risk such a pass while Jean was wide-open right in front of his nose.

I can help you out if you have requests for animations. I think it's a lot easier to see what's going on versus the screenshots. Let me know the quarter, time and down and I can do it in about 5-10 minutes. I only have the game videos though, not the All 22 subscription.

I can help you out if you have requests for animations. I think it's a lot easier to see what's going on versus the screenshots. Let me know the quarter, time and down and I can do it in about 5-10 minutes. I only have the game videos though, not the All 22 subscription.
That will be great.

54 seconds until half time.

The end-zone view is shown after the PAT in the regular broadcast version in Houston.

If you have the shortcut version from TYT, it also has an expanded side view (almost like a wide-screen format) that shows both the left side and the middle of the end zone. (I think this one is from the SF feed.)

The screen shots have their merrits.
When you freeze the frames, you can see the CB covering Martin looking at Schaub the whole time, and that he stayed ahead and in the path of Martin.

He never left Martin until Schaub released the ball.

1000 % negative.

First off yeah I have an end zone view.

And you are right you are 1000% wrong. Brock was yards away from being in position to make a play.

By the way, when a ball leaves a QB's hand isn't the same as when a QB could or should have had the ball leave his hand.

But please provide us with your explanation of what Kubiak was chewing Schaub's ass about. Maybe it was failing to attempt a keeper.

And you are right you are 1000% wrong. Brock was yards away from being in position to make a play.

By the way, when a ball leaves a QB's hand isn't the same as when a QB could or should have had the ball leave his hand.

But please provide us with your explanation of what Kubiak was chewing Schaub's ass about. Maybe it was failing to attempt a keeper.

You should know by now that I'm not into guessing what's on people's mind.

I have no idea what that conversation was all about.

Anything anybody says is just a guess; and there's no truth in a guess.

So where was KMart (at what yard line) when Schaub should have thrown that ball, in your opinion?

The Dutch made a vid in this thread at post #91

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1998020#post1998020

Delano Johnson (#64 I think) deserves some praise. He looked pretty good in limited playing time. I dont think he makes the roster, but the 6'4" 280 lbs OLB has some interesting tools to work with. I see him making the PS.

TJ missed a pre-snap read on a blitz that resulted in a sack .... could also blame it on Tate as he was responsible for the blitzer tho he came from the opposite side free and clean.
I blamed it on Tate, who was blocking air. I don't want to get involved in the misread on the TD...but I don't see it. It's the same play they ran in Cincy to win the division. If Kubiak was on Schaub for anything, it was probably that he waited too long to release the pass to Jean (who was led into another defender).

I blamed it on Tate, who was blocking air. I don't want to get involved in the misread on the TD...but I don't see it. It's the same play they ran in Cincy to win the division. If Kubiak was on Schaub for anything, it was probably that he waited too long to release the pass to Jean (who was led into another defender).

After rewatching that play .... I have no clue what Gary was chewin his ass about. I think Schaub let it fly at the right time waiting for Jean to come away from the Lber underneath #56.

The two guy's who ended up attempting the tackle were responsible for OD and Martin .... everyone else was on either Walter or Foster five defenders betwixt them.

Thanks Dutch for that frame by frame replay. Now get 22 !

Delano Johnson (#64 I think) deserves some praise. He looked pretty good in limited playing time. I dont think he makes the roster, but the 6'4" 280 lbs OLB has some interesting tools to work with. I see him making the PS.

I'm glad you mentioned that. He showed up quite a bit out there on the field. I kept trying to figure out who it was.

I'm glad you mentioned that. He showed up quite a bit out there on the field. I kept trying to figure out who it was.

He reminds me of Watt a bit, always getting his hands into the air at the LOS. Again, definitely a long shot for the team, but I think he makes the PS. Just too many raw tools to work with to not make it for a year.

Back