Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game Day Texans VS Niners

With Martin and Jean doing well, I'm less worried about the recievers than I was before the pre-season games began.

Really like watching Holliday do his stuff.

Didn't get to see Case Keenum as much as I'd like. Schaub looked good, TJ rather ordinary.

I think the defense played a bit better than they did last week.

Need to fix those gaping holes on the runs....

Got to the QB well again, I am liking what I see in Jamison and Dobbins. Harris might be a sleeper and help out while Cody is out.

I now feel a lot better about the WR situation after tonight's game.

Martin is going to be tough for opponents to deal with in the slot. Jean looks like he can develop into a #1 WR eventually if he keeps at it.

Did not see Posey, I was concerned a bout picking him when they did and still am.

Walter was non-existent.

Defense had trouble stopping run in first half, but picked up in the second. Harris looks like a sleeper in the middle, seemed to get good push.

Brandon Harris and Carmicheal looked solid, Harris made a few nice plays. Dobbins play surprised me today.

Holliday looks to me like JJ Moses with a supercharger installed.

Concerned about stopping the run. SF is tough running the ball but still

Speaking of Ball I'm so glad he isn't going to be on this team. We're not doing useless CB's anymore supposedly and he's a completely useless CB.

Kevin Walter doesn't need to hit the bench, he'll have his role on this team. It just won't be the one he's been trying to fill for the last few years. WR options are going to be awesome to see. Jean & Martin are both so much better than Jacoby Jones and I'd prefer the team not waste any of their attention or time on returns. Keep Holliday and let the other young WR's focus on becoming the best WR's they can be.

I thought our receivers looked good. Schaub looked like he is 100%.

I have serious concerns about our O-line though. I don't think our 1st team ran well last week or this week. I know the 49ers have a stout D on the run, but we are supposed to be an elite run team. They won that battle, not us.

Also, we have got to do a better job at pass protection. I know it's just preseason, but I'm concerned. Again, my only knock on tonight was the O-line....and Graham whiffing on a block or 2.

Holliday looks to me like JJ Moses with a supercharger installed.

Concerned about stopping the run. SF is tough running the ball but still

Speaking of Ball I'm so glad he isn't going to be on this team. We're not doing useless CB's anymore supposedly and he's a completely useless CB.

Kevin Walter doesn't need to hit the bench, he'll have his role on this team. It just won't be the one he's been trying to fill for the last few years. WR options are going to be awesome to see. Jean & Martin are both so much better than Jacoby Jones and I'd prefer the team not waste any of their attention or time on returns. Keep Holliday and let the other young WR's focus on becoming the best WR's they can be.

Watt and Cody were not in there. I wonder how much they would have affected the run?

Brandon Jacobs posted this on Twitter:

Brandon Jacobs ‏@gatorboy45

Big ups to Kareem Jackson from the Texans he is a classy guy, he came to the the X-ray room to wish me a speedy recovery.

Was at the game tonight.

I liked Holliday, and Jean. The Offense moved well. Yes that includes the O-line. I did not expect the run game to do much, because the 9ers have probably the best run defense in the NFL. The protection was good except for a couple of hiccups. I feel by midseason, our O-line will be solid. Barring any injuries of course. Holliday seems to be coming into his own. Glover dropped an easy INT. That was upsetting. Jean, who I have been high on forever, has some good playmaking abilities. And Martin is doing great too. I am dissapointed with Posey so far. He should be getting more looks. I only saw him on the third string offense.

I am not worried about our wide reciever core anymore. Jean and Martin will make for outstanding talent. Defense was good as well. Overall good performance and holding the 49ers to only 9 points. Very good indeed.

Was at the game tonight.

I liked Holliday, and Jean. The Offense moved well. Yes that includes the O-line. I did not expect the run game to do much, because the 9ers have probably the best run defense in the NFL. The protection was good except for a couple of hiccups. I feel by midseason, our O-line will be solid. Barring any injuries of course. Holliday seems to be coming into his own. Glover dropped an easy INT. That was upsetting. Jean, who I have been high on forever, has some good playmaking abilities. And Martin is doing great too. I am dissapointed with Posey so far. He should be getting more looks. I only saw him on the third string offense.

I am not worried about our wide reciever core anymore. Jean and Martin will make for outstanding talent. Defense was good as well. Overall good performance and holding the 49ers to only 9 points. Very good indeed.

It's hard for me to be critical of a player who hasn't really seen the field so far. Being on the 3rd string offense just indicates he has been outplayed by Martin/Jean, which seems quite evident right now. Was Posey even targeted once against the 49ers?

Defense had trouble stopping run in first half, but picked up in the second.

Yeah I agree with this. Outside of the two draws were they gained some massive yardage, I don't think our defense did that bad against the run. We were missing some key components (Watt, Cody) as a couple of other people have mentioned, that's a pretty big factor in my mind.

It's hard for me to be critical of a player who hasn't really seen the field so far. Being on the 3rd string offense just indicates he has been outplayed by Martin/Jean, which seems quite evident right now. Was Posey even targeted once against the 49ers?

I believe Keenum missed him on roll out.

I think Dobbins is underrated due to how powerful our LB corps is. I've always respected his game and I think he's a very good addition to our depth at that position.

I'm very tempted to say dobbins should be the starter next to Cushing.

