Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cushing

So now we're touting Fitz as a great football player? Fitz is also 223lbs. 17 lbs difference isn't the same as a 50 lb difference.

I never said Fitz was a great football player. Don't be silly.

But, you have to admit that he laid one heckuva' block down on a defensive end.

I can't believe we're still talking about that block.

It must be the offseason already...

:wild:

Indeed! :D

I'm just playing devil's advocate with this one. I haven't thought much about that play since it happened a couple of seasons ago.

It's the offseason. This is what we do.

Some of y'all are way overplaying the size difference. There are small RBs who block standing up all the time. The bigger RBs take on 50-75 lb weight differentials as well. You see it every weekend JJ plays and not every RB dives at his knees.

We are not talking about other RB's. We are talking about a smallish RB that has never been known as a Physical player. Show me an example of a small RB stepping up in the hole and taking on Watt who's running full speed straight at him.

But Charles in particular has a horrific "tackling/blocking" technique of going to his knees and then lunging. There is nothing textbook about it as suggested up thread.

I never said anything about Charles being a textbook blocker. I said it was poor technique by Cushing. DE's and LB's are taught in grade school how to defend low blocks. He didn't do anything resembling that training.

Here's Charles displaying it again along with not being scared to hit a LB both in one play on AJ Hawk - Link

Actually he dives at Hawks legs first. And if you think the way he hit Hawk from the side is the same as taking on a big physical LB like Cushing head on your crazy.

I think that's the problem. He keeps breaking things.

It's his balls to the walls style of play in a violent game... soon he'll be totally rebuilt and nothing will stop him

I guess my questions are, when did he have the surgery and will he be 100% ready for training camp? The article didn't say. Cushing only said the Doctors told him it would be 4 weeks until they removed the cast and then they changed it to 8 weeks. Just curious if he'll have enough time to be 100% before TC or is he going to miss more time again? Any thoughts CND?

He hasn't been healthy in a while, multiple breaks and injuries really start to catch up to you. It will slow down his offseason program and he'll lose strength in his hands which will make it tough on him to get the rest of his body in shape strength wise.

Wrist?... I was momentarily optimistic... Looking for some explanation for his lack of speed and agility that would offer some hope... I don't think the broken wrist was the reason he roamed the field like Frankenstein's monster all season.

I guess my questions are, when did he have the surgery and will he be 100% ready for training camp? The article didn't say. Cushing only said the Doctors told him it would be 4 weeks until they removed the cast and then they changed it to 8 weeks. Just curious if he'll have enough time to be 100% before TC or is he going to miss more time again? Any thoughts CND?

To preface my post, keep in mind that I am using the limited information we are given about Cushing's wrist surgery and applying logic to reconstruct a scenario that in my mind is likely.

Sounds like Cushing may have been dealing with an unrecognized scaphoid (also sometimes referred to as "navicular") bone fracture that never quite healed (arrow in figure below points to fracture of the scaphoid bone).

images

Scaphoid fractures account for 2-7% of all orthopedic fractures, and they are the most common of all carpal (wrist)bone fractures. Symptoms of a "nonunion" of the scaphoid bone can be quite subtle. You may have pain when you use your wrist. However, the pain may be very minimal. It is isn't uncommon for "real world" doctors to see a nonunion of the scaphoid bone on X-rays, but the patient can't remember an injury. These patients usually suffered a wrist injury months or even years ago that they were told was a simple sprain. If x-rays are not taken at the time and then repeated 10-14 days later to account for resobtion of bone to identify a fracture, it can easily be missed. The MRI is the "gold standard" for picking up scaphoid fractures that are not defined on plain x-rays of the wrist. Still, the most common symptom of a nonunion is a gradual increase in pain. Over several years the nonunion can lead to degenerative arthritis in the wrist joint, accompanied by loss of grip strength. Scaphoid fractures are the most commonly undiagnosed fracture.......at least in the "real world." However, with MRI's so readily accessible to NFL teams and their players, overlooking this diagnosis may be considered less defensible.

