Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dallas area Texans fans (Gameday Hangout thread)

Texaninlild

Veteran
I couldn't find the old thread and I wanted to know if we ever found a place to call home on Sunday? :fans:

Edit by mode to add locations of Texans' meeting

Flips in Grapevine (Somewhat central metroplex)

Website with menu

http://www.restauranteur.com/flipspatiogrill/index.htm

Map

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Flips+Patio+Grill&city=Grapevine&state=TX&address=415+W+State+Highway+114&zipcode=76051&country=US&latitude=32.924433&longitude=-97.081212&geocode=ADDRESS

Fairchilds for those more North and/or East

Website link

http://www.wwfairfields.com/

Mapquest link

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Richardson&state=TX&address=147+N+Plano+Rd&zipcode=75081-3827&country=US&latitude=32.94692&longitude=-96.699935&geocode=ADDRESS

If the Saints fans, can have multiple location, real TEXANS should be able to have a few places for some football watchin'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Showtime100

Got JJ?

OzzO

.. and then?
That's the one. Post #12 of that thread gave a good year's overview, though I think I had to add onto it toward the end of the year, later in the thread - overediting the post I guess.

The first year I was there, we kinda went between 3 places or so. 2nd year to get a little more variety (Ker's wing house is great - but only so much chicken one can eat every Sunday), we went all over - helped cause we all lived in different parts of the 'plex.

I've since relocated back to Houston, but get in touch with any of those folk that posted and / or try some of those places we visited. It was a good variety we had last year.

Texan JBZ

Da Sip's Finest
I'm actually a newbie to the metroplex. Me and my family moved here in June. Let me know what places you guys will be attending for the Texans games. I went to Flips last season to watch the Titans game with Ozzo and Arlington Texan. They were good guys. Sorry to see that you've moved back to Houston Ozzo.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
I'm actually a newbie to the metroplex. Me and my family moved here in June. Let me know what places you guys will be attending for the Texans games. I went to Flips last season to watch the Titans game with Ozzo and Arlington Texan. They were good guys. Sorry to see that you've moved back to Houston Ozzo.
Looks like I will be in the Metroplex again this year, although there is a longshot about (20 to 1) chance of my moving last mintue.

Ozzo, best of luck to ya. I think we are in the yahoo fantasy league together, though. JBZ I remember you coming and would be glad to hangout with you again.

While I enjoyed the different spots, this year I would not mind having a pretty stable place to establish as the Texans hangout.Flips is pretty high on the list for me. It is relatively central and has a diverse enough menu.

I will move this thread to the tailgate section in a few minutes.

thunderwolf

Practice Squad
I'm going to school in denton and really need to find a place to watch games. I'm pretty fortunate to see some of the noon games because the cowboys are always playing later in the day. It's not easy for a texans fan here, hopefully now that I'm 21 I can't start going to sports bars or something to see the games.

Texan JBZ

Da Sip's Finest
Glad to see the number growing. I'll be back and forth between Ft Worth and Houston pretty much all football season. We all will definitely get together and watch the Texans. I met up with Arlington Texan and OzzO at a place called Flip's off of 121 (or 183). It was a pretty nice spot. They just opened a Blackfinn over in the Arlington Highlands off of 20 that is very nice too. We'll all get together and enjoy some games together, more than likely starting with the Vikings Monday nighter. Boudreaux's in the Highlands has $1 drafts that day.

OzzO

.. and then?
Yeah - to give y'all a heads up on sports bars, A-Tx and I found this out last year that they get the NFL ticket, but that doesn't include the preseason games. So if it's not national / shown in your area on standard tv, you're out.

Best bet would be to wait till the regular season to get the groups together. Make sure to have Ker's at least once in the rotation, since it was the birthplace of our GTG's.

For meet locations, click on the link in post #2 above, then in that link - scroll down to post #12 to see the different spots we went to last year and what was thought about them.

grinch1134

Waterboy
I'll still make it out when I can. I trained the little one to nap from 12-2, so I may be a little more consistent this year (and he may be staying with mamma).

