Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Cal McNair is the MAJOR problem.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It probably doesn't get much press but here is one article:

However, this is not about right or wrong, I was wondering how the players you listed were different types of players vs what had been acquired in the past.
The players they have acquired thru the draft/trades/fa are more likely to practice regularly (Nuk Clowney didn't) and show the young guys the ropes. They lead by example unlike the guys that are gone.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I don't know how this narrative started that Hopkins was a bad teammate, but here are articles on Hopkins mentoring Fuller and even Vycint Smith. I guess that's how things works in the internet age. Repeat something enough, no one challenges the statement and it's taken as the truth:

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-DeAndre-Hopkins-a-valuable-mentor-to-13177138.php

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/DeAndre-Hopkins-mentoring-Texans-rookie-Vyncint-13111776.php

"Andre Johnson did a great job of mentoring me," Hopkins said. "So, it's only right that I do the same for those young guys and help them become whatever they want in the NFL."
--Deandre Hopkins
It's pretty hard to mentor when you dont practice.

RGV82

Random guy
I will use Nuk as an example.

Nuk was trained up by AJ.

A.J. never missed practice and was a role model for younger WR's.

Nuk not so much, which young WR have you heard of that Nuk took under his wing? There were articles about AJ taking Nuk under his wing.
I think it goes without say that AJ was more of a team player and Hopkins was more about himself. Not taking anything away from him talent wise. Two best WRs we’ve ever had.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I think it goes without say that AJ was more of a team player and Hopkins was more about himself. Not taking anything away from him talent wise. Two best WRs we’ve ever had.
This is my point, I expected the following barrage that I got after I made that post.

Texansballer74

Hall of Fame
I don't know how this narrative started that Hopkins was a bad teammate, but here are articles on Hopkins mentoring Fuller and even Vycint Smith. I guess that's how things works in the internet age. Repeat something enough, no one challenges the statement and it's taken as the truth:

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-DeAndre-Hopkins-a-valuable-mentor-to-13177138.php

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/DeAndre-Hopkins-mentoring-Texans-rookie-Vyncint-13111776.php

"Andre Johnson did a great job of mentoring me," Hopkins said. "So, it's only right that I do the same for those young guys and help them become whatever they want in the NFL."
--Deandre Hopkins
Some people always got to side with the employer bro. Nuk had to do something wrong and he’s not valued high for a reason. Lol at people trying to find some type validation for one of the most lopsided, terrible trade in NFL history.

Hopkins was the ultimate professional on and off the field. He was one of the great leaders on this team who lead by example.

Earl34

Veteran
This is what I'm talking about. I posted two articles mentioning Hopkins was mentoring Fuller and Smith. Can you provide any links that were posted before the trade that even hints that Hopkins was a bad teammate or he was more about himself?

It's okay that Hopkins wanted to redo his contract. It's okay if the Texans wanted to trade him. But to trash his reputation to justify the trade is wrong.

RGV82

Random guy
This is what I'm talking about. I posted two articles mentioning Hopkins was mentoring Fuller and Smith. Can you provide any links that were posted before the trade that even hints that Hopkins was a bad teammate or he was more about himself?

It's okay that Hopkins wanted to redo his contract. It's okay if the Texans wanted to trade him. But to trash his reputation to justify the trade is wrong.
I am not trying to justify his trade at all. If it was up to me Hopkins would still be here long term. Trading Hopkins was the dumbest move BOB has done yet. My comment was not meant as a justification for his trade.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
So all we gotta do is find some thug who beats his children to mentor our young players & pay him a lot of money & Houston will win Championships.

Git'r done BO'b

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So all we gotta do is find some thug who beats his children to mentor our young players & pay him a lot of money & Houston will win Championships.

Git'r done BO'b
? No mentoring

The Chiefs put talent 1st and foremost, character issues 2nd. This is what I'm talking about when I'm saying get the most talented players on he team regardless of character. Why? because you will always be chasing teams that believe in the talent 1st and foremost model. Regardless of the brainwashing by the McNair's org this is the way it is.

Kiss the ring

gafftop

All Pro
My hope for the 2020 season is they play all their games with no fans, that way Texans season holders don't have to pay money to watch crap.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We've already paid the 1st installment. They're giving options on how to pay the rest.

In sgort, season ticketholders aren't going to catch a break.

The McNairs like their money.