Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t because of him. Let’s make sure that fact is on the table. Defense blew 6 freaking leads that year. Something that pretty routine with this team’s defense.

Posters throwing up numbers and saying I'm wrong because obviously Derrick wasn't as good as his numbers say

Then I point out the most important number and here comes the excuses.

Truth is if he would have played better more points would've been scored and they would have won more games. Point is that it's a team game and they played more complimentary football last year.

We're never going to agree, so I'm going to move on. BTW, Derrick isn't a bad QB, he's just not an elite QB despite what his numbers say

Posters throwing up numbers and saying I'm wrong because obviously Derrick wasn't as good as his numbers say

Truth is if he would have played better more points would've been scored and they would have won more games. Point is that it's a team game and they played more complimentary football last year.

We're never going to agree, so I'm going to move on. BTW, Derrick isn't a bad QB, he's just not an elite QB despite what his numbers say
Dude you’re freaking wrong and that’s not the first the darn defense cost them a darn good season.

So, before the allegations or a trade before giving him that $160 million contract. What trade compensation would you have expected for a guy who isn't a bad QB, but not elite? Do you think a one to one trade for Jimmy G would be market value?

Steel, did you watch these games ? The more tools they took away, the harder he played and the more risks he took ! We're not talking about his off field activities here .... just on field, improvisation and combination - evasion/completions - due to poor or no blocking. There wasn't but one other QB that had the talents, skills, ....even desire to accomplish those feats .... and he wears red ! You know this is true.

So, before the allegations or a trade before giving him that $160 million contract. What trade compensation would you have expected for a guy who isn't a bad QB, but not elite? Do you think a one to one trade for Jimmy G would be market value?
He probably would pulled a Bill O’Brien and got nothing close to his worth. And he would’ve used the same excuse he used for that weak asinine Hopkins trade.

Hey Earl I was wondering will the CAP experts give the same energy towards Mills. Hypothetically speaking let’s say Mills does ball out and put up great numbers. When it’s time for that contract extension will these same guys bring up the CAP and how it will not generate a SB because of it.

Last edited:
Hey Earl I was wondering with the CAP experts will give the same energy towards Mills. Hypothetically speaking let’s same Mills does ball out and put up great numbers. When it’s time for that contract extension will these same guys bring up the CAP and how it will not generate a SB because of it.
LMAO. Also, if Mills performs as we hope he does, it will be interesting to see who wants him traded before the Texans have to extend him. Selective amnesia is a real thing.

LMAO. Also, if Mills performs as we hope he does, it will be interesting to see who wants him traded before the Texans have to extend him. Selective amnesia is a real thing.
I say trade him now, before he gets a taste of the H-Town happy ending… well, before we find out he’s had a taste

I would've let it be known that Derrick was on the market and probably taken the rumored Dolphins deal. If I couldn't get what I wanted for Derrick in a trade I would've made him play out his 5th yr option. I said as much at the time. Even if he stayed with the Texans I wanted him to play out his 5th yr option. Calhoun made a bad decision and he still paying today for that decision.

Steel, did you watch these games ? The more tools they took away, the harder he played and the more risks he took ! We're not talking about his off field activities here .... just on field, improvisation and combination - evasion/completions - due to poor or no blocking. There wasn't but one other QB that had the talents, skills, ....even desire to accomplish those feats .... and he wears red ! You know this is true.

Those feats lead to 4 wins. Derrick's style game hasn't and probably never will win a SB. No Mahomes doesn't have the same style as Derrick. Look at the QB's in the SB this yr and their style of play and how much cap % they took up as an example of what championship level QB play looks like.

Same as a supposedly immobile Mills who won 4 games.

Last edited:
Interesting how Watson only fans can’t recognize that he held the ball too long because he never could audible, or read the blitz well. Mills gets the ball out quicker and leads his receiver open. Btw, the way you win championships is from the pocket.

Last edited:
Interesting how Watson only fans can’t recognize that he held the ball too long because he never could audible, or read the blitz well. Mills gets the ball out quicker and leads his receiver open.

Nobody and I freaking mean nobody is a darn Watson only fan. That is by far the weakest argument I’ve seen on this site.

And please go look at other top level players who holds onto the ball. You would see they hold it longer or about the same.

