Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, so far, the e-mail I sent to the Texans requesting Bill OBrien to be fired has gone unanswered. This is very disappointing, I thought the Texans cared about the fans.

LMAO, they care about the $$$$.

BTW, all of the whining in the world isn't going to get BOB fired anytime soon.

That's just reality knocking at the door. Some on here (Not You) need to learn coping mechanisms and this MB will become a better place.

Start with I hope the bottom falls out 2-14 since that's what it takes to get a HC fired down on Kirby.

Reactions: ROO
LMAO, they care about the $$$$.

BTW, all of the whining in the world isn't going to get BOB fired anytime soon.

That's just reality knocking at the door. Some on here (Not You) need to learn coping mechanisms and this MB will become a better place.

Start with I hope the bottom falls out 2-14 since that's what it takes to get a HC fired down on Kirby.

This forum IS a coping mechanism for fans.

So......in light of the latest news about O'Brien and his meeting with Hopkins....can we now expect him to be kicked to the curb? We need a Cal press conference STAT!

This forum IS a coping mechanism for fans.

It's not working for many.

I remember what you used to tell me when Smithiak was here. This is no different. There will be no championships as long as BOB or DW4 are here. Same as I said with Smithiak. Difference is I've learned to LOL at the McNair's org.

Right. HC aside, this is an NFL GENERAL MANAGER acting this way. How he survived that I’ll never know. And remember, this is the guy who wanted to cut Ryan Mallet on the spot and go into a game without a backup QB.

I know there’s a lot of “knee jerk” accusations from some going on around here, but the guy they’re defending is the king of knee jerk. This guy is too much of an emotional hot head to be an NFL GM. Never mind the complete lack of the ability to evaluate talent that he’s shown since he got here 7 years ago.

There is a reason he got the nickname "teapot". Its because he has zero emotional control of himself. He's too much of a hot head to be a good head coach at the NFL level. Why on earth ANYONE in the org saw this emotionally compromised man as a GM I'lll never know.

Good luck in FA Texans

The Texans org doesn't spend $$$$ in FA anyways, so this doesn't matter.

BTW, Who does Braxton Miller play for?

Why do his thoughts on the HC that cut him matter? Oh that's right they dont.

Reasons to FIRE Bill O'Brien.

Kennth L
1. Demanding that Brian Gaine be the GM to only overthrow him months later.
2. Never winning a divisional playoff game.
3. These trades. Especially the fact that we did not receive a first round pick for either Clowney or Hopkins.
4. The inability to control the game, extend the lead, or dominate inferior opponents.
5. The caging of Deshaun Watson.
6. The handling of Jadeveon Clowney, Duane Brown, A.J. Bouye, and now DeAndre Hopkins (am I forgetting anyone?).
7. The inability to build an offensive line. And the investment we’ve made into the offensive line.
8. The embarrassing playoff losses.
9. The lack of delegation. The OC hasn’t called plays. Several of his assistants are now head coaches in the league. Romeo Crennel staying past his time. He did bring in and revitalize the special teams, but overall a general lack of organizational structure.
10. For wasting Watt’s career.
11. That ugly chin.
12. For making Hard Kocks below average.
13. His press conferences.
14. For constantly watching teams trade in front of us.
15. For making me question my entire fandom of this franchise.

Mike
10. Not having the team ready to go on Sunday due to messing with the game plan on Friday
9. Not having a play ready for 4th and 1... or any other down & distance for that matter
8. Continually slamming (insert running back here) into the A-Gap so predictably people who don’t understand football expect it
7. Constant clock mismanagement - Pop Warner coaches do it better
6. Failure to sign and empower a quality offensive coordinator
5. Wasting the prime years of J.J. Watt’s career
4. Going all in on a long line of 2nd string quarterbacks (Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tom Savage, [NAME REDACTED], Ryan Mallet)
3. Wasting an entire preseason and training camp with Tom Savage instead of giving Deshaun Watson reps, only to pull Savage 5 seconds into the first game
2. Paying Jadeveon Clowney to leave
1. Giving DeAndre Hopkins away for a bloated contract on a poor man’s
Duke Johnson[/QUOTE]

Carlos
1. Accountability (or lack thereof)
2. “It’s on me”. Each time this phrase is spoken, it’s like nails on a chalkboard.
3. The “you suck too!” debacle.
4. The trades. Jadeveon Clowney, DeAndre Hopkins, Duane Brown. All of them.
5. Wasting the majority of Deshaun Watson’s rookie contract.
6. CHUMing the offense to death.
7. Blowing a 24 point lead.
8. His clock management.
9. Starting Tom Savage over Deshaun Watson for even a second.
10. Accomplishing the hostile takeover of this franchise, then burning it to the ground.