As to why Cushing would have been initially told that his wrist would be in a cast for 4 weeks, then the time period extended to 8 weeks? Well, certainly not simply because they just wanted to keep him from pushing things too early. Keep in mind that the longer a joint is immobilized, the more difficult the rehab, the more atrophy of muscles, and the more possibility of loss of range of motion. No, this change of events could be more readily explained by the fact that going into the surgery, his surgeon believed that the fracture could be repaired with a simple screw......which would require only 3-4 weeks cast immobilization. Once being able to thoroughly assess the injury DURING surgery, a change of approach may have been indicated.

If there was no evidence that wrist arthritis was developing, a decision could likely have been made to get the scaphoid to best stabilize the fracture site and affect more reliable healing by using a bone graft in addition to a metal screw. Traditionally, the bone graft will be taken from the iliac crest (the rim of the hip bone) or the radius (one of the forearm bones, depicted in the figure below). Approximately 85% of scaphoid non union cases will heal with this treatment.

Image20744_opt.jpeg

After this type of surgery, a plaster cast is worn for............. ~8 weeks.

Last edited:
Doc, after the 8 weeks in a cast will Cush be able to go back to full workouts or will he have to give the wrist more rest? Somehow I can see him getting a little sloppy with that much time off and then try to do too much too fast :cjeremy635: and hurting himself again!

He hasn't been healthy in a while, multiple breaks and injuries really start to catch up to you. It will slow down his offseason program and he'll lose strength in his hands which will make it tough on him to get the rest of his body in shape strength wise.

While we often think non stop work is always the answer to improvement, throwing in a little time for the body to heal and rest actually works better. God made the sabbath for men, but also for the soil. Rest is sacred. But only in small increments.

Therefore; I believe he will actually come back better than he has the last couple of years.

Doc, after the 8 weeks in a cast will Cush be able to go back to full workouts or will he have to give the wrist more rest? Somehow I can see him getting a little sloppy with that much time off and then try to do too much too fast :cjeremy635: and hurting himself again!

If this is indeed a nonunion scaphoid fracture as I suspect, return to play depends on several factors. Treatment is most successful if the patient is diagnosed within the first month. It is obvious that this was not the case with Cushing. The healing and casting and rehab period prior to return to play may depend on the location of the fracture site......a distal fracture of the bone (closest to thumb) results in better blood supply.......a proximal fracture of the bone (closest to the forearm) leaves a situation with poorer blood supply for healing. The scaphoid bone is an extremely strong bone. It takes an extremely violent trauma to fracture it. Therefore, it is also not unusual for this injury to be accompanied by wrist ligament injuries and loose bits of bone that accelerate the possibility of traumatic arthritic changes. The longer these injuries go untreated, the higher the risk for permanent pain and stiffness in the joint. These changes are not always entirely predictable in that they develop at different rates in different patients.

Keep in mind, contact sports or heavy activities cannot be resumed until the bone has healed completely. The screw and/or bone graft is not a substitute for healing of the bone. It is merely a substitute for wearing the cast for longer periods of time and allows earlier rehabilitation of the wrist. As a rule, after a fresh fracture is stabilized with the screw and healing is uneventful, the patient may return to sports in as short as 8 weeks eight weeks. After a nonunion and bone grafting procedure, this period is at least three months unless the blood flow and healing is poor in which case the period of activity restriction may be longer. It has been shown in studies that 10-20% of these type of cases may result in complications and require additional surgery(ies).

If this is indeed a nonunion scaphoid fracture as I suspect, return to play depends on several factors. Treatment is most successful if the patient is diagnosed within the first month. It is obvious that this was not the case with Cushing. The healing and casting and rehab period prior to return to play may depend on the location of the fracture site......a distal fracture of the bone (closest to thumb) results in better blood supply.......a proximal fracture of the bone (closest to the forearm) leaves a situation with poorer blood supply for healing. The scaphoid bone is an extremely strong bone. It takes an extremely violent trauma to fracture it. Therefore, it is also not unusual for this injury to be accompanied by wrist ligament injuries and loose bits of bone that accelerate the possibility of traumatic arthritic changes. The longer these injuries go untreated, the higher the risk for permanent pain and stiffness in the joint. These changes are not always entirely predictable in that they develop at different rates in different patients.

