Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 13...Break the Ponies...Denver Broncos!

Who would you hire?

Rex Ryan on ESPN keeps saying he wishes he was coaching again. I mean an offensive guy doesn’t seem to be able to get it done so maybe we go back to being a defense team? Hey maybe we could just bring in someone to be OC then and let them and Watson control the offense and Ryan the defense. Hell we’ve copied the Pats on everything else why not copy them on the QB leading the O and the HC just worrying about defense?

L
W
W
L
W
W
L
W
W
L
W
W

According to that, it looks like the Texans are due to drop one.

Seriously though, don't be surprised if they come out looking flat. I hope they're past that, but big games like last night tend to have that effect the following week.

They mess around and drop one to a Denver, and it will take a little bit of shine off beating the Pats.

Gotta admit when you’re right you’re right. You called this one Speedy, I hate you a little more for it but you called it. :kitten:

Tomlin is on track to win coach of the year for the rabbit he’s pulled out of his hat this season. If he did become available I’d back the Brinks truck up to his door, especially since coach salaries don’t impact the cap.

Tomlin has been a failure for years. Lol! Steelers fans have wanted him gone for a while.

Rabbit? He hasn't pulled any rabbit out of anything. They were never going to be anything special this season with or without Big Ben.

Most overrated coach by the media. Its hilarious.

My historic (if you will)stance was wanting O'Brien gone for at least two seasons and IIRC was doubting him three. I've been excited & optimistic Watson take step up. I've been fair in my posts for both taking neither "it's all one or the others fault" but hoping after wins vs Colts & NE that we should blow out Denver.

No way will I ignore you! We can talk and disagree. I get the frustration and Have said I wanted to get rid of OBrien and even RAC at times. However, we do seem to be headed in right direction. I'm not a Kool aide guy bit nor do I choose to focus only on "history".
If we lose to Denver--I will probably have that heart attack. :handshake:
I didn't have the myocardial infarc, more surprisingly to me, I wasn't even angry just totally disgusted. Returning from church pre-game I heard one of 610 radio guys say Denver better than their record. I replied.."No they ain't" chuckled.

Coaches made errors including RAC and O'Brien. Players made some also especially Tunsil at least three false starts (at least they seem to come against Von Miller). I do not see Cal McNair firing O'Brien whether I think it's justified or not. At most he may force him to make coaching changes.. while that will help (Devlin) it will not be enough. My proposal will cause board melt down but I am not calling to blow up team. 11-5 at best is not enough for me and anything less than getting to Super Bowl will not satisfy me-- that isn't happening. My belief now is Watson was not HC's choice & while OBrien has not played him as I would, I think he will go hat in hand to Cal, say "I took a guy I didn't want & did as best I could with the team I had". I mentioned this POV another thread IIRC.
My move:
1. Miami desperate wants a QB & has 1.4 & 1.22 & 1.23-1.25 (depending on the analyst). They were locked in to Tua before Dolphins begin to win. Tua also got injured and not only begin to drop in rankings but may not even come out if he looks to go lower than top five. Burrow off board Tua possibly not the choice at #4. IMO, no other QB will do. They need franchise type & only two of those if Tua comes out. They cannot settle for "good" or "potential/high ceiling" like Herbert, Fromm or even Jordan Love nor can they chance a Mineshew or Lock. Tua a franchise type is too risky due to his injury, no way can they wait for long odds of Trevor Lawrence in 2021.

Watson for those three first round picks. He is closer to a franchise type QB than Tua & Burrow not there. Miami would probably snicker at not only getting Watson but using our 2020 first to get him.

2. Oakland almost as desperately wants a franchise WR, thought they snookered Pittsburgh with a 3rd & 5th for a looney tunes AB. They will step up for Deandre Hopkins giving 1.16 and 1.18. I'm huge Hop fan but we need to move on and get two starters for him.

1.4, 1.16, 1.18, 1.22 and 1.23 plus our own selections would go long way to right this craziness. Letting Fells, Hyde, Reader, Roby and Mercilus go in FA would give us comp ammo in 2022 when we don't have a first or second.

Tomlin has been a failure for years. Lol! Steelers fans have wanted him gone for a while.

Rabbit? He hasn't pulled any rabbit out of anything. They were never going to be anything special this season with or without Big Ben.

Most overrated coach by the media. Its hilarious.

Well as a Pats fan you would know all about being overrated by the media this season.

Man yall gents are always ready to blow everything up. Lol we're 8-5 and look at the responses on here. Just imagine what would be said around here if we blow this thing all the way up. Then start looking like the Bengals.

