Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it just proves you (and others) hate some women. I'm sure you like your mom.

Stupid post.. zero point

I'll show Jelly Anus some respect when she starts respecting herself.. What self respecting woman would stick by Watson after all the crap he's accused of? Answer.. probably just 1.. his mother (since you want to bring Moms into this). Jelly Anus is only with him for 1 reason, MONEY. So in my book she's just a ho, nothing more.

We shouldn't even be talking about Jilly Anais. Has nothing to do with football, nothing to do with the Texans.

It's not like we're twelve year olds taking shots at a dude's best friend because dude kicked sand in your face. At least it shouldn't be. It's childish & points to our own insecurities & mama issues

Hate is such a strong word ... I have no hate for Jilly. I just see this situation for what it is.

What woman would tolerate Watson's behavior .... 60something times.
Obviously Jilly does. Specify your problem with her since you and others keep posting about her in very unflattering terms.

No, it just proves you (and others) hate some women. I'm sure you like your mom.
On the same note and out of curiosity. Why does Harris County DA, Kim Ogg and her staff gets so much criticism on this forum as being cozy with Hardin and taking bribes when the Brazoria county DA, Tom Selleck (not Magnum PI) barely gets criticized or accused of bribery for not getting a GJ to indict Watson?

On the same note and out of curiosity. Why does Harris County DA, Kim Ogg and her staff gets so much criticism on this forum as being cozy with Hardin and taking bribes when the Brazoria county DA, Tom Selleck (not Magnum PI) barely gets criticized or accused of bribery for not getting a GJ to indict Watson?

Harris County had the overwhelming bulk of the cases.

People fishing for things to be outraged over.

Oh, that's a really good question. I'm just not sure you should be addressing it to me. At least when it comes to Watson, it still makes some sense. I don't know why she should be any part of this.

Because it's directly related to future draft picks.

As far as she goes, people can't figure out why a person would stay with a sexual predator and probably correctly figure it's for the money.

Some like to see a trainwreck and others like me want to see him never be able to do these things again. Because we know he will be out there preying again. In addition to seeing him show a little bit of humility and remorse for his actions. Although that's unlikely to ever happen.

As far as she goes, people can't figure out why a person would stay with a sexual predator and probably correctly figure it's for the money.

Some like to see a trainwreck and others like me want to see him never be able to do these things again. Because we know he will be out there preying again. In addition to seeing him show a little bit of humility and remorse for his actions. Although that's unlikely to ever happen.
I think the point some are trying to make is who cares if she sticks around. It means nothing to this thread other than giving excuses for people to talk crap about her and make up names to call her.

Obviously Jilly does. Specify your problem with her since you and others keep posting about her in very unflattering terms.

I don't have a problem with her at all.

I simply stated she's being paid to stick around for the optics .... as a result she looks like the fool putting up with Watson's .... improprieties.

What's unflattering is the appearance that she is putting up with someone who obviously doesn't think much of her in Watson.

So you're part of a womens group to help women overcome sexual assault? Just asking

Yet, you and a few others keep posting about her.

I simply stated she's being paid to stick around for the optics .... as a result she looks like the fool putting up with Watson's .... improprieties.
Unless you know her and have talked to her, it's your opinion.
What's unflattering is the appearance that she is putting up with someone who obviously doesn't think much of her in Watson.
again, your opinion.

So you're part of a womens group to help women overcome sexual assault? Just asking
LMAO

How did I know that this thread would go from discussing Derrick's sexual predator tendencies and the women he took advantage of, to diverting the discussion to, why are we talking about Derrick's whore!

You guys are so predictable, unfortunately this takes the spotlight off of the victims.

Last edited:
Stupid post.. zero point

I'll show Jelly Anus some respect when she starts respecting herself.. What self respecting woman would stick by Watson after all the crap he's accused of? Answer.. probably just 1.. his mother (since you want to bring Moms into this). Jelly Anus is only with him for 1 reason, MONEY. So in my book she's just a ho, nothing more.

Yet…..some of you throw 100% blind respect at each and every one of these masseuses as if some of their methods of advertising themselves via Instagram were ultra professional. Your description of who Jilly may be….could just as easily applied to some of the 26 women as well.

Last edited:
Yet…..some of you throw 100% blind respect at each and every one of these masseuses as if some of their methods of advertising themselves via Instagram were ultra professional. Your description of who Jilly may be….could just as easily applied to some of the 26 women as well.
So the 26 and growing number of women are all whores?

Oh, and finally it comes out.

What new is coming out?

People can't admit that they were idolizing a pervert? Some posters would back a serial predator on the basis of race? ( Not directed at you)

The most comforting thing for me is that I would say a majority of minorities aren't backing Derrick, so I see this as progress.

This thread is becoming borderline misogynistic and racist.

I don't support, in any way, Watson. If he's guilty of the accusations, I hope karma catches up to him. And I sincerely hope that everyone he has hurt (allegedly) is made whole again, or at least as close as possible.

