Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 staying or going?

On May 1st 2021 DeShawn Watson will be:

• Total voters
What do you think about how a Team can just cut a contract?

You keep preaching hes under contract but we all know he can be cut or just released like JJ. You find it odd that JJ gets to choose his fairy tale ending and DW4 is tied to a tree?

If DW4 blew out his throwing shoulder would yoh honor his contract for the life of?
Watson's guaranteed money just like JJ Watt which was Zero was honored and would be honored for Watson. Just like we are honoring his 21.6 dead money if we trade him

Leave his tweet alone.
Watson had already met with the HC and stated that he doesn't want to play for the Texans anymore.
That's clear as day.

So come out in public and stop hiding. He talked to Culley and said he didn't want to play for the team. GREAT! Except, he has not said a word to his FANS. Again making himself look bad and childish. Not to mention lower trade value by looking like a problem child. Or is that the plan?

We just witnessed how Mahomes collapsed under the pressure of the Bucs defense. He folded real ugly like. Watson was under the same duress during the KC game. KC's defense absolutely had their way with the Texans OL.

On the other hand, Mahomes hadn't really faced that obstacle until his 2nd SB. I can probably count on one hand the times Watson didn't face this type of dilemma during his 4 year career with the Texans.....yet he's currently the NFL's career leader in completion percentage while playing for this organization. Go figure.

He also hit Robinson in the facemask in the EZ while falling down and was playing without both of his OT's. Wonder how Mahomes would've done with Tunsil protecting his blindside? You dont have to tear one guy down to build your guy up. Tell me do you think DW4 has the natural ability Mahomes has?

God I will be so glad when DW4 is traded and this discussion goes into the archives.

I don't think some of you guys get it.
The culture that many of the players, including Foster and A.J. we're referring to is the warden running the show.

AJ and Foster had come out and said that there were a lot of times when the voice of the players weren't being heard.
Too much lip service and no real beef.

That was why the players, like Watson, tweeted "things never change" (on Kirby).

The trust had been broken one too many times.

Has it?

Only if you dont understand the difference between input and say so. (Apparently he ain't to bright) You think the org DW4's traded to is going to give him say so in who they hire/fire? Bottom line is DW4's who I thought he is, a guy who cuts and runs when times get tough.

I guess a better explanation: Would you be happier with the following deal: working ex: Watson is traded to Dolphins and they offer one of 2 packages, no combination of either, just one or the other:

A. 2021 1 Pick in each RD1-03-003, RD2-03-035, RD3-18-082, RD4-18-114 w/Comps 122+.

B. 2021 RD1, 2022, RD1, 2023 RD1, 2024 RD1

Me, I’m all over deal “B”.
Well yeah me too I would also pick B but that's not the situation at least as we hope it to be. Let me give you an example which I thought I had already.

1) 2021 1.3 +1.18+2.35 + 2.50

2) 2021 1.3 + 2022 round 1 + 2023 round 1+ 2024 round 1

I'm taking option 1. Two round ones and two round twos that play this season compared to only one on roster this year. Yes a High quality first-rounder would be added each year through 2024 but they do not play until they're on the team. In addition to that each year on paper the Dolphins should be getting better and driving the round 1 pick that you received Further down the list. This also decreases the value of option 2. You seem to focus only on getting first round picks not when those first round picks are added to the roster.

And probably lose that bet. Just like he didn't put up any points even in garbage time against the Buccaneers. Like Optimistic stated, " when the pressure was on, he folded like a cheap lawn chair". Pressure has away of busting pipes.

Yep, choking while falling down under pressure and throwing the ball 25-30 yds and hitting the WR in the facemask with the pass in the EZ. Darn choker

You think DW4 could do that?

Then he stays because he's under contract. Of course if he wants to prove a point and give back that 27 mil signing bonus and 10 mil in salary next yr then more power to him. Moral of the story is Cal should learn to be much more careful who he hands out these types of contracts too.

