Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 8...Silver And Black...Oakland Raiders!

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Only way he gets him if he trades one of our players and some more draft picks. lol
I'm sure he's willing to trade next year's 2nd, the 2021 3rd, Coutee, Warring and maybe even Fuller. Heck he could just trade Duke too

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'm sure he's willing to trade next year's 2nd, the 2021 3rd, Coutee, Warring and maybe even Fuller. Heck he could just trade Duke too
At this point someone needs to take away OB's gm duties or he'll become like Chevy Chase in the Las Vegas Vacation movie.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
At this point someone needs to take away OB's gm duties or he'll become like Chevy Chase in the Las Vegas Vacation movie.
I mean he's already worse in my book. Making terrible trades will be his main Wikipedia paragraph

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
For a long time, you have been clamoring for this franchise to get a "franchise QB". You have been pounding the table for this team to draft a 1st round QB. We finally got one, we have a productive QB... so now what do you want? You want to get rid of him and start all over?

You are a difficult guy to please.
Depends on if you think his style of play can bring a championship to Kirby.

I think he gets hurt and there will be no championship.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Lol exactly. I told you gents some months ago, that when Steel does not like certain players/people. Dude will go out his way to push his agenda. No way in heck will we get rid of Watson and keep Obrien. Currently both are here to stay for a hot minute.
Why is it when I disagree with you I have an agenda.

I have thoughts and I think just like Moon, Watson won't be able to string together the 4 great games he needs too to bring a championship to this city and that's only if he stays healthy, with his style of play I'm betting on another ACL since he has already had 2.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
He sustained most hits OBrien was trying his dumb slow developing pass plays
Whatever dude,

If you want to criticize BOB for using him like a tailback then that's fair game.

You know how Watson can avoid talking some of those hits? By getting rid of the damn ball. Look at the almost int that he threw into double coverage and Nuk bailed him out. There was a guy wide open on about the 5 yd line.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Whatever dude,

If you want to criticize BOB for using him like a tailback then that's fair game.

You know how Watson can avoid talking some of those hits? By getting rid of the damn ball. Look at the almost int that he threw into double coverage and Nuk bailed him out. There was a guy wide open on about the 5 yd line.
How exactly was he supposed to get rid of the ball quick when OBrien was calling slow developing plays?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I've seen you, multiple times, say Watson reminds you of Steve Young. Young had no problems winning a Super Bowl.
True and I really hope he becomes Young. They are very similar in playing styles and are accurate, just not Montana/Brady/Brees accurate. They both have to/Had to learn how to read defenses/play the QB position in the NFL. This is what Watson is going thru right now and he doesn't really seem to be progressing. This bothers me and I've began to question if Watson will ever get it. Of course Young had Walsh teaching him and guys like Corrosion have said the WC offense is easier to learn how to run. BTW, Walsh is a GOAT when it comes to teaching how to play the QB position and teaching coaches how to coach the QB position. This is where Kubiak truly learned how to coach the QB position and why he's always been one of the best of his generation at teaching the QB position. I mean Schaub looked great in 2009 when he was fully healthy under Kubiak.

BOB tried to teach his version of the EP to Watson, but it appears he's given up on this and is just letting Watson run the offense he feels most comfortable with. (Which is the smart thing to do) but the down side to this is Watson is most likely going to tear his ACL again and eventually after yrs of hoping he can become the QB we want him to become we will end up with another Schaub situation.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
True and I really hope he becomes Young. They are very similar in playing styles and are accurate, just not Montana/Brady/Brees accurate. They both have to/Had to learn how to read defenses/play the QB position in the NFL. This is what Watson is going thru right now and he doesn't really seem to be progressing. This bothers me and I've began to question if Watson will ever get it. Of course Young had Walsh teaching him and guys like Corrosion have said the WC offense is easier to learn how to run. BTW, Walsh is a GOAT when it comes to teaching how to play the QB position and teaching coaches how to coach the QB position. This is where Kubiak truly learned how to coach the QB position and why he's always been one of the best of his generation at teaching the QB position. I mean Schaub looked great in 2009 when he was fully healthy under Kubiak.

