Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Davis Mills getting no respect

Well since the season is a wash why even watch the games or purchase anything with Texans on it? Other than money why even suit up to play these games. We might as well play nothing but the freaking backups. Don’t play any of the rookies, might as well wait until these season aren’t a wash.

I get the sense that Pep Hamilton is going to make Houston Texans fans miss Tim Kelly.

At this point, I'm pretty convinced they are the same guy. Has anyone ever seen these two together in the same photo? If Pep called any more of a boring game, he should register with the national sleep foundation as a non-invasive drug-free sleeping aid. He could literally cure insomnia all by himself.

What’s silly is people dooming the season a failure before it starts. Or people overreacting to preseason games, knowing darn well we’re not seeing all of the starters playing. Not only that but they’re not even running the actual playbook. That’s what’s silly.

And it’s very silly if you can not detect sarcasm in my post. Lol
I think I correctly saw thru your sarcasm to your frustration at other folks' opinions. All of us realize it's preseason and what players are or are (lots of Rs) not on field. I and others are not dooming the team just being real in evaluating players and coaches. Although not what you meant I think it is silly not running more of the play book. Players even those thought of as backups need game experience with play book. What play in regular season coming as "big shocking surprise" will win a game for us? IF our playbook is good we should not have to surprise anyone.

Oh don't act like if Mills was lighting it up you wouldn't be overreacting to PS games.

giphy.gif

Well since the season is a wash why even watch the games or purchase anything with Texans on it? Other than money why even suit up to play these games. We might as well play nothing but the freaking backups. Don’t play any of the rookies, might as well wait until these season aren’t a wash.
Arguably the preseason games are more about the reserves but you know man we've got to get down to that 53-man roster plus
practice squad players so this is live bullets for them and maybe it is the mot useful thing about the games.

This place would've been dead without Derrick's perversions.

Sad, but true.

Most Houstonians could care less about the Texans right now. "Just existing" is no longer justification for folks to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on going to games and buying merch. Now the Texans are the southern version of the Lions until proven otherwise.

Sad, but true.

Most Houstonians could care less about the Texans right now. "Just existing" is no longer justification for folks to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on going to games and buying merch. Now the Texans are the southern version of the Lions until proven otherwise.

I care about the Texans. But not enough to spend one red cent on them.

Now the Texans are the southern version of the Lions until proven otherwise.
If the owners of the Texans tire of being the butt of jokes in the NFL, Cal will step down and they will hire a Team President that knows how to build a winning organization. Right now, it's a Mom and Pop business in a $multibillion industry. The Texans are the Bengals. Without the extra 30 years of experience.

If the owners of the Texans tire of being the butt of jokes in the NFL, Cal will step down and they will hire a Team President that knows how to build a winning organization. Right now, it's a Mom and Pop business in a $multibillion industry. The Texans are the Bengals. Without the extra 30 years of experience.

Sadly....you are correct. Said it for years. This ownership group is the primary and nearly the entire reason that this franchise continues to flounder. Sure...if everything else goes perfect, perhaps they catch lightening in a bottle and go the distance. That's happened with other poorly run franchises. But that's the exception to the rule - which is that ownership is the biggest reason that teams either fail or succeed on a semi-consistent basis.

But you know...as long as Cal can cook up some hamburgers and give the fans a great experience at a training camp practice and have the preacher man give a great sermon, who cares about winning?

Sadly....you are correct. Said it for years. This ownership group is the primary and nearly the entire reason that this franchise continues to flounder. Sure...if everything else goes perfect, perhaps they catch lightening in a bottle and go the distance. That's happened with other poorly run franchises. But that's the exception to the rule - which is that ownership is the biggest reason that teams either fail or succeed on a semi-consistent basis.

But you know...as long as Cal can cook up some hamburgers and give the fans a great experience at a training camp practice and have the preacher man give a great sermon, who cares about winning?

Does Easterby pay you to live in your head?

That’s become an old and tired excuse for Texans fans to bag on the Texans franchise.

It has been very hard for franchises to win the last 15 years in the NFL. It has more to with chance and luck than a overall strategic strategy. Plus how many Super Bowls have been won in the last 15 years not named by a QB by Brady, Manning, Mahomes, Wilson, and Rothlesberger? Oh that one guy Rodgers? Or just recently Stafford?

Fans want to act like it is oh so easy to win. Is it the McNairs fault? It is their fault of being too trusting. They have have shown that they are willing to spend the money to win and go after the hot name to hire.

Trying to win the super bowl is like trying to catch lighting in a bottle sometimes.

Let’s not act it is a walk in the park to win in this league. That there is some easy bake oven solution to winning.

So Charger fans like @beerlover believed Herbert was special from day 1. Watching Herbert play his 2nd season I think he put away all doubt.

Now it’s Davis Mills’ turn.

