• A top 7 QB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A top 10 QB

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters
I’ll take ONE before I croak sir!
Aww dont be so glum chum.... certainly your princess will come along and kiss you and you will no longer be a frog.:kitten:

Remaining negative will not allow me to say what I truly believe about CJs future but, I will say there is more reason to hope than ever as a Texans fan.

I have been conditioned to expect the other shoe to drop at any moment and this kid does seem to good to be true, both in character on and off the field and ability, but I do see great things for his future. I just hope he does so always wearing a Texans jersey.

Yep and that's what made me skeptical, Stroud looked up to Derrick, Vick and had the same agent as Derrick. Surely y'all can see why I was skeptical?

I get that. Perfectly understandable. These guys, all of them are who they are and then sometimes the circumstances change and they suddenly have access to finances that make things possible that weren't before. Sometimes they get a running buddy they never had before and the person they spent their early life building is put to the test. I imagine that happens all the time but rarely does a player fail so spectacularly as Watson did. I can see thinking "Really? Here we go again?"

lol, here's an Instagram post of Deshaun Watson's visit to Israel where he gets baptized in the Jordan River and makes all sorts of claims about his Christian life.
Dude talked the talk for years. From what I heard, he was a Boy Scout type of person at Clemson, who took his classes seriously and actually completed his degree in 3 years before entering the draft. Not a lot of football "student athletes" bother graduating early before drafting. Dude was a "good guy" until he wasn't.

He passed all the character concerns for the Texans, who are notorious for avoiding "bad" guys or whatever. None of it means anything as to future behaviors, there are plenty of shitty people from all walks of life. However it's pretty uncommon for an NFL starting QB to crash and burn like Watson did. I think Michael Vick might be the closest comp to that sort of downward spiral, but he was actually pretty good when he re-joined the league.
He started hanging around the wrong people aka James Harden n crew. He also started getting all types attention from all the ladies. Some would say the Aaron Foster treatment. The only difference was Foster resisted temptation because he was married. Cal didn’t make it any better because he gave Watson and O’Brien too much power/say.

Yep and that's what made me skeptical, Stroud looked up to Derrick, Vick and had the same agent as Derrick. Surely y'all can see why I was skeptical?
He also looked up to Burrow, a quarterback who you refuses to mention. And again he looked up to how they played on the field. He also looked up to Brady and he asked him how was he so successful. And Brady broke it down to him. But again at that particular time you were only focused on Vick and Watson. People really needs to stop being so judgmental and putting people down before they even get a chance to know that individual.

Last edited:
He started hanging around the wrong people aka James Harden n crew. He also started getting all types attention from all the ladies. Some would say the Aaron Foster treatment. The only difference was Foster resisted temptation because he was married. Cal didn’t make it any better because he gave Watson and O’Brien too much power/say.
I'm sure Deshaun got plenty of attention from the ladies while at Clemson or in high school when he was the star QB at a 5A program. It really shouldn't be a shock to him after joining the NFL. Plus he was the one initiating a lot of those conversations via Instagram and hounding girls to come to his hotel. He was a Christian creep who was able to keep it under wraps for a long time. He probably belongs in jail, but his wealth has shielded him from consequences.

I assume you mean Arian Foster? The guy who's on-field production went south after he went vegan, knocked up his mistress and got caught pressuring her to have an abortion? (she had the kid btw) He was a star RB at Tennessee, I doubt he had any shortage of women chasing him either. Not sure if you are aware of all that, as he definitely did not "resist the temptations." Lots of Sports guys don't, we just don't often see it publicized because people in those circles know better.

Suffice to say you can't really rely on public figures to tell you who they really are inside. Many like to do things that many would consider "wrong" because they think they can get away with it. Given their status, wealth and our 2 tiered legal system, that is often the case. I hope nothing like that happens with any of our players, but when things do go wrong, the Texans organization needs to deal with it properly, rather than supplying legal documents to have potential victims sign away their rights. I don't believe that the Texans org actually learned their lesson from the Watson fiasco, and I think the league failed to hold them accountable for their enablement of Watson's exploits.

I'm sure Deshaun got plenty of attention from the ladies while at Clemson or in high school when he was the star QB at a 5A program. It really shouldn't be a shock to him after joining the NFL. Plus he was the one initiating a lot of those conversations via Instagram and hounding girls to come to his hotel. He was a Christian creep who was able to keep it under wraps for a long time. He probably belongs in jail, but his wealth has shielded him from consequences.

I assume you mean Arian Foster? The guy who's on-field production went south after he went vegan, knocked up his mistress and got caught pressuring her to have an abortion? (she had the kid btw) He was a star RB at Tennessee, I doubt he had any shortage of women chasing him either. Not sure if you are aware of all that, as he definitely did not "resist the temptations." Lots of Sports guys don't, we just don't often see it publicized because people in those circles know better.

