Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Divisional Round Games

Be sure to also read the comments.

Anatomy of Cowboys' playoff loss to 49ers: Dak Prescott's turnovers, Mike McCarthy's decisions among miscues
A lot went wrong for Dallas in its 19-12 defeat in the NFC divisional round

By Jared Dubin

Jan 23, 2023 at 8:35 am ET•6 min read

In this very close game, th 49ers D did not win the game, the Dak Prescott and the Cowboys overtly lost the game. Prescott's 2 interceptions were not due to any expertise of the 49ers D, they were indisputably grossly bone head throws. Not to mention that Cowboys' top producing Pro Bowl RB Tony Pollard was knocked out in the 2nd Q with a high ankle sprain/fractured fibula. This is not to even mention all the crucial bone head decisions made by McCarthy throughout the game.

Last edited:
No coincidence. I didn't mention Derrick because your premise is that a QB becomes better by reducing the target of his highly paid WR1 and spreading the ball around to lesser WRs is the point not who the QB is. Teams are going out and helping their QBs by trading for Davante Adams, Stefon Diggs, AJ Brown, Amare Cooper and even Hopkins for that QB to target them 150 times a season.

If you go up to any Bills fan and tell them that Josh Allen would be better without Stefon Diggs or Mahomes would be better without Kelce or they need to reduce passes thrown to Kelce or Diggs and they would laugh at you. Why do you think teams are giving up huge contracts and draft picks to acquire these WR1s? So QBs can get better by spreading the ball to WRs like Keke Coutee and Chad Hansen?

This narrative about a highly paid WR1 being targeted too much is nothing but a silly TT narrative to either justify a horrible trade or wanting your QB to fail so you can say that he cannot play without his blanket. Be honest. This is one of the weakest, agenda driven narratives on this forum.

Allen doesn't force the ball to Diggs.

Gabe Davis gets plenty of throws his way. Knox etc... Although Diggs does get more throws than the rest of the receivers.

Same with Mahomes/Kelce, Although Kelce is the main target JuJu/Hardman/Toney/McKinnon get plenty of targets too. This isn't what was happening with Hopkins/Derrick.

Hey everyone !! How about my Bengals ?? Another year back in the AFC Championship is like divine intervention as a Bengals fan.
My son and I drove the 7 hours to Buffalo to see the game. The stadium is smack dab in the middle of neighborhoods.
People tailgating on front lawns all over the place. Really cool vibe driving towards the stadium. Feels like driving into gang territory you can't get out of.
The stadium is older than dirt. Looks like a real POS, but there isn't a bad seat in the place. It was cold and snowing endlessly. So much fun !!!

On to the AFC Championship against the Chiefs and hoping to get another win and back to the Super Bowl.
My son and I are headed to KC Saturday to catch the game and hoping the fans there aren't quite the jerks (I want to say something else) we saw in Buffalo.
I've been around football games since the early 70's and never heard the level of stupidity that came from the Bills faithful and the chirping never ended.
Well, until we smacked them in the mouth on the field. They were quiet and I would like to say I was classy, but that would be a lie.
I gave it to them with every ounce of my being the whole way back to my car. Sweet, sweet victory !!!

Then you have the flip side of that coin. Each time we've come to Houston for a game, the fans have been amazing. I really appreciate you guys.
My son and I have gotten invites, people were talking to us and asking about how my son became a Texans fan when I'm a Bengals fan, and it is always great.
The Bengals are anything but a flash. This team will continue to have success with Burrow. You can't pay everyone, but they will pay many.
People call it a problem to have to pay a QB top money, but I'm happy to have the problem of having a QB worth paying.
Better than trying to figure out if the Giants want to pay Daniel Jones all kinds of money !! We have our franchise QB, thank God !!

Root for my boys Sunday !!! Take care everyone !!!

Be sure to also read the comments.

Anatomy of Cowboys' playoff loss to 49ers: Dak Prescott's turnovers, Mike McCarthy's decisions among miscues
A lot went wrong for Dallas in its 19-12 defeat in the NFC divisional round

By Jared Dubin

Jan 23, 2023 at 8:35 am ET•6 min read

In this very close game, th 49ers D did not win the game, the Dak Prescott and the Cowboys overtly lost the game. Prescott's 2 interceptions were not due to any expertise of the 49ers D, they were indisputably grossly bone head throws. Not to mention that Cowboys' top producing Pro Bowl RB Tony Pollard was knocked out in the 2nd Q with a high ankle sprain/fractured fibula. This is not to even mention all the crucial bone head decisions made by McCarthy throughout the game.