Herbert had a handful of bad games. It’s likely Mills will have at least a handful. I’m wondering if we can come to a consensus of how many bad games would prove/disprove his status.

imo he can not have a bad game week 1. Beyond that, if he has less than 8 bad games I’m ok with building around DM until we find a true franchise QB.

imo if he has less than 6 bad games, he’s my guy & I don’t even think about upgrading the QB position

So Charger fans like @beerlover believed Herbert was special from day 1. Watching Herbert play his 2nd season I think he put away all doubt.

Herbert had a handful of bad games. It’s likely Mills will have at least a handful. I’m wondering if we can come to a consensus of how many bad games would prove/disprove his status.

imo he can not have a bad game week 1. Beyond that, if he has less than 8 bad games I’m ok with building around DM until we find a true franchise QB.

imo if he has less than 6 bad games, he’s my guy & I don’t even think about upgrading the QB position

If there is your dream, can’t miss guy sitting there in first round, aka Herbert, you don’t hesitate, run that pick up to the podium. Mills is not that guy. Second year, we’ll see, but bare minimum you have depth and solid back-up. Ball must be delivered more on schedule, quicken release mechanics without losing rpm or accuracy. Can it be taught or is it innate? Great ones all have it.

that’s so subjective. Just like the other thread where we don’t agree on Mills athleticism.

If there is your dream, can’t miss guy sitting there in first round, aka Herbert, you don’t hesitate, run that pick up to the podium. Mills is not that guy. Second year, we’ll see, but bare minimum you have depth and solid back-up. Ball must be delivered more on schedule, quicken release mechanics without losing rpm or accuracy. Can it be taught or is it innate? Great ones all have it.

never forget your friends.
will drill down
to find true Texan QB
next years draft!

CJ Stroud is intriguing 🤔

Last edited:
never forget your friends.
will drill down
to find true Texan QB
next years draft!

CJ Stroud is intriguing 🤔

Pass on having to deal with a guy like Mulaghettta. The other spell check on my phone said Mulagheto. I think that's a more accurate representation and I'm pretty sure the McNair's feel like I do. They've seen enough of that guys act to last a lifetime. Give me the guy I saw against the Chargers any day over an Ohio State QB.

I am ready for this team to run the ball 30 times per game and Mills playing mistake free football with consistent positive down and distance situations. When needed and we need a big play I expect him to make it. Like his last play of preseason when he threw a dart to Chris Moore on 3rd and long for the td. I want to see that Mills.

If the running game is rolling and Pierce is who we want him to be then I expect Mills will be “the guy”.

Spot on. Mills had 11 starts for Stanford and 11 starts for the Texans since HS. His final season for Stanford was a big adjustment in his CFB career….not to mention it was accomplished during the C-19 closure. Mills first round as an NFL starter happened far sooner than the team had planned and it was quite the learning by fire experience. On the positive side, his second stint as starter last season showed the same type of trajectory growth that he showed at Stanford. An argument can be made that Mills was the best rookie NFL QB during the final 5 weeks even though he was drafted in RD3.

Looking forward to his 2022 season b/c it appears to be unchartered waters. No one at Stanford or the Texans got to see what his next 11 starts would look like at either stage. We’re going to see this, this season.

Pass on having to deal with a guy like Mulaghettta. The other spell check on my phone said Mulagheto. I think that's a more accurate representation and I'm pretty sure the McNair's feel like I do. They've seen enough of that guys act to last a lifetime. Give me the guy I saw against the Chargers any day over an Ohio State QB.

You may be right. The Texans/McNairs don’t have a single Mulugheta client now on the Texan roster.

https://fanspo.com/nfl/agents/david-mulugheta/45657

However, eliminating high end prospects because they sign with David Mulugheta, President, Athletes First and #1 NFL Agent, the McNairs might as well sell Texans and stay in private sector.

Understand your frustration but these are the times we live in. Chargers just completed new contract with Athletes First to keep Derwin James, making him highest paid safety in the NFL. Really don’t believe Mulugheta factored that much into negotiations because during same time period he was wrapped up with Deshaun Watson/Browns legal fight with NFL over suspension.

Can’t imagine the Chargers without Derwin, would be a very sad day. So we’ll let Texans roll with Mills, gather more data points to make a fair evaluation. By end of season Texan fans at least, will know if it’s time to upgrade or not.

I’m just evaluating CJ Stroud from what I saw on the field last night. He’s athletic, but QB smart, accurate arm, quick release, extends plays with his legs, reads coverage, does not turn the ball over and displays leadership that teammates follow. His one trait that stands out to me is ability to see the field with pressure in his face. Reminds me of a young Russel Wilson when he was a Wisconsin Badger. Always extending plays, when seemingly nothing there with pin point accuracy on the run.

I still purchase Texans apparel but I won’t ever buy anything with a players name on it ever again. After that bull crap Watson and Harden pulled done it for me.

For me player jerseys are solely reserved for players who have proven their greatness and whether they are playing or retired matters not. I have an AJ80 and a Watt99 and that’s it now. Until the Texans put something together I wouldn’t be caught dead in either one.

Back