Appears to be another great job by the Texans crack medical team.
Keep in mind, contact sports or heavy activities cannot be resumed until the bone has healed completely. The screw and/or bone graft is not a substitute for healing of the bone. It is merely a substitute for wearing the cast for longer periods of time and allows earlier rehabilitation of the wrist. As a rule, after a fresh fracture is stabilized with the screw and healing is uneventful, the patient may return to sports in as short as 8 weeks eight weeks. After a nonunion and bone grafting procedure, this period is at least three months unless the blood flow and healing is poor in which case the period of activity restriction may be longer. It has been shown in studies that 10-20% of these type of cases may result in complications and require additional surgery(ies).

How do you think that this injury will effect Cushings play this yr.

I hear larry/Moe/Curly work cheaper than the Texans medical staff.

How do you think that this injury will effect Cushings play this yr.

I hear larry/Moe/Curly work cheaper than the Texans medical staff.

If successful healing occurs, it will probably leave him with some decreased range of motion and grip strength that will likely not significantly affect his play. If complications of healing occur, the prognosis would have to be reassessed. I am much more concerned about the continued and progressive effects that his knee injuries will have on his performance..........especially as related to the most recent tibial plateau injury. For all but those wearing blinders, Cushing's performance last year was seen to be significantly impaired by his cumulative knee injuries. And, unfortunately, especially following his plateau fracture, I can in no way be optimistic that his future brings anything but a steady continued downturn.

He's $13.6 mil in dead money to cut or trade v. $7.9 in cap hit. There is effectively nothing which can be done about Cushing this year so there's no other option than hope for the best.

He's $13.6 mil in dead money to cut or trade v. $7.9 in cap hit. There is effectively nothing which can be done about Cushing this year so there's no other option than hope for the best.

Yes he is not going anywhere regardless...but the $13.6m dead may not be exactly true. It depends on when his injury only guarantee kicks into full guarantee...I've heard sometime in April. So it it wasn't guaranteed, then it would only be $9.5m dead (still negative savings). If traded then it is $9.5m regardless since his salary goes with him. But nobody is trading for him, and Houston wouldn't get anything back that was worth it.

As you said, just hope he continues to improve and get more "healthy".

To preface my post, keep in mind that I am using the limited information we are given about Cushing's wrist surgery and applying logic to reconstruct a scenario that in my mind is likely.

Sounds like Cushing may have been dealing with an unrecognized scaphoid (also sometimes referred to as "navicular") bone fracture that never quite healed (arrow in figure below points to fracture of the scaphoid bone).

images

Scaphoid fractures account for 2-7% of all orthopedic fractures, and they are the most common of all carpal (wrist)bone fractures. Symptoms of a "nonunion" of the scaphoid bone can be quite subtle. You may have pain when you use your wrist. However, the pain may be very minimal. It is isn't uncommon for "real world" doctors to see a nonunion of the scaphoid bone on X-rays, but the patient can't remember an injury. These patients usually suffered a wrist injury months or even years ago that they were told was a simple sprain. If x-rays are not taken at the time and then repeated 10-14 days later to account for resobtion of bone to identify a fracture, it can easily be missed. The MRI is the "gold standard" for picking up scaphoid fractures that are not defined on plain x-rays of the wrist. Still, the most common symptom of a nonunion is a gradual increase in pain. Over several years the nonunion can lead to degenerative arthritis in the wrist joint, accompanied by loss of grip strength. Scaphoid fractures are the most commonly undiagnosed fracture.......at least in the "real world." However, with MRI's so readily accessible to NFL teams and their players, overlooking this diagnosis may be considered less defensible.

