Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dunta Robinson, Texans to Part Ways

A guy who played 5 snaps and didn't give up any receptions is not the greatest corner to ever take the field. He's a bum who couldn't get on the field.

I like this one, it made my day LOL...THANKS

Goat, I see your point but I still don't agree with it. Dunta played in our #1 CB role. We didn't resign him but it doesn't mean we didn't replace him. It means that either 1, 2 or both things applied:

1. Mgmnt thinks we could do better with what we have or will pursue (draft/FA)
2. Mgmnt does not think he is worth the $$$

Alot of people say well its an uncapped year so sign him, if it was my money I wouldn't. Just b/c there is no cap, does it mean spend wildly for 1 year on everything? That still does not necessarily transform us into SB contenders so it makes zero business sense. $12M is just too much to pay a player who is not performing at that level esp when you have a choice; so the Texans exercised their choice. Most of us think Reeves is the better cover corner so maybe its time for him to take over the opposing team's #1 WR in coverage. This would allow our younger CBs to step up in into the #2 CB and nickel spots. Other teams have done it with young CBs why can't we?

Bob is cheap. Dunta was our best corner and we lost him. Pitts was one of our best interior lineman and we lost him. Both were drafted early by the Texans.

So much for Bob's 'build through the draft' excuse for not spending money on quality free agents. We can't even retain our own.....

Did I miss something? When did we lose Pitts? Is this purely your speculation?

If so.............:choke:

I like this one, it made my day LOL...THANKS

Goat, I see your point but I still don't agree with it. Dunta played in our #1 CB role. We didn't resign him but it doesn't mean we didn't replace him. It means that either 1, 2 or both things applied:

1. Mgmnt thinks we could do better with what we have or will pursue (draft/FA)
2. Mgmnt does not think he is worth the $$$

Alot of people say well its an uncapped year so sign him, if it was my money I wouldn't. Just b/c there is no cap, does it mean spend wildly for 1 year on everything? That still does not necessarily transform us into SB contenders so it makes zero business sense. $12M is just too much to pay a player who is not performing at that level esp when you have a choice; so the Texans exercised their choice. Most of us think Reeves is the better cover corner so maybe its time for him to take over the opposing team's #1 WR in coverage. This would allow our younger CBs to step up in into the #2 CB and nickel spots. Other teams have done it with young CBs why can't we?

Obviously D-Rob isn't good value at $12 mil for one year. Nobody would argue that.

But when you're on the cusp of finally breaking into the playoffs and pull this, it just stinks of 2005. Remember when we went 7-9, the media loved us and the fans were pumped for the playoffs? Then suddenly we dumped our vets, overpaid a bunch of turds from a horrid FA class, had a piss poor draft and proceeded to go 2-14. That's what this year feels like.

Our best(and I use the term loosely) case scenario for this year is to sign Bodden, who is going to demand a lot of money as an only slightly bellow average corner in a nonexistent FA class. That would have serious ramifications spanning 5+ years of our franchise. We could also roll the dice in the annual craps shoot and use a high draft pick that could have filled one of our 7 other gaping holes.

Which would you rather the Texans have:

-Dunta Robinson - 1st round draft pick at DT/G/C/FS

-1st round CB and $12 mil that disappears into Bob's bank account, never to be seen again

For me that's not even a question.

-1st round CB and $12 mil that disappears into Bob's bank account, never to be seen again
Did you consider the possibility of:

FAs @ DT/G/C/or FS and 1st CB?

What's with the whining about signings and draft picks before free agency and the draft? There's plenty of time to ***** and moan about the Texans offseason moves. Maybe we should wait until they actually do something before we start crying about it?

For the people saying Bob isn't committed to winning and is just in for profit, gimme a break. It doesn't make sense.

Along that line of logic, wouldn't winning in the playoffs and/or a Superbowl increase your brand and make you more money? So why wouldn't he be committed to winning if it could make him more money at it? Afterall, that's all he is in it for right? That logic contradicts itself and does not make sense.

The REAL problem those people are having with Bob is the way he is going about winning. They seem to feel like he's doing it all wrong. Well, there is a solution. Go become a billionaire and buy yourself and team and show the world how right you are.

