Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Davis Mills getting no respect

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
you quoted me. No one is determining what a player will be in future yet this board is full of comments about players futures with Texans like Stingley and Mills after two games. Whether I agree or not they give their opinions. As to college players and their future it is an avenue of entertainment I and many others enjoy but you cannot leave it alone. As with the several times you reply to someone incorrectly naming someone when you know who they are referring to. You say it is a fact to evaluate [my word] how a player could do is ludicrous but to me your "fact" is subjective and not one I accept.

I doubt you can say anything that would upset me as you just don't matter. As you say you're just an "old curmudgeon".
Shocking post of the night.

Not,

very condescending.

Decim8

Veteran
Mills completed 66.8% of his passes last season. Even in his 1st 6 starts he was completing 69.1%.
So far through 2 games this year he's at 56%.
Never thought much of mills before......still don't now. It is what it is I guess

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
:thinking:

game 1: 62%
game 2: 50%

yep... you made a good argument there. Mills is garbage because after two games his completion percentage is only 56%

View attachment 10683
What part of SO FAR did you not understand? Holy hell some of y’all just argue for the **** of it.

And who gives a flying pink rats ass about Russell Wilson? Russell Wilson does not play for the Houston Texans. He did beat the Houston Texans, so there’s that.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
From the outside looking in I can this endless topic, associated with whoever it is in the moment, as the franchise QB, ripping the very fabric of these forums that once made it so enjoyable to read and contribute.

It’s going to take much more than a great QB prospect to quell the fires within. We’ve been through to much to cope with another flop/disappointment. Winning in this league full of winners requires vision and resume or your eaten alive. Feels like that’s what’s happened, Mills aside, the offensive line, hard as they coach, spend and draft has not jelled as cohesive unit.

Ownership has never bought into the coaching youth movement with high tech analytics from a winning coaching tree. The first coaching candidate interview in 2020 was Brandon Staley (Nick Fangio Sean McVay coaching tree 2 Super Bowl’s just in his early 30’s). 2021 Texans brought in Mike McDaniel, hired couple weeks later by the Dolphins (Shanahan/Kubiak tree) and what a difference in Miami. Dolphins believe in him, that comeback to beat a dominant Ravens team serves notice to the league.

Point is ownership has had their coach in the building twice in last two years and didn’t make the right call. From inception, credit to McNair's for bringing football back to Houston but in 20 years no closer to winning culture than they were an expansion franchise. Sad all around, Houston Texan fans deserve better.

:toropalm:

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
From the outside looking in I can this endless topic, associated with whoever it is in the moment, as the franchise QB, ripping the very fabric of these forums that once made it so enjoyable to read and contribute.

It’s going to take much more than a great QB prospect to quell the fires within. We’ve been through to much to cope with another flop/disappointment. Winning in this league full of winners requires vision and resume or your eaten alive. Feels like that’s what’s happened, Mills aside, the offensive line, hard as they coach, spend and draft has not jelled as cohesive unit.

Ownership has never bought into the coaching youth movement with high tech analytics from a winning coaching tree. The first coaching candidate interview in 2020 was Brandon Staley (Nick Fangio Sean McVay coaching tree 2 Super Bowl’s just in his early 30’s). 2021 Texans brought in Mike McDaniel, hired couple weeks later by the Dolphins (Shanahan/Kubiak tree) and what a difference in Miami. Dolphins believe in him, that comeback to beat a dominant Ravens team serves notice to the league.

Point is ownership has had their coach in the building twice in last two years and didn’t make the right call. From inception, credit to McNair's for bringing football back to Houston but in 20 years no closer to winning culture than they were an expansion franchise. Sad all around, Houston Texan fans deserve better.

:toropalm:
The Texans did not bring in Mcdaniel for an interview. I agree they should have but whether it was the Texans choice or Mcdaniel’s (more likely imo) he was not considered.

The interview candidates are below:

Houston Texans, head coach: HIRED Lovie Smith (Texans DC)

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
meh....so what? It's not as if he's been a waste of a 3rd round pick. And for now, he's all we got.

