Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cal McNair...

Yes we have and I still want to fight dejaview in the octagon.

Can I throw Chinese stars at people for saying dumb **** or is that forbidden? I haven't read all the bylaws.

Ok jb. Here it is, I challenge you to our 8th fight. You know like I do we don't always agree. You may have kick boxed me into submission 7 times before. You even used a stapling gun once, but I've been training. I'm ready.

The fight has been put on hold due to groin pulls. Still.

Deja where are you?

Reactions: JB
They haven't broken any rules. Even though they are newbies they're allowed to be idiot asholes just like our long termed veteran idiot asholes.

Stop being the voice of reason. We have initiations.

Mostly were joking here but where is this deja and pharo clown?

I have no idea what Goodell thinks of the meddling si

I don't get how the language in any front office personnel's contract can prevent them from accepting a better position with another club. On the contrary, the system is set up to promote success within the NFL. There should be no language in Caserio's contract with the Patriot's that would prevent him from accepting a higher level position with another organization. Since he isn't the GM of the Pat's, he should be able to accept a GM position with another team.

I believe the Texans got caught tampering red handed and decided the best course of action is to drop the issue. However, as with everything else they have done in the last week, the reason they gave for no longer pursuing Caserio as being his existing contract language, raises questions as to what that language actually is.
I believe the league is going to look into his contract and hopefully, it comes back to bite the Patriot's in the ass. Mean while, the Texans still look like they don't know what they're doing.

I have no idea what Goodell thinks of the meddling si

I don't get how the language in any front office personnel's contract can prevent them from accepting a better position with another club. On the contrary, the system is set up to promote success within the NFL. There should be no language in Caserio's contract with the Patriot's that would prevent him from accepting a higher level position with another organization. Since he isn't the GM of the Pat's, he should be able to accept a GM position with another team.

I believe the Texans got caught tampering red handed and decided the best course of action is to drop the issue. However, as with everything else they have done in the last week, the reason they gave for no longer pursuing Caserio as being his existing contract language, raises questions as to what that language actually is.
I believe the league is going to look into his contract and hopefully, it comes back to bite the Patriot's in the ass. Mean while, the Texans still look like they don't know what they're doing.
You seem to be focusing on a legal issue with contracts and contractual law. As I understand it's not exactly the same here because the NFL operates differently although it could end up in a court of law. I'm referring here to any NFL decision. If the commissioner decide something is against the best interest of the NFL his word is law. I do agree that's the Texans appeared to be tampering. However, since Cal decided to back away someone else looked at specific language in question and said Texans were not tampering and could hire Caserio. I'll try find that link. From Number 19 in another thread.

Last edited:
We fight and bicker over who should've been the 7th round pick. These m'fers barely know the name of the balding hack sitting across from them.

We fight and bicker over who should've been the 7th round pick. These m'fers barely know the name of the balding hack sitting across from them.

Although I feel cheated, been here 3 years and I never got a cage match. These guys are here 3 weeks and already have 2 lined up. Powda I’m not feeling the love man.

I'm 0-42. I keep fighting. I can barely walk or see out my left eye. I'll tell ya one thing though, I keep rooting for my g*ddamed Texans

Ah sure, why not. I have to warn you though you will be outnumbered.

I have 43 voices in my head, 1 of them loves cats and 9 of them love to fight the remaining 33 and none of them fight fair.

:bubbles: You may have to get in line.

No worries. I have a lousy left hook named rick smith and a right cross named ob.

You seem to be focusing on a legal issue with contracts and contractual law. As I understand it's not exactly the same here because the NFL operates differently although it could end up in a court of law. I'm referring here to any NFL decision. If the commissioner decide something is against the best interest of the NFL his word is law. I do agree that's the Texans appeared to be tampering. However, since Cal decided to back away someone else looked at specific language in question and said Texans were not tampering and could hire Caserio. I'll try find that link. From Number 19 in another thread.
It wasn't me. I may have, or may not have, posted a comment with a quote, but I did not research this nor was the original poster.

Cal McNair, here is where you grow your legacy. Will you stand pat and go all in on Caserio in 2020 0r will you hire a different GM? You've been here since 2000. You went through Casselry/Capers, Reeves/Kubiak/Smith(How could that not be Denver pick?) Smith/O'Brien.

Cal McNair on 610, Texans' flagship radio station on football operation changes: 'It's a flatter operation. The organization is totally energized. It's a lot of improvements.'

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) July 22, 2019

Cal McNair on Chris Olsen: 'Chris has been great for us for many years. His activities won't change that much. He'll have a little more leadership in the football admin.'

Cal McNair on how trades will work with other teams: 'They'll know who to call. We'll execute the plan.'

Cal McNair on 610 about Jack Easterby: 'We're really lucky to have Jack with us. His role is to do whatever it takes to make organization grow and operate at absolute peak performance.'

Cal McNair emphasizing 'state of the art' facilities

Cal McNair on 610: 'We have a lot of excitement. We look forward to winning games.'

What if the chin looks like a butt?

Ohhhhhh.................