Really simple
You're right.........but Cal would not know how to and did not negotiate or write up the contract. The Jaguars ex-negotiating intern did. One of Cal's greatest accomplishments though with his Rice education is that he has at least learned how to spell his name correctly..............without the help of a cue card.:chef:

Yep, choking while falling down under pressure and throwing the ball 25-30 yds and hitting the WR in the facemask with the pass in the EZ. Darn choker

So what he hit his receiver in the facemask. Did you forget Watson being kicked in the face, falling to the ground, adjusting his facemask and then delivering a strike for a winning touchdown. Like Lee said, you need to stop with the cherry picking. Lol

Last edited:
He also hit Robinson in the facemask in the EZ while falling down and was playing without both of his OT's. Wonder how Mahomes would've done with Tunsil protecting his blindside? You dont have to tear one guy down to build your guy up. Tell me do you think DW4 has the natural ability Mahomes has?

God I will be so glad when DW4 is traded and this discussion goes into the archives.

I'm glad none of the Texans receivers dropped catchable passes during that KC playoff game. SteelB.....you refuse to distinguish the apples to oranges differences between the two teams these QB's play for. You somehow hold Watson responsible for not dragging this sad-sack of an organization up to the standards of successful and winnng organizations.

Mahomes has had everything Watson has never had.....yet the moment his OL takes a hit in quality everyone who dislikes Watson (on this site) is willing to give him a pass. Tunsil is ok but is absolutely and in no way worth what the Texans are paying him. He's adequate in the passing game b/c he utilizes a bend but don't break technique. That may work for Tunsil but it probably doesn't give Watson the warm and fuzzies when you see his big arse coming towards you. Same way a knee bending curveball can make a hitter bail out before realizng the ball broke over the plate. Tunsil is dead in the water as a run blocker which explains why Texans have. Such a difficult time establishing a run game that demands respect from DC's. With Tunsil's bend but don't break approach, the RT slapping every pass rusher on the arse as they push through or blow by, and Martin/OG's getting rag-dolled back into the RB position.....exactly how does a QB get comfortable with this type of pocket? Mahomes shite the bed under this situation and showed the NFL.....he just isn't superhuman.

Well yeah me too I would also pick B but that's not the situation at least as we hope it to be. Let me give you an example which I thought I had already.

1) 2021 1.3 +1.18+2.35 + 2.50

2) 2021 1.3 + 2022 round 1 + 2023 round 1+ 2024 round 1

I'm taking option 1. Two round ones and two round twos that play this season compared to only one on roster this year. Yes a High quality first-rounder would be added each year through 2024 but they do not play until they're on the team. In addition to that each year on paper the Dolphins should be getting better and driving the round 1 pick that you received Further down the list. This also decreases the value of option 2. You seem to focus only on getting first round picks not when those first round picks are added to the roster.

You and I have both been eye to eye on this trade idea. We both agree that the Texans should get both 2021 RD1 and RD2 picks plus their 2022 RD1 and 2023 RD1 picks. They'd also throw QB- Tua and CB- Howard into the deal. I don't think Watson alone brings this much back in return. I think Cooks would help in getting them closer. Miami could make it contingent on re-working Cooks existing contract. Maybe Roby goes in this deal as well. Texans unload great to good talent and overhead for their future rebuild.

He has to suit up for at least 6 games to accrue a season.

The team can suspend him for 6 games at a time , two suspensions stops that season of accruement .... and they don't need a whole lot to suspend him for "conduct detrimental to the team."

The other thing is , they can VOID the guaranteed money in his contract for that same "conduct detrimental to the team" and still retain exclusive rights to him.

That's the joker in the deck .... and all of the above render his no trade clause .... near useless.

Here’s what people aren’t understanding about NTC in player contracts. Their not meant so a player can pick what team they want to go to, though that’s what he seems to be trying to use it for, they are meant so a player can be secure that they are going to stay in one place for however long the contract is.

That’s another thing that is so stupid about what he is trying to do. He is trying to use something designed to keep a player in one place as a way to lave.

Here’s what people aren’t understanding about NTC in player contracts. Their not meant so a player can pick what team they want to go to, though that’s what he seems to be trying to use it for, they are meant so a player can be secure that they are going to stay in one place for however long the contract is.

That’s another thing that is so stupid about what he is trying to do. He is trying to use something designed to keep a player in one place as a way to lave.

Most definitely, dude thinks he’s about to change the rules that’s been in place a long freaking time.

