Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

CJ Stroud Success Level (Mark it down)

Where do you think CJ Strouds success level will be in THREE years.

• Elite

• Great

• Good

• Average

• Below Average

• Hot Garbage

• Gone

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nothing wrong with disagreeing with decisions this team has made, or people discussing them. But if you don't want to be ignored here, you need to try harder and comment to everyone who has ANYTHING positive to say about this team and its players/owners. Not only comment but push an agenda so wild you could only be Trolling. Thats how I have seen a couple here do it.

I for one agree with most of what I have seen you post. Things I didn't agree with where understandable as well.
I'm trying to figure out what an opinion is vs an agenda. Help me out here.

As long as they know they made the right decision, it is alright with me. You can be disgruntled all the bleep you want. It will not changed the fact that they don’t listen to us keyboard GM’s, Arm Chair HC or internal football experts. Lol

.....hence the title, Message Board Forum versus Texans Boardroom.

5 years is arbitrary when it comes to TOP 10 Talent.

Do you not understand how data works? You take into account what the variables are and then group accordingly.

You are making career assumptions based on 12 QB's... Multiple of which were not even projected to be first round until late.

How many of those guys were actually real Heisman Candidates and not projections?

Trevor Lawrence
Justin Fields
Kyler Murray
Bryce Young
CJ Stroud
Joe Burrow
Tua

I can groom this down more and more if we need to.

Small sample size is small sample size.
How many yrs of data do you need before the data becomes not arbitrary? 5 yrs is a long time. Would 10 yrs satisfy you? 20?

I value you the heck out of your opinion when you’re not being ultra sensitive and negative toward certain players. Unwarranted at that. But when you’re actually talking football, you have some of the best takes.
Derrick deserved the criticism he received.

True

What's the Texans Boardroom batting avg when it comes to finding a franchise QB?

Drafting….poor. Developing….horrendous. This did not come from a birdie, just my opinion. As for Stroud, I enjoyed his interview after being drafted. I think Ryans and Slowick can keep him focused while learning their new system. Having Mills and Keenum in the QB Room with him will also serve him well.

I just asked a question and would like to see your answer, not an unlike.

How many yrs?

There's going to be a margin of error with any sort of statistical analysis of a data set. To me, it's not arbitrary when the margin of error is acceptable to you as the consumer of such analysis or when given the margin of error, you can still extract valuable information from such analysis. That said, I don't know anything about the S2 results or margin of error. I've only heard about it for the first time this year.

There's going to be a margin of error with any sort of statistical analysis of a data set. To me, it's not arbitrary when the margin of error is acceptable to you as the consumer of such analysis or when given the margin of error, you can still extract valuable information from such analysis. That said, I don't know anything about the S2 results or margin of error. I've only heard about it for the first time this year.
All well and good, except guys that haven't score well on the S-2 ver a 5 year period, which is a pretty large sample size haven't performed well in the NFL. At some point you have to look at the correlation.

This really comes down to do you believe in forgiveness?
Forgiveness is for everyone and everything but so is accountability for those and what they did. IMO, we forgive the street racer as we should the wife/girlfriend abuser. But each would have different levels of discipline or punishment (which are NOT the same).

Each of us decides how we respond to that person going forward.

So whose choice was it? Since apparently cal sat on the sideline. So was it demeco? Hannah? Janice?
The two three double whammy was orchestrated by Caserio. DeMeco wanted Anderson and he and Caserio were on the same page in this regard, but they knew they had to draft a QB. Stroud was #2 behind Young. Caserio began working the phone leading up to the draft to see if there was any way to land both players. The decision was made to draft Stroud first, Caserio feeling confident a deal could be made with the Cards and with a few minutes left on the clock for pick 3, Anderson was secured.

This process was discussed in detail in post #8309, Texans Draft Discussion.

All well and good, except guys that haven't score well on the S-2 ver a 5 year period, which is a pretty large sample size haven't performed well in the NFL. At some point you have to look at the correlation.
Without knowing any more details other than "5 years" and "haven't performed well" (what does that mean?), I can't accept that it means anything or doesn't mean anything. Just don't know. Given the sample size, that kind of behavior can be entirely within the margin of error. Or not. So, without knowing the full details, there's no reason to get all whipped up about it on either side.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing with decisions this team has made, or people discussing them. But if you don't want to be ignored here, you need to try harder and comment to everyone who has ANYTHING positive to say about this team and its players/owners. Not only comment but push an agenda so wild you could only be Trolling. Thats how I have seen a couple here do it.

