Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cal McNair

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
I absolutely hated that blackout rule as a kid. I was so into the Oilers, and would get so upset when we couldn't watch them because of it.

Kids today don't know the struggle! Get off my lawn! :challenge
I hated that I had to go to work every Sunday. At least the store manager would put Oilers games on the intercom inside the store because he hated working Sunday afternoons as much as I did.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't have picked a QB in the 1st rd. Probably not the 2nd either. What I'm going to find interesting is which of the QB's in the AFC South is going to be the best QB. Do you want to make a bet that the best QB in the AFC South wont be Stroud?
It will be interesting to see which QB turns out the best. No bets for me, thank you. Also, how are you going to measure it if anyone does take you up on your bet?

My money's on Sunshine, unless you meant the three drafted this year.

House of Pain

Wild Speculator
This is common knowledge check the interwebs..

BTW, in a Cal McNair thread the best way to describe him is

PROFITEER, he learned well from his daddy, which sux.

Maybe Stroud will have a Moon type career and the team will end up moving AGAIN.
So no link?

Reactions: JB

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
This is common knowledge check the interwebs..

BTW, in a Cal McNair thread the best way to describe him is

PROFITEER, he learned well from his daddy, which sux.

Maybe Stroud will have a Moon type career and the team will end up moving AGAIN.
Every owner is a multi-billionaire. They are ALL profiteers. There is no other reason to invest so much money into an NFL franchise without the high profit motive. None of them are doing it for civic pride.

That said, some are obviously better at it than others. We just have to hope that our local sports team owner learns on the job and gets better with time.

If it is truly as hopeless as you seem to imply, I'm just not sure what the point is in watching it without that tinge of hope that they could eventually win a championship.

Texian

Hall of Fame
They're doing exactly what Bob McNair did.
Bingo! Cal moved into Bob's office and Mama told him to do exactly what his Daddy did. So Cal has his weekly Kirby Boardroom meetings. For the most part, Cal has taken a lackadaisical approach and let O'Brien, Easterby, and Caserio run things. After the Culley hiring, and firing fiasco he re-engaged somewhat, "You've to trust us we know what we are doing". After the Lovie fiasco, Hannah grabbed him by the hand and led him to the podium to declare he was now fully engaged. Contrary to what many believe Cal did not hire DeMeco. DeMeco hired the Texans because he wanted to bring his family back to Houston. Early indications are DeMeco may not be the HC everyone is wanting him to be.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Something his father did not do well.
Cal (with the help of Hannah) is connecting with his fan base. No, not all of them, because clearly you still don't care for the man. However, a lot of us can see he is working to overcome his public speaking deficiencies. He has polled the fans on uniform's colors. He has hired the "fan-favorite" HC in Demeco Ryans. He give his blessing to spend draft capitol to trade up and select TWO fan favorite athletes in Stroud and Anderson.

Will all this translate to wins on the field? Who knows, but Cal is trying and deserves credit for that. He may become a good owner yet. People dislike the man because he was handed a fortune and an NFL team and assume he is a bumbling fool. However he came into his fortune and whatever kind of person he may be, it is evident he cares about the product and is putting effort into himself and into the team.

As @TexansBull so perfectly stated. Cal has sold a million brake pads. He may save this franchise yet.
His father did it so much better. Bob was able to get the #1 draft pick (3) times. The best that Cal can do is the (1) #2 pick, (1) #3 pick, (1) #67 pick, (1) #40, and (1) #23 pick. Lately, he is consistently getting worse. Maybe next he can get that #1 pick like Dad.

Xopher

Rookie
Bingo! Cal moved into Bob's office and Mama told him to do exactly what his Daddy did. So Cal has his weekly Kirby Boardroom meetings. For the most part, Cal has taken a lackadaisical approach and let O'Brien, Easterby, and Caserio run things. After the Culley hiring, and firing fiasco he re-engaged somewhat, "You've to trust us we know what we are doing". After the Lovie fiasco, Hannah grabbed him by the hand and led him to the podium to declare he was now fully engaged. Contrary to what many believe Cal did not hire DeMeco. DeMeco hired the Texans because he wanted to bring his family back to Houston. Early indications are DeMeco may not be the HC everyone is wanting him to be.
What exactly are these early indications concerning DeMeco?

The1ApplePie

Hall of Fame
I love all the theories about Cal

1. Cal is a well-meaning, but dimwitted Tommy Boy
2. Cal is a well-meaning, but dimwitted money mark that is getting fleeced by guys likes Easterby, O'Brien, Caserio, and their loser buddies like McCown
3. Cal is a well-meaning, but dimwitted whipped guy that is controlled by Hannah
4. Cal is a conniving, money-hungry SOB that forced DeMeco and Caserio to take Stroud purely for money
5. Cal is a conniving, money-hungry SOB that tried to prevent Stroud from being drafted because he is butthurt over the agent
6. Cal is a conniving, money-hungry SOB that covered up Watson's crimes
7. Cal is a thin skinned racist
8. Cal is a thin-skinned racist that engineered a vast conspiracy to ruin Watson's career after he refused to play for the Texans.
9. Cal is a conniving, money-hungry SOB that is whipped by Hannah

Am I missing anything?

