Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A top 10 QB

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I was listening to 610 on the way home and they quoted CK who has been everywhere CJ has all season say:

"I think CJ is going to be the best ever"

Got me to thinking about his remark and so, I am making this thread.

In 3 years I feel CJ is going to be a to 5 QB. With multiple playoff wins and just maybe an AFC title game.

Please explain your reasons to your vote.

I don't want to answer. Where do you think Justin Herbert is? Where do you think Dak is?

Those guys are talented. They can sling the rock. But they haven't won a lot. Especially in the post season.

I mean, top 5 in stats... eh.

I did not vote but this is my thinking:
I would not take any NFL quarterback or college QB that is supposed to come out in the next two drafts over CJ Stroud. Then if you figure in his contract and age that makes him even a better option.
Only concern is will Nick Caserio continue to build this team around him to give us a dynasty type future? As of now I say yes.

Right now there is no QB I would take over him not even Lamar or Mahomas because he's a rookie already in the conversation with those guys so logically he will only get better.

Here is where the problem with comparing him Brady comes in. Brady cared more about winning than anything else so when it came time to get paid Brady would take below market value so they could build the team. Didn't hurt that his wife made even more than he did. We don't know and won't know where CJ's mind is on such things till time to extend his contract. Odds are he will be the highest paid QB in NFL history and rightfully so but will he go the Mahomas route where it doesn't hurt the team to badly or the Watson route where he is paid 3x more than the next highest paid guy on the team.

Second factor is Pat's feasted on a division that was incredibly bad for over a decade so they basically had a free ride to a division title each year. By the time playoffs rolled around they were usually in good shape injury wise. Our division is a rollercoaster where you never know which team will be good. I mean look at this year, Drags thought they had a free ride but us and the Dolts were both way better than we had any right to be and even the Tits played spoiler.

I don't want to answer. Where do you think Justin Herbert is? Where do you think Dak is?

Those guys are talented. They can sling the rock. But they haven't won a lot. Especially in the post season.

I mean, top 5 in stats... eh.

Are they clutch? Would you give those two the ball with 2 minutes left with the game on the line or someone else? (All things being equal)

This is who I would with the ball over them:
Mahomes
Allen
Stroud
Burrow
(In no particular order)

There may be one more that I am missing. That’s 5.

You either have the clutch gene or you don’t.

Herbert hasn’t won a playoff game and lost to Jacksonville in a terrible way.

Dak is a Cowboy. I have already said too much.

His rookie season is unprecedented. The amount of records he's breaking and setting at new levels is amazing.

Why would I doubt his trajectory? The dude is already elite. I can only imagine the future when he's got more weapons and a defense that just gets better and more dominating.

Are they clutch? Would you give those two the ball with 2 minutes left with the game on the line or someone else? (All things being equal)

This is who I would with the ball over them:
Mahomes
Allen
Stroud
Burrow
(In no particular order)

There may be one more that I am missing. That’s 5.

You either have the clutch gene or you don’t.

Herbert hasn’t won a playoff game and lost to Jacksonville in a terrible way.

Dak is a Cowboy. I have already said too much.

Sorry for my comment, but if you trust a rookie (even Stroud) over a two time MVP, you're blinded by your own fandom.

I did not vote but this is my thinking:
I would not take any NFL quarterback or college QB that is supposed to come out in the next two drafts over CJ Stroud. Then if you figure in his contract and age that makes him even a better option.
Only concern is will Nick Caserio continue to build this team around him to give us a dynasty type future? As of now I say yes.
Why wouldn't Caserio continue to build around Stroud.

Sorry for my comment, but if you trust a rookie (even Stroud) over a two time MVP, you're blinded by your own fandom.

