Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 4...Prove It...Carolina Panthers!

Don’t worry about losing to rookie backup QB in week 4 folks. BoB is undefeated against rookie backup QBs in the first round.

Don’t worry about losing to rookie backup QB in week 4 folks. BoB is undefeated against rookie backup QBs in the first round.

Can I send a beat writer like 500 bucks to have them ask the questions we want asked to O'Brien and whoever else that gets questions asked to them?

Is that illegal or something?

Kinda a serious question. I've had enough.

https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/1178404583674134534

Utterly asinine. The coach who's been here SIX YEARS has no answers. The coach who's had power struggles with literally EVERYONE leaving only himself as playcaller AND GM has no answers.

"Have to call better plays."

Well you made sure YOU'RE responsible for this. Every ******* thing is your responsibility. YOU'RE to blame.

tenor.gif

We have had our O-line issues but the Panthers have showed that pressuring opposing Qb's is no fluke. BOb is predictable but as I said in my previous post, DW made him look worse than what he was. There is no excuse for DW if wants to be considered one of the best Qb's in the NFL.
Even if that’s all true, here’s the problem - 6 years in and O’Brien continues to make the same, boneheaded, blundering game management mistakes. They’re there for everyone to see. He’s not getting better. And if he can’t manage a game clock, how can he continue to be entrusted with the entire franchise (as far as team operations)?

Even though I didn’t see the game, I followed this game thread and someone made a good point. BoB’s week to week game plan isn’t working the way it should, or does like his mentor team the Patriots. Sometimes you’ve got to throw that ‘playbook’ away and game plan towards the strengths of your own personnel. My biggest concern now is, is it already too late for Watson? Hopefully today was just an aberration for him. One thing that is already a trend too long and strong to ignore or broken is O’Brien’s inadequacies.

To recap:
Time management continues to be an issue.
Offense can’t get going. Zero flow.
Defense hasn’t met a CB they’d press. I could gain 5 against JoJo easy.
ST continues to blow. Kicker is problematic.

6 years of excuses and promoting up of incompetence.

Just the Texans being the Texans. We should all know better by now.

Bill O'Brien 'It was bad, didnt do a good job.' On Hopkins play call acknowledged it was bad called offense 'Terrible'

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) September 29, 2019

"We have to call better plays. He played his butt off." Bill O’Brien on Deshaun Watson’s performance and the sacks taken today. #Texans

— patrick (@PatDStat) September 29, 2019

O’Brien said offense "terrible. I really don’t have any answers."

— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) September 29, 2019

We have 84 games of data telling us what Bill O’Brien is — and that’s thoroughly mediocre.

He’s 44-40 with the #Texans (16-11 with Watson starting).

The ball is in Cal McNair’s court now.

— Jordan Ray (@JordanLRay) September 29, 2019

Bill O'Brien 'It was bad, didnt do a good job.' On Hopkins play call acknowledged it was bad called offense 'Terrible'

"We have to call better plays. He played his butt off." Bill O’Brien on Deshaun Watson’s performance and the sacks taken today. #Texans

— patrick (@PatDStat) September 29, 2019

We have 84 games of data telling us what Bill O’Brien is — and that’s thoroughly mediocre.

This is all we need to read.... O’Brien is an idiot

You listening to this sh!t Cal??

You know, every year during MVP conversations someone points out that the QB is the most valuable because he touches the ball every play. Well, those plays you mentioned are awful, but one guy killed more drives on his own all day by touching the ball every play.

yes sir Deshaun was beyond bad not because of the throws he missed but because of the throws he didn’t see.

last week the offense rolled out some compact passing schemes that generated some open receivers, today they were back to running tWO deep outs/fly and two shallow slants/curls. There was no spacing! Deshaun has to be perfect on these days, he used the check down more than ever and he seemed to not want to make a bad throw into coverage. Slow ass routes + slow reading/passive QB = SACKS.

Everyone sucked. Defense did as well as you could expect, WAtt should have come up with the sack, just throwing away timeouts. Running the ball late while you’re losing and with 1 timeout? I just don’t understand. Not what winning teams do.

Even if that’s all true, here’s the problem - 6 years in and O’Brien continues to make the same, boneheaded, blundering game management mistakes. They’re there for everyone to see. He’s not getting better. And if he can’t manage a game clock, how can he continue to be entrusted with the entire franchise (as far as team operations)?

Even though I didn’t see the game, I followed this game thread and someone made a good point. BoB’s week to week game plan isn’t working the way it should, or does like his mentor team the Patriots. Sometimes you’ve got to throw that ‘playbook’ away and game plan towards the strengths of your own personnel. My biggest concern now is, is it already too late for Watson? Hopefully today was just an aberration for him. One thing that is already a trend too long and strong to ignore or broken is O’Brien’s inadequacies.
I can't argue with your points because you make some good ones. I guess all I can add is who do we blame for DW's inconsistency? It would seem to be BO'b based on his history with Qb's. Then again none of his past Qb's have done much since leaving our team. I have to wonder if having an average season saves BOb's job.

yes sir Deshaun was beyond bad not because of the throws he missed but because of the throws he didn’t see.

last week the offense rolled out some compact passing schemes that generated some open receivers, today they were back to running tWO deep outs/fly and two shallow slants/curls. There was no spacing! Deshaun has to be perfect on these days, he used the check down more than ever and he seemed to not want to make a bad throw into coverage. Slow ass routes + slow reading/passive QB = SACKS.

Everyone sucked. Defense did as well as you could expect, WAtt should have come up with the sack, just throwing away timeouts. Running the ball late while you’re losing and with 1 timeout? I just don’t understand. Not what winning teams do.

Carr 2.0, being ruined by bad coaching and bad O line...

Someone needs to forward that quote by Bill O’Brien to Cal McNair. “I don’t have any answers.” What professional football coach says that? And, what professional sports organization keeps a Head Coach admitting he doesn’t know what the f*ck to do? This is just ridiculous.

I can't argue with your points because you make some good ones. I guess all I can add is who do we blame for DW's inconsistency? It would seem to be BO'b based on his history with Qb's. Then again none of his past Qb's have done much since leaving our team. I have to wonder if having an average season saves BOb's job.
Watson was thrown behind a crappy line to begin his career. So that’s part of it. He has good mechanics and can make the more difficult intermediate throws. He holds the ball too long, which can be corrected through coaching.

I have to believe coaching is his biggest hindrance. I still remember his first 6 games as a pro. I’ve seen some of that since then but I feel he’s lost a little confidence. Coaching can repair that damage as well.

I'm sure BO'b is complicit here, but Watson has got to see it's zone coverage & check out of it.

At the very least, Hopkins has to see the defense did not bite on the screen.

Lemme take a stab at this. I'd say, mind you it's just my opinion, but it's probably because we have a stupid dumbass shitforbrains head coach.
Mr Big head won't accept responsibility for the teams struggles and when he says he does it never shows in the games. I thought after we beat the Chargers we BOb had turned over a new leaf. The only saving grace to our loss is that the Colts lost and as of now the Jags are losing to the Broncos. Let's hope the Jags lose. Titans managed to win unfortunately.

Back