Last edited:
Most definitely, dude thinks he’s about to change the rules that been in place a long freaking time.

That's his agent trying to make a BIG name for himself .... and earn a whole lot of new clients in the process.

I really think he's the bad guy here , Watson is just listening to bad advice.

Really where I think this all started was when JJ apologized for "wasting one of his years" and knowing that there's at least one more bad season ahead - He doesn't want to suck.

Thing is , there's nothing in any contract that says the team has to be good .... If that were the case , half the leagues players would be wanting out every year.

So what he hit his receiver in the facemask. Did you forget Watson being kicked in the face, falling to the ground, adjusting his facemask and then delivering a strike for a winning touchdown. Like Lee said, you need to stop with the cherry picking. Lol

You brought up the SB not me. No cherry picking, there were other great throws like the other one in the EZ while being tackled that he just missed. DW4 doesn't have the arm strength to make that throw.

Plus the Bucs defense was much better than the Raiders and comparing a week 12 matchup against the Raiders to a SB just shows how far you have to reach to even come up with something comparable. It's sad really 51-7 happened and it most likely wouldn't have happened with Mahomes behind center. Why because that game painted a pic of 2 very different QBs regardless of who was coaching the team. Followed again by last yr and this off-season when times got tough DW4 cut and ran AGAIN.

I tried to tell you what he was all about. Now the Texans are where they are.

You can have the last word.

I'm glad none of the Texans receivers dropped catchable passes during that KC playoff game. SteelB.....you refuse to distinguish the apples to oranges differences between the two teams these QB's play for. You somehow hold Watson responsible for not dragging this sad-sack of an organization up to the standards of successful and winnng organizations.

Mahomes has had everything Watson has never had.....yet the moment his OL takes a hit in quality everyone who dislikes Watson (on this site) is willing to give him a pass. Tunsil is ok but is absolutely and in no way worth what the Texans are paying him. He's adequate in the passing game b/c he utilizes a bend but don't break technique. That may work for Tunsil but it probably doesn't give Watson the warm and fuzzies when you see his big arse coming towards you. Same way a knee bending curveball can make a hitter bail out before realizng the ball broke over the plate. Tunsil is dead in the water as a run blocker which explains why Texans have. Such a difficult time establishing a run game that demands respect from DC's. With Tunsil's bend but don't break approach, the RT slapping every pass rusher on the arse as they push through or blow by, and Martin/OG's getting rag-dolled back into the RB position.....exactly how does a QB get comfortable with this type of pocket? Mahomes shite the bed under this situation and showed the NFL.....he just isn't superhuman.

There's not 1 GM in the NFL that would say DW4's as good as Mahomes.

Much less trade Mahomes for DW4. Carry on.

You brought up the SB not me. No cherry picking, there were other great throws like the other one in the EZ while being tackled that he just missed. DW4 doesn't have the arm strength to make that throw.

Plus the Bucs defense was much better than the Raiders and comparing a week 12 matchup against the Raiders to a SB just shows how far you have to reach to even come up with something comparable. It's sad really 51-7 happened and it most likely wouldn't have happened with Mahomes behind center. Why because that game painted a pic of 2 very different QBs regardless of who was coaching the team. Followed again by last yr and this off-season when times got tough DW4 cut and ran AGAIN.

I tried to tell you what he was all about. Now the Texans are where they are.

You can have the last word.

The SB was brought up way before I chimed in. And you’re the one that’s glorifying an incomplete pass.

This goes on on every team in the NFL. These organizations doesn’t have to include the workers in the hiring of their managers. That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.
It has more with what McNair said, that "we can't let the inmates run the prison".
That comment has so many wrongs in it.
Intentionally or not, he compared his football team with a prison, and (some of) his players as inmates.
Some players took it to mean "slaves".

Now, we - as outsiders - don't know for sure, how the Texans were run, but some players, like I had mentioned AJ and Foster, that the players' input were disregarded way too often.
Some, like AJ, even mentioned Easterby by name, as being unqualified for the job.

IMO, it's just like any business out there, when the employees feel like their voices aren't heard, they are disgruntled. Especially when they think the owner was listening to a non-qualified "executive".

It's not the same for all organizations.
There's not 32 Eaterbys out there.
There's not 32 McNair families either.

