Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Do we stand a chance against Colts without AJ?

It' not only no , there is a high pobablity they won't have him during some of the October death march. Looking at the way the knee was twisted he was lucky.

I'm sure the Chiefs and Panthers are saying the same thing. It's an off day by the offense. It's not like the opposition's defense had anything to do with it.

Did Peyton just make a mistake with that interception, or was he forced to get rid of the ball early to avoid a safety? Did Vinatieri just have a bad kick, or did he rush because the Titans were getting penetration? The Colts could of put the game away with a 1st down around the 2 minute mark. But Manning called 3 pass plays without a single rush to eat the clock. Did he want to shoulder the burden, or did he just not trust his line could get a push up front?

The fact is, the Colts offense has had an "off day" for about 6 consecutive AFC South contests. Averaging a very un-Indy like 19 ppg. At some point you have to ask, "Maybe these guys are onto something?" I think that something is being very physical with the Colts offense.

Well in the Carolina game it didn't hurt very much that their 2's and 3' s WRs got Gafney desease, the dropsys. Oh then there was that C.C. Brown Jail break with Drew Carter that he reached just in the nick of time. It was a great road victory, but kinda of follish to ignore all of the warts. Play management cost you your first down rain maker. Letting the air out of the ball @ the 11:13 mark in the third quarter damn near set up another St. Louis scenario. Defensive line played lights out. O-line played lights out. There was enough stuff on the film to give Kubes ammo for working extremely hard this week. Demmeco should be embarassed on the third Steve Smith break away form the pack TD play. And Demps shouldn't be too far behind him in the corner of the room. Weak play by them both. And now, after giving them very few live targets your expecting JJ, Walter, and Andre Davis to recover that production ? Okey Dokey. You can prety much expect Daneils to be blanketed.

I despise the prevent defense and letting the air out of the ball to protect your weaknesses. And starting it in the third quarter is like telling everyone in the locker room. " Nice lead guys, but we don't trust you. " Not a positive message to send to a young team. Sloppy coaching and tackling at the end of the carolina game. Repeat it and the Colts will blow us out of the water.

I have a feeling that in order for the Texans to win, Special Teams will have to come up big in the return game. Great Field position for the Texans and horrible position for the Colts, thats what the Texans need.

So, Mr. Turk, Mr. Jones and Mathis. As you country folk say, Get r' done.

I feel the same way. The Texans are gonna have to try to make plays on special teams. I'm hoping for some big hits that cause fumbles that can lead to good things like the Kevin Walter td. Any tipped passes by the secondary and Dunta and crew are gonna have to jump all over it. I liked what Mario did in week 1 and what Amobi did in week 2, now I hope they can both put it together for week 3 and give the Colts offense all they can handle and more.

I despise the prevent defense and letting the air out of the ball to protect your weaknesses. And starting it in the third quarter is like telling everyone in the locker room. " Nice lead guys, but we don't trust you. " Not a positive message to send to a young team. Sloppy coaching and tackling at the end of the carolina game. Repeat it and the Colts will blow us out of the water.

funny.

I thought the Colts did the same thing after they put 30 on us last September.

Besides, Ahman is not 100%, and our run game does not look like it's supposed to. What better "practice" can you have than to tell Carolina's front 7 that we're going to run the ball, and then run right at them.

Especially when our game plan this week will most likely be handing the ball to Dayne numerous times.

I understand your point, but if I were Kubiak, I'd feel much better about my punting game than I did prior to last week. And that's a good thing. I'd also have a lot of film on what my run game needs to work on.

Back