Suffice to say you can't really rely on public figures to tell you who they really are inside. Many like to do things that many would consider "wrong" because they think they can get away with it. Given their status, wealth and our 2 tiered legal system, that is often the case. I hope nothing like that happens with any of our players, but when things do go wrong, the Texans organization needs to deal with it properly, rather than supplying legal documents to have potential victims sign away their rights. I don't believe that the Texans org actually learned their lesson from the Watson fiasco, and I think the league failed to hold them accountable for their enablement of Watson's exploits.
Not the same attention as you would get playing professional sports and being the superstar of your team.

And when I mentioned Foster I’m talking about how women would approach him for sex. It didn’t matter where they were, these women were ready to get busy right then and there.

The Texans cleaned house after that fiasco. They went and got DeMeco and drafted CJ. Two gentlemen that are extremely positive and who are God fearing men. You can best believe they have learned their lesson. You can tell how hurt momma McNair was when she hugged Coach Cap. The lady was in tears.
Watson is a grown darn man who abused the bleep out of his power. He’s the one that needs to hold himself accountable for the crap he was doing.

Absolutely love how you guys are the ones digging up dirt on your own players and other than Watson for extremely valid reasons, nobody in the national media has even touched on the other players.

ALSO, I'd mention Jesus BUT I'm an outsider on here and I do believe my talk would be discredited and against the rules. IF anyone, and I mean it anyone, has anything to ask about what I would say I'd love it if you messaged me directly and we'll chat. Promise no judgment.

Woah James Harden catching strays. I promise you JH is not the reason why DeShaun got into the mess he did. Harden is a playoff choker but don't think it's right to put him into the same category as DeShaun

Not the same attention as you would get playing professional sports and being the superstar of your team.

It can certainly feel that way in high school though, especially within your district. It's all relative based on where one is in life. Your world gets bigger as you get older naturally

Woah James Harden catching strays. I promise you JH is not the reason why DeShaun got into the mess he did. Harden is a playoff choker but don't think it's right to put him into the same category as DeShaun

It can certainly feel that way in high school though, especially within your district. It's all relative based on where one is in life. Your world gets bigger as you get older naturally

I love your comments. Yes, it does depend on where you are in life, but a foundation such as CJ Stroud has in his own life is the best building block of all

I was classmates with Kevin Kolb. We took the same health class. I also lived at Cougar Place as an “older student” and that’s where the football players lived including Kolb. I call BS on that because I think he got more tail than some of my other athletic customers (mostly NBA but some were NFL including VY). I was a valet for years so I got to see them nightly at the club scene. I worked the Toc bar and Rehab/The Pink Monkey for over a decade. We saw stuff that the general public does not see.

what I noticed… the college players attracted a different type of tail than the NFL Players. The sorority ladies going after the college students just wanna have sex with them and then bye bye. The ladies going after the NFL players? It’s their job. They sleep with them to try to snag that bank. But they BOTH get equal amounts of tail, IMO.

Last edited:
It's a different Lamar this year... so far

Is it? Really? He had 19 passing TD's going into his final game against Miami. Averaged 229 yards a game. 7 times had 200 yards or less in a game this season. 9 games he threw 0 or only 1 TD.

I'm not saying Lamar isn't a spectacular athlete and one of the most dangerous players on the field at any given time. I hate playing Baltimore because he is so hard to game plan for. But with all of the talk of a revamped offense, his QB stats didn't significantly change. The main difference is total yards, which in part is because he played more games than he has in any other season in his career.

1705683823923.png

Is it? Really? He had 19 passing TD's going into his final game against Miami. Averaged 229 yards a game. 7 times had 200 yards or less in a game this season. 9 games he threw 0 or only 1 TD.

I'm not saying Lamar isn't a spectacular athlete and one of the most dangerous players on the field at any given time. I hate playing Baltimore because he is so hard to game plan for. But with all of the talk of a revamped offense, his QB stats didn't significantly change. The main difference is total yards, which in part is because he played more games than he has in any other season in his career.

View attachment 13505
Preach my friend. Lots of empty assumptions out there.