And we still got all those upcoming 1st round picks to spend on someone.
I agree with you. But, we have seen him play better at the end of last year including the #1 red zone QB in the NFL.

I want to see him do well. I am not sold on any top QB this coming draft. If I have to take one it would be CJ. He has the size, mobility and arm. However, Mills is playing in the system no more or less. Seeing last season at the end of the year he was playing pretty good. Meaning, I think he just needs to settle in more and trust WRs past Cooks and apparently Howard after last week. Once he can settle down and let the game come to him. I think he will be alright. I see him as a Jake Delome (sp). A QB that can manage the game and not cost you a win. Sadly, it could be game 4-6 before it happens. Seeing it is a new system and he is still learning. He really needs to trust himself more and his WRs. Nico played well, yet it looked like Mills was mainly looking for Cooks. He needs to trust everyone to make a play if he gets the ball to them. We shall know without any doubt I think by game 5 or 6 if Mills can start playing like he did to close last year. Remember, this was just his 13th start. Making it not even a full 17 game season he has played. Which is something to keep in mind for a few weeks. Then after week 6 we should know without question if he has it or not

The run game looked a lot better with Pierce in. As well as the OL looking like it is coming together. They just need live reps to gel. Britt however seems to be just going through the motions. I heard on a podcast Coty and Hickman that Britt made a statement about not really wanting to play anymore. Has anyone else heard anything about Britt maybe wanting to retire? I have heard it on 2 podcasts from Coty and Hickman. But, not from anyone else such as a McCain or anyone in the organization.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Mills completed 66.8% of his passes last season. Even in his 1st 6 starts he was completing 69.1%.
My cautious optimism regarding Mills prior to preseason isn't as optimistic as it once was. I understand all of the changes on the line and that the WR group is thin (like most position groups on this team). The Texans front office and coaches still have to evaluate Mills.

I'm not close to giving up on Mills. Just don't like what I've seen so far.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
..........We shall know without any doubt I think by game 5 or 6 if Mills can start playing like he did to close last year. Remember, this was just his 13th start. Making it not even a full 17 game season he has played. Which is something to keep in mind for a few weeks. Then after week 6 we should know without question if he has it or not........
I think Mills has already shown he has some of what we call "it". Whether or not he has enough of "it" to be a real NFL starting QB or a backup he hasn't demonstrated yet. I agree with you he needs more time, and he's got all this season to try and show "it".

Over all, the Texans have always been a day late and a dollar short on just about everything they do. If Caserio can turn this around, and he's definitely showed signs he can, it should start showing up next season, maybe possibly this season. If Stingley and Pitre are the real deal, our defense will start turning the proverbial heads this season.

The Texans totally showcase the following conversation from the movie Airplane!.

Nervous?
Yes.
First time?
No, I've been nervous before.

I think Caserio wrote some of that screenplay.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I'm concerned that is coaching.
Could be alot of things…i think its a few things. New offense. Untrustworthy of what he’s seeing. No real threats emerging on the outside besides Cooks…….. & he’s playing tight….trying too hard not to lose it for the team…which is resulting in him being overly cautious with the ball; there’s just no in-between with him so far this year. The ball is either coming out on time and he’s throwing darts…… or he’s seemingly panicking and throwing off his back foot & it comes out high/wide….slightly off target.

Sort of has a paralysis by analysis thing going on…thinking too much & he’s gotta settle down.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
The Texans did not bring in Mcdaniel for an interview. I agree they should have but whether it was the Texans choice or Mcdaniel’s (more likely imo) he was not considered.

The interview candidates are below:

Houston Texans, head coach: HIRED Lovie Smith (Texans DC)
I stand corrected, sir. Must have just been on this board when discussing head Coaching options to replace Culley. Or maybe it was all just my imagination, hoping they would bring him in? But Mike McDonald was clearly my choice to install his vision as Texans HC.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I think it's fair to say if we even got average QB play, we could be 2-0 right now

Places like 82games, fangraphs and PFF really be having some of these folks thinking they smart and know the game. Anyone can come up with an “outside of this” stat to bolster their stance. Hot take nerds birhed from the skip bayless and max kellerman’s of the world.

im not even saying this b/c i disagree with his overall premise. I just get tired of the ESPN made up stats some of nerds use to seem like they know what they’re talking about…… without them actually watching these guys play and/or taking into account the circumstances even handedly when throwing criticism around..especially if its someone they don’t like.