Vinnie

with an I E
I have to be in Frisco for the first preseaon game this Saturday and aint too happy about missing it. I know it's preseaon and all, but was really looking forward to it. If yall find a place up there to watch it please respond in this thread or send me a tweet. My handle is texanfanvinnie on twitter.

AcresHomesTexan

Staff member
I have to be in Frisco for the first preseaon game this Saturday and aint too happy about missing it. I know it's preseaon and all, but was really looking forward to it. If yall find a place up there to watch it please respond in this thread or send me a tweet. My handle is texanfanvinnie on twitter.
Unless something has changed from last year, I doubt that we will be able to see the game live in the Dallas area (see Ozzo's post), but i will call a couple of places just in case.

AcresHomesTexan

Staff member
Yeah - to give y'all a heads up on sports bars, A-Tx and I found this out last year that they get the NFL ticket, but that doesn't include the preseason games. So if it's not national / shown in your area on standard tv, you're out.

Best bet would be to wait till the regular season to get the groups together. Make sure to have Ker's at least once in the rotation, since it was the birthplace of our GTG's.

For meet locations, click on the link in post #2 above, then in that link - scroll down to post #12 to see the different spots we went to last year and what was thought about them.
the sports bar tour of Dallas was fun last year, but i don't see it again for me. As we found out during the tour various bars have catered to specifc teams. with the Texans having a legitimate chance of being good, I hope to make somewhere "our" place.

AcresHomesTexan

Staff member
Is Ker's in Arlington?
There is one in Arlington that we went once a couple of year back, but at the time it was not convient as we had guys driving from all over the Metroplex. The one that was home was the North Dallas/irving location. I would keep the Arlington on the radar, but it is along that part of I30 that is under massive construction and a pain to get in and out of.

that reminds me, one thing that we may need to figure out is where is everyone located. Doing a quick glance it seems like we are Fort Worth/Arlington heavy at the moment, but I may be mistaken.

Texans34Life

I BLEED TEXANS!
Man, I want to hook with fellow Texans fans, but you guys seem too far from me. I'm in the Frisco/McKinney/The Colony area. Anyone up here want to get together during the regular season?

AcresHomesTexan

Staff member
Man, I want to hook with fellow Texans fans, but you guys seem too far from me. I'm in the Frisco/McKinney/The Colony area. Anyone up here want to get together during the regular season?

Honestly, there are enough Houston area trasplants where we should be able to have 3 or 4 of these over the Metroplex, but it has not worked out that way. Largely, because the Texans have not been good.

The spread part of the reason that we moved around last year as OzzO was in Wiley and we had a couple of in more NE locations. What would be a drive you could make?

Texans34Life

I BLEED TEXANS!
Honestly, there are enough Houston area trasplants where we should be able to have 3 or 4 of these over the Metroplex, but it has not worked out that way. Largely, because the Texans have not been good.

The spread part of the reason that we moved around last year as OzzO was in Wiley and we had a couple of in more NE locations. What would be a drive you could make?
The farthest I've gone down to meet for a game (Texans/Rockets) was 635/75. If I went west, I would go as far as the Lewisville area.

Any farther I have to go, I'd just go to a bar then.

Now for the MNF game, I would definitely meet up, but don't want to go too far south....

My brother and I are both huge Texan fans and live in Carrollton. We have season tickets, but for the games we don't make it to, we need a fun bar to hang out at. Are there any fans up in the Carrollton/Addison area? Also, any luck on preseason games in Dallas?

rvguy121

RVGuy
Yawnnnnn! Hello everybody, sorry I haven't posted in over a year, but I had NFL ticket at home and only made one or two watch parties. I will not be able to afford The Ticket this year and so I want to attend the watch parties! Has a permanent site been selected or will there be multiple locations? We live in east Dallas...

This looks like it will be a fantastic season, and I don't want to miss a snap!

Texan JBZ

Da Sip's Finest
It looks like we're spread all over the Metroplex. We may have to split up into two different groups for most games, but we all need together for at least a couple of games during the season.

AcresHomesTexan

Staff member
I have talked with Greg the Manger at Flipps and he would be happy to have us. If he is around he usually does something for the grouup and he said there would be $2 domestic pints during the games on sundays. this is the Grapevine location which all thing considered is pretty central. FWIW he has also opened another one in fort Worth.

