Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

CJ Stroud Success Level (Mark it down)

Where do you think CJ Strouds success level will be in THREE years.

• Elite

• Great

• Good

• Average

• Below Average

• Hot Garbage

• Gone

Results are only viewable after voting.
A couple more-

I crossed McDaniel off my list when I heard about his 08 arrest for assaulting a girlfriend. He (allegedly) choked and punched her, before pushing her down a flight of stairs. I dont have a problem taking gambles on guys with character issues, but this is too much.
Sign him up, LOL.

If he's the top rated player on the board talent wise Rick and Gary should take him. I wouldn't have a problem with McDaniel at #43.

He's more fluid than Sands. With that said, if Taylor is there at 43 I'm taking him.

Steel is good with drafting a guy arrested for choking and punching his girlfriend before pushing her down some stairs, but heaven forbid someone makes the wrong choice in agent.

You want a punk like Talib on Texans? Two fights with teammates, assaults a cab driver, resists arrest, gets into argument with game official, pistol whips sister's boyfriend and then 4 game suspension for taking Adderol without a prescription and that is just as a pro. You question McNair on that type guy?
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...-aqib-talib/q2mzPSFB0ACaJQtODR0I0M/story.html
He's a punk no doubt.

But he's still playing, sometimes to win you've got to make a deal with the devil. (Metaphor) Belichik is wiiling to make these deals. No I wouldn't want him on the Texans, but if it meant having a true SB contender every yr then the answer would be yes.
Harvin played a key role in the Seahawk SB win., Lynch has DWI convictions. Sweazy an assault charge.

The Cowboys are on an upswing because of their ability to take on players like these. Jerrah got away from this philosophy after he fired Jimmy Johnson.

Baltimore- Steve Smith is a former gang member who assaulted (Sucker punched a teammate in a meeting room and another on the practice field. He had multiple arrests in his childhood. Jamal Lewis got caught running a drug operation spent yr in jail. Ray Lewis should've done time for at the very least being an accomplice to murder.

New England- Knew Hernandez/Dennard/Browner's past arrest records and drafted/signed them in FA anyways. PS you do realize Browner has played on the last 2 SB champions? He also has an arrest record.

The S-2 is only marketed to half of the NFL by design. How many more years will it take before you consider this test to be a valid predictor of a QB success?

Marketing is right. The only people saying the S-2 is an accurate predictor of QB success are the people that make S-2. IMO, the only use for it is for teams to leak it, so it makes players look dumb (which the Colts/Titans certainly did in this situation). That was literally the only thing the Wonderlic did, which is why it was discontinued.

And, actually, this whole thread is good

My favorite @steelbtexan quote:
Man, you really are obsessed if you're going back yrs to dig things like this up.

BTW, things change, you know like having the agent who ran cover for your sexual predator previous QB is the agent for your new QB.

Also I don't care about guys street racing, smoking dope etc... (,I know you do) I care about players fulfilling the contracts they signed.

Honoring your contract is more important than not hitting women?
I believe in giving people 2nd chances when it comes to stuff like this. I've never hit a woman, but I'm not as sanctimonious about things like this, street racing etc .. as you are. I guess you've never made a mistake before?

Marketing is right. The only people saying the S-2 is an accurate predictor of QB success are the people that make S-2. IMO, the only use for it is for teams to leak it, so it makes players look dumb (which the Colts/Titans certainly did in this situation). That was literally the only thing the Wonderlic did, which is why it was discontinued.
This would be true if this info had come out 4 years ago. There's been none of what you suggest in the 1st four years of the test.

Regardless dumb is dumb and the test hasn't lied in 5 years.

I believe in giving people 2nd chances when it comes to stuff like this. I've never hit a woman, but I'm not as sanctimonious about things like this, street racing etc .. as you are. I guess you've never made a mistake before?
Second chances for people who beat women, but not for a player's choice in agent? That's interesting.

Nah, I've made mistakes- everyone has, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar. But I don't think we should just hand-wave mistakes away, whereas you seem more than comfortable doing that (unless they have an agent you don't like!).

I can understand why Carter did what he did and BTW, the driver of the other car was responsible for her and the other guys death. No other person was responsible for those deaths but her. Hence Carter was charged with reckless driving/speeding and not manslaughter. Would Carter coming clean with LEO saved those people's lives?
Hey Porky, what's untrue about my post.