But what about his “model” girlfriend?
She’s got to be loaded with her massive career.
LoL.
Boy please. You're probably as much a model as she is on Instagram, lol. On a serious note, some women take their Instagram “modeling” very serious. She’s one of them. She does those corny ass videos trying to be funny and gets hundreds of thousands of likes. Not sure how much social media and YouTube pay people after getting all those views, but I doubt it’s anywhere near Watson’s type of salary. It probably doesn’t matter. She’ll leave him for some NBA player or rapper soon. Her type will do that no matter how “loyal” Watson claims to be.

So come out in public and stop hiding. He talked to Culley and said he didn't want to play for the team. GREAT! Except, he has not said a word to his FANS. Again making himself look bad and childish. Not to mention lower trade value by looking like a problem child. Or is that the plan?
The NFL teams all want things to stay in house.
As a player, Watson had formally asked for a trade at least a week before the Caserio's hire.
It was reported by the media.
Everybody knew Watson's stand.
There's no need to say anything else.

It has more with what McNair said, that "we can't let the inmates run the prison".
That comment has so many wrongs in it.
Intentionally or not, he compared his football team with a prison, and (some of) his players as inmates.
Some players took it to mean "slaves".

Now, we - as outsiders - don't know for sure, how the Texans were run, but some players, like I had mentioned AJ and Foster, that the players' input were disregarded way too often.
Some, like AJ, even mentioned Easterby by name, as being unqualified for the job.

IMO, it's just like any business out there, when the employees feel like their voices aren't heard, they are disgruntled. Especially when they think the owner was listening to a non-qualified "executive".

It's not the same for all organizations.
There's not 32 Eaterbys out there.
There's not 32 McNair families either.

If players took that to mean as slaves then they need to get out in the real world and see what being a slave to your job really means. They should try having to stay at a job you hate just so you can pay your bills and put food on the table. At least they have contracts they can negotiate where they have some security. So they feel like their input was disregarded, welcome to real life. And yes I very much have the attitude of once you sign on the dotted line then shut up and play, they are payed way to much for something that most just have to do for fun to complain about their feelings.

My give a damn tank for DW4 is at zero after his b1tch like attitude and wanting out because he had a losing season, and that’s bad for his personal stats. With that said, Mahomie DID choke. He looked and played like complete trash in the SB. Boy flew all the way to Tampa to throw 2 whole interceptions. The media can try handing him a participation trophy, but incomplete passes are incomplete passes, no matter how cool their fans think they are. Mahomes should be thanking his kicker, otherwise they would have scored ZERO points in an even worse blowout. Tom Brady gave Mahomie a QB lesson. Seeing his mom and fiancé bashing the refs for calling the Chiefs’ dirty ass plays was cringeworthy. The media is doing a hell of a job shoving Mahomie down everyone’s, throat by the way. I enjoyed seeing their golden boy get beat like a drum on national television.

Last edited:
That's his agent trying to make a BIG name for himself .... and earn a whole lot of new clients in the process.

I really think he's the bad guy here , Watson is just listening to bad advice.

Really where I think this all started was when JJ apologized for "wasting one of his years" and knowing that there's at least one more bad season ahead - He doesn't want to suck.

Thing is , there's nothing in any contract that says the team has to be good .... If that were the case , half the leagues players would be wanting out every year.
What about Eli Manning declaring he wasn't going to the Chargers in the draft?

Players have tried to force the issue since long ago.

If players took that to mean as slaves then they need to get out in the real world and see what being a slave to your job really means. They should try having to stay at a job you hate just so you can pay your bills and put food on the table. At least they have contracts they can negotiate where they have some security. So they feel like their input was disregarded, welcome to real life. And yes I very much have the attitude of once you sign on the dotted line then shut up and play, they are payed way to much for something that most just have to do for fun to complain about their feelings.
In real life, many people had quit their job, and/or had gone somewhere else when they're unhappy.

No we’re just the ones way over paying for tickets and beer so that guys like Watson can make 160 million to play a game. I’ve busted my butt all my life and I’m guessing you have to, did anyone ever kiss your backside for it?

Talent has perks; you know that.