That’s a freaking lie, if you think Mills get the ball out faster and actually reading the defense. He had only one darn read for the most part. And dude Watson didn’t lead the league in passing by sure luck or not being able to read a defense. Stop the got darn madness.

Last edited:
Hey Earl I was wondering will the CAP experts give the same energy towards Mills. Hypothetically speaking let’s say Mills does ball out and put up great numbers. When it’s time for that contract extension will these same guys bring up the CAP and how it will not generate a SB because of it.
From my readings it seemed that the rule only applied if the Texans didn’t go deep in the playoffs or get to the SB?

Nobody and I freaking mean nobody is a darn Watson only fan. That is by far the weakest argument I’ve seen on this site.

And please go look at other top level players who holds onto the ball. You would see they hold it longer or about the same.

That’s a freaking lie, if you think Mills get the ball out faster and actually reading the defense. He had only one darn read for the most part. And dude Watson didn’t lead the league in passing by sure luck or not being able to read a defense. Stop the got darn madness.
Remind me again in 2020 how many of Watson’s stats were garbage time stats? Getting sacked 155 times in 3 years because you are 2 spots away from being the QB to hold the ball the longest in the NFL means you cannot read an NFL defense. Spotted a 24 point lead in the playoffs and couldn’t do anything else on offense after that. Point made. O’Brien was a bad GM. Not necessarily a bad coach because he kept telling Watson not to keep running and taking hits. Slide. Watson had a hard time listening. And once again he held the ball too long every single time. There would be guys WIDE OPEN plenty of times, Watson wouldn’t see them because HE had one read. It was either his one read or take off running. You can’t even tell me I’m wrong because you know it to be true.

Oh and btw, when Watson got sacked, they were generally big sacks to knock them out of field goal range. 15-20 yard sacks.

Last edited:
Remind me again in 2020 how many of Watson’s stats were garbage time stats? Getting sacked 155 times in 3 years because you are 2 spots away from being the QB to hold the ball the longest in the NFL means you cannot read an NFL defense. Spotted a 24 point lead in the playoffs and couldn’t do anything else on offense after that. Point made. O’Brien was a bad GM. Not necessarily a bad coach because he kept telling Watson not to keep running and taking hits. Slide. Watson had a hard time listening. And once again he held the ball too long every single time. There would be guys WIDE OPEN plenty of times, Watson wouldn’t see them because HE had one read. It was either his one read or take off running. You can’t even tell me I’m wrong because you know it to be true.

Oh and btw, when Watson got sacked, they were generally big sacks to knock them out of field goal range. 15-20 yard sacks.

So that’s where we going with this crap. Man I swear most of y’all be on crazy stuff. Every darn quarterback has garbage time stats. So I guess Warren Moon losing to the Bills falls in that category as well huh. Bill O’Brien went conservative after going up 24 points. Does Watson shoulder some blame heck yeah. But dude stop it, the defense couldn’t even stop a high school offense.

You really needs to stop evaluating out of your feelings.

Earl you’re spot on with this joker here.

So that’s where we going with this crap. Man I swear most of y’all be on crazy stuff. Every darn quarterback has garbage time stats. So I guess Warren Moon losing to the Bills falls in that category as well huh. Bill O’Brien went conservative after going up 24 points. Does Watson shoulder some blame heck yeah. But dude stop it, the defense couldn’t even stop a high school offense.

You really needs to stop evaluating out of your feelings.

Earl you’re spot on with this joker here.
21-0 against the Colts in the playoffs the year before Remember that? Until it was 21-7 in garbage time. The scrambling and holding the ball too long does not work in the playoffs. You don’t win that way.

Also, Watson holds the ball 3 seconds or more. He will have been out of football for a year or more if he ever does come back to play....The already bad reaction time will be even worse.

You got anything other than grabbing something out of you ass to back that up, because I’d be willing to bet that claim is bullshit as well.

It’s one thing to feel the way you do, it’s another to make shit up to try to back that feeling.
I post plenty here of all sorts, links, sources etc. You can check the scoreboards and box scores if you like. You shouldn’t get this mad over a message board buddy 👍

Regardless of steelb or djohn’s position on QB1- Deshaun Watson….they could never explain away why other NFL team(s) would’ve desired to obtain him, if available, before his legal situation.