I don't begrudge anyone from earning (or otherwise) money legally. If dumb ass celebrities and professional athletes want to throw money at, and be used by beautiful women, more power to them. The only people that turn out looking bad are the celebrities, athletes and people who besmirch the women for using their assets. The thing some of you accuse Jilly Anais of doing has been going on for centuries and it will continue as long as dumb, immature men allow it. That's on them.

Another delusional Browns sports writer.

Confusing: Deshaun Watson Has a Choice?
12 hours ago Zach Shafron

Reliable reporter Josina Anderson tweeting this about Deshaun Watson and it has me confused…

“I’m told there’ve been recent attempts by the NFL, the NFLPA & Deshaun Watson’s advisors to negotiate a discipline settlement. However talks involving a potential number of games missed “fell apart” not being on the same page. As of now, process moves forward, per league sources.”
— IG: JosinaAnderson (@JosinaAnderson) June 23, 2022

Essentially, it appears that the NFLPA and Deshaun Watson himself are working together to negotiate a punishment suitable for both parties.

This is confusing to me because I just assumed that the NFL would decide a suspension for Watson, hand it down and that would be that for this never-ending circus.

When I was a little boy and did something wrong, my parents didn’t sit with me and say, “Zach we’re thinking of giving you 5-7 days of grounding. Is that okay with you or would you rather 3-5 days with a cleaning the kitchen clause?”

Now, negotiation is common in lots of things and that’s not the issue here. The problem is that there clearly is more to this and the NFL knows it.

The NFL would’ve just handed down a suspension of say a full season and we all could move on. What appears to be clear is that the NFLPA has lots of arguments against any type of suspension for Watson. Whether this be with various owners that have committed indiscretions or other coaches, players etc.

The talks “fell apart” because the Watson team and NFLPA know they can get a great deal if they keep pushing with these arguments.

Recently, Watson settled 20 of 24 cases in civil suits. Typically the terms of a civil suit contain no admission of fault but the perception is that someone who settles appears guilty.

Via Newsweek: During an introductory press conference after the trade to the Browns became official, Watson was asked if he has any plans to settle the 22 (at the time) civil suits that he is facing accusing him of alleged sexual misconduct.

“That’s not my intent,” Watson said in response. “My intent is to continue to clear my name as much as possible and that’s what I’m focused on.”

Interestingly enough, the quarterback did the exact opposite and there has to be a reason involving the NFL giving a little “nudge” to try and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

As the groups continue to negotiate, my understanding is that Watson will find himself with a good deal from the NFL. This is much different from in past weeks when I wondered if there’s a chance he gets suspended for life. No way that is the case now as this all has unfolded.

Well, let’s see if this ever gets resolved.

Reactions: JB

The one thing that those asking why her name has been brought into this conversation are missing, is that she has enabled all of Watson's deviant behavior..............which so many have been affected by and have had to be dealing with for so long.

LMAO

How did I know that this thread would go from discussing Derrick's sexual predator tendencies and the women he took advantage of, to diverting the discussion to, why are we talking about Derrick's whore!

You guys are so predictable, unfortunately this takes the spotlight off of the victims.
Not really. Some people talk a good game.

Typical response from those who celebrate and idolize ghetto trash because “iTz ReAl AnD iT Be HiP tHo.” Won’t be shocked if y’all’s next move is to demand that anyone who brings up Derapist’s sexual deviance be considered “a racist?”
I've been consistent with my stance on this situation. I've said before that if he's found guilty, he should go to jail like any other criminal. I'm not one of those who use public opinion as a barometer. I've also stated that by the sheer numbers , that something inappropriate happened somewhere. What I haven't done is act like I know like most in this thread or on this board. I've seen people careers ruined because someone lied about what happened behind closed doors, so I don't assume anything. Speaking of racist, you're the only one to continue to speak about someone being ghetto or whatever. What does that have to do with any of this? Ghetto trash? lmao. Showing true colors

I've been consistent with my stance on this situation. I've said before that if he's found guilty, he should go to jail like any other criminal. I'm not one of those who use public opinion as a barometer. I've also stated that by the sheer numbers , that something inappropriate happened somewhere. What I haven't done is act like I know like most in this thread or on this board. I've seen people careers ruined because someone lied about what happened behind closed doors, so I don't assume anything. Speaking of racist, you're the only one to continue to speak about someone being ghetto or whatever. What does that have to do with any of this? Ghetto trash? lmao. Showing true colors

Kind of a conflicting stance.

This wasn't just a indiscretion/complaint between two individuals behind a closed door. It was dozens of indiscretions, involving dozens of different individuals during separate closed door encounters, detailing the same indiscretions/complaints against one person.

Last edited:
Speaking of racist, you're the only one to continue to speak about someone being ghetto or whatever. What does that have to do with any of this? Ghetto trash? lmao. Showing true colors
I couldn’t care any less about the imaginary colors any person with the same victim mentality as you claims to be seeing. Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time. Sexual assault is a crime no matter how you try to spin it.

I’m no capologist but if they do i’m sure it’ll gum up the Browns ability to put a competitive team around him. Which will cause the diva to do diva things if/when he eventually does get to play.
If that should happen, someone calculated his cap numbers for the remaining years to be ~$56 million/yr
In 2024, the cap hit would be ~$66 million/yr............with the dead cap only dropping to $209 million.

