Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cushing

We prob should of took clay Matthews that's twice we skip a, Matthew in a draft ....
I would not have had a problem with Mathews, but Clowney may still work out. My fear is that we only see one year of his potential before we either have to pay dearly or lose him.

Yep. Me and a buddy were just talking about this yesterday. We couldn't believe how fans have been talking about how great Cushing looks, and how bulked up he is. Fans are expecting him to become a monster.

The truth is, Cushing is doing what he does every year: Starts up on the 'roids right around OTA's so he can bulk up. Then, in the middle of training camp, or during pre-season games, he starts cycling off the stuff. Then, right about the 4th or 5th game, WHAM, he goes down with some kind of injury.

As I told my buddy yesterday, Cushing had better enjoy his last year here, because this is probably it for him.
Just a suggestion. Replace "The truth is..." with "My suspicion is..." unless you have KNOWLEDGE. It will keep you out of trouble.

He could have said "my sources say..." And that would have been perfectly reasonable. Precedence has previously been set.

He could have said "my sources say..." And that would have been perfectly reasonable. Precedence has previously been set.

Other than being totally non-factual in events that can be proved. As in, he gets injured in the 4th/5th game every year. As in, the injuries that he sustained were cheap shot freak accidents and are in no way related to any alleged continued steroid use every year.

But other than the facts, yeah, his post would have been perfectly reasonable.

Other than being totally non-factual in events that can be proved. As in, he gets injured in the 4th/5th game every year. As in, the injuries that he sustained were cheap shot freak accidents and are in no way related to any alleged continued steroid use every year.

But other than the facts, yeah, his post would have been perfectly reasonable.

My sources say you're not getting the joke there.

I would not have had a problem with Mathews, but Clowney may still work out. My fear is that we only see one year of his potential before we either have to pay dearly or lose him.

^^^^
This

Isn't Clowney signed to a 5 yr contract?

We should trade him for a conditional pick in the 8th round while he's still worth something.

^^^^
This

Isn't Clowney signed to a 5 yr contract?
I think we have control for 5 years, but the contract is for 4 years with the 5th year becoming a RFA as are all 1st round choices now. But I could be wrong since relying on my memory is far from certainty.

Over the cap calls 2018 an option, but there is no further information. I'd be interested to see the amount and exercise clause. I may be confusing a 5th year option with a franchise tag.

Last edited:
I think we have control for 5 years, but the contract is for 4 years with the 5th year becoming a RFA as are all 1st round choices now. But I could be wrong since relying on my memory is far from certainty.

Over the cap calls 2018 an option, but there is no further information. I'd be interested to see the amount and exercise clause. I may be confusing a 5th year option with a franchise tag.

1st round picks have a 5th year option. The compensation for top 10 picks is the transition tag number (avg. of top 10 paid players at the postion). For picks 11-32 the compensation is the average of the 3rd thru 25th highest salaries at the position.

Anyone know how he has been doing? I have read some positive things but that had been a week or two ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Certainly would be nice to have the Cushing we used to know back on the field. Even with as much talent as we have elsewhere on defense, it's an entirely different unit with and without Cushing. The reports seem to be very promising, but it's training camp - optimism has fully taken over reality for 32 teams.

As doubtful as I am, I hope he does return to form. We can use all the blue chips we have.

Pre injury Cushing was a beast, I think we made the right pick with cushing. 2 freak accidents is not his fault.

Pre injury Cushing was a beast, I think we made the right pick with cushing. 2 freak accidents is not his fault.
Those two punks that dove into his knees should have been suspended for the length of his injuries both times. Even though Cushing forgave Jamaal Charles not long after that block happened and called it just an unfortunate football play. To be fair Charles was in front of Cushing so I shouldn't be too upset. Charles even tweeted after the game that his thoughts and prayers go out to Cushing and that he has a speedy recovery. Matt Slauson on the other hand, came from behind, and that was a dirty and malicious play. Slauson never apologized or showed any remorse. That big idiot is still in the NFL isn't he? Playing for the Chicago Bears I think.

Back