It's crazy to assume that Bob doesn't want to win because it hasnt' been proven to 'you'. Want to argue he's trusting the wrong football people to run his team, fine.....want to critique the way he goes about it fine.....but this 'Bob hasn't proven to me he wants to win' stuff is just mind boggling to me.

Oh, and last time I check Dunta doesn't even want to be on this team, what good is forcing a player to stay, overpaying him just so he can take plays off when he feels like it and costing the club some wins.

But carry on, :deadhorse:

What is the Texans winning %?

How many winning seasons have the Texans had?

Playoff appearances?

You dont think it's appropriate to ? McNairs committment to winning?

Oh well take another sip of the koolaid. It's umm ummm good

What is the Texans winning %? Not high enough

How many winning seasons have the Texans had? 1

Playoff appearances? 0

You dont think it's appropriate to ? I don't follow? McNairs committment to winning? How can people assume because we haven't had the results yet that the committment from the OWNER is not there.

Oh well take another sip of the koolaid. It's umm ummm good. Well goh-lee that's orginal, Ha ha ha, pass me a bigger cup......there's barely anything in this one.

You guys are probably right, he dropped a half a billion because he only wanted to be mediocre.

I posed a question to all the Dunta-lovers earlier in this thread asking for what big plays he has made, since he wants big time money... All I got was 1 interception and one forced fumble.

NOW I want to ask something to all the McNair-haters. What has he ever done to suggest that he's not willing to do what it takes to win?

Did you consider the possibility of:

FAs @ DT/G/C/or FS and 1st CB?

What's with the whining about signings and draft picks before free agency and the draft? There's plenty of time to ***** and moan about the Texans offseason moves. Maybe we should wait until they actually do something before we start crying about it?

This thread is for you: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68358

You guys are probably right, he dropped a half a billion because he only wanted to be mediocre.

The Texans are one of the most profitable franchises in the NFL. It's not like he just gave $500,000,000 to the city of Houston as a charitable contribution. He's making a ton of money.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/football-values-09_Houston-Texans_302019.html

#6 Houston Texans

Team Value $1.2 bil

Houston Texans
are owned by Robert McNair (Net Worth: $1.2 billion),
who bought them in 1999
for $700 mil.

1-Yr Value Chg. 2%
Ann. Value Chg. 5%
Debt/Value 26%
Revenue $256 mil
Operating Income $41.5 mil
Player Expenses $140 mil
Gate Receipts $50 mil

His $700 million investment has increased 71.4% in value in a decade without one playoff appearance to show for it.

The Texans are one of the most profitable franchises in the NFL. It's not like he just gave $500,000,000 to the city of Houston as a charitable contribution. He's making a ton of money.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/football-values-09_Houston-Texans_302019.html

His $700 million investment has increased 71.4% in value in a decade without one playoff appearance to show for it.

So if we won some playoff games and possibly a superbowl would Bob stand to make even more money? Would ticket prices go up? Would his brand be more recognizable?

Last edited:

Numbers dont lie, both the Texans winning % and McNairs profit margin.

The Texans raised ticket prices 7% after failing at their stated mission. (making the playoffs)

How much are they going to raise ticket prices when they actually live up to the hype and make the playoffs?

This is just another business to McNair and he's a great businessman.

I posed a question to all the Dunta-lovers earlier in this thread asking for what big plays he has made, since he wants big time money... All I got was 1 interception and one forced fumble.

NOW I want to ask something to all the McNair-haters. What has he ever done to suggest that he's not willing to do what it takes to win?

I think he makes a lot of decisions based on his feelings, or based upon how much he likes a person. He pushes the "character" card to a flaw.

It's as if he doesn't want to JUST win, but he wants to be known as the nicest team in the nation, with the cleanest-cut players and staff, etc.

While it's good that he's loyal and gives people lots of chain, I wonder if this is somehow seeping down into the psyche of the team's attitude and their mindset on the field on gameday.

Because if you know that your owner is a patient man, someone who gave $8 million to David Carr for a wasted season, as well as almost $10 million to Dunta, and then there's keeping Travis Johnson for about 2 years too long, as well, and the list goes on (Richard Smith anyone?) then you begin to think that there's always another day, another game, and another season down the road as a Texans player.

The niceness is being carried out to a flaw, IMO.