Part of the problem is y’all think you’re entitled to something after the game ends. Your $75 in beer and snacks doesn’t buy anything more than a few hours entertainment.

Also, tv money is what enabled these contracts. Not tickets. Not beers.

And in real life even more have to suck it up and keep pushing forward because they have people that depend on them. Also in real life those people didn't just sign a 160 million dollar contract with the place they are unhappy with.

Not if you’re talented.

Why do you think you play by the same rules as the rich and wealthy?

And in real life even more have to suck it up and keep pushing forward because they have people that depend on them. Also in real life those people didn't just sign a 160 million dollar contract with the place they are unhappy with.
Exactly.
It's a shame that people can't afford a choice more often.
On the other hand, when somebody like Watson does have some leverage, I'm good with them trying to push the envelope.

In real life, there are labor unions and there have been strikes.
It's just business, like the NFL teams' FO like to say.

This is where I have a problem, if he is trying to be this so called leader then why hasn't he held the sorry a$$/under-performing players to the same fire he is holding Cal? Why didn't he tweet stuff regarding the defense blowing last possession leads or about Martin's ill timed snaps. JJ made a generic call out to players but that was in late Dec, the team's fate was already sealed. JJ's apology may have been sincere but he knew the effect it would have and I would go as far to say that it was made knowing that he (JJ) would not be back. If it weren't for the assets the Jets and Dolphins could muster up, I would not give a second thought to letting him sit at the house if he chooses.

I’m annoyed like everyone else. All these years waiting for elite QB and it’s gone that fast. Not due to decline or ability but rather gross incompetence.

The Texans Way. :gotexans1

Exactly.
On the other hand, when somebody like Watson does have some leverage, I'm good with them trying to push the envelope.

Thats just it, he has no real leverage. He sits he is fined, he plays then he does his job. He doesn't actually have any leverage.

After reading these Mahomes vs DW4 posts from what I’ve read I’d rather see a discussion on how to create a TB defense since these rock stars fold under pressure. Hope Lovie has some ideas. I liked it that Culley stated he wants an attacking defense that takes away the will of an offense. Get it done.

As I've posted previously, Watson's agent is trying to make a big name for himself by breaking the NFL's control on player movement.

About right...

Not at all right. Clowney wasn’t under contract, DW4 is. Risen is part of the media anyway. He just wants to see DW4 play so he can bring him on his show later. Reality is, The Texans hold all the cards and already are taking a beating in the media. It won’t get much worse if the FO plays hardball with him and makes him pay.

When Kaep decided to take his stand, he at least spoke out about why he did so ( though not too many people listened close enough) and the media swore up and down that the 49ers wouldn’t recover from that PR fiasco. A few years later they were in the SB and had players like Richard Sherman of all people on their team.

I say all that to say, that it’s going to be a rough few years during all this, but I truly believe the right people have been brought in the FO to be able to weather this storm And at this point, to hell with DW4. I’ll always respect his game, but I can’t respect the way he’s gone about this.

Trent Williams
LeVeon Bell

It almost always never works out for these guys who try to force their way out of situations. I suspect that wherever DW4 winds up, it’ll be in a less than his ideal situation. He needs to be careful before he winds up like Kaep though.

Last edited:
I don't think some of you guys get it.
The culture that many of the players, including Foster and A.J. we're referring to is the warden running the show.
The Warden is supposed to be in charge, the comment was the inmates running the prison.

Exactly.

Does he have leverage?

He will be traded most likely and I cant wait for thatday so we can move onto the next chapter in Texans football and maybe this MB can get back to talking about how to improve the team through the draft/FA like it used to be rather than It's everybody elses fault that DW4 isn't this or that.

I'm just enjoying the show DW4's putting on for the WOF's right now. They gotta have their panties off in a wad because he's exactly what I said he was after 51-7, the kinda guy that cuts and runs as fast as he can when times get tough. Good riddance

Hopefully soon enough it will be good riddance to the DW4 threads and apologists.

The Warden is supposed to be in charge, the comment was the inmates running the prison.

The saying was supposed to be asylum. Bob McNair misspoke, if he hadn't this wouldn't have been an issue. But since he did the woke crowd took it out of context and ran with it. (Shocking) BTW, are there white/hispanic people in prison?

Back