Now that every NFL GM is aware of Watson’s situation, there are those willing to remain interested and those that are waiting to see. Again, no team would do this if they viewed QB1- Deshaun Watson through the tainted/slanted lenses that steelb and djohn’s use.

I don't follow this thread on a consistant basis so don't know if this has been reported, but just heard on 610 that Philadelphia has hired a private investigater to investigate the Watson situation.
I'm hoping it was these guys.

R.a8666501db1c3a19ecd0c2cee598037d

(I moved this over here so mods wouldn’t have to)

I said it before and will say it again - you should start preparing yourself to get nothing for Deshaun Watson.

If a player gets suspended for an entire season for gambling on the NFL that “could complicate the integrity of the game” - what would the NFL do to a player that possibly sexually assaulted a number of women?

“Ridley placed multi legged parlay bets involving 3, 5 and 8 games that included the Falcons to win via his mobile device.”

It’s a different time now than it was 3 to 5 years ago.

Well there's one response that was expected.

BTW, he ain't bad but he ain't an elite QB.
There's two of them.

I'm proudly one of them. Tell me who's won a championship with Derricks playing style. Walsh was able to finally coach this out of Young. (What I originally hoped would happen with Derrick, but that ain't happening) The other is Mahomes and he has a different playing style. Look at the last 4 teams in the playoffs as a winning style of playing QB. (Throwing with accuracy/anticipation after going through your reads.)

Regardless of steelb or djohn’s position on QB1- Deshaun Watson….they could never explain away why other NFL team(s) would’ve desired to obtain him, if available, before his legal situation.

Now that every NFL GM is aware of Watson’s situation, there are those willing to remain interested and those that are waiting to see. Again, no team would do this if they viewed QB1- Deshaun Watson through the tainted/slanted lenses that steelb and djohn’s use.

There are some really dumb GM's out there that are sacrificing the next decade of their franchises. Apparently these GM's haven't looked at the history of the cap and the % QB's take up in relation to winning championships. That's a historical fact, not an opinion regardless of how you try to paint the picture. Derrick ain't the guy to break this trend that's existed since the salary cap era began back in 1994.

Never has, never will, some either dont want to admit this after looking at history, or I believe we know what the other reason is.

Look at who was in the SB this yr, it certainly wasn't Derrick style QB's.
This is true. Historically speaking they can look and see that there were not very many QBs of that playing style to win a SB.

I said it before and will say it again - you should start preparing yourself to get nothing for Deshaun Watson.
Most understand there is that possibility. But, most also understand that the bar to prove guilt in a criminal court is much higher than the bar to find for the plaintiff in a civil case. Beyond a reasonable doubt vs. a preponderance of the evidence.

There are some really dumb GM's out there that are sacrificing the next decade of their franchises. Apparently these GM's haven't looked at the history of the cap and the % QB's take up in relation to winning championships. That's a historical fact, not an opinion regardless of how you try to paint the picture. Derrick ain't the guy to break this trend that's existed since the salary cap era began back in 1994.
Just to be sure are you saying that teams should change their QB‘s after four years of being drafted if they are good? It’s a historical fact that they don’t. I know, they then sacrifice the next decade of their franchises. So how many years do they waste trying to find another special QB? The cap enforces parity. And like the exposure of the run and shoot offense perhaps these scrambling style QB’s may go the same way because of some flaw to be exposed. lovie seems to think so. He said he is old school and he is convinced more than ever that his style will prevail. If so then good game manager QB’s ultimately may prove to be the best way to work the cap on a more consistent basis. You have to be consistent as much as possible every year because fate, luck, whatever you want to call it also plays a huge factor and just being in the mix puts you in the pot if fate says its your turn.

I would've let it be known that Derrick was on the market and probably taken the rumored Dolphins deal. If I couldn't get what I wanted for Derrick in a trade I would've made him play out his 5th yr option. I said as much at the time. Even if he stayed with the Texans I wanted him to play out his 5th yr option. Calhoun made a bad decision and he still paying today for that decision.
That deal never existed............... except in the minds of the media.