To be fair most have been ready to blow everything up for awhile. I get we are still 8-5 but it’s the up and down part that drives me crazy. How do you dominate the Pats one week then get dominated by the Broncos the next? I honestly asking because I can’t wrap my head around it.

To be fair most have been ready to blow everything up for awhile. I get we are still 8-5 but it’s the up and down part that drives me crazy. How do you dominate the Pats one week then get dominated by the Broncos the next? I honestly asking because I can’t wrap my head around it.

That’s a million dollar question. Inconsistent rings a bell. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde comes to mind. We’re just not a good team.

Last edited:
Well as a Pats fan you would know all about being overrated by the media this season.

They're still the current #2 seed, and you're talking about who is overrated? A team with a lot of players who just won a SB? You don't get to call them overrated. You're still trying to figure out what that feels like and seeing what an actual SB team looks like. You sound so desperate, especially going off topic from what was quoted. I'd back up the Brinks Truck for Tomlin. :panic:

I've been saying for years that OB is just OK, and OK won't cut it if you want to win big.

OB inherited a team with a solid core of players, but he's not an innovative offensive mind.
His key offensive weapon is Hopkins, who was given to him.
He went away from the ZBS only to come back full circle (by which I mean he's been coming back to it more and more the last couple of years.)
He still can't develop good linemen.
Under O'Brien, the Texans have been spending more and more resources on the offensive sìde, yet the result is still a mix bag.

They're still the current #2 seed, and you're talking about who is overrated? A team with a lot of players who just won a SB? You don't get to call them overrated. You're still trying to figure out what that feels like and seeing what an actual SB team looks like. You sound so desperate, especially going off topic from what was quoted. I'd back up the Brinks Truck for Tomlin. :panic:

Yes I would, you talk about Steeler fans have been calling him to be fired. Well guess what Pats fans have also been calling for Brady to be replaced, KC fans have been calling for Reid to be fired, 49er fans thought this would be a top 5 pick year. The point is fans cry and want some one fired every time their team doesn’t win the SB, that’s why you shouldn’t listen to fans.

Tomlin is a two time SB winning coach and if we are going to talk about Reid’s success in comparison to BoB then he blows Reid out of the water. The fact that he lost AB, lost Bell and lost Big Ben and still will finish above .500 and maybe even a playoff run is just damn good coaching. So yes I would take a Tomlin over BoB but I would actually take BoB over Reid.

Also yeah the Patriots are overrated, they have played a super weak schedule this season and the first time they played a real team they got destroyed. Of course feasting on a weak division has been their bread and butter for 2 decades. Over their next three games they play against two teams fighting for the number one overall pick, yeah really showing they aren’t overrated.

I love how you say “You’re still trying to figure out what that feels like and seeing what an actual SB team looks like.” Hate to break it to you but I’ve been a Ravens fan longer than Texans have been around, never watched or cared about the Oilers because didn’t live in Houston when they played, but I watched Ravens their first season and haven been watching ever since.

So would I. To have that team 8-5 with their injuries is impressive as hell.

Don’t you want to enjoy your car ride though? :trapstar:

Well I stayed away from the news and now I’m glad I missed what sounds like a debacle aka another BoB special. I feel
Nothing but apathy about the Texans and the only thing I have a passion for is looking forward to the day BoB is gone. I know it’s jot going to happen to white Marvin lewis but one day ill
Wake up and he won’t be the coach.

Well I stayed away from the news and now I’m glad I missed what sounds like a debacle aka another BoB special. I feel
Nothing but apathy about the Texans and the only thing I have a passion for is looking forward to the day BoB is gone. I know it’s jot going to happen to white Marvin lewis but one day ill
Wake up and he won’t be the coach.
It was horrible, especially on the defensive side. It seems Rac and the defense forgot to show up or they were busy picking out their outfits for the game to study the rookie qb's tendencies.

Bill OBrien over Andy Reid???? Did I just read that right?? LMAO wow.

tenor.gif

So would I. To have that team 8-5 with their injuries is impressive as hell.

A lot of people expected the Steelers to bee a good team this year. Losing Ben wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be. He's been getting worse for years and hasn't been on the same page with the coach either.

Tomlin has looked like complete clown the last few years getting slapped around by the Patriots at every turn always making excuses and running his mouth before match ups and last year when they finally beat them in the regular season they end up nose diving and not making the playoffs. Tomlin lost his entire locker room allowing Antonio Brown to make him look foolish regularly and the situation with Bell was a total debacle, not to mention his players all getting into it with each other over that stupid flag kneeling thing where he wouldn't even let the team go out into the field for the Anthem.

