Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOB said:
We have to get better quickly in all areas. We have to coach better. We have to design plays that suit our QB better. We have to draft better. We have to trade away our best players better. Easterby has to smile better. We have to convince the owners to place their ignorant trust in a complete moron like me better.

If he is fired...we have 1-2 years of crap. A new HC is going to change things around and then need players (with no high picks again)...

Either way is a cluster F
Saw this answer years ago. If we had done it then we would not have lost draft choices, players, and cap space, everything we need to rebuild this team.
Lost because it wasn't done. BO'b can **** this franchise up more. Look what he did in ONE year.

This is the only thread that really matters because as long as he is here the Texans will not get any better but the whole franchise will continue to decline. In the shape it is in now the Texans will have a hard time getting a real GM. **** maybe this is B'Ob's plans. Bankrupt the team until no one else will want to take his jobs. He is doing a damn good job at doing this. No real cap space and draft choices to improve team. Old and broken down receivers and RB's just for an example.

The receivers are broken down?

I thought I saw them all out there at different times.

Saw this answer years ago. If we had done it then we would not have lost draft choices, players, and cap space, everything we need to rebuild this team.
Lost because it wasn't done. BO'b can **** this franchise up more. Look what he did in ONE year.

So this team is in need of a complete re-build? IYO

The only reason this game was a blowout instead of a shootout was Bill OBrien. If we punt it there at our own 30 yard line, this entire game remains manageable beyond half time, and gives us a chance to win.

Without that Baltimore plays this game different. We play this game different. This wasn’t a 50/50 game. We were outmatched, outmanned, outgunned, & if Harbaugh didn’t call that TO in the 4th, thouroughly outcoached.

How about the personnel?

I would be totally on board with a full house cleaning. It's probably going to happen in a couple of yrs anyways. This isn't a championship level coaching staff or roster even if you had Belichick coaching them. Hopefully BOB is watching how BOB is using Cam tonight.
If we get a new head coach and GM at least I will have Hope of change and improvement. Right now my only hope is BOB doesn't screw the Texans more by giving up more draft choices, cap space and players.

Last edited:
I’ve been preaching the fire OB after his first season. I’ve wanted to do full and mini tear-downs since RS and OB became an unwanted tandem.

Now, with open eyes anyone can see RS wasn’t OB’s reason for mediocrity or failures. RS was a failure in his own right. OB has proven that without RS around....he’s been the reason for his own failures as a HC/OC.

Now he’s put his same crappy stamp on this team as GM. His inability to be an NFL HC is still firing SOS flares 2 games into year seven. Now he’s giving Kelly the Godsey treatment....OC title on paper only. Kelly is nothing more than a OB mouthpiece.

This should stop but the McNair’s seem hail bent on letting it continue. 2021 & 2022 will show fans just how far this organization has been brought down by the smartest man in the room and his mentor, Isaiah Thomas- former NY Knicks GM.

The least qualified, least tenured, least successful, least prepared and least liked coach during the Patriots' great run inherited a team that produced 9 ProBowlers - including the DMVP (I don't mention wins to stifle a single poster) from the year before. He gets saddled with an epic franchise quarterback that by all accounts he didn't want. He's removed all but the two remaining "untouchables" - Watson and Watt. He has no coaching tree, undermines everyone brought in to do it himself, and there seem to be quite a few offensive and special teams firings each year. Thankfully we have Romeo, who (maybe it's my imagination) had a new staff every year. Every position group is worse than what he inherited, and declining since. Decisions like going for it on 4th down in the first quarter in your own territory, but punting when down late in the 4th quarter are commonplace. The commentators tried to sugarcoat his failings with "he's trying to balance talent and the cap" as if that's some grand concept.

But hey, let's keep acting like this is new.

This isn't a championship level coaching staff or roster even if you had Belichick coaching them.

When watching KC or Baltimore cross our 30 yard line, I concede a TD. I know we can't stop them. I was truly surprised we held Baltimore to field goals when we did.

When we cross the opponents 30, I'm equally surprised when we score TDs.

I doubt many teams fear our offensive scoring. If they don't beat themselves they're in good shape.

Luckily the two teams who don't beat themselves are behind us.

The least qualified, least tenured, least successful, least prepared and least liked coach during the Patriots' great run inherited a team that produced 9 ProBowlers - including the DMVP (I don't mention wins to stifle a single poster) from the year before. He gets saddled with an epic franchise quarterback that by all accounts he didn't want. He's removed all but the two remaining "untouchables" - Watson and Watt. He has no coaching tree, undermines everyone brought in to do it himself, and there seem to be quite a few offensive and special teams firings each year. Thankfully we have Romeo, who (maybe it's my imagination) had a new staff every year. Every position group is worse than what he inherited, and declining since. Decisions like going for it on 4th down in the first quarter in your own territory, but punting when down late in the 4th quarter are commonplace. The commentators tried to sugarcoat his failings with "he's trying to balance talent and the cap" as if that's some grand concept.

