Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 4...Prove It...Carolina Panthers!

I realize the Patriots coaching tree has been anything but close to what Bill Belichick has been as a head coach but I think if Josh McDaniels gets another chance he will be a good head coach. I think he should be our teams head coach if we ever get lucky and BOb gets fired.

Last edited:
"I held onto the ball too long." Deshaun Watson on the sack fumble late in the game. #Texans

— patrick (@PatDStat) September 29, 2019

"The offensive line did a hell of a job. I have to hit my check downs." Deshaun Watson on the #Texans sacks today.

"I just have to hit them. The plays are there." Deshaun Watson the missed deep balls to DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller. #Texans

Watson: "Do you know what coverage they are playing?"

Silence.

"They are playing cover 4."
#Texans

Deshaun Watson: 'I got to take my game to another level.'

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) September 29, 2019

Deshaun Watson on incompletions to Will Fuller and DeAndre Hopkins: 'Fuller, I thought I overthrew him. He said he could have had it, it kind of went off his fingertips. Hop, I just got to hit those. Those are two important ones'

Deshaun Watson: 'It's very frustrating. Any loss is very frustrating. We didn't capitalize on turnovers.'

Deshaun Watson on trick play and how it's supposed to work: 'Starting with the trick play, it was a play that we saw on film. The corner was going to run with the tight end across the field. I threw it to Hop and I peeked and the corner didn't move.'

Deshaun Watson cont. on the trick play: 'At that time, I tried to wave my hand, but Hop was looking over there and didn't see me. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. That's what we did in that situation. Give them credit for staying disciplined and not running with it.'

Texans are a mismanagement. I figured that they won't be a contender. They can't play football. Why are they even a team? This is not a team thing.

The Astros are definitely much more fun and exciting to watch then the Texans are. Major changes on top, coaching and on the field need to be made with the Texans. O'Brien has no idea how to field a fun product to watch and enjoy. He sucks the fun right out of the game. It is definitely time to send him packing along with his entire coaching staff. Give Dabbo Sweeney the reigns and see what he can do with the talent on this team. He's got to be better then the clown who is currently in charge.

The Astros are definitely much more fun and exciting to watch then the Texans are. Major changes on top, coaching and on the field need to be made with the Texans. O'Brien has no idea how to field a fun product to watch and enjoy. He sucks the fun right out of the game. It is definitely time to send him packing along with his entire coaching staff. Give Dabbo Sweeney the reigns and see what he can do with the talent on this team. He's got to be better then the clown who is currently in charge.
I even get excited watching the Rockets. I at least know when they are in the playoffs, they have a chance at the Finals. When I watch the Texans, I just hope they don’t get blown out of the first round.

I'm watching the end of the Jags/Broncos game right now. Both their offenses look light years ahead of ours right now. F'ing pathetic.
But I heard it takes 3 years for a rebuild. I’m watching the game and Minshew already has them in position for a win.

If we bring in Caserio next year, provided he still wants to come here, does that start the 3 year rebuild clock over? Do we get a redshirt season?

You guys misunderstand it not three years of rebuild it’s three STAGES. Stage one was getting rid of Smith, stage two was clearing the way to a full NE takeover, stage three will be convincing getting the final pieces and finishing the takeover. Each of these stages takes an undetermined amount of time to complete but fortunately we are now about to enter stage three. Really if you look how how complex the plan is 6 years is a very short amount of time to be entering the final stage.

Once all three stages are complete then we can enter rebuild mode and then we are ready to be the Patriots of the south just like our red, white and blue color scheme promised. Good times are ahead.

:kitten:

Yeah I’m a little annoyed with BoB and this team this week.

You misspelled "stooges".

In other news, here's the fun stat of the game, and by fun I mean pathetic. The Texans opening drive started at their own 19, lasted 11 plays, took 7:09 off the clock, and ended at their own 40 for 21 total yards gained. True story.

lol that's a ******* travesty

We haven't been without the anvil known as Brian Gaine for long.

Give OBrien the GM a draft with a full complement of picks (2022) and then we can talk about firing him

Wait, what? You want to give this dumbass even more control? The future is bleak for this squad, if you give Obrien 3 years of personnel decisions we're going to be the raiders for the next 20 years.

Watching this games year, I’m starting to get the same feeling I had when watching the Capers led Texans. It’s just frustrating. Nothing comes easy. I remember watching the first couple games with Kubiak and thinking this is what a NFL offense is supposed to look like. I did have issues the Kubiak the HC, but Kubiak the OC is really really good.

I was listening to Clint Stoerner after the game and he had a great quote. He said our offense was on the lower end in terms of sophistication in the NFL, meaning that we rarely do anything that forces the defense to make adjustments to what we are doing. He said it’s like we are just expecting our studs to make plays and we rarely scheme guys open. As many have said our offense is predictable and it seems like BOB is letting the defense dictate what we are doing. After game Watson answered a question from a reporter and went over the coverages that Carolina were playing and then explained how they would attack those coverages. He talked about beating quarters coverage with doubles moves or getting the safety to bite on an underneath route to be able to hit something over the top. As Watson is explaining all this, I’m thinking this is why Watson is holding the ball, based on his explanations all of our solutions require deeper throws.