You bring up one season where the media is overhyping him as usual, and they've done it for years. Its all political and we all know why.

Man yall gents are always ready to blow everything up. Lol we're 8-5 and look at the responses on here. Just imagine what would be said around here if we blow this thing all the way up. Then start looking like the Bengals.
If you think we are just 8-5 or the Denver Disaster was just another loss, you must be willing to settle for anything. This butt whipping was a defining moment and going 11-5 if would be like having dysentery & being happy you have toilet paper. The stupid comments last night & today from OBrien & some of the soon to be gone players like Joseph & Robey only makes it worse. Blaming the loss on the night games & resulting time between them is even more stupid than OBrien in his presser today saying the offense was good. Ass kissing John McClain after HC said Hyde had decent game, tossed him a slow softball allowing HC to speak again on the running game..yea we got a hundred yards. Big whooping deal! Watson didn't puncture a lung but had a horrible game so you fans all be thrilled. Dang , coach just shut up. Tell those sycophants with MICs " Everyone saw the game. Nothing I, coaches or players can say will remove the stench from the nostrils of our fans. Saying sorry or we are gonna work to get better is insulting. It is up to the Texans to Lysol the air." Turn and leave.

I'm still in shock that the Texans let that little lesbian girl that the Broncos have at quarterback beat us.

That was painful.

Reactions: ROO
Apparently you are focusing on the loss. I am only concerned about the ways that we lost to an inferior team. Cliches also do not interest me.

Are you not reading my post. If so you would've seen all of my rants, frustration with this freaking loss.

And I don't care if Cliches interest you are not.

Are you not reading my post. If so you would've seen all of my rants, frustration with this freaking loss.

And I don't care if Cliches interest you are not.
Man you are much better than "any given Sunday..other teams lose to bad teams.." and I've read your post historically and why I was surprised you give the things "could can happen to any team". I don't care about other teams. Your post I quoted was a "que sera sera". I apologise if you think I was attacking.

Here's an idea, lets fire OB, hire a new HC, trade Watson and then draft a new QB, then both sides will be happy...……...until the first game.
well I realize you are being sarcastic but that is what I am wanting but no way either are leaving. That's why I think OBrien goes to Cal saying give me my QB and I can get you to SB. Firing HC doesn't bring anything different to roster. Five firsts in 2020 and three comps thirds and probably and extra fourth in 2021 when we have no first or second would bring freshness.

1.4 DE Chase Young could be a JJ Watt and at minimum Clowney, a great floor.

1.16 WR Jerry Jeudy replaces Will Fuller (hopefully get something for him besides $10 m) and is best WR in draft.

1.18 WR CeeDee Lamb replaces whom many analysts compare him to--Hop. Again, I think Hopkins is one of if not best WR in NFL but we need two firsts rounders more.

1.22 QB Gordon Washing State 12 g: 465/645 72.1% 5,228 @ 8.1 per

1.23 LT/RG Alex Leatherwood Alabama starts game 1 RG where he played 2018 and offers safety net if talks with Tunsil fail.

2.54 OLB Terrell Lewis or Bradley Anae or Anferee Jenkins

3 (Seattle- CLowney) CB Troy Pride Notre Dame
3.comp for KJack Safety Shyiem Carter
3 ours to Browns for Duke Johnson
3. comp for Badger to Oakland for Conley

4.3 (Miami Tunsil) LT Samuel Cosmi UTx
4 ours Rb Travis Entienne

well I realize you are being sarcastic but that is what I am wanting but no way either are leaving. That's why I think OBrien goes to Cal saying give me my QB and I can get you to SB. Firing HC doesn't bring anything different to roster. Five firsts in 2020 and three comps thirds and probably and extra fourth in 2021 when we have no first or second would bring freshness.

1.4 DE Chase Young could be a JJ Watt and at minimum Clowney, a great floor.

1.16 WR Jerry Jeudy replaces Will Fuller (hopefully get something for him besides $10 m) and is best WR in draft.

1.18 WR CeeDee Lamb replaces whom many analysts compare him to--Hop. Again, I think Hopkins is one of if not best WR in NFL but we need two firsts rounders more.

1.22 QB Gordon Washing State 12 g: 465/645 72.1% 5,228 @ 8.1 per

1.23 LT/RG Alex Leatherwood Alabama starts game 1 RG where he played 2018 and offers safety net if talks with Tunsil fail.