As to why Cushing would have been initially told that his wrist would be in a cast for 4 weeks, then the time period extended to 8 weeks? Well, certainly not simply because they just wanted to keep him from pushing things too early. Keep in mind that the longer a joint is immobilized, the more difficult the rehab, the more atrophy of muscles, and the more possibility of loss of range of motion. No, this change of events could be more readily explained by the fact that going into the surgery, his surgeon believed that the fracture could be repaired with a simple screw......which would require only 3-4 weeks cast immobilization. Once being able to thoroughly assess the injury DURING surgery, a change of approach may have been indicated.

If there was no evidence that wrist arthritis was developing, a decision could likely have been made to get the scaphoid to best stabilize the fracture site and affect more reliable healing by using a bone graft in addition to a metal screw. Traditionally, the bone graft will be taken from the iliac crest (the rim of the hip bone) or the radius (one of the forearm bones, depicted in the figure below). Approximately 85% of scaphoid non union cases will heal with this treatment.

Image20744_opt.jpeg

After this type of surgery, a plaster cast is worn for............. ~8 weeks.

Saw a video of the event he was at and his cast only covered up to the joint of his wrist with a wrap around the thumb to hold it in place.

It was on the Texans Instagram. I don't know how to copy the video from there

Saw a video of the event he was at and his cast only covered up to the joint of his wrist with a wrap around the thumb to hold it in place.

It was on the Texans Instagram. I don't know how to copy the video from there

Cushing Cast Instagram Video

This (photo below) is the classic scaphoid fracture cast.

scaphoid_fracture_cast.jpg

The thumb is fully immobilized with the "wrap" because the scaphoid bone rests near the base of the thumb, and any movement of the thumb will cause movement of the scaphoid, hindering or precluding the fracture site from successfully healing.

Cushing Cast Instagram Video

This (photo below) is the classic scaphoid fracture cast.

scaphoid_fracture_cast.jpg

The thumb is fully immobilized with the "wrap" because the scaphoid bone rests near the base of the thumb, and any movement of the thumb will cause movement of the scaphoid, hindering or precluding the fracture site from successfully healing.

His cast does not cover the hand at all. It goes up to the pivot of the joint and that's it. The wrap around the thumb is tiny and reckon it's only there to keep the cast from moving

His cast does not cover the hand at all. It goes up to the pivot of the joint and that's it. The wrap around the thumb is tiny and reckon it's only there to keep the cast from moving

I'm not sure what you are pointing out.........the thumb metacarpal-phalangeal joint is fully immobilized as is the wrist joint. The thumb interphalangeal joint and metacarpal-phalangeal joints of the other digits do not need to be immobilized for a scaphoid fracture.

I'm not sure what you are pointing out.........the thumb metacarpal-phalangeal joint is fully immobilized as is the wrist joint. The thumb interphalangeal joint and metacarpal-phalangeal joints of the other digits do not need to be immobilized for a scaphoid fracture.

I think he is asking since the cast is a lot smaller than the picture, is there a chance it indicates a different kind of injury/surgery?

I think he is asking since the cast is a lot smaller than the picture, is there a chance it indicates a different kind of injury/surgery?

The visible portion of Cushing's cast (which includes the distal light colored rim) is the same. Cushing's part of the cast that is not readily visible extends onto his forearm.

Both Cushing's cast and picture of the cast I posted are what are called thumb spica casts.......classic for scaphoid fracture stabilization.

I broke a bone in my wrist near the base of my thumb and I remember the doc said it's the second slowest healing bone in the body.

cushing is garbage imo anyway.....too slow.

Cushing goes under knife to get ready for season

Inside linebacker Brian Cushing underwent surgery three times after the season to help him get ready for his seventh season with the Texans.

Not only did Cushing undergo surgery to repair a broken right wrist, but he also had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee and left ankle.

“Left ankle, left knee - the same knee I’ve had all the issues with,” Cushing said Saturday during an appearance for Blackhorse Limo at Warehouse Live.

“It’s not uncommon for stuff like that to happen. It’s just little things here and there, the residual effects of two major surgeries and injuries, the wear and tear of playing throughout the season.

“There were still some things bothering me a little bit. Just went in there and had real good success in both areas and looking forward to a very healthy and productive season.
“It’s coming along real well,” he said. “I’m going to start working out a little bit. From a pain standpoint, there’s really nothing going on there. I’m real happy about that.