For instance, all the excuses in the world were given for why Trevor Lawrence was ass last year, but in the end, he only needed 1: Urban Meyer. Davis Mills tho?his stats in 9 games with a placeholder HC & terrible talent around him wholeheartedly reflect that he’s garbage….& has been garbage all along………even tho his situation in those 9 starts was arguably worse than Lawrence’s .

Last edited:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
The team is so absent of talent and playmakers I am starting to think that if we are offered multiple first round picks for a team to move up to get a QB this up coming draft I would entertain it very seriously.

Roll with Mills/Allen/Insert Name Here another year and look to draft the following year.

That is where I am at.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Places like 82games, fangraphs and PFF really be having some of these folks thinking they smart and know the game. Anyone can come up with an “outside of this” stat to bolster their stance. Hot take nerds birhed from the skip bayless and max kellerman’s of the world.

im not even saying this b/c i disagree with his overall premise. I just get tired of the ESPN made up stats some of nerds use to seem like they know what they’re talking about…… without them actually watching these guys play and/or taking into account the circumstances even handedly when throwing criticism around..especially if its someone they don’t like.

For instance, all the excuses in the world were given for why Trevor Lawrence was ass last year, but in the end, he only needed 1: Urban Meyer. Davis Mills tho?his stats in 9 games with a placeholder HC & terrible talent around him wholeheartedly reflect that he’s garbage….& has been garbage all along………even tho his situation in those 9 starts was arguably worse than Lawrence’s .

CAREER G ATT COMP % YARDS AVG LONGEST TD INT 1st 1st % 20+ 40+ SKNY QBR
TOTAL154693056530816.667181013629373724787.6
13 Starts and 15 Games at the NFL level and straddled with the Texans. 1st, Culley and Kelly....now Lovie and Pep in 2 seasons. I'd say Mills has handled himself pretty well considering the situations he's worked through since his 11 starts at Stanford. We've all seen what good Mills looks like, as have the coaches. To get him to perform more consistently, the team is going to have to invest in better talent around him.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Man has anybody seen how good Goff has looked this year with the weapons he's got around him and it's only going to get better once Jameson Williams gets healthy.

This is what the Texans need to do. Draft an OT and C in rds 1-2. Then draft a dynamic wr in rd 1. Also trade a 3rd/4th/6th to move back into the 2nd for a quality TE.

Those are weapons that will help a QB whether that's Mills or another QB.

Add a pass rusher in FA and draft a young fast lb to pair with Harris and the team will look a whole lot better. Jonathan Mingo is a guy I like in the 2nd/3rd rd. WR Ole Miss. Then move Cooks to the slot. BigLee got this right and I was wrong, Cooks best position is in the slot.

Last edited:

Porky

Hall of Fame
He’s good enough until we’re only replacing one member of the offensive line in an off-season.

We have a new LG, a new RG, basically a new RT, & now a new Center

That’s 4 out of 5.

You don’t put a Trey Lance behind that. You don’t draft a Trevor Lawrence to put behind that line. & you don’t want a CJStroud playing under Center with that kind of OHaul.

You draft someone in the third round & hope he doesn’t lose games.
Disagree. His personal life aside, DW4 made plays independent of the line. The line is better now than it was for virtually all of Watson's tenure here. He still balled out. If you want to wait until the line is perfect before you draft your guy, you'll be six feet under.

Porky

Hall of Fame
The throw to Cooks in the end zone…the one he missed, was a good throw. Cooks has to make that catch. It was low but he had to throw it there
BS. He didn't have to throw it there. Cooks had his man beat. Hit him on the numbers and it's six. Yes, Cooks is expected to catch that ball, but it doesn't excuse the poor throw.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Disagree. His personal life aside, DW4 made plays independent of the line. The line is better now than it was for virtually all of Watson's tenure here. He still balled out. If you want to wait until the line is perfect before you draft your guy, you'll be six feet under.
I disagree with this post.

