Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game 1...Monday Night Football...New Orleans Saints!

IF ONLY it were well deserved.....

To bad instead of someone that can back it up they had to go and hire the coaching version of the white boy from the suburbs that thinks he is "gangsta".......

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here.

Say it in English that an old fart can understand. Thank you.

:coffee:

I'm still going to give O'Brien a chance.
Hopefully, he'd learned to design a better scheme to free up the receivers.
If I see that, I will root for him to succeed.
It's not good for the organization to keep replacing HCs.
A late bloomer, maybe he is.
I agree 100% that it's not good to keep changing coaches, but we've seen negligible growth from OB as an offensive mind.

With the plethora of weapons at his disposal you can best believe he will open up the playbook. He did it against the Patriots and Seahawks when he had a healthy Fuller.
What I mean is that an OC needs to be more creative when he has a lesser arsenal.
I hope to study what the OCs around the league were doing this week.
But right now, it's all about Go Texans.

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here.

Say it in English that an old fart can understand. Thank you.

:coffee:
I was saying he has done absolutely nothing that would justify his large ego and that I wish he had actually accomplished something for the Texans that made his ego deserved.

I just got dispappointed when Seth Payne said he understands BOB may not be ready to open the playbook due to the OL. Will there ever not be a time! I promise if we are in a dogfight and he is opening it up and DW4 gets hit I won't be one of those nay sayers. I think we have to score more points to win

Honestly, I wish OB would have just said screw it and let Tim Kelly just be the dang play caller. Not just give him the title of OC. It would either be more of the same or better. Only one way to find out. Oh well. Here's hoping for a competitive game.

I like to see a pass play called to start the game, unless the Saints come out with cover 2.
What do you guys think?

Honestly, I wish OB would have just said screw it and let Tim Kelly just be the dang play caller. Not just give him the title of OC. It would either be more of the same or better. Only one way to find out. Oh well. Here's hoping for a competitive game.

OB's playbook:

Duke Johnson up the middle
More Duke Johnson up the middle
Throw one to Hopkins
WR screen to whomever
Punt
Field goal

Ugh Spencer Tillman .… That guy makes me want to kick puppies.
I'm in 3 fantasy leagues this year. Kinda hate it. Cant keep track. All three leagues coming down to tonight. Up against hopkins in two leagues, the other one fuller and Duke
I'm in two. Started Russell Wilson in one (sat Watson :eek:) Starting Watson in the other. I need 35 pts from Watson, Will Fuller, Kamara and J.Cook.

You know I'm hoping for a shootout. :D

Well it's not like you had sammy watkins and lamar jackson on your bench. Not me but a buddy of mine beat himself up all day over that.
I'm close. I could have started Philip Rivers (29pts) over Watson. If I had all I'd need would be two FGs from Fairbairn.

I've got Saints 34 and Texans 27.

I think the Texans will be a little discombobulated the first 2-4 drives and have to punt. Between these new guys trying to blend in and general rust, I think they may get off to a slow start.

Meanwhile, the Saints build a decent lead.

But, Watson and the gang start to put things together in the 2nd qtr and especially 2nd half and make it pretty close in the end - falling somewhere between 3-10 points short.

* Just hearing that Tytus Howard is on the inactive list. Interesting.

Can't wait. Just can't wait.

I'm sure I'm gonna be pissed as hell by the end of the game, but I don't care. I just want to see the Texans in action again.
Told my sweet wife that I have anticipated every opener since day one and they always come out flat...not expecting much from this one so maybe reverse psychology will work? Anyway beer is cold and dab is hot

Told my sweet wife that I have anticipated every opener since day one and they always come out flat...not expecting much from this one so maybe reverse psychology will work? Anyway beer is cold and dab is hot

I honestly don't know what to expect after all the sudden changes. I don't think the o-line will be jelled yet, I think that will take several more weeks at the least. But I'm looking forward to seeing our new o-line (hopefully) come together this year.

I got no clue to the defense, because it wasn't a large concern of mine. Protecting Watson was foremost on my mind during the offseason.

I was thinking Watson will have a great year, stat-wise.

But now, without Luck and Foles (that's 4 games.)

I've no idea how things will turn out.

I honestly don't know what to expect after all the sudden changes. I don't think the o-line will be jelled yet, I think that will take several more weeks at the least. But I'm looking forward to seeing our new o-line (hopefully) come together this year.

I got no clue to the defense, because it wasn't a large concern of mine. Protecting Watson was foremost on my mind during the offseason.
I expect improved online play from snap one. Crazy I know but our “leaders” put us in this position.

Guess I better turn the TV on now and find where the frigging antenna has to be placed this time. As opposed to the last time, or the time before that.

I miss cable, but not enough to pay for it.

I'm the same way, got an antenna a couple years ago and haven't looked back. My parents have playstation vue but never use their ESPN login. So I use their login. I enjoy saving $50+ a month when all I watch are sports anyways. The rest (news, weather etc) I can get either via the internet or netflix.

I'm the same way, got an antenna a couple years ago and haven't looked back. My parents have playstation vue but never use their ESPN login. So I use their login. I enjoy saving $50+ a month when all I watch are sports anyways. The rest (news, weather etc) I can get either via the internet or netflix.

I get all the TV and movies I could possibly want from Netflix and Amazon. I cut the cable several years ago myself, and have enjoyed the savings since.

So its on Ch13 and ESPN?

All NFL games have to be on a broadcast channel for the teams involved. So if you in either Houston or New Orleans you can get it on a broadcast channel. Unless it's changed or you have another access package, you can't get it on broadcast outside of the two teams involved.

At least that's how it used to work. Don't know if it's still the same.

Back