But hey, let's keep acting like this is new.
I totally agree with this assessment. The current state of things with this team is atrocious. It's not just about the first 2 losses, the success (W-L record) of OB's Texans never instilled confidence that his teams have been anything more than avg at best. Perhaps they could get better but I wonder why anyone would ever think so? IMO, the way they play has always looked like no intended plan, just an opportunistic team without true direction other than "go get'em". But OB is successful and its not related to the product on the field. He has taken full advantage of his environment which enabled him to be in his current positions within the organization. Any bad decisions made as a GM is partly the ownership's responsibility for giving him that authority. Plus with the effects of the pandemic hitting the McNair's NFL pocket, it would seem they would be unlikely to endure OB's salary if he were let go. I'm not anti-OB, I just don't think he is NFL HC caliber and definitely not GM capable. The Texans should just take their medicine now and move on.

How about the personnel?

I would be totally on board with a full house cleaning. It's probably going to happen in a couple of yrs anyways. This isn't a championship level coaching staff or roster even if you had Belichick coaching them. Hopefully BOB is watching how BOB is using Cam tonight.

You highly undervalue Belichick. He took a "broken down" Cam, alot of his defense opted out of the season... but they still look good this season. Almost beat arguably the best team in the NFC yesterday. IMO, we are instantly a contender w/ Belichick here.

Texans lost again! Oh well, didn't even watch.. **** is that a political statement.. don't even know anymore with this board and these Mods.

What's to know? The rules can't be more simple: don't attack other posters, and no cussin'/politics/religion.

If there are any concerns about mods, please bring them to either Hookem or myself and we will address accordingly.

We value our members, and we want a place to post our thoughts and opinions about this franchise.

Right now, fans need a place to vent their frustrations more than ever. It seems to help a little with the eternal hopelessness that this organization inspires. . .

I know some people will disagree with this, but it is my firm belief that the most valuable commodity in all of sports is a player on his rookie contract that wildly outperforms that contract. Think Mahomes (until his 10 year deal) and Jackson. Think JJ Watt before 2016. O'Brien said the heck with all that; give me a 29 year old broken down running back on a horrible contract and a second round pick which I'll essentially trade for a WR that has concussion concerns. And I'll give away the best WR in the game because I don't like the way he lives his life.

Bill O'Brien the HC deserves Bill O'Brien the GM. I don't know what we did to deserve both of them.

Well OB....your locker room cancer has done done well in Arizona. I stated that the Cardinals offense was going to be a great fit for DHop and today we hear, that DHops 22 receptions in his first 2 games, is the best production of a receiver after changing teams in the HISTORY of the NFL!!!!! Guys on NFL Radio played those numbers out to 176 receptions in his first season with the Cardinals and Murray. Man, I'm so happy that that cancer is giving the production to the Cardinals versus the Texans. Texans and OB feel like that type of production wasn't good for team morale.

They have $194,465,143 committed to 38 contracts for 2021 with the projected cap being $175m.
Chip Kelly and Bill O'Brien should be the poster children for not allowing your HC to have control of personnel. Never has so much control been given two HCs who didn't deserve it.

Being an NFL HC is tough. If you hire a rookie HC, it takes minimum two years of OJT. I've never understood the poster(s) who think O'Brien should have control of personnel from the time he was hired. Shoot, the jury is still out on the guy being able to field an effective NFL offense. What on earth makes them think he would be any better with personnel?

It's really a case study for NFL owners and GMs. Unfortunately, we are seeing the ramifications of this failed experiment in real time.

Last edited:
You highly undervalue Belichick. He took a "broken down" Cam, alot of his defense opted out of the season... but they still look good this season. Almost beat arguably the best team in the NFC yesterday. IMO, we are instantly a contender w/ Belichick here.

Doubtful because many of the players on the Pats wouldn't be considered Texans worthy.

But yes, Belichick is a GOAT.

Well OB....your locker room cancer has done done well in Arizona. I stated that the Cardinals offense was going to be a great fit for DHop and today we hear, that DHops 22 receptions in his first 2 games, is the best production of a receiver after changing teams in the HISTORY of the NFL!!!!! Guys on NFL Radio played those numbers out to 176 receptions in his first season with the Cardinals and Murray. Man, I'm so happy that that cancer is giving the production to the Cardinals versus the Texans. Texans and OB feel like that type of production wasn't good for team morale.
"We're excited about where we're at, and we're excited about where we're headed," O'Brien said. :corrosion:

I know some people will disagree with this, but it is my firm belief that the most valuable commodity in all of sports is a player on his rookie contract that wildly outperforms that contract. Think Mahomes (until his 10 year deal) and Jackson. Think JJ Watt before 2016. O'Brien said the heck with all that; give me a 29 year old broken down running back on a horrible contract and a second round pick which I'll essentially trade for a WR that has concussion concerns. And I'll give away the best WR in the game because I don't like the way he lives his life.