Tollling 2022, changes the salary cap implications.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Salary cap implications if Deshaun Watson suspended for a full season
Jared Mueller
June 24, 2022 8:42 am ET

The Cleveland Browns, and their fanbase, are hoping for some kind of resolution and clarity with QB Deshaun Watson. This week, Watson settled 20 of the 24 civil cases against him. The NFL said that would have no impact on any potential discipline but there is hope that the timing will lead to a conclusion of the investigation quickly.

Following the investigation, there is a multistep process that will take place.

Much has been made about how Watson’s new contract is structured with many believing the team did it to minimize the financial impact of a suspension. The Browns brushed off that criticism noting that their big contracts, and many around the league, are structured in the same way.

What hasn’t been discussed as much is the salary cap implications of a long suspension. While leaks seem to be pointing to the NFL wanting to impose a long suspension, up to a year, the new arbitration system could lead to surprising results.

If Watson is suspended for a season, his new contract would start next season (called “tolling” in the NFL language) and the five-year deal would run through the end of the 2027 season when the quarterback would be 32 years old.
The salary cap implications for Cleveland would be huge. Currently, Watson is set to count just over $10 million against the team’s salary cap in 2022 but that number jumps to just under $55 million next year. If the NFL hands down a year-long suspension, the Browns save the $10 million in cap space this year and clear almost $45 million in cap space next year.

Currently, both Over the Cap and Spotrac have Cleveland with over $40 million in cap space this year that they can roll over to next year. That jumps to $50 million if Watson is suspended. (That does not include any potential savings if the team is able to trade Baker Mayfield.)

As currently constituted, both sites have the Browns without cap space next year but with the rollover space will have a little room to work. Assuming a year-long suspension for Watson, Cleveland’s 2023 cap space will jump from over $10 million to over $60 million.

If trading Mayfield saves the team $10 million in cap space in 2022, that money would roll over to 2023 and their cap space jumps to $70 million.

While a year-long suspension would be problematic for the team and continue the public relations nightmare, it would clear a lot of cap space for Andrew Berry and company to be creative in 2023.

Magnitude of Browns' brainless deal for Deshaun Watson coming into focus as hearing approaches
Mike DeCourcy
6 minutes ago•6 min read

It happened during March Madness, so maybe that’s why it’s taken more than three months to fully appreciate the breadth of the Browns’ brainlessness in executing a trade-and-sign deal for Deshaun Watson. More likely, it’s because the NFL will commence a hearing soon with the quarterback, the league closing in on delivering a severe suspension sometime in the next week.

It would have been one of NFL history’s great gambles merely had the Browns traded three first-round picks and granted a salary-cap-stretching contract to a young quarterback who’d lived as if he were some sitcom-come-to-life version of Carlton Banks.

Watson has done nothing during his professional football years to convey that degree of innocence, even if the absence of a grand jury indictment dictates he cannot be found guilty of any offense.

Earlier this month, his legal team settled cases brought by 20 of 24 women who had alleged he engaged in sexual misconduct while under contract to the Texans. Monday, the same attorney who represented those women, Tony Buzbee of Houston, added the Texans organization as a defendant in a suit brought by another woman and alleged they “enabled” Watson’s behavior. The NFL has investigated Watson’s behavior, with sources familiar with the situation telling the Wall Street Journal they expect the league to pursue a suspension of at least one season.

The Browns didn’t just agree to fight through this mess. They sold their mansion on the lake in exchange for a palace currently engulfed in flames.

It feels more than a little icky to be thinking of all this in football terms, but we long ago expressed concern about the probity of employing someone in Watson's situation.

At the time of the move, acquiring Watson in exchange for three No. 1 picks, a third-rounder and two-fourth rounders and then granting him a fully guaranteed contract of five years and $230 million looked so ridiculous one suspected the Browns knew something the public could not, that they were playing three-dimensional chess and not, say, using a hammer to pulverize a game of Life board.

Instead, it now appears the Browns have regressed toward the sort of incompetence that once led to spending first-round picks on Brandon Weeden and Johnny Manziel. And this blunder could be so much costlier.

With more than 20 allegations against him entering the 2021 season, Watson sat out all 17 games. When the season opens for the Browns against the Panthers on Sept. 11, he won’t have played in an NFL game for 616 days, and if a full-season suspension is presented and upheld upon appeal, it’s possible he won’t have thrown a football against an NFL defense in 980 days upon finally taking the field for the Browns.

At that stage, presuming a $20 million bump in the cap from this season’s $210 million, the Browns will be shoveling 24 percent of their cap space toward a QB who won’t have played in nearly three years. That’s an almost religious degree of faith.

Even if Watson miraculously emerges through all of that rust, what sort of team will the Browns be able to field with so much of its budget already consumed? What able players among the 2022 Browns will have to be discarded to clear room for that contract? They’re already nearly $20 million over a projected 2023 cap, with just nine players under contract consuming 75 percent of the available space.
THE REST OF THE STORY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back