Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been watching the past three seasons because of Watson and despite O'Brien. No more. I'll be back when O'Brien is gone.

And you can hasten my self-exile if you like, but I'm just going to say the truth here - if you've been one of those posters on the side of O'Brien and/or against Watson, you're a complete fkn idiot and I hope the impending debacle over the next however many seasons puts a lick of sense in your dumb ass.

I'm out.

tenor.gif

We have to take our anger and frustrations directly to NRG Stadium or to social media! That’s the only way our voices will be heard.

Seriously. Boycott this team until moves are made that show us, the fans, the respect we should be getting. Respect, as in, an organization that puts it’s best foot forward to try to bring a title to this city. We’ve given so much support for a team that has owners/GMs/coaches that simply do not seem to give a s%*#.

Maybe BOB is genuinely trying his best to win games, but he’s clearly a moron, and what he thinks is best is not beneficial to this team. He’s made several moves, from coaching decisions to GM decisions, that have been head scratchers, but THIS MOVE today is indefensible. The fact that no one in the front office or ownership checked him on this decision says it all. This team needs to clean house. I don’t know how many of you feel this way, but I’m done until there’s new leadership. I want what’s best for this team, so I feel that supporting them at this time is condoning mediocrity, carelessness, and stupidity.
The OP was just being kind when he said it was indefensible. We need a real boycott, not only from the standpoint of fans, but also as walk on tryouts as players, because they're going to need them after they give away all the decent professionals.

That said, is there anybody besides me who avoids the error of putting an apostrophe in the possessive pronoun its?

I hear ya. I checked out a few years ago and haven't really missed it. I catch a game here and there and watch the playoffs, but I enjoy watching more competent teams play than the Texans. They aren't cursed, just stupid with the way they piss away potential in their star players. I won't be the least bit surprised to see Watson traded in the next year either. BOB is a hardheaded guy who won't adjust to other people, it's his way or the highway, and we're seeing the worst of it now.

Last edited:
I was all set to sell my tickets following that ass-whipping we received after being up 24-0. I called the ticket office to find out how to sell my PSL's and told them it was because the coach was incompetent. After I cooled off, I decided to keep them and now that (insert your own expletive of choice) pulls this. When I pay that every month, my language is going to sound like BO talking to fans in the tunnel. It's a piss-poor feeling knowing I'm paying part of BO's unearned salary.

I stopped being emotional with strong care for the Texans somewhere in the Kubiak era. Picked it back up once OB got hired, but it didn't last that long especially after seeing him and Rick Smith together as Smith was still a bad GM. Texans repeated that type of hiring mistake again and then brought in Gaine. Gaine barely lasts, and OB hijacks the organization and has been a train wreck ever since.

Texans are what they are. A bad franchise. Maybe one of these days they'll get lucky and hire a great GM/HC combo, but the likelihood of that is so low with the McNair family.

Yeah here’s the problem, pretty much everyone you are talking to is already basically boycotting the team, or at least not spending near the time and money on it. It’s not the 50 or so people on this board that you need to reach it’s the 50k that are just there for tailgate and the experience. Long as the keep paying why should Texans care what we say?

Seriously. Boycott this team until moves are made that show us, the fans, the respect we should be getting. Respect, as in, an organization that puts it’s best foot forward to try to bring a title to this city. We’ve given so much support for a team that has owners/GMs/coaches that simply do not seem to give a s%*#.

Maybe BOB is genuinely trying his best to win games, but he’s clearly a moron, and what he thinks is best is not beneficial to this team. He’s made several moves, from coaching decisions to GM decisions, that have been head scratchers, but THIS MOVE today is indefensible. The fact that no one in the front office or ownership checked him on this decision says it all. This team needs to clean house. I don’t know how many of you feel this way, but I’m done until there’s new leadership. I want what’s best for this team, so I feel that supporting them at this time is condoning mediocrity, carelessness, and stupidity.

We have already been through this.