Bill O'Brien the HC deserves Bill O'Brien the GM. I don't know what we did to deserve both of them.
NFL I'm going with QB that can use his skill set and natural abilities to lead his team and make players better. I don't care much what his contract is.

Goff got loads better with new coaches
Newton got loads better with new coaches
Tannehill got loads better with new coaches
There are plenty of examples of good qb’s getting way better with new coaches. OB isn’t playing to Watson’s strengths. He’s like Adam Gase. Considered a top coach with nothing in their history to show that to be true but for some reason teams like them.

There are plenty of examples of good qb’s getting way better with new coaches. OB isn’t playing to Watson’s strengths. He’s like Adam Gase. Considered a top coach with nothing in their history to show that to be true but for some reason teams like them.

Goff = True, We call this the Jeff Fisher effect.

Tannehill was always good on a bad team and often hurt. Now that he's with a better team he's looked better than DW4.

Cam was NFL MVP and made a SB under his old HC.

Also, many people forget that even though Darrell Bevel was the OC when the Seahawks made their Super Bowl appearances and by all accounts did a good job developing Wilson. In 2018, to the surprise of many, Pete Carroll fired him. Among the reasons:

"Carroll, who for most of his eight years with the Seahawks has professed it doesn’t matter in which quarter points are scored as long as Seattle ends up scoring more, finally seemed fed up this year with the team’s seemingly weekly slow starts.

Seattle never scored a touchdown on an opening drive this season and hasn’t since the third game of the 2016 season, a stretch of 29 straight regular season games (the Seahawks did score on their opening drive of the divisional playoff loss last year at Atlanta)."

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...-seahawks-fired-darrell-bevell-and-tom-cable/

Just a snapshot of Billy O in action as GM. Here are the top paid 5 offensive players on the Texans in 2020 (see link). Every one of these were signed by O'Brien & I guess Easterby (including the 5th year option of Fullers rookie contract worth 10m).

Watson --------- $29,354,246
Tunsil ----------- $23,850,000
David Johnson - $11,156,250
Fuller ----------- $10,162,000
Cobb ------------ $10,101,555

Total ------------ $84,624,051

Who thinks we are even close to getting our money's worth on the field & who thinks getting rid of Hopkins was really about money?

:thinking:

does that count now? I feel even better about the season now.

Not sure what you mean?

But losing to the Chiefs and Ravens is nothing to be ashamed about... it's the way we lost. The loses shows we're not even close to being an AFC contender. The best I was hoping for, before the season started, was "almost" wins against the Chiefs and Ravens. I'd be happy right now if we lost to the Chiefs & Ravens by less than 7.

The best I was hoping for, before the season started, was "almost" wins against the Chiefs and Ravens. I'd be happy right now if we lost to the Chiefs & Ravens by less than 7.
I had no expectations of being in the same league as KC & Baltimore to start the season. Absolutely nothing that happened since January supports that.

If we are going to close the gap, it’s going to happen between September & January.

Goff = True, We call this the Jeff Fisher effect.

Tannehill was always good on a bad team and often hurt. Now that he's with a better team he's looked better than DW4.

Cam was NFL MVP and made a SB under his old HC.
Tannehill was medicore at best before last season and carried through this year.

As good as Cam has played, he relied on athleticism. The Pats have him throwing the ball better than he ever has. It’s not even close.

I had no expectations of being in the same league as KC & Baltimore to start the season. Absolutely nothing that happened since January supports that.

If we are going to close the gap, it’s going to happen between September & January.
And the team made many changes to the offense leading up to this season. They started some time ago investing significantly in the OL making Tunsil the highest paid guy at his position, spending a first round pick on Howard etc... They also changed their passing philosophy by trading our QBs favorite target away in order to "open up" the passing game, with a more spread it around attack. Not to mention new running backs that were better receivers and on and on. This is a revamped offense if there ever was one. So it's not like they didn't try to get better in the offseason, it's just our HC/GM made it worse, not better.

I can't wait for this story to actually break .... I just can't be the one to do it.

I will say this - It wasn't OB who "didn't like the way he lives his life" ... when it comes out who that person was , the world will laugh at this franchise again.
Well if it wasn't OB it had to be someone with authority over OB. That's a pretty short list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back