OzzO

.. and then?
Good call on Flips A-Tx. If I'm ever up visiting the fam on a football weekend, I'll find y'all.

rvguy121

RVGuy
WW Fairfields in Richardson is wanting to host some of our games as well. It's a nice venue and they have food and pitchers of beer. We could basically have the place to ourselves. This location would be great for thoe of us in the Dallas area!

grinch1134

Waterboy
If we are voting I'm in for Flips and only b/c last year the manager turned the volume up around the bar so we could hear the gameday audio. Also, good food and easy enough to get to. It is near the north end of DFW airport and pretty much centrally located as discussed earlier. It amounts to a 25 minute drive for me, but we are all from Houston and that could very well be across the street.

Texaninlild

Veteran
I have talked with Greg the Manger at Flipps and he would be happy to have us. If he is around he usually does something for the grouup and he said there would be $2 domestic pints during the games on sundays. this is the Grapevine location which all thing considered is pretty central. FWIW he has also opened another one in fort Worth.
Flipps sounds good to me. I live down south in Mansfield, but the girfriend is in Keller. Since she is forcing me to watch Cowboy games, she will be forced to watch the Texans.:fans:

wagonhed

Team Gruden
Hey everyone.

I just moved to Denton (going to UNT) from Austin. I don't mind a drive, I'll go to whichever party has the biggest TV and the most fans.

So basically I'm just posting to say "count me in".

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
Well, I might be around this year, or might not. Sorry about bailing on the old crowd last season, life and what not happened.

If/when y'all meet at Flip's in Grapevine let me know and I might be able to make it out.

OzzO, congrats on the move back to Houston.

AcresHomesTexan

Staff member
Looks like we will try Flips starting the year as one of the locations.

Website with menu

http://www.restauranteur.com/flipspatiogrill/index.htm

Map

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Flips+Patio+Grill&city=Grapevine&state=TX&address=415+W+State+Highway+114&zipcode=76051&country=US&latitude=32.924433&longitude=-97.081212&geocode=ADDRESS&id=23431365

It seems like some of the North & East guys want something closer and I am all for having multiple Texans spots and would even make the drive support you guys once or twice in the year.

rvguy121

RVGuy
Grapevine is a real stretch for me...but for all of us in the east and north Dallas, Mesquite, Richardson, Plano, Irving, Garland, Rowlett areas WW Fairfields would like to be considered for hosting us there. The manager/owner would like to know if anyone's interested so they could plan ahead for us.

Texan JBZ

Da Sip's Finest
Count me in. I won't be able to make it to the Monday Night game since I'll be in class, but I'll definitely be there for the Jets game.

AcresHomesTexan

Staff member
Grapevine is a real stretch for me...but for all of us in the east and north Dallas, Mesquite, Richardson, Plano, Irving, Garland, Rowlett areas WW Fairfields would like to be considered for hosting us there. The manager/owner would like to know if anyone's interested so they could plan ahead for us.
Website link

http://www.wwfairfields.com/

Mapquest link

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&address=147+N+Plano+Rd&city=Richardson&state=TX&zipcode=75081

If the Saints fans, can have multiple location, real TEXANS should be able to have a few places for some football watchin'.

AcresHomesTexan

Staff member
I won't be at the Jets, but I'll see you all at Flips for the Titans
Good deal...see ya in a couple of weeks

For everyone I am going to edit the first post with both locations. This way people do not have to dig the rubble to find out where we are.

If you are going to either location go on and post just so we have an idea of the numbers we are dealing.

Texan JBZ

Da Sip's Finest
I'll be at Flip's AT. Can't wait! I regret not getting one of those burger baskets with the onion rings last time we were there. It looked damn good!

rvguy121

RVGuy
So what is the consensus as far as the where everyone is going to meet? I have not heard anything but Flips so is that going to be "the place"?

barrett

All Pro
Would you guys say that you have it worse than we do in Austin? My dad lives up there and he says they don't show the Texans games on TV much. We have no press coverage here but the games are usually on TV. Is it true that Dallas has somewhat of a media boycott of Texans football up there?