Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Does this win feel more like a loss?

It was reported at the time Vance Joseph was Kubiak's choice for DC and the Bengals wouldn't let Joseph out of his contract, so Kubiak turned to Wade as DC.

You can look it up if you wish.
Like I predicted, you wouldn’t provide a link.

Just to play along, I did do a Google search, and didn’t find anything. My searching skills may not be the best though.

Considering the Broncos did hire Joseph as the HC after Kubiak... sounds like it’s the FO that’s actually high on Joseph.

Look, none of us has any proof on any of this. Let’s just leave it at, and stop stating it as fact.

Like I predicted, you wouldn’t provide a link.

Just to play along, I did do a Google search, and didn’t find anything. My searching skills may not be the best though.

Considering the Broncos did hire Joseph as the HC after Kubiak... sounds like it’s the FO that’s actually high on Joseph.

Look, none of us has any proof on any of this. Let’s just leave it at, and stop stating it as fact.

Anyways, even with my very limited computer skills I was able to find this in 2 mins. So either 1. You didn't look and knew of my deficiencies when it comes to computers. 2. You're FOS and lying.

I dont know how to post links but google cincinatti bengals deny vance joseph the right to interview for the denver broncos defensive coordinator job

It's the 3rd story from the top by the cincy jungle.

Last edited:
I dont know how to post links but google cincinatti bengals deny vance joseph the right to interview for the denver broncos defensive coordinator job

I found this one …. http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/159580/report-bengals-block-vance-joseph-from-broncos

Bengals block Vance Joseph from Broncos

The Cincinnati Bengals have blocked co-defensive backs coach Vance Joseph from leaving for a job with the Denver Broncos, according to a report from Fox Sports.

Fox Sports' Alex Marvez, who is in Mobile, Alabama, for the Senior Bowl, reported late Tuesday night that the Bengals will not allow Joseph out of his contract in order to become the Broncos' new defensive coordinator.

There is actually 3 or more links to be had from 2015 there

Big picture, yeah I'd love to see a Championship. But after week 8 I'd be happier with 4-4 than 1-7

If I had any belief that OB could win …. I'd be right there with you.

Problem is that I don't think that leopard can change his spots. He isn't a good coach and doesn't have a good offense with a dynamic Watson and probably the best trio of WR's in the league in DHop , Fuller and Qt.

He's part of the problem , not part of the solution - when you reach that conclusion , its time to move on.

Knowing its time to move on …. and also knowing how McNair operates , it's gonna take a piss poor result for him to pull the plug on OB , 8-8 gets us another year of the same.

I'd prefer a 2-14 season with the promise of a fresh start with a new staff who might actually be competent instead of this perpetual mediocrity.

Problem is that I don't think that leopard can change his spots. He isn't a good coach and doesn't have a good offense with a dynamic Watson and probably the best trio of WR's in the league in DHop , Fuller and Qt.

He's part of the problem , not part of the solution - when you reach that conclusion , its time to move on.

Knowing its time to move on …. and also knowing how McNair operates , it's gonna take a piss poor result for him to pull the plug on OB , 8-8 gets us another year of the same.

I'd prefer a 2-14 season with the promise of a fresh start with a new staff who might actually be competent instead of this perpetual mediocrity.

Been saying this since 2010

So the real question is then why in the holy hell do u dudes pop in here week after week, year after year complaining?

I mean its patently asinine to come in here bitching about what's wrong with this team and then turn around & resign yourselves with the defeatist attitude of "same ol' Texans" type of thinking even when you do get what you want.
You wanted a qb, FO went out and got the best one in FA that was available with Oz; **** was a disaster that cost this team valuable cap space and eventual high draft pick. resources that perhaps could've been allocated towards resigning a Buoye or Brown.........or perhaps taking a high round LT to help protect Watson.

& don’t sit up here and give me the "well if we got a new **this** I would be hopeful for the future" bullshit either b/c if u truly thought like that, you wouldn’t be watching them play every week since apparently you guys already know what's going to happen under BoB & According to how "McNair operates" we're destined for perpetual mediocrity anyway right?

You guys literally kill your own damn arguments.

Say what you will about Steelb, but at least we know where he stands......even if his theory is tired and off base.

You're right leopards don't change their spots, but that applies all the way around to not just HC's..it applies to fans as well.

Because it's a darn sports blog. And this is how we blow off steam. I've seen you let out some yourself.

Now why are you on here bleeping about what others bleep about. You don't think that's pretty asinine on your part as well. ( Using Steven A word) hahaha

Because it's a darn sports blog. And this is how we blow off steam. I've seen you let out some yourself.