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm going to take it a step further lol

2002-2018

2019-2022
2. Cal is a well-meaning, but dimwitted money mark that is getting fleeced by guys likes Easterby, O'Brien, Caserio, and their loser buddies like McCown

2023 & beyond
3. Cal is a well-meaning, but dimwitted whipped guy that is controlled by Hannah

:spit:

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
only the best one...

10. Cal is a cuckold (by Easterby?). Here's one of many posts calling him so: "Calhoun treated this situation like the Cuck that he is and his franchise is still suffering the consequences of that decision."

Not sure what the context is here but that reads more like an opinion then a theory.

Hate management. I get it. But, that draft day move was huge and a hard try at fixing things. If you can't see that, you've already made your mind up. Don't bother responding to my post.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

4. Cal is a conniving, money-hungry SOB that forced DeMeco and Caserio to take Stroud purely for money
5. Cal is a conniving, money-hungry SOB that tried to prevent Stroud from being drafted because he is butthurt over the agent
8. Cal is a thin-skinned racist that engineered a vast conspiracy to ruin Watson's career after he refused to play for the Texans.

Am I missing anything?
Cal likes to play video games.

Texian

Hall of Fame

Am I missing anything?
Not sure how you missed that he is Gameboy addict and would rather be doing video games than anything Texans.

Porky

Hall of Fame
only the best one...

10. Cal is a cuckold (by Easterby?). Here's one of many posts calling him so: "Calhoun treated this situation like the Cuck that he is and his franchise is still suffering the consequences of that decision."
I'm old and stupid. I've seen the term cuckold or cuck before but no idea what it means. Can someone clue me in please.

Porky

Hall of Fame
Cal is a well-meaning, but clueless TommyBoy cuckold gameboy playing, fried chicken cooking rube that just fell off the turnip truck. His only claim to fame is his Daddy, who he 100% emulates down to the way he wipes his butt. And he is totally controlled by Mama, Hanna, Jack, BOB, Watson, Mulaghetta, Watson, Casserio, Stroud, and Mario from Super Mario Bros who are in a cabal called the deep steel blue state. But when he's not being totally controlled by the deep steel blue state, he's a totally maniacal super controlling freak, who goes on rampages and makes Casserio interview HC candidates like Josh McCown and totally interferes in every draft decision - which of course is only because the only objective is butts in seats, not getting a player that's worth a damn. It's all starting to make sense now. Anyone got any tinfoil? I lost my hat.

Oh lookie, someone just gifted me tickets to the Deep Steel Blue State conspiracy conference. It's at The Houstonian. Hot towels and free massages are provided for gold club members. $500 for an autographed Deshaun Watson football.

badboy

Hall of Fame
His father did it so much better. Bob was able to get the #1 draft pick (3) times. The best that Cal can do is the (1) #2 pick, (1) #3 pick, (1) #67 pick, (1) #40, and (1) #23 pick. Lately, he is consistently getting worse. Maybe next he can get that #1 pick like Dad.
For us to have 1.1 in 2024 Browns need to have about 4 wins or we trade up an amazing amount. Personally, I want us to have Browns to be 1.1 so we receive an amazing amount in a trade down. 🙌

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Every owner is a multi-billionaire. They are ALL profiteers. There is no other reason to invest so much money into an NFL franchise without the high profit motive. None of them are doing it for civic pride.

That said, some are obviously better at it than others. We just have to hope that our local sports team owner learns on the job and gets better with time.

If it is truly as hopeless as you seem to imply, I'm just not sure what the point is in watching it without that tinge of hope that they could eventually win a championship.
Because I love watching football and whether I like it or not they're my hometown team.

What I can control is not giving them another dime of my money.

Texian

Hall of Fame
For us to have 1.1 in 2024 Browns need to have about 4 wins or we trade up an amazing amount. Personally, I want us to have Browns to be 1.1 so we receive an amazing amount in a trade down. 🙌
Nobody in their right mind would trade out of 1.1 and Caleb Williams. If you can upgrade the QB position, you do it.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
Cool story, bro... Do you have more?

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
If the Browns get the 1st pick, I'm not moving further down than 3 and I'm going to find a way to get Marvin Harrison Jr... I think that kid is going to be better than his father, and that's saying a lot.

Last edited:

Texian

Hall of Fame
Ah but your assumption is Caleb will be improvement over Justin Coleridge and we do not know that.
I knew Caleb would be a 1.1 when I saw him in Oklahoma. Maye will go 1.2 and Shedeur Sanders could be the steal of the 2024 draft. Anyone of those guys will be a better NFL QB than any QB currently with the Texans.

