Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 10...Win The Trenches...Baltimore Ravens!

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Anyone who says something that happens in the first quarter doesn't affect the game is a ******* retard. This game squarely changed due to the blown PI call.

You can talk about mental fortitude, being resilient, blah blah whatever. Fact is that. Period.
Nope dont bye it

It was first qtr, this game would baltimore 34-7

Lol

MEGA SWATT

All Pro
Well he'd be wrong in accusing Watson of not being able to perform on the big stage. This game was absolute crap on Watson. Acting like he does this in every big game he's in since coming to the league is a stretch on Cloaks part. I remember when everyone here thought the Chiefs was a prove it or big stage game. How did that work out?

Watson played like utter you know what today. Stamping him with a label of not being able to play on the big stage in a general sense is an overreaction. The team at this point is mediocre at best unfortunately though probably something we are accustomed to.
It's still a 'what have you done for me lately-league' and frankly he looks beyond trash today so I don't blame him for that commentary

Jerry#99

Texans HOF
OB‘s Postgame: “We gotta do a better job of coaching“...”we gotta put together a better game plan and execute on that plan”...”we all need to do a better job and that starts with me”....”I don’t know John...I gotta watch the film”....”That’s what I said Brian...we gotta watch the film”.....”I dunno....if I did we would fix it”....ya da....ya da....ya da....ya da...

DanielTx

Veteran
Houston will never win a Super Bowl with O’Brien. This team is soft, especially the line. Dw hit 2 times late and none of the offensive line checks the defender. This team has no chemistry besides Watson and a few receivers and it starts with the coaching staff. The Texans got out coached today and looked unprepared.

Omerta

Waterboy
And that’s the beauty of being full strength I guess. I can’t make excuses, but can only wonder what a healthy Watt and Roby would have done for us but it is what it is. As far as Jackson the passer he has the arm talent the big thing will be what’s upstairs once the defenses get a chance to work up the tendencies. His rare combo of skills is unique and the only thing you fear is the history of injuries to the “running QB” .. will be fun to see these guys career arcs. I’m pretty sure this won’t be he last time they match up. Round 1 Jackson. Be well.
Yeah I would have loved to see Watt healthy, mainly because he is just a great freaking dude. These future showdowns are going to be better than today.

DW4 made some bad decisions today, but his o line was terrible, and you guys didn't run as many screens as I was expecting. That is really our Achilles heel because we blitz that often. I was also shocked that once we went man you didn't run more crosses underneath to get a pick on one of our corners.

On another note, good God damn Hopkins is a monster.

You really think one play is the cause of a 34 point beating? That's some mental gymnastics.
Go from being up 6-0 (since Fairbum would've missed PAT) to a tie game. Then they go score shortly thereafter. So now you're losing in a game you should be tied or at a minimum down by 1. Then they get their 3rd TD on a blatant offensive pass interference that wasn't called.

So it's on the GM
I do not mean we are not as talented per say as much as we were outplayed. That does fall on the coaches I realize so I will amend what I posted. I do not find the play calling on offense and defense to be that bad all in all. I do think that BOb could have increased the tempo offensively but all in all I do not find fault so much in how the coaches called the game and find more fault in the preparation.

We could also draw the conclusion that the Ravens are hitting on all cylinders and are blowing other teams out as well. Meaning they are the real deal and we are far from it.

Last edited:

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Ok, caught up. Just got back in from the movie, Ford vs Ferrari. I seen the movie by myself Saturday and was telling everyone how outstanding it was.....then my wife decided she wanted to see it tonight. Great, even on the 2nd night.

Got in and saw the score was 14-0 and the 3rd QTR was underway. Baltimore made it look too easy. Jackson looks unstoppable. Texans have looked sloppy the entire 3rd QTR.

OK, they're looking good on this drive. C'mon Texans, stick a TD on the board to start the 4th QTR.
Havent been to a theatre in YEARS but I really want to see that movie, looks really good

Omerta

Waterboy
Go from being up 6-0 (since Fairbum would've missed PAT) to a tie game. Then they go score shortly thereafter. So now you're losing in a game you should be tied or at a minimum down by 1. Then they get their 3rd TD on a blatant offensive pass interference that wasn't called.
Haha ok.

gafftop

All Pro
To be honest what does it matter? Even if those guys are healthy this team is going no where even if it does somehow back in to the playoffs. This team plays down to crappy opponents, gets beat down by real teams, add in a sprinkling in of decent performances against middle of the pack teams.

This team needs a real NFL caliber coach, until then it’s a pathetic joke. I almost wish we could change the name, I don’t want it representing the city of Houston or the State of Texas....
So the new coach has Watson in one piece. I agree 100%.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
haha ok

you live in this fantasy world where refs are infallible and have literally zero impact on outcomes of games

you being a ravens fan you'd think you'd know otherwise but i guess not

EDIT: maybe you're not a ravens fan, whatever, i don't know who you are nor do i care who you are only what you say

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
OB‘s Postgame: “We gotta do a better job of coaching“...”we gotta put together a better game plan and execute on that plan”...”we all need to do a better job and that starts with me”....”I don’t know John...I gotta watch the film”....”That’s what I said Brian...we gotta watch the film”.....”I dunno....if I did we would fix it”....ya da....ya da....ya da....ya da...

austins23

Hall of Fame
Yeah I would have loved to see Watt healthy, mainly because he is just a great freaking dude. These future showdowns are going to be better than today.

DW4 made some bad decisions today, but his o line was terrible, and you guys didn't run as many screens as I was expecting. That is really our Achilles heel because we blitz that often. I was also shocked that once we went man you didn't run more crosses underneath to get a pick on one of our corners.

On another note, good God damn Hopkins is a monster.
OB couldn’t design a screen to save his life. He sucks

Omerta

Waterboy
haha ok

you live in this fantasy world where refs are infallible and have literally zero impact on outcomes of games

you being a ravens fan you'd think you'd know otherwise but i guess not

EDIT: maybe you're not a ravens fan, whatever, i don't know who you are nor do i care who you are only what you say
No the refs were wrong, it was a textbook PI and everyone in Houston should be pissed. That said, You got your ass beat today. One TD makes no difference in a 4 posession game. You should be more upset about the fumble and HORRIBLE pick DW4 threw, the playcalling, the o line, but yeah

Keep living in that fantasy world where one play was worth 28 points.

Texansballer74

The Marine

The league with its agendas are 100% real. Houston Texans Football will always get screwed on this type of stage. Especially when it's a team the NFL wants to succeed.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
We'll probably lose the next two, then make a sort of half assed rebound and exit early from the playoffs. If we make them.

When the hell is OB going away?

Omerta

Waterboy
You disagree about the non-call pass interference on Hopkins? Or the 3rd td not being a blatant offensive pass interference?
Are you talking about the play where the play clock was at zero that didn't seem get called, or the underthrown ball to Hopkins that Peter has beautiful coverage on.