Now why are you on here bleeping about what others bleep about. You don't think that's pretty asinine on your part as well. ( Using Steven A word) hahaha

Point taken...& to that i say if BoB and the Texans org is pissing you off that much, you probably need to find a new team or hobby. It's one thing to blow off steam in the game thread in the heat
and aftermath of a game...its another to have every thread related to the Texans devolve into "BoB sux" shitstorm.

I mean look at the title of this thread....Like really? You know who would like to have a win any and every week? Every damn team in the NFL.

Point taken...& to that i say if BoB and the Texans org is pissing you off that much, you probably need to find a new team or hobby. It's one thing to blow off steam in the game thread in the heat
and aftermath of a game...its another to have every thread related to the Texans devolve into "BoB sux" shitstorm.

I mean look at the title of this thread....Like really? You know who would like to have a win any and every week? Every damn team in the NFL.

Yeah let us all find a new team huh. Dang Steel someone has finally used my words against me. I've said this to Steel a million times already. Bwhahaha too funny and classic. Dude this type of reaction has been going on ever since the first sports blogs. People are going to Express their feelings, no whether it's high or low. There's going to be a lot pessimism versus optimism versus neutral. It's a rollercoaster ride man.

I'm here to stay

I'm not saying he wasn't. Steelb was saying, without support, Wade wasn't Kubiak's 1st choice. But Kubiak moved far quicker on Wade than OB did on RC. So I raised the question whether RC was OB's 1st choice. I have no information to say he wasn't, just like steelb has nothing to say Wade wasn't 1st choice.

Sorry, bad impersonation. I got what you were saying. I was pretending to be one of those people who hear what they want & run with it.

Hmmm....... :thinking:

Whole buncha empty statistics that haven't produced the desired results - Wins.

Hmmm ….. :corrosion:

Now you're moving the line. His offense has been productive. That's a fact.

His team can't score more points than the other team. That's a fact.

With Will Fuller for just a little more than one game, this unimaginative offense is moving the ball.

And so without Watson would look worse. What's your point?

They didn't run OB's offense with Watson last year. OB's offense sucks goat gonads.

My point is he said
He isn't a good coach and doesn't have a good offense with a dynamic Watson and probably the best trio of WR's in the league in DHop , Fuller and Qt

& I showed that "not good offense" was top 5 in the league prior to today's games.

You know I'm no fan of O'b but according to the way the league has ranked offenses for a good while now, O'bs offense has been moving the ball with the best in the league. Maybe in spite of O'b... but that's a different argument all together.

My point is he said

& I showed that "not good offense" was top 5 in the league prior to today's games.

You know I'm no fan of O'b but according to the way the league has ranked offenses for a good while now, O'bs offense has been moving the ball with the best in the league. Maybe in spite of O'b... but that's a different argument all together.

Let's do in spite of.

It was a good win but man either OB needs to leave or hire a competent OC.

OK, so I was pretty sure the Texans would **** the bed against Dallas and I'll be damned if they didn't do their best to pull it off. Just like with most everything else they attempt they failed there too and won in spite of themselves. That was an ugly game made bearable by the fact that I had it on in the background while playing a video game (Path of Exile junkie here) and I don't care how high they're ranked in yards and **** like that an offense that can't score touchdowns is a **** offense.

O'Brain's offense is garbage. Rolls down the field regularly and screeches to a halt when the goal line appears. He's got talented players at the skill positions but the failure to build a proper OL is going to get Watson killed out there.

Still felt more like a loss to me but who cares really. Astros are on today.

Seriously? You're a hard man to please.
I am proud of the way this team gutted out that win.
Showed a lot of character.
That was a great game of football.
Go Texans!

I was answering the question on if the win felt like a loss. Does it feel like a loss to you?

OK, so I was pretty sure the Texans would **** the bed against Dallas and I'll be damned if they didn't do their best to pull it off. Just like with most everything else they attempt they failed there too and won in spite of themselves. That was an ugly game made bearable by the fact that I had it on in the background while playing a video game (Path of Exile junkie here) and I don't care how high they're ranked in yards and **** like that an offense that can't score touchdowns is a **** offense.

O'Brain's offense is garbage. Rolls down the field regularly and screeches to a halt when the goal line appears. He's got talented players at the skill positions but the failure to build a proper OL is going to get Watson killed out there.

Lots of terrible play calls and questionable decisions there, but the players gave it there all and pulled it out for him. I think Prescotts play bailed out RAC also. Special teams were much better as well. Kareem had a nice game, and Cunningham didn't play bad against the run. Mercilus and McKinney didn't show up as wanted, but I think a big part of that is on RAC

My point is he said

Top 5 in the league in a useless metric …. and agreed in a later post that they cant outscore the opposition which is the objective of this entire venture. WIN!.

Top 5 in the league in a useless metric …. and agreed in a later post that they cant outscore the opposition which is the objective of this entire venture. WIN!.