So in an innocent, unassuming way, McNair has contributed to this team's inability to seize the key moments and to make actual progress...versus progress that's defined by McNair: "I measure Gary against the other coaches in the NFL, and I think he's on the right track, blah-blah-blah..."

Does this jive with anybody here? That's the "nicest" way I can put it, since the Texans are all about how we approach the game of football.

I think he makes a lot of decisions based on his feelings, or based upon how much he likes a person. He pushes the "character" card to a flaw.

It's as if he doesn't want to JUST win, but he wants to be known as the nicest team in the nation, with the cleanest-cut players and staff, etc.

While it's good that he's loyal and gives people lots of chain, I wonder if this is somehow seeping down into the psyche of the team's attitude and their mindset on the field on gameday.

Because if you know that your owner is a patient man, someone who gave $8 million to David Carr for a wasted season, as well as almost $10 million to Dunta, and then there's keeping Travis Johnson for about 2 years too long, as well, and the list goes on (Richard Smith anyone?) then you begin to think that there's always another day, another game, and another season down the road as a Texans player.

The niceness is being carried out to a flaw, IMO.

So in an innocent, unassuming way, McNair has contributed to this team's inability to seize the key moments and to make actual progress...versus progress that's defined by McNair: "I measure Gary against the other coaches in the NFL, and I think he's on the right track, blah-blah-blah..."

Does this jive with anybody here? That's the "nicest" way I can put it, since the Texans are all about how we approach the game of football.

That was a very nice way to put it.

Nice has no place in the NFL. IMHO

I want my players to be big tough mean SOB's that are fast and willing to do whatever it takes to win.

But that's just me. It certianly doesn't describe Bob McNair.

That was the nicest way that i know how to put it.

That was a very nice way to put it.

Nice has no place in the NFL. IMHO

I want my players to be big tough mean SOB's that are fast and willing to do whatever it takes to win.

But that's just me. It certianly doesn't describe Bob McNair.

That was the nicest way that i know how to put it.

Well, "Thank you," steelbtexan.

You are a nice guy, too. I like your posts a lot.

I would like to reward you with 8 million rep points. Or 10 million. Your choice. :heart:

Did I miss something? When did we lose Pitts? Is this purely your speculation?

If so.............:choke:

yeah, he is gone. but we are 'building through the draft' and rewarding the players that play well for us....

...what a load of crap...but hey, a lot of the fanbase actually buys that load of crap.

yeah, he is gone. but we are 'building through the draft' and rewarding the players that play well for us....

...what a load of crap...but hey, a lot of the fanbase actually buys that load of crap.

I must have missed something.....or is this just you speculating?

For you these are "your" only choices. I'm not going to list other choices but you know there are more possibilities than that.

To the other posters that question McNair's commitment to winning:

Do you really think McNair tells his people ok you can sign some players but you can only spend "X" amount? Do you think McNair can scout a player for this team's need? McNair is a businessman, he pays people to make the football decisions and I highly doubt he goes against their judgment unless something is blatantly out of the ordinary. Look at this: http://www.houstontexans.com/team/FrontOffice.asp at spots 4 and 5 under executive mgmnt and spots 1 and 2 under football operations...those are your decision makers as far as players are concerned. Even though he won't let his decision makers just spend all of his money I'm sure if they want someone/something he will oblige.

Well, "Thank you," steelbtexan.

You are a nice guy, too. I like your posts a lot.

I would like to reward you with 8 million rep points. Or 10 million. Your choice. :heart:

You can franchise me if you want to 12 million rep points

Or a long term deal 40 mil over 5 yrs. (23 mil garunteed)

Where's my shoes and tape (PAY ME GP)

LOL

I must have missed something.....or is this just you speculating?

Just speculation. But it wouldn't be surprising either as he is 30 now which isn't old for an OLmen but is also coming off a major injury which the Texans have a lot more information on than we do. Remember Sharper? - people were pissed when he was let go. Turns out the Texans were right that his knee was about to go.

Yeh rich Fat Cat!!! What does he think he's doing making a profit!!! That Billion that he earned and invested in an upstart NFL Franchise should be spent in order to pacify, us the loyal fans!!!!

Professional sports are a choice not a right, if we feel that ol' Bob is raking us over the coals for profit through tickets prices and not spending anything on the team then we don't have to buy tickets or anything else for that matter. This is "his" bussiness, he has all the risk so he get's all the reward.