If you mean Lamar they have an equal number of playoff wins. Also I was a Ravens fan for a long time, don't pretend that Ravens trusted Lamar till recently either. Hell it wasn't that long ago that the best way to beat the Ravens was force Lamar to throw the ball and not run. :)

If you mean Lamar they have an equal number of playoff wins. Also I was a Ravens fan for a long time, don't pretend that Ravens trusted Lamar till recently either. Hell it wasn't that long ago that the best way to beat the Ravens was force Lamar to throw the ball and not run. :)
It's a different Lamar this year... so far

Of course I want to ride the wave because he definitely looks the part, but it's just been one year in what was probably the perfect setup. Sophomore slumps are a real thing as teams get more film, but CJ has proven to be just as ferocious in film study. I have no doubt he can overcome that hurdle. But other things matter too, like the OC. OCs changing on QBs usually has an affect. You get a good fit and then other teams come scoop him up. I understand these guys ultimately wanting to go on to be HCs but losing a good coordinator can change the dynamic. And there's a whole lot of times, Bobby, that being great at x's and o's doesn't make you a great administrator (HC).

That said, I think CJ has the talent and mindset to be a top 3-5 QB in this league for a decade or so.

Or you could come to a TEXANS board and talk about the game your team is playing against them instead of throwing shade on TEXANS fans talking about their TEXANS team.

Right now there is no QB I would take over him not even Lamar or Mahomas because he's a rookie already in the conversation with those guys so logically he will only get better.

Here is where the problem with comparing him Brady comes in. Brady cared more about winning than anything else so when it came time to get paid Brady would take below market value so they could build the team. Didn't hurt that his wife made even more than he did. We don't know and won't know where CJ's mind is on such things till time to extend his contract. Odds are he will be the highest paid QB in NFL history and rightfully so but will he go the Mahomas route where it doesn't hurt the team to badly or the Watson route where he is paid 3x more than the next highest paid guy on the team.

Second factor is Pat's feasted on a division that was incredibly bad for over a decade so they basically had a free ride to a division title each year. By the time playoffs rolled around they were usually in good shape injury wise. Our division is a rollercoaster where you never know which team will be good. I mean look at this year, Drags thought they had a free ride but us and the Dolts were both way better than we had any right to be and even the Tits played spoiler.
With Didva from the ienrn yitc (Word scramble is fun and I'm staying within a certain mods rules that he made up on the fly) will make sure the Texans are screwed cap wise after yr 3. Didva will make Stroud the highest paid QB in the league guaranteed. The question is Didva leave enough wiggle room to get a couple of more yrs of championship contention.

You should be praying that LJ doesn't crap the bed in the playoffs again and not even thinking about Stroud. Stroud must be living rent free in your head.

The only other QB to win 50+ in their first 6 seasons and win fewer playoff games is Andy Dalton. In the playoffs LJ is 1-3 with 4 TDs and 7 interceptions. Think about that. I will give you a minute. Why would I want that kind of performance? Might as well have Dak Prescott.

Lamar has 6 years of experience, along with several seasons with playoff experience, successful or unsuccessful or not.

The only other QB to win 50+ in their first 6 seasons and win fewer playoff games is Andy Dalton. In the playoffs LJ is 1-3 with 4 TDs and 7 interceptions. Think about that. I will give you a minute. Why would I want that kind of performance? Might as well have Dak Prescott.

Stroud has one game of playoff experience. Who knows how he'll do next game or next games.

Of course I want to ride the wave because he definitely looks the part, but it's just been one year in what was probably the perfect setup. Sophomore slumps are a real thing as teams get more film, but CJ has proven to be just as ferocious in film study. I have no doubt he can overcome that hurdle. But other things matter too, like the OC. OCs changing on QBs usually has an affect. You get a good fit and then other teams come scoop him up. I understand these guys ultimately wanting to go on to be HCs but losing a good coordinator can change the dynamic. And there's a whole lot of times, Bobby, that being great at x's and o's doesn't make you a great administrator (HC).

That said, I think CJ has the talent and mindset to be a top 3-5 QB in this league for a decade or so.