But if the butt looking THING can distract from the fact that a WR screen pass is coming the next play cause its 3rd and 5 and we really need a play............ then

......... If butt looking thing actually make BOB smarter........... then its useful.......... so far its just a butt lookin' thing............... oh his chin.

Transcript of Cal McNair interview from yesterday...
Q: What can you tell us about the way you have structured Football Operations?
Cal McNair: "Well, we’ve been really busy working on that this offseason. It’s a flatter organization with a faster management style. The organization is totally reenergized with the team-based approach, and new leadership based on sub programs, with each sub program being fully optimized as a goal. And I know it’s a lot, but it’s a lot of improvements. And we can’t wait to get out of the office back on the field and get back to winning football games."

Q: Can you expand on how you’re setting up the departments?
McNair: "Well, for instance, will have 10 or 12 subprograms: training, sports performance, nutrition. One of them is video. And you can see what video has been able to do with these virtual reality walkthrough rooms that they were able to create for us, that’s really going to help us be a better team. That’s a great example of a subprogram."

Q: Your Senior VP of Football Administration, Chris Olsen had has a major role behind the scenes for over ten years, worked with the NFL’s Management Council before that, dealt with agents/contracts/manages the salary cap… how do his role change if at all?
McNair: "Chris (Olsen) has been great for us for many years. He’s highly respected in the NFL, and among the agents, his activities really won’t change that much. But he’ll have a little more leadership within the football admin. And I look forward to working with Chris, as I have in the past and will in the future."

Q: What about decisions to extend contracts for players, if you want to acquire a player/make a trade, how do you handle that?
McNair: "Well, you know, it’s kind of funny, I’ve heard on the radio where people are worried that, "How will people know who to contact to make a trade?", I promise you people will know who to contact to make a trade. It’s not like there are thousands and thousands of people out there. There are 31 other clubs 32, including us, And the guys know who to call. And they have in the past. They’ve called different folks in our organization. They’ll continue to do that. Someone will get called if there’s an interest will handle that call, we’ll have a meeting to talk about extensions, we’ll get together as a group will make a plan, and then we’ll go execute the plan. And, you know, you’ll see that through this year as this year unfolds."

Q: As far as acquiring a free agents, that could be collaborative thing too? You’re never want to sign a player without a group conscious being involved in that?
McNair: "Totally will get input from the scouts. It’s a great group of scouts we have over there. They’ll give their input. And they’ll be evaluating all the available free agents. And as cuts come around and evaluating that pool of players Evaluate possible trades through the year that’ll follow up through the coach will get together with our group and make plans and try to improve our roster every which way we can whenever and however is available."

Q: What can you tell us about Jack Easterby’s role with the team moving forward?
McNair: "Well, we’re really lucky to have Jack with us. He is executive vice president of team development. So his role is to do whatever it takes to make the organization grow and operate at its absolute peak performance."

Q: You mentioned the virtual reality walk through rooms and I know there’s other high tech developments here, what can you share with us about improvements at NRG Stadium and the Houston Methodist Training Center?
McNair: "Yeah, we have, we have added a number of things. We’ve added a CRZ unit, which everyone in Houston should have actually in the backyard. But It’s a cold recovery zone. We have it out by the fields. So the players can walk right out of practice into this CRZ. Cool their temperatures down and aid in the recovery from the heat. You’ve probably seen a new hydrotherapy recovery pool, which is also a state of the art we had an old pool. So we’ve replaced it with a new one. It has a treadmill actually on it. And It’s a wonderful piece of equipment. Last year, you’ll remember we reworked the Performance Center, which will used to be called a weight room. Now it’s a sports performance center that’s been wonderfully accepted by the player and also updated our cafe. So, we’re really state of the art in a lot of different areas. And we’ll just continuously improve our facilities and just keep doing that as part of our program."

Q: What about your level of excitement for the coming season?
McNair: We’re defending the AFC South, looking forward to getting out on the field. I have a lot of excitement, we’ve bolstered a lot of areas that we needed to do, put a lot of resources behind those. Look forward to going out and winning games.

Q: Doing great things for Houston, being a strong player in the community was so import to Bob McNair and you as well. What about that aspect of the organization moving forward, doing great things for Houston on and off the field?
McNair: It’s a real joy to do. Speaking of Dad, really even now many months he passed, hardly a day goes by that someone doesn’t express sympathy at his loss. I was buying gas at a local gas station yesterday and a fella at the other pump said ’I’m so sorry about your Dad’s loss’. It’s very special to hear how much he’s remembered, Texans fans and non-fans really did enjoy him and miss him. Now after a little bit of a break, we are totally energized to go win championships and create memorable experiences and doing great things for Houston.

Cal McNair on 610, Texans' flagship radio station on football operation changes: 'It's a flatter operation. The organization is totally energized. It's a lot of improvements.'

Cal McNair on 610 about Jack Easterby: 'We're really lucky to have Jack with us. His role is to do whatever it takes to make organization grow and operate at absolute peak performance.'

Does Cal know he owns a football team and not a widget making company?

So this means they won’t go after Caserio or anyone else after the season? Because this current setup is such an ideal scenario and all.

Back