“I’m real happy to get the cast off and start doing some physical therapy on it, and I don’t have to worry about it anymore.

“Playing linebacker and having a wrist issue, it’s the last thing you really want.

“I’m real excited about OTAs and practicing. I felt by the end of the year I was getting a real good grasp of playbook and our scheme and feeling real comfortable in our system.

“To have a real full offseason of work with the coaches and the team, I’m really excited about it.

Not only did Cushing undergo surgery to repair a broken right wrist, but he also had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee and left ankle.

“Left ankle, left knee - the same knee I’ve had all the issues with,” Cushing said Saturday during an appearance for Blackhorse Limo at Warehouse Live.

“It’s not uncommon for stuff like that to happen. It’s just little things here and there, the residual effects of two major surgeries and injuries, the wear and tear of playing throughout the season.

As we all know........everything related to injuries with Texans players are "no worries" and most surgeries are "minor."

Well, indeed, it's not surprising that Cushing needed another knee surgery..........following the slipped revelation of the tibial plateau injury. His ankle surgery, should be no surprise either. His wrist surgery was the only one this time that may not have been anticipated from the information readily available..............BUT.......

Despite missing more than half his freshman season with a shoulder dislocation, Cushing returned to start four games for Southern California in 2005. He shared strong-side outside linebacker duties with Thomas Williams and also excelled on the special team coverage units. He returned a blocked punt 6 yards, delivered 23 tackles (14 solos), recovered a pair of fumbles and caused another. For that performance, Scout.com placed his named on their Freshman All-American squad (honorable mention).

The injury bug resided in Cushing's locker in 2007. He missed a portion of spring drills with a hamstring injury, and at the conclusion of camp underwent arthroscopic surgery on his LEFT knee. The All-Pac 10 Conference honorable mention suffered a (LEFT) bone chip and high ankle sprain vs. Idaho in the season opener and two games later, re-injured the ankle in the Washington State clash, missing the next four games. He finished with 25 tackles (14 solos) while starting eight of 10 games he played in at strong-side linebacker.

For the third consecutive spring, Cushing was on the sidelines, this time due to arthroscopic (LEFT)ankle surgery. He wore a cast for close to a month after breaking a bone in his (RIGHT) hand B]vs. Oregon State and suffered a shoulder contusion vs. Arizona State, but still started all 13 games at strong-side linebacker in 2008. He was named All-American and All-Pac 10 Conference, as he collected 73 tackles (46 solos), ranking second on the team. He delivered three sacks and led the Trojans with 10.5 stops for losses. He also deflected six passes and picked off another.
link

Let me also refresh your memories re. last season..............

From the 1st Injury Report of the 2014 season thru the 9/10 Injury Report, he was listed as ANKLE. As the season and his knee wore down (especially, the tibia plateau injury is a "wear down the more you play on it" type of injury), he was listed again on the 12/12, 12/19 and 12/26 Injury Report as KNEE. To be also noted is that on the 12/12 Injury Report, he was co-listed as BACK............a very concerning set of events that reflects his mechanics are quickly breaking down and making him more vulnerable to additional and/or recurrent injuries.

Despite whatever he may be told or just simply on his own believes, none of the recent surgeries can be heralding anything very promising. Typically, at this point each additional surgery he undergoes reflects the presence of additional damage to the respective joints; with the surgeries themselves by their very nature creating additional trauma to those joints.

Geez, man... I'm surprised we drafted him with that prior injury history. Sounds like he was a walking medical experiment.

Geez, man... I'm surprised we drafted him with that prior injury history. Sounds like he was a walking medical experiment.

Spinning off...

No offense, but then sound off to the draftnik community. Every year I see folks in there going "no big deal" up until draft day and then after the fact "they're dumbassess for taking X with an injury history."

Cushing's college history has almost nothing to do with what has happened as a pro.

Nix was only available in the 3rd because of injury.