Bradie did some good things though, but he also has some bad moments.

My notes:

Graham should win the Kicker job. But it's on Kubiak to see that, which means he'll end up making an emotional decision (Saving the rookie Aggie and cutting the veteran). If he keeps Graham, it'll be the right call. It's easy to see which guy has the steeled nerves out there.

Holliday makes the team this year. And he's earned it, too.

I'd like to see AJ and KW sit the rest of the way...so we can see more Posey. It'll be the only real way for us to see what he can do. Coming into the game at the 4th qtr with fellow 3rd stringers is not the way to see Posey get a chance to show something. It's looking like he'll be PS'd....nobody will claim him; there's nothing he's done out there for a team to want to claim him.

Dobbins by all rights should be a starter next to Cushing, but...that means the shot caller Bradie James is put on the bench. Ain't happening.

Forsett, Grimes. Grimes, Forsett. Hmmm....Well, I won't get bent if Forsett wins RB3. I think long term it's Grimes who has the bigger future. If Kubiak & Co. want Forsett, so be it. In the grand scheme of things, it's merely a situational RB type of deal like what we had with Ward anyways. Hopefully Forsett/Grimes isn't needed.

JJ Watt is more important to the D than any of us realized, and we all knew he was a big deal to begin with! Turns out that he's sort of The Man in that front line, and him being back on week 1 is going to be huge for the D.

Kareem Jackson killed a guy. Well, sort of.

I thought our receivers looked good. Schaub looked like he is 100%.

I have serious concerns about our O-line though. I don't think our 1st team ran well last week or this week. I know the 49ers have a stout D on the run, but we are supposed to be an elite run team. They won that battle, not us.

Also, we have got to do a better job at pass protection. I know it's just preseason, but I'm concerned. Again, my only knock on tonight was the O-line....and Graham whiffing on a block or 2.

The O-line didn't run block very well but then again the 49's have the top run defense in the league. Watching a feed from SF, what stuck with me was listening to their broadcasters say Schaub wasn't pressured all night. The same can't be said for the 49's QB.

The O-line didn't run block very well but then again the 49's have the top run defense in the league. Watching a feed from SF, what stuck with me was listening to their broadcasters say Schaub wasn't pressured all night. The same can't be said for the 49's QB.

I don't know what game they were watching because I can vividly recall at least one time schaub was pressured and hit as he threw.

I don't know what game they were watching because I can vividly recall at least one time schaub was pressured and hit as he threw.

His jersey was not the least bit dirty. That one play would have been a late hit if the defender put anything on it.

The other team's QB's have been getting dog piled the first two games. They have been forced to work in a very dirty pocket. Pressure has been relentless Schaub was roughed up once on that blitz in game one. The run blocking for the Texans has been substandard compared to last year.

Texans handled one average team with a potentially great QB who kicked their ass last season and a second great team with an average QB. I don't think they have trailed a minute this preseason.

Anybody know where to find a replay online at I missed it yesterday don't have nfl network anymore either.

JJ Watt is more important to the D than any of us realized, and we all knew he was a big deal to begin with! Turns out that he's sort of The Man in that front line, and him being back on week 1 is going to be huge for the D.
Watt is important, and many of "us" realized that. The surprise might be missing Cody. Much of the Niners damage running was right at the nose. I'm going to watch the replay today, but I think I'll see Mitchell getting manhandled early on.

Watt is important, and many of "us" realized that. The surprise might be missing Cody. Much of the Niners damage running was right at the nose. I'm going to watch the replay today, but I think I'll see Mitchell getting manhandled early on.
. I agree, we looked awful against the run last night. I'm going back and look closely at how we gave up those yards.

I'm very tempted to say dobbins should be the starter next to Cushing.

Bradie did some good things though, but he also has some bad moments.

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one thinking this.

I am not a proven talent evaluator but James has not been too much of a factor from what little I have noticed.

Is James worth the price we must pay to keep him?

:coffee:

Why is it so hard to find a YouTube video of Schaub's TD pass to Lestar Jean inside the red zone? With the Texans' struggles inside the red zone for practically the past few years it was certainly nice to see, preseason or not. I wanted to see it again but I guess I'll have to wait until the NFL Network re-airs the game.

Why is it so hard to find a YouTube video of Schaub's TD pass to Lestar Jean inside the red zone? With the Texans' struggles inside the red zone for practically the past few years it was certainly nice to see, preseason or not. I wanted to see it again but I guess I'll have to wait until the NFL Network re-airs the game.
The TD pass is on NFL.com.

Matt Schaub throws a TD pass to Lestar Jean .... Kubiak chews him a new one. Priceless. :specnatz:

Yeah, I saw that. Don't know what the origin of Kubiak's ire but he sure let Matt have it on the sideline after that TD. Schaub looked at him like "WTF? OK, whatever" then shot Kubiak a glance as the walked off.

I wonder what he did wrong too.

Yeah, I saw that. Don't know what the origin of Kubiak's ire but he sure let Matt have it on the sideline after that TD. Schaub looked at him like "WTF? OK, whatever" then shot Kubiak a glance as the walked off.

I wonder what he did wrong too.

Martin was wide open and in the endzone.

Who would put that on YouTube and so fast at that? Lol. Check NFL.com or ESPN highlights.

Back