You've just gotta commit to fixing the issues. In fact, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Caserio spent rd1-2 picks on the ol.

Porky

Hall of Fame
You need a good O-line if your QB is going to be effective, not to mention the run game.
Ok debate time Thorn! SB too with his comment.

The line is made better by an effective play-making signal caller paired with a couple of good playmakers at WR/RB/TE. This guy is stiffer than an ironed and starched shirt, plays scared (some of this I feel is Lovie), holds the ball too long, doesn't hit his hot reads, and basically caves under slight pressure. This o-line isn't great, BUT it's not bad at all. You have three...count them THREE number one picks on your oline. You want to wait until you have 5 first rounders on your line?

No thanks. Give me a playmaker at QB and a couple of studs to go with him, and this line would be perfectly fine.

PS - I honestly love the difference in opinions and the debate. If we all agreed, it would be boring as hell. But come on guys. Let's take the personal out of it. Y'all need to shake virtual hands and carry on. We're all Texans fans that want the best for the team. I know it can get heated here and there but let's keep our debates above board and friendly.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man

The line is made better by an effective play-making signal caller paired with a couple of good playmakers at WR/RB/TE. This guy is stiffer than an ironed and starched shirt, plays scared (some of this I feel is Lovie), holds the ball too long, doesn't hit his hot reads, and basically caves under slight pressure. This o-line isn't great, BUT it's not bad at all. You have three...count them THREE number one picks on your oline. You want to wait until you have 5 first rounders on your line?

No thanks. Give me a playmaker at QB and a couple of studs to go with him, and this line would be perfectly fine.

PS - I honestly love the difference in opinions and the debate. If we all agreed, it would be boring as hell. But come on guys. Let's take the personal out of it. Y'all need to shake virtual hands and carry on. We're all Texans fans that want the best for the team. I know it can get heated here and there but let's keep our debates above board and friendly.
The first three quarters of last week's game they played like a good team. Not so much since, but it is what I expected it to be. I expected them to be bad this year so I'm just not complaining about it as much as others. Did they look like what comes out of the south end of a north bound cow yesterday? Yep, they sure as **** did. What a surprise, a team bereft of talent loses. LOL

Most of your post I'd probably agree with, except the part where you're ragging on Mills. I think he's better than what you describe, but that doesn't mean I'd put money on him being the Texans future. He's shown good flashes where he can play, which doesn't mean he can do that consistently. If he stays inconsistent, then they'll replace him. It's just to early to make up your mind on Mills yet. Keep in mind the Texans have only made up their mind on Mills for the 2022 season, and it was a good move on their part.

Texian

Hall of Fame

Well, I did predict that Texans would miss Tim Kelly. I just didn't know it would happen so soon.

Texian

Hall of Fame
I disagree with this post.

You've just gotta commit to fixing the issues. In fact, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Caserio spent rd1-2 picks on the ol.
Well, I suggested Lovie do just that with Charles Cross. You do use a 1st RD pick for a LT. You don't use a 1st RD pick for an OG.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Holy hell some of y’all just argue for the **** of it.
Ain't that the ***** pot calling the **** kettle black

So you have his season completion percentage, then his completion percentage after 6 games, & you compare it to his completion percentage after 2 games. What was his completion percentage after two starts last ****** year? 60%

& I included Russel Wilson's ****** completion percentage after two games because you seem to imply a poor completion percentage after 2 games means something. We know Russell Wilson is one of the better QBs in the league. His completion percentage after two games this season is worse than David Mills? So what does that tell us? Nothing. So why bring it up, unless you just like to argue for the *** of it.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I hear you.

I'm one of those guys who believe Watson would have played in a Super Bowl by now had he gone to the Chiefs. & Mahomes would be contemplating his life choices if he came to Houston.

Watson wasn't getting to the AFCCG in Houston until we fixed the OL. Until he got playmakers on the offense to help him out.