Bud "Satan" Adams owne the ummm, uummm well you know what he owned had the right to move the franchise he owned, but he was a pr**k about it and extorted money from the city every year for the Dome, at least Bob hasn't tried to pull that sh*t and probably never will.

Yeh rich Fat Cat!!! What does he think he's doing making a profit!!! That Billion that he earned and invested in an upstart NFL Franchise should be spent in order to pacify, us the loyal fans!!!!

Professional sports are a choice not a right, if we feel that ol' Bob is raking us over the coals for profit through tickets prices and not spending anything on the team then we don't have to buy tickets or anything else for that matter. This is "his" bussiness, he has all the risk so he get's all the reward.

Bud "Satan" Adams owne the ummm, uummm well you know what he owned had the right to move the franchise he owned, but he was a pr**k about it and extorted money from the city every year for the Dome, at least Bob hasn't tried to pull that sh*t and probably never will.

Your right and this town has told one owner to take a hike. It could happen again. If we dont spend $ on uncle BoBs toy does that make this a city of bad fans?

Uncle BoB will never have to pull a Bottom Line Bud. He is subsidized by the energy tax that is Reliant Stadium.

Not that I'm taking up for anything Bud Adams does.

For you these are "your" only choices. I'm not going to list other choices but you know there are more possibilities than that.

To the other posters that question McNair's commitment to winning:

Do you really think McNair tells his people ok you can sign some players but you can only spend "X" amount? Do you think McNair can scout a player for this team's need? McNair is a businessman, he pays people to make the football decisions and I highly doubt he goes against their judgment unless something is blatantly out of the ordinary. Look at this: http://www.houstontexans.com/team/FrontOffice.asp at spots 4 and 5 under executive mgmnt and spots 1 and 2 under football operations...those are your decision makers as far as players are concerned. Even though he won't let his decision makers just spend all of his money I'm sure if they want someone/something he will oblige.

1. My speculation is that he DOES put a cap on what people can spend on players, and even on coaches.

2. Unless, that is, he has a special someone he wants to really roll out the red carpet for (such as Carr's $8 million season of wastefulness, and Dunta's $10 million year of wastefulness). We could have spent that $10 million on a free agent. But nooooo.....Dunta held some sort of sentimental value to the owner.

This guy makes some curious decisions to me. In almost all other scenarios, we see disciplined spending and what seems to be great job by Rick Smith of putting the right value on contracts in accordance to the player, his value, and the cap aspects related to the contracts.

But then we see two instances where a couple of players, in their respective moments of time in their careers, were not worth the lavish one-year extensions they received.

So someone (maybe the guy who writes the actual checks???) made the executive decision(s) to pay these guys big money for questionable results.

I think Bob McNair has more to do with this team than just making canned statements and sitting in his booth during games. I think, to some degree, he's in there in the decision-making process on certain things. To what extent? Not sure. But I think he alone was responsible for the Carr and Dunta red-carpet-treatment.

I can't reconcile, in my mind, that Kubiak, Bush, and/or Rick Smith thought Dunta deserved the money for the injury he was coming off of and for the attitude he rolled out during the off-season. I see Kubiak/Smith telling Dunta to take flying leap if they had their way. The reason I think this is because DeMeco and OD didn't get red-carpet-treatments last off-season. And out of Dunta, DeMeco, and OD, I see Kubiak/Smith desiring to give that sort of money to 'Meco or OD. Not Dunta.

McNair wants other NFL "superstars" out there to see that he takes care of the Texans "superstars," because it's a P.R. stunt to draw them here. I argue that we can sit here and point fingers at what moves are McNair's and what moves are coaching moves made by the coaches.

And I don't buy the idea that Rick Smith grabs players and stuffs them onto Kubiak's roster without consulting Kubiak. That's a whole other conversation, though.

LZ and Marcus Coleman were talking Friday morning and saying that the Texans have decided to let Pitts become a UFA. They were also talking about how Gary in his post-season presser was talking about looking forward to getting Chester back for 2010. Sounds like someone put the kaybosh on that feeling.

but yeah, were 'building through the draft'....building towards another 2-14 freefall like we had in 2005. someone on this thread spoke how this whole thing smells like that offseason where we were 7-9 and then the organization got rid of players like Glenn and Sharper amongst others, and the whole shithouse went up in flames.