What makes you LoL?

Second chances for people who beat women, but not for a player's choice in agent? That's interesting.

Nah, I've made mistakes- everyone has, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar. But I don't think we should just hand-wave mistakes away, whereas you seem more than comfortable doing that (unless they have an agent you don't like!).
Personal and business stuff are in 2 different categories. Or at least they should be.

For my business I don't care what my employees do in their personal lives as long as they show up to work on time and do their jobs. As long as they aren't killing/Derricking people that is.

Mark my words, somewhere down the line Cal will regret picking Stroud.

Hey Porky, what's untrue about my post.

What makes you LoL?

First off - welcome back. This board is better with you on it. These kinds of forums need people that shake things up and don't adhere to the status quo. I do sincerely appreciate that you go down to the mat swinging and defending your takes no matter how much incoming flak is out there. That does take some guts.

That's not a ringing endorsement of your positions by any means! With the compliments out of the way...now to the bad side lol.

To answer the question - your hypocrisy man. You are literally all over the place. On some weird level, it's entertaining watching you flop around like a beached fish.

It's like a train wreck or an episode of Jerry Springer (RIP). You don't want to watch, but you can't stop looking at it with your mouth full of popcorn. :popcorn::popcorn:

Man, you really are obsessed if you're going back yrs to dig things like this up.

BTW, things change, you know like having the agent who ran cover for your sexual predator previous QB is the agent for your new QB.

Also I don't care about guys street racing, smoking dope etc... (,I know you do) I care about players fulfilling the contracts they signed.
That’s exactly what you’re doing towards the McNair’s family correct?

Hoge had a pretty solid argument for why Stroud was the only QB in the draft worth a 1st round pick:

He also said if taken in the second round Hendon Hooker would be a steal. That's the direction some of us posting here thought the Texans should have gone. In fact, I thought the Texans could have been able to move back in the second round and drafted Hooker, while keeping #12 and picking up even more draft capital.

I'm not interested to see how Stroud's NFL career compares to Young, Levis, or Richardson. I'm going to compare his career to Hendon Hooker.

Opinions are lies?

Maybe you should remember back to the Derrick fiasco to be able to get where I'm coming from. I guess you're all on board with DM holding the Texans hostage in 3 years like he did with Derrick? A contract negotiated by DM and signed by one of his clients isn't worth the paper I wiped my butt with this morning. That speaks to the character of DM and his clients. Cal will get what he deserves in 3 years, not that he cares because butts will be back in the seats and that's all he cares about and in this regard Cal and DM have a lot in common.

Like I've said before I would draft a DM client only if I thought he was a generational prospect and Stroud ain't that guy.

I totally get where you're coming from.
I happen to think you can make a strong argument for your point without having to falsely claim Stroud "hangs with" Vick and Watson.

Once Mills starts missing those sideline throws DeMeco will put in Stroud. Probably in the second half of the first game.
Is this what David Shaw meant when he said Mills was somewhat accurate?

The OL if healthy should be better. Stroud, if he's what some think he is should be a day 1 starter. No excuses.
The best thing Stroud has going for him this year is he doesn't have to play the Philadelphia Eagles.

He also said if taken in the second round Hendon Hooker would be a steal. That's the direction some of us posting here thought the Texans should have gone. In fact, I thought the Texans could have been able to move back in the second round and drafted Hooker, while keeping #12 and picking up even more draft capital.

I'm not interested to see how Stroud's NFL career compares to Young, Levis, or Richardson. I'm going to compare his career to Hendon Hooker.
Hooker ended up in a good spot. The Lions are starting to come up and he has at least a year behind Goff to ease into the starting role. His best situation would have been to end up with the Vikings, but he'll still be able to showcase his talents in Detroit.

I'm not going to convince you otherwise, but Cal did exactly what his dad did with Carr.

I've got to disagree with you on this one, because if it was doing "exactly what his dad did" then they would have drafted Julius Peppers at 1.2 in 2002.

We have no idea who wanted Stroud. We do know that Caserio and Ryans kept their draft selections close to the vest so that there wouldn't be leaks. That tell me that every rumor leading up to the draft was manufactured to get clicks. Nothing more. "Rumor has it" means someone made something up this year, regarding the Texans draft.

I don't understand how anyone can assume that they drafted a specific QB without the full support of DeMeco Ryans.

