Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 1...Monday Night Football...New Orleans Saints!

And which ob picture is it again?

adobe_20190902_203544-jpg.636457

I told y'all what happened and y'all didn't want to believe.

I was as guilty as some throwing off threads and there is little to no moderation. He finally said scerew this and moved on.

Our loss

With an improved OL the run game should improve by the 2nd half of the yr.
Ill believe the O-line in improved once I witness it. If it does improve we may not witness it till our season is more or less over. With our schedule being what it is we need to witness obvious improvement long before the bye week.

Drew Brees has 11,457 more passing yards than anyone who's ever thrown a pass in the history of the Texans combined.

Reactions: ROO
am I in saints' fourm? most of people here lovesto see texnas lose or say they will lose.
Texans 27 Saints 24

No …. This aint the Aints forum.

No …. we don't love to see the Texans lose.

We've just been let down so many times over the years that we expect it.

Worse for me cause my father in law is an Aints Fan and every time they beat the Texans I get to hear about it for a whole damn year. I wish they still had bags on their heads - all I had to say was How bout them Aints and he'd melt down.

Haven't read the whole thread.

Has it been mentioned that: The New Orleans Saints have announced that both defensive end Mario Edwards Jr. and defensive lineman Sheldon Rankins are OUT for the season opener against the Texans.

Will this impact the game?

:coffee:

Anything that works in favor of our o-line is probably a good thing. I believe our newly reorged o-line needs more time to get their act together. When they do, we should have a better line than last year.

Good morning football fans!
The Texans regular season starts just over 12 hours from now. Football is finally back.
I hope the Texans can at least keep up with Drew and the Saints.
I believe the Texans will do a little bit more then that and win the game in a close shoot out.

GIT'R DONE!

GO TEXANS!!!

When they named an OC, nobody thought it was going to be any different. Don’t know why anyone is surprised now.

This is what I don't understand either. When he named him OC we all said it was in name only and BoB would still be the play caller. Frankly I didn't expect them to admit it and him just to tell the kid "Call play X" during the game and use him as a messenger.

Someone gimme 3 reasons we beat the Saints.

That's a superbowl caliber team (who should have probably gone the last 2 years) and I don't think we are there yet.

Could the Texans overcome the Saints with do everything BOB in charge
1. Speedy receivers need to catch the ball
2. No dumb penalties
3. We need to win turnover battle +3 at least
4. Win special team battle
5. Get all the breaks
6. Good play calling
Based on above I see a blow out but there is a chance.

Much improved, maybe, I see in this order
- DW4 Maturation
- Better Oline play, end of year DW had guys at his feet and edge pressure
- Tim Kelly and his game plan and play calling
- Healthy and deep wide receivers (end of year we had nothing left)
- More mature TE's that can go out on routes
- Deeper RB class

Defensively, RAC will have to scheme and get his guys to play assignment football. Maybe we can actually do some man coverage. Assume defensively we will take a step back, but maybe the O can get some leads and make people one dimensional

Again, new identity needed as Watt ages and DW4 matures. Offense becomes heart and soul of the team??
When did OB say he was turning over game planning and play calling duties to Kelly?
What makes you think that a rookie OC is going to be all that much better than what we've seen from OB?
Are you expecting much improved OL play in week one with a brand new LT and rookie LG?

When did OB say he was turning over game planning and play calling duties to Kelly?
What makes you think that a rookie OC is going to be all that much better than what we've seen from OB?
Are you expecting much improved OL play in week one with a brand new LT and rookie LG?
@DocBar

I was hoping he was turning over duties, I know he never said it, but a 1 year pizza delivery boy OC for the Cowboys called a nice game. I was "hoping" he was so busy he would trust the guys he had in place. Hope is not a strategy though, so I was proven wrong.

Agree, oline needs to gel, but the talent is much improved so there is a chance, but indeed week 1 is probably too much to ask. I was giving more reasons of why to be hopeful this year

@DocBar

I was hoping he was turning over duties, I know he never said it, but a 1 year pizza delivery boy OC for the Cowboys called a nice game. I was "hoping" he was so busy he would trust the guys he had in place. Hope is not a strategy though, so I was proven wrong.