Last edited:
Just to be sure are you saying that teams should change their QB‘s after four years of being drafted if they are good? It’s a historical fact that they don’t. I know, they then sacrifice the next decade of their franchises. So how many years do they waste trying to find another special QB? The cap enforces parity. And like the exposure of the run and shoot offense perhaps these scrambling style QB’s may go the same way because of some flaw to be exposed. lovie seems to think so. He said he is old school and he is convinced more than ever that his style will prevail. If so then good game manager QB’s ultimately may prove to be the best way to work the cap on a more consistent basis. You have to be consistent as much as possible every year because fate, luck, whatever you want to call it also plays a huge factor and just being in the mix puts you in the pot if fate says its your turn.

Great post

If a QB is drafted in the 1st rd he's there for 5 affordable yrs and the new contract that's signed after 5 yrs the money can be manipulated to give a team that drafts a rookie QB in the 1st rd about an 8 yr window to win a championship.

Great post

If a QB is drafted in the 1st rd he's there for 5 affordable yrs and the new contract that's signed after 5 yrs the money can be manipulated to give a team that drafts a rookie QB in the 1st rd about an 8 yr window to win a championship.
this Combine was interesting in that here D players aren’t just getting larger but much faster. These scrambling QB’s may start paying much heavier prices.

There Is No Way Dan Snyder Could Be Dumb Enough To Trade For Deshaun Watson....Right????
Nate3/07/2022 12:00 PM

No. I won't even spend a long time on this blog. Simply- no. No chance in hell Dan Snyder is dumb enough to do this. He can't be. Out of every bad football decision he has made, this would easily be the worst. You cannot trade for a guy who is facing 4 million lawsuits for sexual assault right now, while you are simultaneously being investigated by the NFL for sexual assault. Deshaun Watson is about to go to a grand jury. I don't know what that means. I'm not going to do more research to find out. What I do know is when the words "sexual assault" and "grand jury" are being tossed around, Washington should have nothing to do with it. Less than nothing. In fact, we should never have a player with the first name of Deshaun or last name of Watson ever again. Maybe no Clemson players either, just to be safe.

We are a team desperate for a QB. DESPERATE. And there have been a ton of rumors the last week or so- Russ Wilson, Trubisky, and Wentz are the names being floated the most. A little Jimmy G as well. Out of all of those, obviously I'd love Russ for the next few years, but he will come at a high cost. Trubisky for some reason is the hottest name on the QB market, and then Wentz right after him. Honestly I don't see the difference between a guy like Marcus Mariota and Trubisky, and Mariota would come at a cheaper price. The NFL's sudden love affair with Mitch is stunning and whoever is doing his PR deserves a big fat raise.

back to Deshaun- just no. No, no, no.

Unless of course it's the straw that actually breaks Snyder's back. I could see a scenario where Snyder gets so cocky and so arrogant that he trades for Deshaun and the other owners decide enough is enough and use it as a reason to boot Snyder out of the league. If that is a real scenario and not one I just made up, I'll sign up for it right now. Any other scenario that involves Deshaun though? Absolutely, 100%, no. No, no, no.

PS: If all the charges get dropped and literally zero comes from this than it's a different story. I still would be very, very iffy about it. But as it stands now, just absolutely not.

You think the buyer thinks he's worth a high 1st? I'm not going to tell them, "No, I won't take your first round pick." & I'm not going to start negotiations at their 2nd round pick
Several mocks have Panthers at 6, Denver number 9 and Washington at 11 wanting to choose quarterbacks in the draft. Many have stated that Mills is better than those coming out in this draft.

In sales and in negotiations I believe you have to believe that your product is worth what you're asking for it.

If you cannot get what you want then you reposition your thought process.

I think and hope we are seeing this with Caserio supposedly standing firm on his idea of what he wants for Watson. Will he take less than three round ones and two round two and perhaps a defensive players? I would imagine but I doubt that those asking will know until he wants them to.

Who's going to play QB? Better get a draft pick high enough to replace Mills.
If Watson does not play again and I think he will not here and Mills is traded you grab a cheap vet like we did with Tyrod Taylor and look forward to getting a franchise quarterback in 2023. You allow your other players to come together such as the offensive line that most of us wanted to create before we got a quarterback.

Utilize the picks to get your players. I would not draft any of the QBs in this coming draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back