My philosophy is if there's a guy in the draft that you're willing to trade up whatever to get him, you have to go get him & do your best to build around him. But if you don't feel that way about a guy, if you're just picking from the best available, you're better off fixing the blatant issues you know you have. If you have a ready to go team like the Broncos, Rams, Browns & Colts who would rather trade away 1st round picks to get a veteran... the guys in the draft probably aren't that good. Again, if you feel the guy is worth it, go for it. Do it. Go with your gut. But don't do it just because you need a QB.

Porky

Hall of Fame
Well, I suggested Lovie do just that with Charles Cross. You do use a 1st RD pick for a LT. You don't use a 1st RD pick for an OG.
The early returns on Cross have been positive but we had two 1st round tackles. Who are you pushing out and why? I think Green will be merely good, never great...but again, just an early prediction. And good is good enough. Nothing set in stone on any of these guys so Green might end up a multi-year all-pro who knows.

As bad as I rag on Mills...there is a slight chance he turns it around and is the guy. But I seriously doubt it. He's got this year to show it and the clock is ticking. I think Lovie's ultra conservative mindset is really messing up Davis to TBH.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I started off cautiously optimistic that he would grow into a mid to top tier starter, but my optimism is fading. It's still possible but it's looking less and less likely.

But if he turns into a career backup like a Chase Daniels, a smart guy to have in the QB room to help mentor and guide The Guy when we get him, I'm fine with that.

Porky

Hall of Fame
I hear you.

I'm one of those guys who believe Watson would have played in a Super Bowl by now had he gone to the Chiefs. & Mahomes would be contemplating his life choices if he came to Houston.

Watson wasn't getting to the AFCCG in Houston until we fixed the OL. Until he got playmakers on the offense to help him out.

My philosophy is if there's a guy in the draft that you're willing to trade up whatever to get him, you have to go get him & do your best to build around him. But if you don't feel that way about a guy, if you're just picking from the best available, you're better off fixing the blatant issues you know you have. If you have a ready to go team like the Broncos, Rams, Browns & Colts who would rather trade away 1st round picks to get a veteran... the guys in the draft probably aren't that good. Again, if you feel the guy is worth it, go for it. Do it. Go with your gut. But don't do it just because you need a QB.
I'll co-sign this one. I agree - if you're guy isn't there that year, you don't panic out of need alone. Get a journeyman...hell Kyle Allen fits that bill, and build the team around him and then go back to the well the next year if you're guy is there. Teams that panic draft rarely win consistently.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I started off cautiously optimistic that he would grow into a mid to top tier starter, but my optimism is fading. It's still possible but it's looking less and less likely.

But if he turns into a career backup like a Chase Daniels, a smart guy to have in the QB room to help mentor and guide The Guy when we get him, I'm fine with that.
And if all he'll ever be is a backup, he's a backup with experience who's shown flashes of good play. Teams in desperate need of temporary help at QB will give up more than we paid for him as far as just draft capital goes.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Man has anybody seen how good Goff has looked this year with the weapons he's got around him and it's only going to get better once Jameson Williams gets healthy.
I have noticed that Goff has looked much improved. Weapons are maturing as is the O-line. Goff also may just have needed a fresh start. Remember, Goff was not McVay's pick. Goff went #1 when Fisher was still HC.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Man, I didn't think I would be the guy trying to stop people from jumping off the Mills train. But it was just a bad game. Not as bad as the Buffalo game. Or the Cardinal game. But, pretty bad. You know what? No Texan offensive player had a good game. Cooks dropped a TD pass that could have changed everything. Howard had his worst game as a pro. Tunsil was bad. Kenyon Green regressed. Q the Center was horrible. Was that Pep's best game? I hope not.

Plenty of blame to go around and Mills should get his share. It was kind of an extension of the 4th quarter and OT from the Colts game. Still, it's not like Mills did nothing right. He made an excellent scramble (for Mills) to pickup a would be 1st down (thanks, Laremy). The start to the 4th quarter drive at the 3 minute mark saw Mills hit Cooks and Collins for nice gains to put the Texans in scoring territory. Then, another sack. Like the analyst said during the game, Mills had happy feet. And he's the type of QB that needs his feet under him to make accurate throws. Pat Mahomes he's not and never will be.