Dejaview

All Pro

9. Cal is a conniving, money-hungry SOB that

Am I missing anything?
Yep. Go to the Texans website and read the recent news, particularly by Case K. Seems 1300 players were polled regarding their opinions of the best run clubhouses, training facilities, nutrition, trainers, etc and the Texans came in fourth overall. They received an A+ for travel and I believe trainers. Also it is noted that NC pulled CJ over and asked him to check on some of his receiver contacts such as Tank to see what teams are telling them and what he thinks of them. Bottom line is that CJ was instrumental in bringing Tank to Houston. Funny but I don’t see how “tight fisted dumbass Cal” or a QB that was said to be manipulated by various members of the Texans to be drafted could be working together in such a manner to make this team as competitive and good as possible. But people with agendas will be people with agendas to their detriment.

Porky

Hall of Fame
I just don't have a good feel for the Browns this year. Which Watson are they getting? 2020 Watson or 2022 Watson? That's the biggest factor.

Outside of Watson, they have some decent players for sure, but I don't see it as a stellar roster either. Average at best outside of the QB.

Then the competition - Ravens, Cinci and Bengals could all win the division and they play these teams 6 times. 2-4 against their division sounds about right.

I personally see Cleveland last in this division, but top 5 pick? Eh, seems a little high. If someone told me the pick would be #9...that feels about right. To get Marvin, the Browns need to suck like their lives depend on it. We don't have the juice next year to trade up. That capital was spent on Will, for better or worse. Come on guys, take one for the team! Not your team, but you know...same thing!

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Nothing is a guarantee, but Harrison Jr is as close to one as you can get.
Yeah he has definite star potential with his height and speed.
Emeka Egbuka is not far behind him - runs beautiful routes.
Would be a great pick for Stroud and the Texans - we ain't getting Marvin.

Porky

Hall of Fame
Yeah he has definite star potential with his height and speed.
Emeka Egbuka is not far behind him - runs beautiful routes.
Would be a great pick for Stroud and the Texans - we ain't getting Marvin.
Thanks for the input. Who does Emeka play for? I'll need to put him on my 2023 college watch list.

banned1976

sleeper mode
I just don't have a good feel for the Browns this year. Which Watson are they getting? 2020 Watson or 2022 Watson? That's the biggest factor.

Outside of Watson, they have some decent players for sure, but I don't see it as a stellar roster either. Average at best outside of the QB.

Then the competition - Ravens, Cinci and Bengals could all win the division and they play these teams 6 times. 2-4 against their division sounds about right.

I personally see Cleveland last in this division, but top 5 pick? Eh, seems a little high. If someone told me the pick would be #9...that feels about right. To get Marvin, the Browns need to suck like their lives depend on it. We don't have the juice next year to trade up. That capital was spent on Will, for better or worse. Come on guys, take one for the team! Not your team, but you know...same thing!
If they get "good" Watson I can see Cleveland winning 10 games or more. They won 7 last year without Watson for much of the season. The beat the Steelers once (without Watson) and played Buffalo tough late in the season and they beat the Ravens late in the season.

At worst I think the Browns are a 9-8 team.

I have no idea what kind of season the Texans will have. Stroud will be a work in progress, neither Case nor Mills are very good. Metchie is an unknown. They don't have a true #1 wr. Schultz is okay but the TE group is still weak. The Texans defense gave up nearly 3,000 yards on the ground last year. I'm not sure if they got enough for that side of the ball. Will Anderson will help but he's only one guy.

It's going to be interesting to see how it all pans out.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

This is why Stroud shouldn't have been the pick at 1-2. If they had waited they could've gotten Anderson at 1-2 and drafted a QB and Harrison with the Derrick draft haul. Unfortunately that's in the past and the Texans will be worse off for being impatient. They could've dominated the better 2024 draft.

Porky

Hall of Fame
This is why Stroud shouldn't have been the pick at 1-2. If they had waited they could've gotten Anderson at 1-2 and drafted a QB and Harrison with the Derrick draft haul. Unfortunately that's in the past and the Texans will be worse off for being impatient. They could've dominated the better 2024 draft.
Send me the winning lotto numbers Kreskin.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
So you're saying they could have drafted one of the top QB's AND the top WR who is sure to be a top 5 pick next year with less cost?

badboy

Hall of Fame
I knew Caleb would be a 1.1 when I saw him in Oklahoma. Maye will go 1.2 and Shedeur Sanders could be the steal of the 2024 draft. Anyone of those guys will be a better NFL QB than any QB currently with the Texans.
Stated as fact when in truth just opinion. Could be true... maybe not

badboy

Hall of Fame

IIRC , we have 1st, 2nd and a 3rd in next three drafts. That is bourbon if not juice.

BattleRedBlud

Blue Steel Pose. No Excuses!

Anything can happen between now and then. I don't wish it, but a key injury could easily affect how high our draft pick from the Browns ends up in 2024.