I for one agree with most of what I have seen you post. Things I didn't agree with where understandable as well.

For the record, there are no real trolls here. Real trolls get taken out immediately and permanently. Zero tolerance. I delete their requests for membership daily.

Behavior that borders on trollish gets warned and dealt with. But no regular member here is a troll, regardless of how unpopular their opinion(s) might be to some folks.

Attack the post not the poster. I've been banned for less.

What does Stroud have to do with Baker?

A warning has been issued for it.

To clarify, your bans were due to an accumulation of excessive warnings. There was no singular act that caused a ban.

I just asked a question and would like to see your answer, not an unlike.

How many yrs?
Only 1/3 the teams have pay for use of the S2. It's been in use for 7 years or so. Why is this the 1st time anyone have heard about it? Not only that, a player that have been criticized alot, Fields scored in the 90s. I didn't see anyone saying he was going to be awesome when he was throwing ground balls.

The two three double whammy was orchestrated by Caserio. DeMeco wanted Anderson and he and Caserio were on the same page in this regard, but they knew they had to draft a QB. Stroud was #2 behind Young. Caserio began working the phone leading up to the draft to see if there was any way to land both players. The decision was made to draft Stroud first, Caserio feeling confident a deal could be made with the Cards and with a few minutes left on the clock for pick 3, Anderson was secured.

This process was discussed in detail in post #8309, Texans Draft Discussion.
Yeah I read that and it makes sense. but then you get people here saying caserio didn’t want stroud idonno: I was simply asking “them” if not caserio then who?

Only 1/3 the teams have pay for use of the S2. It's been in use for 7 years or so. Why is this the 1st time anyone have heard about it? Not only that, a player that have been criticized alot, Fields scored in the 90s. I didn't see anyone saying he was going to be awesome when he was throwing ground balls.

What I will say is you either believe in the data they provide or you dont.

Like they said, a great S-2 score doesn't ensure success. But over 7 yrs (Your number) a bad score projects a QB to not be successful.

So whose choice was it? Since apparently cal sat on the sideline. So was it demeco? Hannah? Janice?

Don't know this answer

Wait - 5 hours ago you posted this:

I've just heard from somebody that should know, that Cal/Slowik wanted to wait on a QB. Hannah/Caserio wanted Stroud, not sure what Ryans wanted.

So 5 hours ago you knew from a good source that Stroud was Hannah’s call.

But a few hours later you didn’t know.

Why the change? Did your source change?

Without knowing any more details other than "5 years" and "haven't performed well" (what does that mean?), I can't accept that it means anything or doesn't mean anything. Just don't know. Given the sample size, that kind of behavior can be entirely within the margin of error. Or not. So, without knowing the full details, there's no reason to get all whipped up about it on either side.

I get what you're saying.

But My thought is the sample size is enough to be able to draw some conclusions. I can see why you may not think that it is.

I was just asking those who think the sample size is too small, how large of a sample size would they need to see for them to be able to come to the conclusion that the test is large enough to develop a conclusion. What I'm really looking for in the future is when teams start using AI in their scouting metrics.

Wait - 5 hours ago you posted this:

So 5 hours ago you knew from a good source that Stroud was Hannah’s call.

But a few hours later you didn’t know.

Why the change? Did your source change?
Nope , I'm thinking Ryans had a voice and I dont know his decision or if his thoughts played a part in the drafting of Stroud.

I get what you're saying.

But My thought is the sample size is enough to be able to draw some conclusions. I can see why you may not think that it is.

I was just asking those who think the sample size is too small, how large of a sample size would they need to see for them to be able to come to the conclusion that the test is large enough to develop a conclusion. What I'm really looking for in the future is when teams start using AI in their scouting metrics.

I get it, but nobody will be able to answer that question meaningfully without having all the details, results, and possibly methodology.

Back