Dak was really bad and He's Jerrah's problem for a few more yrs. Another reason not to sign a QB to big money 2nd contracts.
I guess we'll know after Sunday. He's living a charmed life, thus far.
I'm rooting for him. He's got great poise. I'm hoping Caserio drafts O"Connell in the 6th rd. He's got poise also.

Hey everyone !! How about my Bengals ?? Another year back in the AFC Championship is like divine intervention as a Bengals fan.
My son and I drove the 7 hours to Buffalo to see the game. The stadium is smack dab in the middle of neighborhoods.
People tailgating on front lawns all over the place. Really cool vibe driving towards the stadium. Feels like driving into gang territory you can't get out of.
The stadium is older than dirt. Looks like a real POS, but there isn't a bad seat in the place. It was cold and snowing endlessly. So much fun !!!

On to the AFC Championship against the Chiefs and hoping to get another win and back to the Super Bowl.
My son and I are headed to KC Saturday to catch the game and hoping the fans there aren't quite the jerks (I want to say something else) we saw in Buffalo.
I've been around football games since the early 70's and never heard the level of stupidity that came from the Bills faithful and the chirping never ended.
Well, until we smacked them in the mouth on the field. They were quiet and I would like to say I was classy, but that would be a lie.
I gave it to them with every ounce of my being the whole way back to my car. Sweet, sweet victory !!!

Then you have the flip side of that coin. Each time we've come to Houston for a game, the fans have been amazing. I really appreciate you guys.
My son and I have gotten invites, people were talking to us and asking about how my son became a Texans fan when I'm a Bengals fan, and it is always great.
The Bengals are anything but a flash. This team will continue to have success with Burrow. You can't pay everyone, but they will pay many.
People call it a problem to have to pay a QB top money, but I'm happy to have the problem of having a QB worth paying.
Better than trying to figure out if the Giants want to pay Daniel Jones all kinds of money !! We have our franchise QB, thank God !!

Root for my boys Sunday !!! Take care everyone !!!

Go Joe!

I'm happy for you, man. I'd like to see a franchise that's never won a SB pull it off.

Allen doesn't force the ball to Diggs.

Gabe Davis gets plenty of throws his way. Knox etc... Although Diggs does get more throws than the rest of the receivers.

Same with Mahomes/Kelce, Although Kelce is the main target JuJu/Hardman/Toney/McKinnon get plenty of targets too. This isn't what was happening with Hopkins/Derrick.
We're still on this? Okay. I'll play.

We have all witnessed that the Texans' offense with and without Derrick goes weeks without getting the TEs involved. Yet, Jordan Akins, Jordan Thomas, Darren Fells, and Pharoah Brown all were close to or exceeded their career years with Derrick.

When Fuller and Stills were healthy there were no issues getting them the ball. I guess you wanted less targets to Hopkins so they could give reliable WRs like Keke Coutee, Steven Mitchell, Chad Hansen, Kahale Warring, DeAndre Carter, and Vyncint Smith more targets. By the way besides DeAndre Carter are any of those target deserving WRs even on an NFL roster?

I'm just not convinced that a WR1 being paid $15 to $20 million dollars is getting targeted too much. Especially when his targets where declining each year and were similar to every other top 10 WR. Similar to you finally admitting you wanted an offensive system that would likely lead to a pre-allegations Derrick getting injured. Admit this narrative is also agenda driven and without facts. It's okay. We can laugh about it now.

No getting around the fact that Derrick had his best yr after Hopkins exited Kirby. Coincidence, I think not and I tried to tell you he would have a better season without Hopkins than with him before the season started. Then you attempted to move the goalposts. Lmao

Yes I wanted BTW to run. an offense similar to the Ravens offense with Derrick and said as much at the time. Why? Because it gave the Texans their best chance to win a championship.

Last edited:
No getting around the fact that Derrick had his best yr after Hopkins exited Kirby. Coincidence, I think not and I tried to tell you he would have a better season without Hopkins than with him before the season started. Then you attempted to move the goalposts. Lmao

Yes I wanted BTW to run. an offense similar to the Ravens offense with Derrick and said as much at the time. Why? Because it gave the Texans their best chance to win a championship.
Truth hurts doesn't it Earl?

No getting around the fact that Derrick had his best yr after Hopkins exited Kirby. Coincidence, I think not and I tried to tell you he would have a better season without Hopkins than with him before the season started.
He had a better statistical season but the team wound up being much worse

Back