Weston
1. His game plan against Indianapolis in the 2018 WIldcard
2. The 4th and 1 field goal in the Divisional Round against Kansas City
3. The fake punt against Kansas City
4. Every “I have to do better” press conference monologue without ever doing better
5. The fact that, as being touted as an offensive head coach, he’s had one season with a positive offensive DVOA in his six seasons as a head coach
6. The constant running on first down, the sick play action passing game, the inability to scheme players open, the lack of hot options in the passing offense, the constant struggles against the blitz
7. The botching of the Jadeveon Clowney situation, and the events that led not only to the Jadeveon Clowney trade, but to the package they received for him
8. The DeAndre Hopkins trade
9. Moving Julien Davenport to right tackle and starting Martinas Rankin at left tackle when Seantrel Henderson snapped his ankle in week one, ruining Houston’s even dubious ability to protect the quarterback in 2018
10. The Matt Kalil signing, which led to the Laremy Tunsil trade, which played a part in the Hopkins trade

The recent happenings whether true, partial or not are too much. I don't know what would be worse:

A. Continuing this circus with OB to see how the year turns out; truly SB or bust. OB has shown no credibility in managing games nor personnel.
or
B. Fire OB immediately, adjust to already being the laughing stock of the NFL realm AND having to find a coach and GM who will demand longer time to overcome OB's buffoonery.

Ya know, I'm now going with the theory that BOB did not want a HUGE haul for D Hop. BOB didnt want a couple first rounders.

As spiteful and small as he is I think he is doing this on purpose to show the player. "see you weren't worth much, just a 2nd and and a 4th"

Ya know, I'm now going with the theory that BOB did not want a HUGE haul for D Hop. BOB didnt want a couple first rounders.

As spiteful and small as he is I think he is doing this on purpose to show the player. "see you weren't worth much, just a 2nd and and a 4th"

Because that's the best deal he could get.

I expect nothing less than an apology from BOB and his prompt replacement. I’ll be waiting for awhile, so I may just bow out from my Texans fandom till that happens. The drama is this situation will undoubtedly draw me back in, but my money will be spent elsewhere (toilet paper, lulz).

Why the hell would he apologize for a trade he wanted to make?

Why the hell would he apologize for a trade he wanted to make?
To clarify he needs to apologize for his demeanor and treatment towards his players, not to mention his overall buffoonery and obsession with consolidation of power that has and will continue to drive this franchise into the ground. Not to mention what appears to be soft racism or complete lack of both self and cultural awareness.

BOB’s apology and firing/ resignation should be swiftly followed by Cal McNair kissing our collective asses for orchestrating the last couple of years of this mess and his utter lack of interest in owning a franchise that should be the pride of the city but is instead barreling towards laughing stock of the NFL. The “arrow” for this franchise is pointing towards the ground with Cal McNair square in the crosshairs of liability.

Last edited:
To clarify he needs to apologize for his demeanor and treatment towards his players, not to mention his overall buffoonery and obsession with consolidation of power that has and will continue to drive this franchise into the ground. Not to mention what appears to be soft racism or complete lack of both self and cultural awareness.

BOB’s apology and firing/ resignation should be swiftly followed by Cal McNair kissing our collective asses for orchestrating the last couple of years of this mess and his utter lack of interest in owning a franchise that should be the pride of the city but is instead barreling towards laughing stock of the NFL. The “arrow” for this franchise is pointing towards the ground with Cal McNair square in the crosshairs of liability.

So in other words he should kowtow to the snowflakes.

I dont like the trade and think he should've been fired after 51-7. But I hope your post never happens.

We need to keep the rage going. If it eases off, they will be saying "See, it is just a kneejerk reaction and will soon pass."
Only thing to do is to boycott the games.

Reactions: ROO
So in other words he should kowtow to the snowflakes.

I dont like the trade and think he should've been fired after 51-7. But I hope your post never happens.

The guy is a cancer. No need to kowtow to snowflakes, this is just common sense. Cut out the cancer, admit his tenure was a mistake and move on. None of what I said is likely to happen, mostly because the owner is disengaged and has given up control of his team to BOB. So here we are with chickens coming home to roost, the team likely in disarray and looking like a joke. And this isn't a knee jerk response to the Hopkins trade, this is taking a step back and looking at the cumulative events of the last few years. From Smith to Gaine, what happened with Olsen, to the jettisoning of superior talent in Clowney and Hopkins over petty grievances (at best) because BOB is in over his head and out of control.