There is literally nothing in either DeMeco's personality or history that would indicate that he'd roll over with a pick that he didn't agree with and fully support as a new head coach.

If we are to accept this unsubstantiated and baseless assumption that it was not DeMeco's pick, then we are basically making him a lapdog that lacks the authority to lead men.

I'm flabbergasted that this is a narrative just a couple of months after they hired him. :smiliepalm:

I've got to disagree with you on this one, because if it was doing "exactly what his dad did" then they would have drafted Julius Peppers at 1.2 in 2002.

I don't understand how anyone can assume that they drafted a specific QB without the full support of DeMeco Ryans.

There is literally nothing in either DeMeco's personality or history that would indicate that he'd roll over with a pick that he didn't agree with and fully support as a new head coach.

If we are to accept this unsubstantiated and baseless assumption that it was not DeMeco's pick, then we are basically making him a lapdog that lacks the authority to lead men.

I'm flabbergasted that this is a narrative just a couple of months after they hired him. :smiliepalm:

Some people seem to think that since DeMeco is a defense guy, he wouldn't want a QB at 2. Despite the fact that he has been coaching for years with a stacked team that could never get over the hump due to QB.

IMO, DeMeco passes on the Texans if he isn't promised Young or Stroud. If the plan was to do anything else, they would have signed a backup QB with starting potential, like Minshew.

Some people seem to think that since DeMeco is a defense guy, he wouldn't want a QB at 2. Despite the fact that he has been coaching for years with a stacked team that could never get over the hump due to QB.

IMO, DeMeco passes on the Texans if he isn't promised Young or Stroud. If the plan was to do anything else, they would have signed a backup QB with starting potential, like Minshew.
Ohhhh weee you’re speaking nothing but the gospel right here. That’s why I laughed so hard when I read a few comments on here echoing those same sentiments. The most classic one was the Mr. Irrelevant comment. Meco is looking for his Purdy in this draft. Haha

Last edited:

His dad selected Carr, Cal picked Stroud

Agreed Ryans was on board with both the Stroud/Anderson picks.

This is what I read somewhere and was asked to provide a link.

I think it would be wise for the Texans to draft a QB in about 3 years or so. I was surprised they went with a high profile Mulugheta client so soon after getting burned, and if they weren't so screwed at the position or had they not messed around and won that last game, I don't think they wouldn't have, but they really don't have to deal with him for 4-5 years. I would at least have a plan for QB to fall back on just in case things do end up going south.

Mulugheta may be good for his clients but that doesn't mean he's good for the game, or that he's not scum. If you believe the story CND shared a while back about Watson and the demands he was making for Watson to stay, this guy is as racist as they come. We'll see what kind of effect he'll have on Stroud in a few years. Stroud is saying all the feel good things right now, but Watson did too. Even gave his 1st paycheck to cafeteria workers effected by Harvey and was crying like a woman watching a This Is Us marathon when he signed his big deal with us. So you never know what these guys are really thinking or how their thinking is influenced and changed over time.
I've spoken to enough players over the years to know that agents try to guide their clients to take the "right road".............they redirect their clients from poor choices.........especially poor emotional choices. As opposed to what I have read here, a good agent does not simply "do as his client dictates." He tries to do what is in the best long-term interest of his players, not the least of which includes maintaining his client's good image...............it goes way beyond the $$$ factor.

This board is better with you on it.

Actually it’s not. This board has become a wasteland of people actually trying to insert intelligent conversation from the ignorance spewed from a certain poster. But I guess that’s how people like Skip Bayliss keep their wallets fat. Have an ignorant take and watch people lose their freaking minds.

These kinds of forums need people that shake things up and don't adhere to the status quo.

There’s a difference between shaking things up and being a flat out troll. There’s plenty here who shake it up without having to resort to that ****.

Everyone on here should’ve known a team starving for a quarterback would draft a quarterback. Should’ve known they wasn’t going to wait until later rounds or next year. They’re moving on from the first stage of rebuilding.
Just because you know something, doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Cal picked Stroud? I thought I read somewhere that it was demeco/nick who picked Stroud and cal just signs it of
Ryans may have wanted Stroud, but Cal was going to pick a QB at 1-2. Why do you think he was so upset after the Indy win?