Other than the fact that we have competent QBing, this smells like that offseason.

and to the guy who was saying 'God forbid Bob make a profit'...Bob's franchise value has reportedly increased by 75%...but I guess that isn't enough profit. 500million increase just isn't enough. Lets put another $12 in the coffer at the detriment of his team's talent level. The sheeple are buying it. I guess I would too.

I am sorry SH but your comparison of Sharper and Glenn to Chester and Dunta
is like comparing Super man and Bat Man to Bart and Homer Simpson. Chester was mediocre and you want him on the team, Dunta was below mediocre and you want him on the team. Gary was above mediocre but you want him gone, and Bob is way above mediocre but you would get rid of him if you could. Come on do you not see where your going, clean those goggles man your headed straight into Mediocreville.

LZ and Marcus Coleman were talking Friday morning and saying that the Texans have decided to let Pitts become a UFA. They were also talking about how Gary in his post-season presser was talking about looking forward to getting Chester back for 2010. Sounds like someone put the kaybosh on that feeling.

but yeah, were 'building through the draft'....building towards another 2-14 freefall like we had in 2005. someone on this thread spoke how this whole thing smells like that offseason where we were 7-9 and then the organization got rid of players like Glenn and Sharper amongst others, and the whole shithouse went up in flames.

Other than the fact that we have competent QBing, this smells like that offseason.

and to the guy who was saying 'God forbid Bob make a profit'...Bob's franchise value has reportedly increased by 75%...but I guess that isn't enough profit. 500million increase just isn't enough. Lets put another $12 in the coffer at the detriment of his team's talent level. The sheeple are buying it. I guess I would too.

You would be dead-on, except that Aaron Glenn was a much better CB in 2004 than Dunta ever was. There is a reason that Dunta's best season came when he played across from Glenn. Therefore, losing Dunta shouldn't be as big as losing Glenn. Dunta seemed to put himself before the team, also. That being said, it is very foolish to let your best CB go over money, especially in an upcapped year. If they bring in someone who is a clear upgrade, then all should be forgiven, but letting him go and relying on Quin, McCain, and Reeves is more than a bit like playing Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun.

As for McNair's profit, I really couldn't care less about a man whose net worth is in the billions losing a few million. Money shouldn't be an issue, and it's very disheartening to get fed the company line of "spending as if there was a cap" and "building through the draft" when we have a team that is on the cusp of greatness with a couple of big moves, and knowing that those big moves aren't going to happen.

1. My speculation is that he DOES put a cap on what people can spend on players, I'm sure the NFL's CBA does this

2. Unless, that is, he has a special someone he wants to really roll out the red carpet for (such as Carr's $8 million season of wastefulness, and Dunta's $10 million year of wastefulness). We could have spent that $10 million on a free agent.On Carr, I bet it was Kubiak who said he could win with him so the option was picked up (you know with Kubiak being the proclaimed QB genius). With Dunta last year what was our other option? They thought he would be the CB he was prior injury...with the spark he supposedly provided when he came back at the end of 08. He didn't sign the contract which was good for us in hindsight

So someone (maybe the guy who writes the actual checks???) made the executive decision(s) to pay these guys big money for questionable results.See the link I posted and look at the chain. While McNair is the owner and ultimately will hold responsibility for the franchise look where Kubiak is. The Texans are not just a football team, they are a corporation and Kubiak is #4 with the guy who should be his boss BENEATH him in the ENTIRE operation

But I think he alone was responsible for the Carr and Dunta red-carpet-treatment.I disagree...the football people in the organization make the decisions and make the owner aware, McNair of course gives the green or red light but I highly doubt he is football savvy enough to make player personnel decisions.