2.54 OLB Terrell Lewis or Bradley Anae or Anferee Jenkins

3 (Seattle- CLowney) CB Troy Pride Notre Dame
3.comp for KJack Safety Shyiem Carter
3 ours to Browns for Duke Johnson
3. comp for Badger to Oakland for Conley

4.3 (Miami Tunsil) LT Samuel Cosmi UTx
4 ours Rb Travis Entienne

Your draft plan has the same problem all draft plans have. It requires 31 other teams to agree with the value and not do anything to screw it up like, I don't know, drafting any of those players before we can get them. I mean take your 1:4, as things currently stand that spot will go to Miami. We just traded 2 first to Miami and they are hording draft picks because they are in full rebuild mode. Why the Hell would they give up that spot?

Now looking at your replacement for Watson, Gordon, I agree he is the kind of big arm pocket passer OB prefers but come on man. The projections I've seen don't have him as a 1st rounder and some not even as a 2nd rounder and you want to not only take him in the 1st but as a franchise QB starter and not a project? :mcnugget:

Your draft plan has the same problem all draft plans have. It requires 31 other teams to agree with the value and not do anything to screw it up like, I don't know, drafting any of those players before we can get them. I mean take your 1:4, as things currently stand that spot will go to Miami. We just traded 2 first to Miami and they are hording draft picks because they are in full rebuild mode. Why the Hell would they give up that spot?

Now looking at your replacement for Watson, Gordon, I agree he is the kind of big arm pocket passer OB prefers but come on man. The projections I've seen don't have him as a 1st rounder and some not even as a 2nd rounder and you want to not only take him in the 1st but as a franchise QB starter and not a project? :mcnugget:
That draft is also flawed because I don't see a TE anywhere in there. That's not how OB rolls.

as I explained in the Denver game thread

"
My historic (if you will)stance was wanting O'Brien gone for at least two seasons and IIRC was doubting him three. I've been excited & optimistic Watson take step up. I've been fair in my posts for both taking neither "it's all one or the others fault" but hoping after wins vs Colts & NE that we should blow out Denver.

I didn't have the myocardial infarc, more surprisingly to me, I wasn't even angry just totally disgusted. Returning from church pre-game I heard one of 610 radio guys say Denver better than their record. I replied.."No they ain't" chuckled.

Coaches made errors including RAC and O'Brien. Players made some also especially Tunsil at least three false starts (at least they seem to come against Von Miller). I do not see Cal McNair firing O'Brien whether I think it's justified or not. At most he may force him to make coaching changes.. while that will help (Devlin) it will not be enough. My proposal will cause board melt down but I am not calling to blow up team. 11-5 at best is not enough for me and anything less than getting to Super Bowl will not satisfy me-- that isn't happening. My belief now is Watson was not HC's choice & while OBrien has not played him as I would, I think he will go hat in hand to Cal, say "I took a guy I didn't want & did as best I could with the team I had". I mentioned this POV another thread IIRC.
My move:
1. Miami desperate wants a QB & has 1.4 & 1.22 & 1.23-1.25 (depending on the analyst). They were locked in to Tua before Dolphins begin to win. Tua also got injured and not only begin to drop in rankings but may not even come out if he looks to go lower than top five. Burrow off board Tua possibly not the choice at #4. IMO, no other QB will do. They need franchise type & only two of those if Tua comes out. They cannot settle for "good" or "potential/high ceiling" like Herbert, Fromm or even Jordan Love nor can they chance a Mineshew or Lock. Tua a franchise type is too risky due to his injury, no way can they wait for long odds of Trevor Lawrence in 2021.

Watson for those three first round picks. He is closer to a franchise type QB than Tua & Burrow not there. Miami would probably snicker at not only getting Watson but using our 2020 first to get him.

2. Oakland almost as desperately wants a franchise WR, thought they snookered Pittsburgh with a 3rd & 5th for a looney tunes AB. They will step up for Deandre Hopkins giving 1.16 and 1.18. I'm huge Hop fan but we need to move on and get two starters for him.

1.4, 1.16, 1.18, 1.22 and 1.23 plus our own selections would go long way to right this craziness. Letting Fells, Hyde, Reader, Roby and Mercilus go in FA would give us comp ammo in 2022 when we don't have a first or second.
On Gordon, almost all QBs move up in the rankings as the draft gets closer even more so if T'ua decides to remain in school another year. In addition I want to control my quarterback with the 5th year option we get in the round one selection. Cannot wait until late second round to replace Watson. Sometimes you overpay to get what you want as would the Miami Dolphins for Watson. Dolphin can get LT with pick 35.

Back