BOB tried to teach his version of the EP to Watson, but it appears he's given up on this and is just letting Watson run the offense he feels most comfortable with. (Which is the smart thing to do) but the down side to this is Watson is most likely going to tear his ACL again and eventually after yrs of hoping he can become the QB we want him to become we will end up with another Schaub situation.
Steve Young didn't become Steve Young until 1992... his 8th season in the league, his 6th season under Walsh.

Watson is only in his 3rd season.

Doesn't seem fair that you're already giving up on him as the next Steve Young.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Steve Young didn't become Steve Young until 1992... his 8th season in the league, his 6th season under Walsh.

Only because a GOAT was in front of him. He didn't play much.

badboy

Hall of Fame

Just curious did Steve Young have two acl's and the issue with his lungs and overall beaten body syndrome that Watson has in his third season?

Earl34

Hall of Fame

You're right. It isn't fair and very short sighted. Especially when you consider this week's game will mark Watson's 32nd NFL game.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine

Every player has his or her haters out there.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Only because a GOAT was in front of him. He didn't play much.
Because of injuries to Montana, the 49ers traded for Young after he started for Tampa Bay, did a great job reading defenses by going 3-16 as a starter and throwing 11 TDs and 21 INTs. Even with Montana on the roster, he still started 10 games and by his sixth season, he had played the same amount of games as Watson.

He wasn't just sitting behind the GOAT.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Because of injuries to Montana, the 49ers traded for Young after he started for Tampa Bay, did a great job reading defenses by going 3-16 as a starter and throwing 11 TDs and 21 INTs. Even with Montana on the roster, he still started 10 games and by his sixth season, he had played the same amount of games as Watson.

He wasn't just sitting behind the GOAT.
And by the end of the year was back on the bench for the playoffs, where he remained untill Montana was traded to the Chiefs so that Young could take over. Montana took the Chiefs to the AFCCG that yr beating the Oilers along the way. He also lead the Chiefs to a regular season victory over the mighty 49ers and Young in the regular season.

But you already knew that.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Watson has been everything short of miraculous b/c of the OL he's been straddled with since he was drafted. Hard to say how great this young man could've been if he was with likes of the Patriots, Saints, Rams, etc.

He's been stuck with a dysfunctional owner, FO and HC who truly have no idea of how to reach the goals they've set. Hopefully they don't Carr him before he has decent surroundings.

Cerberus

Hall of Fame
Like the Steelers, the Raiders have many fans outside their area. Some attribute this to their tradition and mystique. I think it's because of the color scheme. I mean, who doesn't look better in silver and black.

It is more than the color scheme or the mystique. When you are a Raider fan you become part of a family that was guided by the late, venerable, Al Davis.

Raider fans are the very definition of “us against the establishment," aka the NFL Front Office. That feeling gets exacerbated by convenient bad calls that tend to eliminate the Raiders from playoffs or crucial games. Remember the Immaculate Deception, the Lytle Fumble, the Snow Job (aka Tuck Rule), and others. And since the Raiders have always been one of the most penalized teams in the NFL year-after-year regardless of changes in players, coaches, GM’s, etc., that always stokes the feelings of distrust between Raider fans and Goodell/Tagliabue. In fact, the NFL tried to say the Raiders get more penalties because of their black jerseys, but with more teams wearing black that excuse got exposed.

And for the record, don’t believe the propaganda you hear about Raiders and Raider fans. They are actually quite caring and giving. We take after our former owner, Al Davis. The stories most never heard about Davis are very special, but that is because Davis didn’t want the plaudits; he did things because it was the right thing to do. For example:

If Davis kept reaching out to you, you had a loyal friend for life. Countless former players and employees got financial help, medical help or sometimes just game tickets or a friendly phone call from Davis.​
Davis even picked up the tab for former Chiefs linebacker Derrick Thomas' funeral in 2000, because his family couldn't afford it.​
"You could write volumes on Al Davis because there's so many different people that he helped," Herrera said. "Without anyone else knowing about it. He had a heart as big as anyone I've ever known, and the perception of him was not that way. The perception of him was of this tough guy who always had to have it his way."​
Now, can you imagine the Texans’ biggest rival paying for the funeral of a JJ Watt or someone like that? Derrick Thomas was a pain in the Raiders rear-end for years, but Al Davis respected him as a human being and a football player. He stepped in where Lamar Hunt fell short.