I can't reconcile, in my mind, that Kubiak, Bush, and/or Rick Smith thought Dunta deserved the money for the injury he was coming off of and for the attitude he rolled out during the off-season. I see Kubiak/Smith telling Dunta to take flying leap if they had their way.I see this the other way, Kubiak is loyal to vets almost too much

The reason I think this is because DeMeco and OD didn't get red-carpet-treatments last off-season. And out of Dunta, DeMeco, and OD, I see Kubiak/Smith desiring to give that sort of money to 'Meco or OD. Not Dunta.Ryans and OD weren't UFAs last season and they are not this season either unlike Dunta. In hindsight maybe we should have gone after Bodden, but again that's not the owner who missed that call and we offered OD a real good deal last year if you ask me

McNair wants other NFL "superstars" out there to see that he takes care of the Texans "superstars," because it's a P.R. stunt to draw them here. What superstar level of FA did we re-sign? Dunta wasn't that

I argue that we can sit here and point fingers at what moves are McNair's and what moves are coaching moves made by the coaches.I'm not educated or informed enough inside the Texans org to accurately give you a debate on this. But we can both specualte

And I don't buy the idea that Rick Smith grabs players and stuffs them onto Kubiak's roster without consulting Kubiak. That's a whole other conversation, though.Again I believe Kubiak has more input into personnel decisions with Smith making sure it can be beneficial financially (in present/future terms) or thru draft picks.
See my responses in bold.

Also however small chance it may be, Dunta could still end up a Texan. What we know right now is that he was not franchised or signed to a new deal. Do we know for sure that the Texans are not just trying to see what his value is on the market?

So I'm guessing you're not that impressed with the pending free agent class? Well, have you considered the possibility that the free agent class will grow when some teams (or a lot of teams) dump big contracts without repercussions in this cap free season?

McNair has stated they aren't going to be players in the free agent game.

Even if he hadn't said that I wouldn't be that optimistic based on his track record regarding attracting top FAs.

also, JT. I love your optimism, but why you calling Pitts mediocre? Obviously a lot of fans have an axe to grind with Dunta, but what did Pitts do to earn your wrath? That guy was a helluva football player and one of the leaders in the locker room. Pitts has been a damn good football player for us, not great, but damn good. Guy has an injury and people want to throw him to the curb when he is a UFA. OD has an injury and people want to re-sign him even though he is just an RFA. What is that all about?

Where is this 'loyalty' and 'building through the draft' that McNair speaks of? Just sayin.

playa465,

Kubiak is McNair's kind of coach. They share the same attributes, IMO, in terms of the approach to playing veterans and playing favorites. It's what McNair means when he says "I have been grading Gary against other coaches in the NFL and I like what I see in Gary" (paraphrased). In short, McNair is saying that he "likes" Gary.

Liking is the flavor of the month for McNair. If he "likes" someone, well...do the math with David and Dunta's contracts. Because actual production and overall value to the team doesn't figure into the equation.

Our approach to potential players is that we're a nice place, nice facilities, good clean-cut atmosphere, etc., etc. That's fine with me (better than being known as murder's row). I just think it permeates everything and every nook and cranny of this team. It's almost overkill.

Just observation.

Pitts is coming off an injury and the Texans have never got the injury bug right, Maybe they know something we do not know. Pitts was all we had and he did a good job but he was not top 50% starting O lineman. He ws on the back half of the starters thus mediocre. And it could be we are making room for a better Player no one knows. SH you want to call out McNair on not going after FA when he is not a stupid man, if there is someone there we will grab em we just aint going after a 35 year old scrub like we have in the past.
Patients

Pitts is coming off an injury and the Texans have never got the injury bug right, Maybe they know something we do not know. Pitts was all we had and he did a good job but he was not top 50% starting O lineman. He ws on the back half of the starters thus mediocre. And it could be we are making room for a better Player no one knows. SH you want to call out McNair on not going after FA when he is not a stupid man, if there is someone there we will grab em we just aint going after a 35 year old scrub like we have in the past.
Patients

Doctor.

I love word association games.

So I'm guessing you're not that impressed with the pending free agent class? Well, have you considered the possibility that the free agent class will grow when some teams (or a lot of teams) dump big contracts without repercussions in this cap free season?

Teams will dump the contracts of underachievers. This is their opportunity to let go of bad situations like we had with Weaver, and old farts on their last leg.

Most of the good players are RFA or have already been Franchised. This was a bad year to let your own players walk.

Teams will dump the contracts of underachievers. This is their opportunity to let go of bad situations like we had with Weaver, and old farts on their last leg.

Kinda like the Chiefs viewed Pollard last season? One man gathers what another man spills.

I don't understand the people who are already criticizing the Texans moves. Don't ya'll realize that the offseason has just begun? It's like criticizing a chef for his omellette when all he has done so far is crack the eggs. Until we know who is taking his place on the roster next season, we don't really know anything. I think the Texans brass feels confident they can replace Dunta with a more productive player at a cheaper price.