Boycotting does not work with PSL's

I still have other teams to root for, like the Steelers and maybe Raiders. I can’t buy other team’s merchandise though because I still like the Texans. I’ll probably do something productive on Sundays though unless the game is on Thursday or Monday.

I wish I could be "out"... but the Texans are in my blood just too damn much. I'll be watching next season and hope BOB is simply smarter than everyone else in the world.
You can still be out. If you have a family member who won't control their mental/emotional illness behaviors (like the ever-colicky, red faced O'Brien), you can love them from afar and return to loving them in person once they get dedicated to treatment or have their tumor removed.

After today's trade, I really think this will turn into a Chip Kelly and the Eagles type of situation.
  • College coach with a reputation as a offensive guru gets hired
  • Coach gets into power struggle with GM
  • Coach gains personnel power
  • Coach gets rid of talented players
  • Team eventually has a losing record and coach gets fired
Making O'Brien the GM might be how we get rid of him. Patience, grasshopper.

Absolutely couldn’t fathom giving any more than a passing thought about this franchise at this point.

I attempted to catch some of the games last year.

This season I will be doing my best to completely avoid them.

The Texans and OB are now officially a train wreck. Although I did a few times with the Oilers, I have never wished for the Texans to lose. Now that seems to be the only way we will ever get rid of OB is to have at least one and maybe two really freaking horrid seasons.

They will lose because he’s getting rid of all the damn talent and getting nothing back for it. So I guess, patience?

Maybe so, but the media/player reactions and the fallout from merchandise sales due to pi$$ed fans HAVE to be accounted for. A trade of this caliber has to cause waves that even a oblivious man such as Cal will feel.

Cal signed off on this.

He didn't want to redo Nuk's contract.

We're going to win 12 games next year.

No idea how. But we're going to win 12 games next year.

I doubt we'll get past the divisional round, but y'know.

We're going to win 12 games next year.

No idea how. But we're going to win 12 games next year.

I doubt we'll get past the divisional round, but y'know.

You're just talking crazy for the hell of it. Lol!

They simply don't have the draft picks or the cap room to fill all of the holes once Watson and Tunsil are signed.

Worst negotiator ever.

Oz.
Clowney.
Hopkins.

Alone, these trades aren't worse then the Hershel trade. Collectively they are. Furthermore, they prove this isnt just some impulse. It is instead, chronic unbridled stupidity.

Worst negotiator ever.

Oz.
Clowney.
Hopkins.

Alone, these trades aren't worse then the Hershel trade. Collectively they are. Furthermore, they prove this isnt just some impulse. It is instead, chronic unbridled stupidity.
O'Brien wasn't the GM in the Osweiler. But, he did force the trade. So yeah, give him credit for that, too.

I still can’t wrap my head around this. Its unbelievable.

The difference is Nuk wants an extension.

Diggs is under contract and isn't asking for an extension.

I would've held onto Nuk and told him to wear his big boy pants if that's all I could get for him in a trade.

Well I will still be a fan, sure these moves are dumb and I can't understand them to save my life..... However I have always been 100% Texans and I will remain that way no matter how big of a laughing stock they become due to ass chin. Kind of like our children, no matter how bad they **** up or the dumb choices they make, they are still ours. Now back to this BS corona **** of a life.

Well I will still be a fan, sure these moves are dumb and I can't understand them to save my life..... However I have always been 100% Texans and I will remain that way no matter how big of a laughing stock they become due to ass chin. Kind of like our children, no matter how bad they **** up or the dumb choices they make, they are still ours. Now back to this BS corona **** of a life.

For me it's a accumulation of the all the current states of our pro teams.. I'm emotionally washed.. this Hopkins trade wasn't just the straw.. it is the worst thing that happened!! At least the damn Astros got a title, despite how tainted it is..

You don't take weapons away from a young QB, especially his go to guy who is in his same career window.

Cal McNair is a incompetent moron for ever even allowing this franchise to get to this point. We're like a ship drifting out in stormy waters and no one (owner) is at the wheel. Mutiny amuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back