I was classmates with Kevin Kolb. We took the same health class. I also lived at Cougar Place as an “older student” and that’s where the football players lived including Kolb. I call BS on that because I think he got more tail than some of my other athletic customers (mostly NBA but some were NFL including VY). I was a valet for years so I got to see them nightly at the club scene. I worked the Toc bar and Rehab/The Pink Monkey for over a decade. We saw stuff that the general public does not see.

what I noticed… the college players attracted a different type of tail than the NFL Players. The sorority ladies going after the college students just wanna have sex with them and then bye bye. The ladies going after the NFL players? It’s their job. They sleep with them to try to snag that bank. But they BOTH get equal amounts of tail, IMO.
I’m very familiar with the college scene Nitro. I know how those ladies get down. I had plenty of fun back then. And I had an uncle who played basketball overseas, but still hung out with Louis Lloyd, Mitch Wiggins and a lot of other players. I had another uncle who got drafted by the Vikings back in the early 70’s. I have good friends who played in the NFL too. The parties are totally different.
But hey before we get in trouble let’s jump back on topic.

He got the attention yes but the big difference is that coming into the NFL he became a millionaire overnight. Plus in high school and college you have people looking over your shoulder because you are either underaged or you are there on a scholarship. The NFL as long as you don't go to jail, and not always even then, no one will say anything to you about anything.

Preach my friend. Lots of empty assumptions out there.

Didn't even touch on the Ravens significantly leading the league in rushing at 156.5 yards a game. Or a top 5 defense.

So basically this is the same Ravens team that it has always been in LJ's tenure as QB, but somehow we are supposed to believe that something is different this year and he has joined the ranks of elite passing QBs.

Its because the college players don't have the millions of dollars so girls chasing them are just so they can say they slept with so and so especially if down the line the player gets famous. As you said the NFL players, top ones anyway, have made bank so now sleeping with them and having a kid by them becomes big business. I think with college players getting paid now, some of them more than they would make in the NFL, you will see a switch where girls going after them have more the mind set of the NFL chasers.

Didn't even touch on the Ravens significantly leading the league in rushing at 156.5 yards a game. Or a top 5 defense.

So basically this is the same Ravens team that it has always been in LJ's tenure as QB, but somehow we are supposed to believe that something is different this year and he has joined the ranks of elite passing QBs.

Dude, yes, as I've said we are fully overrated. With how overrated we are and Lamar is, and with CJ an already top 3 QB, there's no excuse for your very elite team to not beat us by 3 touchdowns

you know, I was thinking the same thing. In fact, after we win the next five SBs and DeMeco becomes Houston' mayor, I expect there'll be a law passed where you have to watch the Texans. Which will happen after DeMeco becomes president and makes that national law.

Shoot I'd watch the Texans if they were good enough to be put on tv. I told you guys they're my second team but they have to get good enough to be on national tv

Shoot I'd watch the Texans if they were good enough to be put on tv. I told you guys they're my second team but they have to get good enough to be on national tv

meh....next year they'll get some prime time games. Which is not always a popular thing around here. Especially those damned Thursday night games which I hate with a passion. I enjoyed this season because almost all the games were at noon on Sunday, which is when NFL games are supposed to be.

meh....next year they'll get some prime time games. Which is not always a popular thing around here. Especially those damned Thursday night games which I hate with a passion. I enjoyed this season because almost all the games were at noon on Sunday, which is when NFL games are supposed to be.

Ah come on.... I'm on the east coast EST time and I'm used to staying up until 11:30 at night on Thursdays/Sundays with my team. Real fans power through

View attachment 13505
He's different in that he's not nearly so quick to take off running, hence the more games played and higher yardage

He's different in that he's not nearly so quick to take off running, hence the more games played and higher yardage

I think it's also crucial to remember that this was indeed a brand new offense. He along with the rest of the offense took time to gel with it. He also lost his best target, and his WR1 is a rookie. Once he did master the offense though he's been balling out.

View attachment 13505
I remember sitting with my brother-in-laws & my nephew last weekend talking about how different Dak was in so many ways, until we saw he wasn't.

Lamar has 6 years of experience, along with several seasons with playoff experience, successful or unsuccessful or not.
And yet he has the same # of playoff wins as our rookie star QB, CJ: ONE.

Amirite?
or am I just blinded by my fandom?

Asking for a friend

And yet he has the same # of playoff wins as our rookie star QB, CJ: ONE.

Amirite?
or am I just blinded by my fandom?

Asking for a friend

My good knowledgeable friend says that a QB with playoff experience still trumps a rookie with very little playoff experience... However, myself, I secretly am rooting for Stroud to get the W

When LJ first came in the league he couldn't hit the broad side of the barn even standing inside it. He has worked on his accuracy and now is pretty good. He can even hit the narrow end now! He has always had a live arm so, that coupled with his new accuracy and running ability makes him a very tough QB to stop.