There are other stories too, where he helped Howie Long, the former mayor of SF’s family when the former mayor was dying, and many others. So, being a Raider fan is something that transcends football; it is something much more.

So to sum it up for you, being a Raider fan means you are a fan of the organization not the city of Oakland. So, when the team moves to Vegas, their fan base will follow them except for a few back in Oakland who are butt-hurt by the move. Well, that and the Silver & Black color scheme is pretty cool. ;^ )

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

You should also check-out the real story about the Al Davis/Marcus Allen feud. Where Marcus was the highest paid RB, but held-out because he wanted to be the highest paid player. Davis was insulted, seeing how he had helped protect Marcus from bad media with regard to his cocaine use, and then there was the affair with Nicole Simpson Brown.

Because here’s what also comes through clearly in Edelman’s film: the long-running rumors that Nicole Brown Simpson and Allen had an affair, which, at some point, Simpson learned about.
What’s most unsettling is that the viewer is left to wonder whether Nicole Brown Simpson’s possible involvement with Allen may have contributed to her death.
“Do we all believe that right toward the very end when they had split up after Mother’s Day that Nicole was not seeing Marcus again?” Mike Gilber, who represented both Simpson and Allen, asks in the film. “I absolutely believe that she was. And O.J. told Nicole, ‘You ever see Marcus again, I will kill you.’ ”

People like Al Michaels lied when it came to Al Davis and the Raiders. Heck, Dr. Z once claimed he was at the Raider/Patriot preseason game decades ago, and that Stingley got paralyzed by Tatum from a hit he took while on the ground. That was total B.S., they ran into each other, but that film clip is hard to find online. Anyway, Dr. Z started a false narrative, and that pisses us Raider fans off.

Last edited:

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Heck, Dr. Z once claimed he was at the Raider/Patriot preseason game decades ago, and that Stingley got paralyzed by Tatum from a hit he took while on the ground. That was total B.S., they ran into each other, but that film clip is hard to find online. Anyway, Dr. Z started a false narrative, and that pisses us Raider fans off.
I saw the play on TV as it happened. Stingley dove to catch a pass over the middle. Tatum came across as Stingley was coming down, and had a helmet to helmet collision. Legal play, at the time. Tatum definitely meant to rock Stingley and force the incompletion. Not paralyze him. Tatum could have easily been the one paralyzed. A play that is now against the rules at all levels of the game.

Having said that, the Raiders stretched the rules at the time. No one stretched them more than Tatum. The play only reinforced his reputation as the dirtiest player in the league. Though his teammate, George Atkinson, probably deserved the title more.

BTW, Tatum did give Stingley a forearm while on the ground, defenseless. .That just wasn't the play that paralyzed Stingley.

Cerberus

Hall of Fame
I saw the play on TV as it happened. Stingley dove to catch a pass over the middle. Tatum came across as Stingley was coming down, and had a helmet to helmet collision. Legal play, at the time. Tatum definitely meant to rock Stingley and force the incompletion. Not paralyze him. Tatum could have easily been the one paralyzed. A play that is now against the rules at all levels of the game.

Having said that, the Raiders stretched the rules at the time. No one stretched them more than Tatum. The play only reinforced his reputation as the dirtiest player in the league. Though his teammate, George Atkinson, probably deserved the title more.

BTW, Tatum did give Stingley a forearm while on the ground, defenseless. .That just wasn't the play that paralyzed Stingley.

Tatum and Atkinson just didn’t want any receivers coming across the middle. Tatum was aggressive more than dirty, but could play dirty for sure. You’re correct, Atkinson was dirty. Then again, back in those days you had some mean SOB’s playing ball. Alzado, Tooz, Charlie Waters (Eagles), Butkus, etc.