Agree, oline needs to gel, but the talent is much improved so there is a chance, but indeed week 1 is probably too much to ask. I was giving more reasons of why to be hopeful this year

You bring up a valid point. You would think that a HC acting as a GM wouldn’t have time to be an OC.

I'm still going to give O'Brien a chance.
Hopefully, he'd learned to design a better scheme to free up the receivers.
If I see that, I will root for him to succeed.
It's not good for the organization to keep replacing HCs.
A late bloomer, maybe he is.

On Monday, September 9th at 6:10 pm CST, Your Houston Texans will be in New Orleans to take on the New Orleans Saints at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The game will be aired on TV on ESPN and on KILT AM Sports Radio 610.

This should be a fun game to kick off the Texans season on Monday Night Football in Prime Time. I'm fully expecting a high flying, high scoring affair. I don't think O'Brien is going to go into this game with a conservative game plan. I think he's going to try to get off to a fast start in this one and score first. We shall see.

Texans 37
Saints 30

Go Texans!
I dig your enthusiasm and hope you are right but barring a miracle resurgence for our O, I believe it will take time to really gel.
Our Dline I think will be better than some here believe bit our secondary may be a bit suspect - and Brees is just the type of qb to find the holes.
NO has a more settled O with a potent running game so beating them at MBS would be really exciting indeed.

Ok Texans fans, I'm going to bed (+7 Hrs) so I can get up at 0400 and catch the tail-end of this game. I'd sure like a duplicate of my Astros game dream a couple of weeks back. Dreamed the Astros had won 13-3 only to wake up and find they had won 13-1 or something strangely close b/c I said, "wow" when I woke up and saw the score. My wife woke up and asked what I saying and I told her about the dream I had.....then showed her the score. Strange but cool.

I'm really going to hope that OB has watched all the film of Watson's first seven games and how the adjusted gameplan made both Watson and the OL look like a championship caliber group. Go back to that OB and with this OL and weapons, you could have a field day in New Orleans.

GO TEXANS.....YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

On Monday, September 9th at 6:10 pm CST, Your Houston Texans will be in New Orleans to take on the New Orleans Saints at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The game will be aired on TV on ESPN and on KILT AM Sports Radio 610.

This should be a fun game to kick off the Texans season on Monday Night Football in Prime Time. I'm fully expecting a high flying, high scoring affair. I don't think O'Brien is going to go into this game with a conservative game plan. I think he's going to try to get off to a fast start in this one and score first. We shall see.

Texans 37
Saints 30

Go Texans!
I dig your enthusiasm and hope you are right but barring a miracle resurgence for our O, I believe it will take time to really gel.
Our Dline I think will be better than some here believe bit our secondary may be a bit suspect - and Brees is just the type of qb to find the holes.
NO has a more settled O with a potent running game so beating them at MBS would be really exciting indeed.
Come on Texans lets show up today. Lets get it.
To have any hope in this game they need to jump NO from the get go. If they do, it could set the tone for the season. No slow start. If they let the Saints skip away to a 20 point lead then it's curtains.

True, OB isn't exactly the "give up control" type.

I'm sure Kelly could be more creative.

Yes, the LT is used to running a similar offense and just had to learn terminology (his words). The rookie LG (and who knows rookie RG/RT) are the concern in the loud Superdome. Here's hoping we stay under 3 false starts and minimize missed assignments.

I'm concerned with:

- Pass rush, now that Clowney is no longer a threat opposite JJ.
- Our revamped secondary
- Our running game, behind a guy who hasn't played a PS snap.

I'm still going to give O'Brien a chance.
Hopefully, he'd learned to design a better scheme to free up the receivers.
If I see that, I will root for him to succeed.
It's not good for the organization to keep replacing HCs.
A late bloomer, maybe he is.

With the plethora of weapons at his disposal you can best believe he will open up the playbook. He did it against the Patriots and Seahawks when he had a healthy Fuller.

Back