I've never said Mills is the guy. He has yet to show he's the guy. But Mills has 15 more games to prove me wrong. He's still the guy that beat the Chargers. That should have beat the Pats if not for Culley. He's the guy that could help even the Texans record next Sunday. Let's wait and see.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller

So you have his season completion percentage, then his completion percentage after 6 games, & you compare it to his completion percentage after 2 games. What was his completion percentage after two starts last ****** year? 60%

& I included Russel Wilson's ****** completion percentage after two games because you seem to imply a poor completion percentage after 2 games means something. We know Russell Wilson is one of the better QBs in the league. His completion percentage after two games this season is worse than David Mills? So what does that tell us? Nothing. So why bring it up, unless you just like to argue for the *** of it.
Wilson had a poor completion percentage and still won because the opponent isn’t very good. Shit happens. David Carr won a game throwing for 10 yards or something once. And if Wilson continues to have a poor completion percentage games, the Broncos probably aren’t winning a whole lot of them.

Completion percentage has an effect. And no, I’m in no way shape or form saying higher completion percentage equals more wins. They won 4 games last year. But this year, in these 1st 2 games against 2 teams that look like crap so far, if Mills is completing more passes, the Texans are probably beating those 2 crappy looking teams. He isn’t and they’re not.

What everyone of us was hoping to see this year was Mills building on last year. SO FAR, he looks to be regressing. SO FAR, his completion percentage is not only down, but significantly down. He freaking looked better last year. What has changed? It’s not like he’s throwing a bunch of low probability deep passes to bring down his completion percentage. He’s missing on short intermediate throws. And missing badly at that.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
The team is so absent of talent and playmakers I am starting to think that if we are offered multiple first round picks for a team to move up to get a QB this up coming draft I would entertain it very seriously.

Roll with Mills/Allen/Insert Name Here another year and look to draft the following year.

That is where I am at.
They have talent, they’re not utilizing them right. Coaching has screwed us in these two games.

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
What everyone of us was hoping to see this year was Mills building on last year. SO FAR, he looks to be regressing. SO FAR, his completion percentage is not only down, but significantly down. He freaking looked better last year. What has changed? It’s not like he’s throwing a bunch of low probability deep passes to bring down his completion percentage. He’s missing on short intermediate throws. And missing badly at that.
It looks to me like he's playing scared this year. I think Lovie has him terrified of turning the ball over so he's thinking too much and throwing the ball so far from the defenders (especially when trying the sideline throws) that no one can catch them. Having practically no pre-season experience doesn't help either

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!

This is what the Texans need to do. Draft an OT and C in rds 1-2. Then draft a dynamic wr in rd 1. Also trade a 3rd/4th/6th to move back into the 2nd for a quality TE.

Those are weapons that will help a QB whether that's Mills or another QB.

Add a pass rusher in FA and draft a young fast lb to pair with Harris and the team will look a whole lot better. Jonathan Mingo is a guy I like in the 2nd/3rd rd. WR Ole Miss. Then move Cooks to the slot. BigLee got this right and I was wrong, Cooks best position is in the slot.
That dude throwing for 57%. What weapons are you speaking of? Swift was there last, so was St. Brown. 6 to 1 td:int ratio is good, but he looks about the same.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That dude throwing for 57%. What weapons are you speaking of? Swift was there last, so was St. Brown. 6 to 1 td:int ratio is good, but he looks about the same.
I think he's really improved, starting with the end of last yr. Point is weapons do make a huge difference. Swift is a badazz, Hockenson is a top 10 TE. St. Brown is a top 10 WR and Williams is on the way, also Reynolds is a better slot than anything currently on the Texans roster. BTW, The Lions heavily invested in their OL like the Texans did. The Lions were just better judges of talent. Scharping was a bust and Howard has all of the markings of another busty.