Both were great picks which due to injury haven't paid off like they could. Wouldn't piss me off except for the 2nd guessers saying the Texans won't take risks.

Cushing was a steroid risk. Nix was an injury risk. If you advocate swinging for the fence STFU when you miss.

[/rant]

No offense, but...

None taken...

I'm not saying we shouldn't have taken him. I think we've gotten pretty good production from Cush and it's been damn fun to watch. Look at the guys drafted below him -- not a lot of tan boxes today. (Texans had heck of a draft). I do remember wanting Matthews over Cushing because of the family connection. But when that mohawk showed up I was all in.

I wasn't draftnikin' hardley at all until 2011 when my curiosity was so piqued by the two sides of "Who is Cam Newton?" that I went down the wormhole...

So I wasn't aware Cush had that much injury history before we drafted him and would ding him for it if he were a prospect today.

You're correct on Nix, III's injuries, but his interview also hurt him as it raised concerns about his drive and maturity. Jokester with food issues. I hope he gets pissed off and does something about it.

There's an old axiom more than a few scout's have shared with me: "Fat guys stay fat, injured guys stay injured." May not be as pertinent today as it was in the past with all of the advancements in medicine, but the subtext is true -- people tell you who they are, you just have to be listening.

You shouldn't be. The Texans have a history of ignoring that kind of danger signal.

Spinning off...

No offense, but then sound off to the draftnik community. Every year I see folks in there going "no big deal" up until draft day and then after the fact "they're dumbassess for taking X with an injury history."

Cushing's college history has almost nothing to do with what has happened as a pro.

Nix was only available in the 3rd because of injury.

Both were great picks which due to injury haven't paid off like they could. Wouldn't piss me off except for the 2nd guessers saying the Texans won't take risks.

Cushing was a steroid risk. Nix was an injury risk. If you advocate swinging for the fence STFU when you miss.

[/rant]
Exactly.

After reading recent posts here, it appears that some clarification is in order. My post above was not presented in the context of Cushing's "draftability." Rather, it was posted to point out the fact that, among other areas, his left knee, left ankle and right wrist have, dating back to college, endured multiple injuries/surgeries...........and these traumas to his joints are all carry cumulative effects and as such are no doubt wearing negatively on both his ability to stay healthy and on his ability to perform to expectation.

Why is it suprising?

This is the Texanswe are talking about.

They like to draft/sign injured guys. Looking at you Ed Reed/Louis Nix.

Sad part is that Matthews could've been drafted and had little injury history and great bloodlines. Clay Sr set a franchise record for most consecutive games played. I wanted Matthews over Cushing at the time and said as much.

BTW, I was on board with picking Clowney if he had those bone spurs removed as CND suggested. Some times everybody misses.

steelb, no offense meant but you may be the most negative person I've ever met. The next positive comment I see from you might be the very first. And you were an Oilers fan too?

I get seeing the downside of things, but there's been some positives too.

Why is it suprising?

This is the Texanswe are talking about.

They like to draft/sign injured guys. Looking at you Ed Reed/Louis Nix.

Sad part is that Matthews could've been drafted and had little injury history and great bloodlines. Clay Sr set a franchise record for most consecutive games played. I wanted Matthews over Cushing at the time and said as much.

BTW, I was on board with picking Clowney if he had those bone spurs removed as CND suggested. Some times everybody misses.

Cushing pre cheap shot injury was a beast, arguably one of the best LBs in the NFL. Texans did not mess up drafting him, if not for a cheap shot block at his knees he would most likely still be one of the top LBs in the NFL.

steelb, no offense meant but you may be the most negative person I've ever met. The next positive comment I see from you might be the very first. And you were an Oilers fan too?

I get seeing the downside of things, but there's been some positives too.

yes I was an Oilers fan. I've been conditioned to look at the down side of the way teams play/draft/FA. Sorry about that.

Tell me positives about the Texans draft history over the last few yrs? Watt and What? Avg at best? What makes you think it will get better with Smith still in charge? The Texans have been doing business as usual for over a decade now and where has it gotten them? Not Texans worthy? LOL

Building thru the draft and their not good at drafting and until this yr they structured contracts where they couldn't be players in FA. The only times they made the playoffs is when they signed FA's JoJo/Manning. Haven't made it since they stopped being players in FA.