Or you could come to a TEXANS board and talk about the game your team is playing against them instead of throwing shade on TEXANS fans talking about their TEXANS team.

Don't think I was throwing shade on anyone. Have a good evening!

Is my counting off? I see only 4

I think it makes CJ #5 in no particular order. Which is what I expect in 3yrs. In 5...I expect a guy, similar to Brady, that just wins. A QB who is always pulling out games and making players even better than they are. He is near it now, but I voted top 3 ONLY because of Mahomes, Burrow (maybe), Allen are pretty much the 3 top QB's with Jackson (not IMO) in the 5 mix...seeing I feel CJ is better than all but Mahomes and just maybe Allen.

By running less LJ's healthy for the playoffs. He hasn't been healthy the last couple of years at the end of the season.

This is going to be a controversial take, but from watching and listening to CJ talking about his past and how he now leads his life, I agree with CK that CJ intends to be the, not one of, but THE greatest QB of all time, which he knows, barring major injury, would entail years and years and years of total absolute commitment. He has both the talent and the locker room that’s got his back.

Josh Allen is not better than CJ. Apart from having the bigger arm and being more athletic, there's nothing else you can say he has over CJ. He's a turnover machine, and for his size, lacks the field vision that CJ has which is why he throws dumb and costly Int's.

The only two players that are ahead of (ROOKIE) CJ are Mahomes (28) and Lamar (27) and he's 6 and 5 years younger than them.

If he stays healthy and the roster gets better, CJ will win multiples MVPs and Super bowls.

Going by that logic Lamar has been horrendous in the playoffs. What is he? 1-3, every game he was bad in. We should predict he will have a bad outing because he’s been consistently trash in the playoffs, right?

I will say it over and over again. If we have any Rocket fans in here they will agree with me. We just assumed every year that James Harden would flip the switch and his playoff struggles would be gone. They never left. It was a mental thing.

Lamar is a better passer now, but he hasn't played in 3 weeks and that is a lot of time for reflection of the past.

Personally, I won't be surprised if he drops a stinker. He has done it every year in the playoffs. He is 1 year removed from his team questioning whether they even wanted to pay him like a top talent.

I was listening to 610 on the way home and they quoted CK who has been everywhere CJ has all season say:

"I think CJ is going to be the best ever"

Got me to thinking about his remark and so, I am making this thread.

In 3 years I feel CJ is going to be a to 5 QB. With multiple playoff wins and just maybe an AFC title game.

Please explain your reasons to your vote.
Maybe the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet but who is CK?

And CJ is already a top 5 QB in the NFL and can become the best QB in the NFL next season. Only reason why he isn't the best now is because he doesn't have the multi-year resume yet. But I'm not picking any QB over CJ right now, even Mahomes.

Josh Allen is not better than CJ. Apart from having the bigger arm and being more athletic, there's nothing else you can say he has over CJ. He's a turnover machine, and for his size, lacks the field vision that CJ has which is why he throws dumb and costly Int's.

The only two players that are ahead of (ROOKIE) CJ are Mahomes (28) and Lamar (27) and he's 6 and 5 years younger than them.

If he stays healthy and the roster gets better, CJ will win multiples MVPs and Super bowls.

Lamar hasn't done anything in the playoffs for me to consider him better. Allen has.

I think if NFL teams had a draft right now.

It would probably be....

1)Mahomes
2)Allen
3)Stroud/Love

Lamar hasn't done anything in the playoffs for me to consider him better. Allen has.

I think if NFL teams had a draft right now.

It would probably be....

1)Mahomes
2)Allen
3)Stroud/Love

I think it would be

1: Mahomes
2: Stroud
3: Jackson
4: Love

I take Stroud over Allen because Stroud has a literally 1% interception rate and that's not playing as a game manager that's in a pass heavy offense. Teams love it when they don't have to worry that their QB giving the ball away while still being able to throw for 300 yards.

Back