Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cal McNair...

I'm reserving judgement on Cal. I'm waiting to see how he handles this GM situation. It shouldn't be that hard to upgrade from Gaine. Caserio doesn't have to be the guy.

It's not even about this,

It's about missing out on your guy because A. you have people in your employment that are flat out stupid. B. You are a Pu$$y who represents nothing about what this city is or will become without your ilk.

This could ultimately be the worst mistake that Cal can make. Having said that, IMO it's good to see Cal take a chance for the reason listed above. Last time I checked, there is no championship banner at NRG and we got to this point with Robert McNair calling the shots. Let Cal succeed/fail under his own circumstances. It's his team, so let him call the shots.

I don't remember when I posted it, but I've been on the record here stating that we won't win a championship with O'Brien (in his current state) unless we have a roster that is so talented, that even Barry Switzer could win with them. If the next GM provides this talent to the team, it won't matter who our coach is. Odds are still SOT, but even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again.

I mean, yes. Bill is the case Keenum of coaches. He’s not going to win you games, but he won’t lose a lot of them either if everything goes according to plan. He can win with a superb talent system around him. Unfortunately for him, we don’t have that. Unfortunately for us, OB already has his death grip around management, so I don’t see things getting much better for us for a long time. I honestly think it’s going to take 2 losing seasons for a change. Let’s hope the NFL doesn’t give us all non playoff teams in 2021. By that time, hop and JJ will be on the down swing, and things will be back to normal. Mediocrity.

It's about missing out on your guy because A. you have people in your employment that are flat out stupid. B. You are a Pu$$y who represents nothing about what this city is or will become without your ilk.
I was about 6 hours or so behind the news. Yeah, Cal’s a complete moron. I’m still predicting a 6 win season but it’s going to feel a lot worse now.

I was about 6 hours or so behind the news. Yeah, Cal’s a complete moron. I’m still predicting a 6 win season but it’s going to feel a lot worse now.

Butt chin and Easter bunny....

Man.. if only I had an ounce of musical talent.... my band would have to be Buttchin and the Easter bunnies.

Who in the Texans organization was responsible for knowing the wording of caserios contract with the Patriots?

Well Cal wanted to prove he’s not his father and he succeed. Bob McNair had the respect of the other owners and he didn’t make moves often but when he did it carried weight. Yep, Cal is not his father.

Who in the Texans organization was responsible for knowing the wording of caserios contract with the Patriots?

Apparently (?) Caserio didn't know it either. If that's the case he shouldn't be a gm. Ever.

They didn’t have to know the wording. They had a strong enough argument that if they really believed this guy would build the Texans dynasty they should have stuck to their guns and forced the NFL to make a decision. Yeah it might not have worked out and yeah they might have lost but at least they would have shown they were willing to fight.

There was a very good chance they could have won to if the Texans GM position really does have the final say because in NE Belichick has the final say so it would have been a promotion. Even Goodell would have been reluctant to disregard NFL policy because he knows there would have been backlash from the owners.

My guess is that the wording in Caserio's contract talk is smoke and mirrors that was agreed on so we could save some face as we backed out of this mess.

My guess is that the wording in Caserio's contract talk is smoke and mirrors that was agreed on so we could save some face as we backed out of this mess.

Yeah. Probably Caserio was never interested.

They didn’t have to know the wording. They had a strong enough argument that if they really believed this guy would build the Texans dynasty they should have stuck to their guns and forced the NFL to make a decision. Yeah it might not have worked out and yeah they might have lost but at least they would have shown they were willing to fight.

There was a very good chance they could have won to if the Texans GM position really does have the final say because in NE Belichick has the final say so it would have been a promotion. Even Goodell would have been reluctant to disregard NFL policy because he knows there would have been backlash from the owners.
Yeah, I agree. Odd that contract issue came up in the midnight hour. It seems, therefore that contract information isn’t shared in these situations. Funny how the Pats gave up as quickly as the Texans in the end with the no hard feelings stuff. Doesn’t the NFL review these contracts? They should to insure no manipulation of promotional hires occurs. Edit. According to McClain the Pats were looking for a first round pick for Caserio. I read somewhere else that was true but Cal turned it down. Pats are scum and manipulators. Could be Cal kept the cool feet and decided not to play their game. I’d move on permanently from this guy.

Last edited:
I just posted this on another thread but thought it might be appropriate here too.

I think I'm beginning to see what they're going to do.

1. Caserio's contract with the Pats expires in 2020 after the draft according to an article on NFL.com by Adam Maya. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ns-no-longer-pursuing-patriots-caserio-for-gm

2. The Texans will have BOB and Easterby make all the personnel moves this season and during the draft next year. Player contracts will still be handled by Chris Olsen who was named the interim GM when Gaine was fired but they may remove that title from him since he probably doesn't have any experience with the player personnel side of things like finding FA's and running a draft.

3. After the draft next year the Texans will probably go all in on Caserio.

I know this probably sounds crazy to some but it's the only reason I can think of for the Texans not to try and find another GM right away. If this is the case, and the Texans stick with BOB and Easterby filling the GM role, then it will probably be a very entertaining year ahead to say the least! I can only imagine what next years draft will be like! :stooges: (I'll let y'all figure out who's Cal, who's BOB, and who's Easterby! :D)

I just posted this on another thread but thought it might be appropriate here too.

