Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Does this win feel more like a loss?

I'd say it's due to the receivers lacking space, not Watson. Throw in a dash of ineffective run game as well.

I would've run a QB sneak twice.

Getting stopped twice needing less than a yd was unacceptable.

This speaks to the OL still sucking.

Yes his old self. Do you not see the difference in the redzone from those 6 games to now. I mean his play calling then was light years better. Now he's back to calling boring very Questionable plays in that area.

The difference is those 6 games don't at all match the rest of his tenure. That wasn't his offense. We saw his offense before and after those 6 games, and we're seeing his again now. That's not 'old O'Brien', it's 'that was barely O'Brien at all'.

Last edited:
If O'Brien has a desire to fix his broken Ultra Red Zone Offense (Inside 3 yard line)....he needs to gather the offense on the sideline and state matter of factly; Blue, you're my biggest back at the moment, so I'm going to give you the rock on ALL 4 plays if necessary, if you and this OL can't get you into the end zone, I'm going to release you after the game and find someone else who wants to get into the end zone. Oh, you boys on the OL will be responsible for not helping this man keep his job.....that means you're far from safe.

No more cuteness needed until defenses respect the idea that we can score inside the 3 yard line using a RB. It's that simple....quit putting this burden on Watson.

More misdirection, tosses, sweeps, a proper option, play action. RPOs, QB draw. Throwing to the guy most likely to win one on one physical match ups.

You mean you don't want designed QB runs inside the 5 that cause your star QB to take BIG hits …. and result in injury ?

I would suspect Watson has some sore ribs at a minimum and a broken rib at worst , he took 4-5 big hits in that game that were just unnecessary. Another reason to rid ourselves of OB …. since he's the one calling the plays. This team really needs a competent OC , one that knows better than putting his entire season at risk.

You mean you don't want designed QB runs inside the 5 that cause your star QB to take BIG hits …. and result in injury ?

I would suspect Watson has some sore ribs at a minimum and a broken rib at worst , he took 4-5 big hits in that game that were just unnecessary. Another reason to rid ourselves of OB …. since he's the one calling the plays. This team really needs a competent OC , one that knows better than putting his entire season at risk.

Some of those calls were changed by Watson. Bill was pissed about that.

Some of those calls were changed by Watson. Bill was pissed about that.

the calls weren't changed to QB runs by Watson, one play call was a designed QB run on the 4th and goal right before half. The other 2 were pass plays, that Watson ran on because our receivers were blanketed. Both times Watson decided to run he had a rookie TE that could have been a lead blocker that Watson pointed out to block and they didn't (Thomas to the right side, Akins to the left) I'm pretty sure O'Brien is smart enough to see those 2 plays weren't audibled runs, yet a decision made in play.

Reactions: JB
the calls weren't changed to QB runs by Watson, one play call was a designed QB run on the 4th and goal right before half. The other 2 were pass plays, that Watson ran on because our receivers were blanketed. Both times Watson decided to run he had a rookie TE that could have been a lead blocker that Watson pointed out to block and they didn't (Thomas to the right side, Akins to the left) I'm pretty sure O'Brien is smart enough to see those 2 plays weren't audibled runs, yet a decision made in play.

Watson still called audibles on those possessions. Even the QB sneak was changed by Watson

Last edited:
Would have been a good audible too had he just walked up and snapped it right away. He waited a few seconds letting the DTs move into the a gap, and the LBers walk up. If he snapped it as soon as he got under center there was no one in front of him or Martin

Something he will learn with more experience. Also something they should've worked on a lot in the offseason.

Back