I'm actually pretty positive about most things in life. I'm very thankful that I've been blessed in this life.

Cushing pre cheap shot injury was a beast, arguably one of the best LBs in the NFL. Texans did not mess up drafting him, if not for a cheap shot block at his knees he would most likely still be one of the top LBs in the NFL.

Agreed,

I actually wanted Smith to draft Cushing and trade back into the 1st and pick Matthews like Green Bay did. The LB corps would've been set for a decade. Moves or lack of moves have consequences. If Matthews had been drafted then Clowney probably wouldn't have been drafted for example.

yes I was an Oilers fan. I've been conditioned to look at the down side of the way teams play/draft/FA. Sorry about that.

Tell me positives about the Texans draft history over the last few yrs? Watt and What? Avg at best? What makes you think it will get better with Smith still in charge? The Texans have been doing business as usual for over a decade now and where has it gotten them? Not Texans worthy? LOL

Building thru the draft and their not good at drafting and until this yr they structured contracts where they couldn't be players in FA. The only times they made the playoffs is when they signed FA's JoJo/Manning. Haven't made it since they stopped being players in FA.

I'm actually pretty positive about most things in life. I'm very thankful that I've been blessed in this life.

I think Cushing was a good pick. KJ was a good pick. Looks like hopkins is as also. I do think the scouting dept was the main problem, hopefully that has been fixed. But that's not what I'm talking about. It seems you go out of your way in every thread to bash the Texans. If I didn't know better I'd think you were a troll from the Titans.

All of us here (well almost all of us) had hoped that the Texans would have fared better than they have, we recognize the failings, but even the most critical don't rail like you do. It's like you think that failures of the past guarantee future failure. People learn, get better at their job, learn how to succeed. But even if they don't, do you think their reading this board and saying "oh look, steelb is making a good point!"

What good does it do to have all the negativity here with your fellow sufferers? We can't make changes happen even if we want to. Write a letter to McNair with your complaints, then come here and have some good discussion about what's happening now, not what happened 7 yrs or whatever ago

I think Cushing was a good pick. KJ was a good pick. Looks like hopkins is as also. I do think the scouting dept was the main problem, hopefully that has been fixed. But that's not what I'm talking about. It seems you go out of your way in every thread to bash the Texans. If I didn't know better I'd think you were a troll from the Titans.

All of us here (well almost all of us) had hoped that the Texans would have fared better than they have, we recognize the failings, but even the most critical don't rail like you do. It's like you think that failures of the past guarantee future failure. People learn, get better at their job, learn how to succeed. But even if they don't, do you think their reading this board and saying "oh look, steelb is making a good point!"

What good does it do to have all the negativity here with your fellow sufferers? We can't make changes happen even if we want to. Write a letter to McNair with your complaints, then come here and have some good discussion about what's happening now, not what happened 7 yrs or whatever ago

Not railing against things that happened 7 yrs ago even though the same man is running the org. Just pointing out after the last few drafts nothing has really changed, so maybe people don't really get better at their jobs. Sorry to piss on your sunshine and rainbows. That was not my intent.

Tell me when is the next time I can be critical of the Texans org? Draft/FA/in season? Or are the great fans of the Houston Texans supposed to not question/point out the orgs failures and just be happy that Houston has football again? If that's the case then Texans fans deserve exactly what they have gotten. Mediocrity at best.

Hopefully BOB can get this mess turned around.

In the meantime taxpayers are going to have to pony up another 50 mil to upgrade suites and put wi fy in a 13 yr old building. (Should've been done when stadium was built.) Meanwhile the crap that's the turf will remain. Sorry didn't mean to be negative. Just pointing out facts.

Texans fans "deserve" nothing.

We can choose whether or not to evaluate things objectively.

We're all disappointed at not winning the SB every/each year. Some understand that goal exceeds many brilliant totally dedicated people.

Back