QB was always going to be the pick at 1-2. I was hoping Cal could be talked out of it

I've spoken to enough players over the years to know that agents try to guide their clients to take the "right road".............they redirect their clients from poor choices.........especially poor emotional choices. As opposed to what I have read here, a good agent does not simply "do as his client dictates." He tries to do what is in the best long-term interest of his players, not the least of which includes maintaining his client's good image...............it goes way beyond the $$$ factor.
But if their client doesn’t want to play for said team and being a complete a hole like Ramsey was with the Jaguars and Watson not returning calls from the Texans. The agent will work to get them out of that situation. That’s what the players I know or known told me.

Actually it’s not. This board has become a wasteland of people actually trying to insert intelligent conversation from the ignorance spewed from a certain poster. But I guess that’s how people like Skip Bayliss keep their wallets fat. Have an ignorant take and watch people lose their freaking minds.

There’s a difference between shaking things up and being a flat out troll. There’s plenty here who shake it up without having to resort to that ****.
I could say the same thing about you.

You don't much care for dissenting opinions from yours. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to have to deal with DM for hopefully an avg to slightly above avg QB.

Go stick your head back in a spreadsheet.

Just because you know something, doesn't make it the right thing to do.
As long as they know they made the right decision, it is alright with me. You can be disgruntled all the bleep you want. It will not changed the fact that they don’t listen to us keyboard GM’s, Arm Chair HC or internet football experts. Lol

Last edited:
Ryans may have wanted Stroud, but Cal was going to pick a QB at 1-2. Why do you think he was so upset after the Indy win?

QB was always going to be the pick at 1-2. I was hoping Cal could be talked out of it
Was there a presser/link that said cal was upset? I think everyone was upset after winning a meaningless game against Indy. How do you know it wasn’t nick or Ryan who wanted a QB at 1.2?

Was there a presser/link that said cal was upset? I think everyone was upset after winning a meaningless game against Indy. How do you know it wasn’t nick or Ryan who wanted a QB at 1.2?
He did'nt look too upset to me. Just matter of fact about the whole thing.
I dont believe I ever seen a presser that had Cal even remotely upset about winning that last game.

1683150789557.png

First off - welcome back. This board is better with you on it. These kinds of forums need people that shake things up and don't adhere to the status quo. I do sincerely appreciate that you go down to the mat swinging and defending your takes no matter how much incoming flak is out there. That does take some guts.

That's not a ringing endorsement of your positions by any means! With the compliments out of the way...now to the bad side lol.

To answer the question - your hypocrisy man. You are literally all over the place. On some weird level, it's entertaining watching you flop around like a beached fish.

It's like a train wreck or an episode of Jerry Springer (RIP). You don't want to watch, but you can't stop looking at it with your mouth full of popcorn. :popcorn::popcorn:
Thanks for the compliment

Tell me more about my hypocrisy?

Did you see his face after that game?

As long as they know they made the right decision, it is alright with me. You can be disgruntled all the bleep you want. It will not changed the fact that they don’t listen to us keyboard GM’s, Arm Chair HC or internal football experts. Lol
Totally agree with this. Is it fair for me to think there will be no championships and they settled to put butts in the seats?

I know they/you don't care about my opinion, but am I allowed to have an opinion that they will regret this pick in 3 years?

At some point part of the onus is on those that continue to engage. You don't have to respond to everything you disagree with. Especially when you KNOW the other person is not going to change their mind and/or are flat out trolling you.

I am feeling a certain kind of way, though. I've written plenty on here recently that has been disagreeable to many but they had no problem ignoring me. I'm starting to feel like chopped liver.

Thanks for the compliment

Tell me more about my hypocrisy?

I am pretty sure the regulars and lurkers around here don't need an introduction to your hypocrisy, but for a tasty appetizer, look at your ramblings about Watson vs. Mills vs. Stroud. Just one small example. And I don't have the time or the care to go do a ton of your quotes to prove my point. Everyone here that is an active person on this board can attest to it I'm pretty sure.

I still (for some reason) like you man. Unlike Speedy, I'm not trying to run you off although I understand and respect his POV. Reason why? First, we're all fans of the same team. Second, we're all weird in our own little ways. I know I am. Not as much as you though lol. Damn, dude - your hypocrisy is there for all to see. Take it easy and try to relax! They didn't do what you want. I get it...but let it go. Just sit back, and enjoy the ride as this team starts a new era of relevance.

PS - Would it help if I said I love Mills and want to have his love child?