My good knowledgeable friend says that a QB with playoff experience still trumps a rookie with very little playoff experience... However, myself, I secretly am rooting for Stroud to get the W
Right, I’m sure you are rooting for CJ.:corrosion:

The DR-CJ-Texans, in addition to being on fire at the right time are still young enough & naive enough to believe they can make it to AND win the AFC ch’ship game, punching their ticket to the Big Kahuna and ultimately go on to win the whole damned thing! That’s scary.

Right, I’m sure you are rooting for CJ.:corrosion:

The DR-CJ-Texans, in addition to being on fire at the right time are still young enough & naive enough to believe they can make it to AND win the AFC ch’ship game, punching their ticket to the Big Kahuna and ultimately go on to win the whole damned thing! That’s scary.

Man that's what I'm hoping for if you guys beat us!! My favorite player is quickly becoming a Texans player again, CJ Stroud. Used to be Andre Johnson

Andre was a beast!
What did you think of Arian Foster
...and JJ Watt.

Man no lie I drafted Arian Foster in the first round of my fantasy football league in his first season of being a beast and I made everyone look silly. I kept noticing him in the preseason and took a chance on him because of him being a player at UT

JJ... I never truly gained an appreciation of him until his dirty arse brother came onto the scene in Pitt

And when I mentioned Foster I’m talking about how women would approach him for sex. It didn’t matter where they were, these women were ready to get busy right then and there.

The Texans cleaned house after that fiasco. They went and got DeMeco and drafted CJ. Two gentlemen that are extremely positive and who are God fearing men. You can best believe they have learned their lesson. You can tell how hurt momma McNair was when she hugged Coach Cap. The lady was in tears.
Watson is a grown darn man who abused the bleep out of his power. He’s the one that needs to hold himself accountable for the crap he was doing.
Hope you're right.

Proofs in the pudding.

Absolutely love how you guys are the ones digging up dirt on your own players and other than Watson for extremely valid reasons, nobody in the national media has even touched on the other players.

ALSO, I'd mention Jesus BUT I'm an outsider on here and I do believe my talk would be discredited and against the rules. IF anyone, and I mean it anyone, has anything to ask about what I would say I'd love it if you messaged me directly and we'll chat. Promise no judgment.
Once bitten twice shy baby.

you know, I was thinking the same thing. In fact, after we win the next five SBs and DeMeco becomes Houston' mayor, I expect there'll be a law passed where you have to watch the Texans. Which will happen after DeMeco becomes president and makes that national law.

You must have a good stash this time around. I giggled reading that! Good job, old man!

You'll find the fantasy here... should be an opening in one or more
And mocks here we used to do a board mock, not sure if it's still going

Thank you! As for mock franchise off-season, I was talking about a huge group of us all taking on different teams and going through an off-season. For example, we would do the free agency and draft etc together including trading, signing players, drafting players etc for whichever NFL team you chose.

That takes a crap ton of work and planning so it's not something to be rushed into. But it's hella fun

Thank you! As for mock franchise off-season, I was talking about a huge group of us all taking on different teams and going through an off-season. For example, we would do the free agency and draft etc together including trading, signing players, drafting players etc for whichever NFL team you chose.

That takes a crap ton of work and planning so it's not something to be rushed into. But it's hella fun
I'm in if you can talk enough posters into it

We found with the mock draft posters get fired up for rds 1-2 of the mock draft, not so much rds 6-7 and two or three posters end up making all of the late rd picks.

It is a good exercise though and you learn more about the players being drafted and other teams strengths and weaknesses.

I'm in if you can talk enough posters into it

We found with the mock draft posters get fired up for rds 1-2 of the mock draft, not so much rds 6-7 and two or three posters end up making all of the late rd picks.

It is a good exercise though and you learn more about the players being drafted and other teams strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah like I said it takes a lot of time to set up and commitment from people, but it's fun. Just an idea for next year perhaps

Dude, yes, as I've said we are fully overrated. With how overrated we are and Lamar is, and with CJ an already top 3 QB, there's no excuse for your very elite team to not beat us by 3 touchdowns

Dude, you can't reverse jinx in every thread!

And to be clear, I didn't say LJ was overrated. I did say you had a great running game and a great defense. Which is basically every Ravens season for the last 5 years. I'm just trying to understand how LJ is such a better QB this year than in previous years as the MVP pundits proclaim.

That is not the same as saying he isn't a great player. What I am saying is that without 821 rushing yards this season no one would be considering him an MVP based on what he exclusively did with his arm.

Well after todays game, and after reading this board, I'm convinced that in three years CJ will go down as the greatest bust in NFL history, DeMeco be an assistant coach for a pony league team, all other players and coaches will be banned from ever having anything to do with football ever again and the Texans will be demoted to the XFL but will have to move to a new city due to the Roughnecks not being willing to share the market.

Back