At this point I’m not sure what is worse, BOB’s offensive game plan or his time management. Something has got to change. Four games into the season our coaching appears to be a libability, and that’s not good

Watching this games year, I’m starting to get the same feeling I had when watching the Capers led Texans. It’s just frustrating. Nothing comes easy. I remember watching the first couple games with Kubiak and thinking this is what a NFL offense is supposed to look like. I did have issues the Kubiak the HC, but Kubiak the OC is really really good.

I was listening to Clint Stoerner after the game and he had a great quote. He said our offense was on the lower end in terms of sophistication in the NFL, meaning that we rarely do anything that forces the defense to make adjustments to what we are doing. He said it’s like we are just expecting our studs to make plays and we rarely scheme guys open. As many have said our offense is predictable and it seems like BOB is letting the defense dictate what we are doing. After game Watson answered a question from a reporter and went over the coverages that Carolina were playing and then explained how they would attack those coverages. He talked about beating quarters coverage with doubles moves or getting the safety to bite on an underneath route to be able to hit something over the top. As Watson is explaining all this, I’m thinking this is why Watson is holding the ball, based on his explanations all of our solutions require deeper throws.

At this point I’m not sure what is worse, BOB’s offensive game plan or his time management. Something has got to change. Four games into the season our coaching appears to be a libability, and that’s not good
So in other words, if you are a DC facing the Texans, you simply just have to keep your secondary disciplined and those routes won’t open. Could be why DW often gives accolades to the discipline of the D’s after about every game.

So in other words, if you are a DC facing the Texans, you simply just have to keep your secondary disciplined and those routes won’t open. Could be why DW often gives accolades to the discipline of the D’s after about every game.

During the Saints game on that 2 play scoring drive, I think on the 2 plays their DC got really aggressive and they were in cover 1 or 0, can’t remember exactly which, but Watson shredded it.

During the Saints game on that 2 play scoring drive, I think on the 2 plays their DC got really aggressive and they were in cover 1 or 0, can’t remember exactly which, but Watson shredded it.

I'm too drumk to understamnd, but someone did somthing good?

A heard an interesting comment during game when the commentator compared the different mantras of the two QBs. Watson was something like, "never give up on the play." I think this is part of the problem. He is too focused on the homerun strike and extended the play. He is often not taking what the defense is giving him and seems to be concentrating more on the play he wants to make (which often times is not there). Many times the offense scheme/play calling isn't doing him any favors, but sometimes there are plays to be made that are left on the field. This game Watson failed to connect on several plays including two long ones where the receivers were wide open. I am beginning to get a little concern, because Watson has had a lot of off games/quarters this season and there a sone shuttle things he did in his rookie season he is no longer seems to be as adept at - like throw receivers open.

This season is looking more and more like it could be 8-8 plus or minus. The defense is good enough that if they can get the offense on track the team has potential. Hopefully they can sort things out and get this train back on the tracks.

OBrien still has slow developing iso routes but he just added Hyde leaking to the flat.

That fixed nothing

I'm still thinking 12-4.

I know, I know. I see what you see. But my gut's telling me 12-4

Which the question is what then? Bad as the rest of the division is looking 12-4 would most likely get us into the wild card so what is considered success? SB, AFC championship, or just not being 1 and done? And also does the way we lose matter? If it was a close game or result of bad calls from the refs is that factored in or is it black and white?

These questions aren’t directed at you so much TK, though I’d like to hear your thoughts to, but more your post was a chance to present the question.

Right now we do look so up and down 8-8 is likely. If I want to be optimistic, we have a lot of parts learning to play together in the oline and defensive backfield that SHOULD get better and play better and we are still relatively healthy. We are handicapped by offensive game plans and execution right now. Is Tim Kelly the problem or solution? Can BOB hire a game management assistant to aid in these tight games? Will special teams win or cost us games? We could be 0-4 or 4-0 with all these tight games, so just a bit better in a few areas and we win, a bit worse and we could really suck

Don't see it.
Walk me through the schedule and show me ten more wins plz :boogereater:
@NO (L)
- JAX (W)
@LAC (W)
- CAR (L)
- ATL (W)
@KC (L)
@IND (W)
- OAK (W)
@JAX (W)
@BAL (No freaking idea)
- IND (W)
- NE (L)
- DEN (W)
@TEN (W)
@TBB (W)
- TEN (W)

I can see it. Atlanta and Denver are just a notch or two below us. Our division rivals still can't figure anything out since losing so many of their QBs so unless one of them makes a dramatic jump forward we SHOULD be able to sweep the division.

Raiders are a hot mess and if it weren't for Miami they would be the laughing stock of the NFL. At least Miami has the excuse of tanking for why they are so bad. At the rate the Raiders are going though they won't even have any of their big name guys left on the team by the time we play them.

TBB are garbage because their QB is still playing the game like he's in college, if their new coach can't settle him down then they are going to have to move on but it won't be this year.

Ravens man I just don't know, Jackson seems to be having the same issue as Watson in that some games he's hot and some he's cold. Biggest difference is that Baltimore has a defense because they are like the Bears in that they always have a defense.

Last edited:
Back