People can disagree with my specific take on this, that's fine. But you know BOB needs to go and needs to go now. The longer he stays the longer it will take to dig the franchise out of the hole it's in.

I’ve mentioned that I used to have a friend that worked for the team. I’ll give you 3 guesses as to the major reason he is no longer with the team

1. Rick Smith
2. The ghost of Rick Smith
3. Anything else but BOB.

And looking back, "alignment" wasn't about getting the talent to fit BOB's scheme (have we seen it yet?), it was about getting rid of the talent that didn't kowtow - to use steelb's word - to BOB's perceived notion of how to run a team. And now that BOB has the power of the GM and the cap guys are the last firewall to save the team from BOB you see they are now being let go or want to get out.

When is Blustering Bill going to make a public comment about all this ****?

Sounds like public comments are not allowed at the moment.

"I was hoping to write about Texans transactions and acquisitions today, but the NFL has decreed that Club media (which is what this is a part of) can't confirm signings or trades. Physicals still need to be passed and it's a bit of an issue to fly people around the country right now. We can't announce that they've 'agreed to terms' either."

"We have a whole staff of outstanding media pros with gobs of compelling content on new and returning players and we're eager to show it to you. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait."

ETegANlXgAEy315

The Hopkins trade reminds me alot of when AJ was let go and the fans reaction.

The world didn't end then and it won't end now.
To me it is a little different. Its not just texans fans going WTF it people all over going WTF.

Plus DHop is still in his prime unlike AJ.

And you are right the world didnt end. Its not ending. But bill made it tougher for a super bowl run ...i know wait for the draft. But whats bills draft record?

Last edited:
To me it is a little different. Its not just texsn fans going WTF it people all over going WTF.

Plus DHop is still in his prime unlike AJ.

And you are right the world didnt end. Its not ending. But bill made it tougher for a super bowl run ...i know what for the draft. But whats bills draft record?

Naw buddy Watson wasn’t going to win a Super Bowl with Nuk anyways. He was too big of a safety net and had to be removed.

Lol you’re spot on.

Last edited:

There’s a flip side to free agency. Some teams have seen a lot of talent walk out the door. Others have made some signings that everyone knows won’t work out. And for some truly unfortunate fans, Bill O’Brien is running their franchise.

Houston Texans
The Texans have gotten so bad at everything that someone leaked that DeAndre Hopkins was seeking $18 million-20 million per season to presumably make him look greedy and their instantly infamous trade look better ... and most right-minded people figured out that $18 million-20 million for Hopkins was totally fair, making a horrible trade look even worse. The Texans can’t even sling mud without screwing it up. Not to mention Michael Irvin’s claims about Bill O’Brien’s comments to Hopkins before he was traded. Sorry Texans fans, by the time ownership comes out of hibernation and figures out that giving O’Brien endless power over the organization was a bad idea, the franchise will be set back by years. Poor Deshaun Watson. He deserves better. So do all Texans fans.

It's from clutchfans so take it with a grain of salt, but he's "in the know" of things

Just wanted to pass along a fun story from "inside the building" the past couple days.

After trading Hopkins, BOB turned his attention to Darius Slay. Had a contract in place for Will Parks but Parks backed out after talking with former Texan. So Texans turned attention to trades for secondary help.

Deal was being discussed as the Texans 2nd and 6th rounders this year and the Arizona 4th next season for Slay. The Texans were yet again prepared to do the trade without an extension in place for Slay. This is where the "meeting" occurred between Cal and BOB happened yesterday.

Apparently, Cal and Bill together agreed it best not to do the trade for Slay after the backlash they have been getting for Hopkins, which Cal was not 100% aware of before it happened. He was aware talks were being had. That is all.

There have been 3 free agents that were in contract negotiations with Houston that have since gone in other directions due to the Hopkins deal. Belief within the league and amongst personnel people is BOB has turned his team into the laughing stock of the league.

Just as an FYI, the team on Kirby lives in a bubble. They believe they are the top dog in Houston and firmly believe they are on the right track. Heed this as a warning, even if BOB were to flounder this year and get fired, the next hire will not be much better.

This all stems from the top down. This is a failure by the McNairs to understand the need for a real football operations person in the building.

This will get worse. Just keep in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back