His dad selected Carr, Cal picked Stroud

That's my point, though. He did what his dad did not do and instead enabled his GM to wheel and deal to get both players they wanted.

Now DeMeco has potential leaders at key positions on both sides of the ball. He gets to mold them into what he wants from them. They get to grow together as HC and team leaders.

Totally agree with this. Is it fair for me to think there will be no championships and they settled to put butts in the seats?

I know they/you don't care about my opinion, but am I allowed to have an opinion that they will regret this pick in 3 years?
I value you the heck out of your opinion when you’re not being ultra sensitive and negative toward certain players. Unwarranted at that. But when you’re actually talking football, you have some of the best takes.

At some point part of the onus is on those that continue to engage. You don't have to respond to everything you disagree with. Especially when you KNOW the other person is not going to change their mind and/or are flat out trolling you.

I am feeling a certain kind of way, though. I've written plenty on here recently that has been disagreeable to many but they had no problem ignoring me. I'm starting to feel like chopped liver.
Nothing wrong with disagreeing with decisions this team has made, or people discussing them. But if you don't want to be ignored here, you need to try harder and comment to everyone who has ANYTHING positive to say about this team and its players/owners. Not only comment but push an agenda so wild you could only be Trolling. Thats how I have seen a couple here do it.

I for one agree with most of what I have seen you post. Things I didn't agree with where understandable as well.

I don't think for a second that any draft pick in this draft was mandated from ownership. I wouldn't be surprised if ownership signed off on the 1.2 pick and/or the trade up to 1.3 to get WAJ. That's going to cost the Texans some $$$ in five years, if both players pan out. Imagine the cap hit for a top QB AND Edge in five years. I know the cap is rising every year, but so are the contracts. Two years of franchise tags for each or a huge contract for one and two years of franchise tags for the other. Not a bad problem to have unless the other draft picks also pan out, which means Caserio is drafting lights out.

This would be true if this info had come out 4 years ago. There's been none of what you suggest in the 1st four years of the test.

Regardless dumb is dumb and the test hasn't lied in 5 years.

Edit: Sorry, meant to reply to this (below)

I don't think street racing and beating women are in the same category....

Last edited:
I am pretty sure the regulars and lurkers around here don't need an introduction to your hypocrisy, but for a tasty appetizer, look at your ramblings about Watson vs. Mills vs. Stroud. Just one small example. And I don't have the time or the care to go do a ton of your quotes to prove my point. Everyone here that is an active person on this board can attest to it I'm pretty sure.

I still (for some reason) like you man. Unlike Speedy, I'm not trying to run you off although I understand and respect his POV. Reason why? First, we're all fans of the same team. Second, we're all weird in our own little ways. I know I am. Not as much as you though lol. Damn, dude - your hypocrisy is there for all to see. Take it easy and try to relax! They didn't do what you want. I get it...but let it go. Just sit back, and enjoy the ride as this team starts a new era of relevance.

PS - Would it help if I said I love Mills and want to have his love child?

I don't like Watson or Stroud because I don't think you can win a championship with them at QB and particularly if DM is representing them. DM is a straight up racist. Do business with a guy like that and you are going to pay the price in the long run. No hypocrisy here and this has nothing to do with Mills. Although when I said I was going to give Stroud the Mills treatment if he isn't successful next year I think it's hypocrisy not to treat Stroud that way, since he's more talented and has better weapons to work with than Mills ever had. It's like some are already making excuses for Stroud even though he hasn't played a down in the NFL. So you're correct there's hypocrisy it's just not that the hypocrisy is coming from where you think it's coming from.

As far as Speedy goes, he's strictly a numbers guy. So it doesn't surprise me that he doesn't like me. We're polar opposites, even though I agree with a lot of what he posts. I don't live my life for people to like me, although we had a great time at the crawfish boil with a couple of TT members.

My motto has always been if you like me I cherish your friendship and will do whatever I can to help you in anyway possible. If you don't like me that's on you and life's much to short to worry about what a bunch of buttholes think about me. But hey, that's just my philosophy. If you remember I tried to provide moral support during a down time in your life and being supportive during those times are what matters most. Not discussing whether CJ Stroud is going to win a championship. I'm very thankful for the friends I've met on this MB and people take this stuff much too seriously if they can't handle disagreement on the way this franchise has been run since it's inception.

I happen to think history is repeating itself and some cant handle this opinion. I get it.

Back