1. Caserio's contract with the Pats expires in 2020 after the draft according to an article on NFL.com by Adam Maya. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ns-no-longer-pursuing-patriots-caserio-for-gm

2. The Texans will have BOB and Easterby make all the personnel moves this season and during the draft next year. Player contracts will still be handled by Chris Olsen who was named the interim GM when Gaine was fired but they may remove that title from him since he probably doesn't have any experience with the player personnel side of things like finding FA's and running a draft.

I know this probably sounds crazy to some but it's the only reason I can think of for the Texans not to try and find another GM right away. If this is the case, and the Texans stick with BOB and Easterby filling the GM role, then it will probably be a very entertaining year ahead to say the least! I can only imagine what next years draft will be like! :stooges: (I'll let y'all figure out who's Cal, who's BOB, and who's Easterby! :D)

The only input Easterby will have is on a players character...don't know why people are assuming more

This is how I see it playing out. Not having a designated GM shouldn't have much of an impact this season. The 2020 offseason and lead up to the draft is when not having a GM will have an impact organizationally, principally, increasing the workload on OB.

A lot of the responsibility and workload will fall to Director of Player Personnel Matt Bazirgan and Director of Pro Personnel Rob Kisiel and to the Director of College Scouting James Liipfert.

Desperation is not a good look, Cal.

The Texans, upon learning the details of his deal, tried to engage in trade talks with New England for Caserio but were turned down, according to Pelissero.

Couldn't give up a future 3rd comp pick and sign a FA OT. Couldn't trade a current 3rd to move up for a legit LT in the draft. But willing to give up who knows what for a guy who has never been a GM in his life?

Good grief. This just gets worse the more I read about it. This organization is in disarray. Bob McNair is missed.

A lot of the responsibility and workload will fall to Director of Player Personnel Matt Bazirgan and Director of Pro Personnel Rob Kisiel and to the Director of College Scouting James Liipfert.
Bazirgan and Lii[fert are Brian Gaine hires. They have to be updating their resumes about now. Kisiel is a Texan lifer, having worked in the Casserly, Smith, and Gaine regimes. He must know where the bodies are buried.

Bazirgan and Lii[fert are Brian Gaine hires. They have to be updating their resumes about now. Kisiel is a Texan lifer, having worked in the Casserly, Smith, and Gaine regimes. He must know where the bodies are buried.

You been around that long you definitely "know where the bodies are buried!"

My understanding is the language in caserios contract is the reason Texans backed out of the pursuit allowing Patriots to withdraw the tampering charges. Texans realized the wording of the contract put them in a tampering scenario. There was no alternative as I understand. As someone posted up stream this was not a legal issue rather an NFL issue with a commissioner deciding right and wrong.

Come on folks. Cal realizes how long this ordeal will drag on. That guy isn’t stupid. This is business. It’s cheaper to wait out his contract if that is who he really wants than to waste untold millions on lawyers and a dubious NFL Commish just to probably get this guy at about the same time anyway. Geeesh, he beats them at their own game...didn’t give up a #1.

Last edited:
Come on folks. Cal realizes how long this ordeal will drag on. That guy isn’t stupid. This is business. It’s cheaper to wait out his contract if that is who he really wants than to waste untold millions on lawyers and a dubious NFL Commish just to probably get this guy at about the same time anyway. Geeesh

Cal is a genius

Have they considered actually doing a real search with real interviews?

Come on folks. Cal realizes how long this ordeal will drag on. That guy isn’t stupid. This is business. It’s cheaper to wait out his contract if that is who he really wants than to waste untold millions on lawyers and a dubious NFL Commish just to probably get this guy at about the same time anyway. Geeesh, he beats them at their own game...didn’t give up a #1.

Wtf do we really know about cal? You assume he's a good business man because daddy was.

I have no idea what Goodell thinks of the meddling si
My understanding is the language in caserios contract is the reason Texans backed out of the pursuit allowing Patriots to withdraw the tampering charges. Texans realized the wording of the contract put them in a tampering scenario. There was no alternative as I understand. As someone posted up stream this was not a legal issue rather an NFL issue with a commissioner deciding right and wrong.

I don't get how the language in any front office personnel's contract can prevent them from accepting a better position with another club. On the contrary, the system is set up to promote success within the NFL. There should be no language in Caserio's contract with the Patriot's that would prevent him from accepting a higher level position with another organization. Since he isn't the GM of the Pat's, he should be able to accept a GM position with another team.

I believe the Texans got caught tampering red handed and decided the best course of action is to drop the issue. However, as with everything else they have done in the last week, the reason they gave for no longer pursuing Caserio as being his existing contract language, raises questions as to what that language actually is.
I believe the league is going to look into his contract and hopefully, it comes back to bite the Patriot's in the ass. Mean while, the Texans still look like they don't know what they're doing.

There's a vacant lot on Smith st and Jackson Avenue. If you wanna post here you fight there. I'll meet you there Saturday night at 9pm.

There will need to be popcorn and beer.

Dont forget him. Thorn may roll into the ring with a wheelchair but he's a sinister old *****. He once put me down in round 2 with a throat punch.

I've got a side mounted rocket launcher on this mofo.

trackstander_rotation-11.png

Back