Teams will dump the contracts of underachievers.
Teams will dump bad contracts. That doesn't mean some of these guys can't still play.

I'm not one to sugar coat every move Smithiak makes. But, I'm not going to bash them until the results are in. And I find it laughable to dump on them before the process even begins. I knew last offseason that the Texans were not going to franchise Robinson for a 2nd year.

I don't know the plans the Texans have for replacing Robinson. I do know that secondary coach David Gibbs teaches techniques that might be easier for younger players to learn. As they have less to unlearn. I saw the Colts make it to the Super Bowl with 2 rookies of their top 3 corners. So playing young players is not an excuse to lose.

Pitts is coming off an injury and the Texans have never got the injury bug right, Maybe they know something we do not know. Pitts was all we had and he did a good job but he was not top 50% starting O lineman. He ws on the back half of the starters thus mediocre.

Gonna have to differ with you here. Pitts was a very good LG. Season prior to injury he was a pro-bowl alternate at a position which gets no press or fan voting so coaches and players agreed he was good. Having said that, with his age and coming off an injury losing him isn't the end of the world. I certainly don't read anything into it like SH. Just looks like a business move to me if they are letting him go.

Who has jumped out of the woodwork to talk with Dunta. How do you know we don't let Dunta sit and pick up dust just to have him beg for a job before camp? I have not heard any talk that a team is interested in a guy who is mediocre at best and will Write pay me GM on his clothes when he does not get his way. Maybe Dunta needs to exercise the :voodoo: and in the words of Disney "Get you head in the Game".

Who has jumped out of the woodwork to talk with Dunta. How do you know we don't let Dunta sit and pick up dust just to have him beg for a job before camp? I have not heard any talk that a team is interested in a guy who is mediocre at best and will Write pay me GM on his clothes when he does not get his way. Maybe Dunta needs to exercise the :voodoo: and in the words of Disney "Get you head in the Game".

He will be with the Steelers or Giants, if you ask me. Both have dire needs at the position and both teams have a lot of their own RFA/UFA issues handled and negotiated, thus freeing them to concentrate on bringing some people in.

If anyone doesn't think Dunta is going to get big time paid they are kidding themselves. Also, anyone who has deluded themselves enough to think Dunta is going to 'beg to come back' is just off the charts insane.

Dunta is gone and we got nothing for him. Hooray for building through the draft.
Pitts will be gone by Tuesday and we got nothing for him. Hooray for building through the draft.
At least McNair spent the big money and retained DelJuan Robinson's services. Thats spending the big money right there.

McNair FTW

Free agency doesn't start until March 5 (unless you're a street free agent - which Dunta's not). Any contact - or even acknowledgement - prior to that would be tampering. For example, Ladainian's been released, and as such is a street FA. Rick Smith has indicated the Texans will take a look at him (whatever that actually means). Sproles isn't a street FA, and will not become available until 3/5 (other than to re-sign with San Diego). As such, no NFL team is supposed to even discuss him.

I feel confident that Dunta will see considerable interest once the time gets here (even though I'm not overly upset to see him go).

I think Robinson winds up with a team playing a Tampa 2 scheme. Or back with Dom Capers in Green Bay.

On a Tampa 2 team Dunta will be very productive. IMHO

He just wasn't a good fit in a Bush defense/Gibbs secondary.

Now the question is were will dunta go?????

Greenbay with capers
within the divison jags colts titans what if dunta had to cover
AJ next year LOL

Browns bills tho I think dunta would want to stay in the afc and take less money. NAaa what am I saying he will prob go for the team that pays him
the most

If anyone doesn't think Dunta is going to get big time paid they are kidding themselves. Also, anyone who has deluded themselves enough to think Dunta is going to 'beg to come back' is just off the charts insane.

I know Dunta will be overpaid by someone. Some team will get all giddly like a little school girl at prom about him. Similar to the way Carolina got when they scored HWSRN.

I wouldn't take Dunta back if he begged me, or he "paid me Dunta" and loaned me his girlfriend.

This thread is starting to make me wish we had another "Should I stay or should I go now? Sincerely, Kris Brown" Thread.

Back