I'm kind of hoping Caserio drafts Smith- Njigba and OT Peter Skoronski in the 1st and Darnell Washington in the 2nd. Then comes back and drafts either Mingo or Anias Smith in the 3rd. Those weapons will make a big difference in how this offense functions. I want to go on record in saying you are right and I'm wrong, Cooks best place is in the slot.

Check this, I want the best Center possible in the 2nd and Washington in the 2nd so I'm good with trading a 3rd and 4th/6th to move up into the 2nd to get both of these players.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine

Man you’re going all in lol. I thought you told us to watch all the asterisks because this a family kid friendly forum. But guess what you’re spot on.

zshawn10

All Pro

Well, Lawrence is thought of as a "generational" talent and Urban was awful at his job and everyone but the Jags knew that. Mills was better than any rookie QB last year except for Mac and he's really regressed this year. Plus the whole Houston bias as well

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I think he's really improved, starting with the end of last yr. Point is weapons do make a huge difference. Swift is a badazz, Hockenson is a top 10 TE. St. Brown is a top 10 WR and Williams is on the way, also Reynolds is a better slot than anything currently on the Texans roster. BTW, The Lions heavily invested in their OL like the Texans did. The Lions were just better judges of talent. Scharping was a bust and Howard has all of the markings of another busty.
I like St Brown,Swift,and Hockenson, but Watching him, he looks the same. He plays well when he's well protected. Hutchinson is so relentles and he's going to be a problem in the nfl

Texansballer74

The Marine
It looks to me like he's playing scared this year. I think Lovie has him terrified of turning the ball over so he's thinking too much and throwing the ball so far from the defenders (especially when trying the sideline throws) that no one can catch them. Having practically no pre-season experience doesn't help either
I believe this as well.

Texian

Hall of Fame
The early returns on Cross have been positive but we had two 1st round tackles. Who are you pushing out and why? I think Green will be merely good, never great...but again, just an early prediction. And good is good enough. Nothing set in stone on any of these guys so Green might end up a multi-year all-pro who knows.

As bad as I rag on Mills...there is a slight chance he turns it around and is the guy. But I seriously doubt it. He's got this year to show it and the clock is ticking. I think Lovie's ultra conservative mindset is really messing up Davis to TBH.
My gut tells me this is Tunsil's last year, if not this year he's a FA after 2023 (Tunsil wants out of here). And Cross is a lot cheaper and salary cap friendly than Tunsil. My mind thinks about 2026 as much as it thinks about 2022. If you take care of 2025, 2023 will take care of itself. Unlike coach think who are preoccupied with 2022 only, because their jobs depend on it. Plus you can find a lot of good OGs in 3rd, 4th and 5th RDs. Plus I really don't know how you justify taking Green over Jordan Davis. Makes no sense to me. SMH.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
My gut tells me this is Tunsil's last year, if not this year he's a FA after 2023 (Tunsil wants out of here). And Cross is a lot cheaper and salary cap friendly than Tunsil. My mind thinks about 2026 as much as it thinks about 2022. If you take care of 2025, 2023 will take care of itself. Unlike coach think who are preoccupied with 2022 only, because their jobs depend on it. Plus you can find a lot of good OGs in 3rd, 4th and 5th RDs. Plus I really don't know how you justify taking Green over Jordan Davis. Makes no sense to me. SMH.
How many yrs have posters been predicting that Tunsil will be traded? How many yrs have these same posters been wrong?

Texian

Hall of Fame
I stand corrected, sir. Must have just been on this board when discussing head Coaching options to replace Culley. Or maybe it was all just my imagination, hoping they would bring him in? But Mike McDonald was clearly my choice to install his vision as Texans HC.
No BIG deal. Quite a few prospective head coaches didn't want to talk to the Texans. Remember how some here thought Josh McDaniels was shoo-in lock to be the next Texans HC? I don't think Josh would even take Caserby's call. Then Brian Flores was next definite HC until he wasn't. I too am a McDonald fan. At this point, I would hire Neon Deion Prime Time Sanders. I think he would be a hell of a HC. Prime is my #1 candidate. Prime is smart and he gets it.