They can move the ball between the 20's ok when Watson & others bail them out. Redzone offense sucks. Thank God Ka'imi is pretty accurate up close most times.

Lots of terrible play calls and questionable decisions there, but the players gave it there all and pulled it out for him. I think Prescotts play bailed out RAC also. Special teams were much better as well. Kareem had a nice game, and Cunningham didn't play bad against the run. Mercilus and McKinney didn't show up as wanted, but I think a big part of that is on RAC

Mercilus is getting screwed (playing very similar to Clay Matthews at ILB), how he's not asking for a trade already is beyond me. Hell he's our best cover linebacker, and looked better against Tyron Smith in a few snaps than Clowney did all game - he could get paid anywhere. McKinney didn't have an all-around great game, but he saved us repeatedly outrunning plays that escaped outside by chasing them down for minimal gains. Zeke has 200yds if not for McKinney flying across the field, but McKinney was also nowhere to be seen on 3rd down conversions and power runs.

Mercilus is on RAC. McKinney and Cunningham both don't seem to have the elite level instincts that guys like Demeco and Cushing had. Talented surely, but when compared to the other side of the field in #54 Smith (who was amazing) and Vander Esch, as well as Sean Lee who was out ... they're simply not on that level. They're chasing plays and doing what they're told, as opposed to calling the defense and controlling the field.

Mercilus is getting screwed (playing very similar to Clay Matthews at ILB), how he's not asking for a trade already is beyond me. Hell he's our best cover linebacker, and looked better against Tyron Smith in a few snaps than Clowney did all game - he could get paid anywhere. McKinney didn't have an all-around great game, but he saved us repeatedly outrunning plays that escaped outside by chasing them down for minimal gains. Zeke has 200yds if not for McKinney flying across the field, but McKinney was also nowhere to be seen on 3rd down conversions and power runs.

Mercilus is on RAC. McKinney and Cunningham both don't seem to have the elite level instincts that guys like Demeco and Cushing had. Talented surely, but when compared to the other side of the field in #54 Smith (who was amazing) and Vander Esch, as well as Sean Lee who was out ... they're simply not on that level. They're chasing plays and doing what they're told, as opposed to calling the defense and controlling the field.

Trevor Daniel and Tyler Ervin and special teams also looked much better imo

Trevor Daniel and Tyler Ervin and special teams also looked much better imo

I hate it for Lechler, and I firmly believe that he deserves to be in the Hall Of Fame. Daniel is someone you spend a 2nd round pick on, this kid is 'lifetime' ... simply an amazing talent.

Reactions: JB
I hate it for Lechler, and I firmly believe that he deserves to be in the Hall Of Fame. Daniel is someone you spend a 2nd round pick on, this kid is 'lifetime' ... simply an amazing talent.

Lechler will be a HOF'er, but it was time for him to retire, so glad we have Daniel to replace him

I'm a PoE junkie myself, great game

They can move the ball between the 20's ok when Watson & others bail them out. Redzone offense sucks. Thank God Ka'imi is pretty accurate up close most times.

Bingo we have a winner.

They move the ball between the 20's …. but once things get compressed in the redzone , they struggle - especially when they only send two guys out on routes.

Basically what I said in response to TK …. a bunch of empty stats.

It all comes down to play calling. Bill O'Brien has to be more creative in that area of the field. He was last season

No, he has to be LESS creative. He has to be LESS Bill O'Brien. He has to be an NFL coach, not some highschool 3A coach trying to get his first win with gimmicks. And this is where I diverge. It's about playcalling because it's NOT about playcalling. If O'Brien could coach (his job) on weekdays, if he could oversee and improve his coaches, if he could get his players to improve their technique and be prepared for obvious situations ... we don't have dumbass playcalls. We have Tom Brady running an unstoppable sneak for a 3inch touchdown. We have FAILED calls because we FAILED to get our players taught and FAILED to have them prepared for simple situations.

No, he has to be LESS creative. He has to be LESS Bill O'Brien. He has to be an NFL coach, not some highschool 3A coach trying to get his first win. And this is where I diverge. It's about playcalling because it's NOT about playcalling. If O'Brien could coach (his job) on weekdays, if he could oversee and improve his coaches, if he could get his players to improve their technique and be prepared for obvious situations ... we don't have dumbass playcalls. We have Tom Brady running an unstoppable sneak for a 3inch touchdown. We have FAILED calls because we FAILED to get our players taught and FAILED to have them prepared for simple situations.

We're on the same thought process here in bold. I've said this since game one. But last season during those 6 games with Watson. We were pretty darn good in the redzone. Bill Obrien was very creative during that time. He looked like a fat boy in a ice cream shop with nobody around him.

Now he has reverted back to his old self. He looks overwhelmed and completely lost.

Back