Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brian Gaine Fired

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Brian Gaine was fallguy #2 for Bill OBriens team takeover. Didnt OBrien just come out and say he had a big part in personnel selection even before Gaine? Tisk. Tisk.
No, that's not what he said. He said he's always been part of the process and that hadn't changed since Gaine was fired

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Gaine was fired right after the ring ceremony and the Patriots filed tampering charges with evidence from the ring ceremony.
I asked for proof, not circumstantial evidence mixed with speculation. Yes Gaine was fired after the ring ceremony but he was also fired after the draft and there is no evidence either played a part in his firing. Yes the Pats filled a tampering charge but no evidence has ever come to public light and it actually didn't get far enough for anyone to have to make a ruling where the Pats would have to present their evidence. So again you are speculating and creating links based on your own bias and then presenting it as fact.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
No, that's not what he said. He said he's always been part of the process and that hadn't changed since Gaine was fired
Wasting your time JB he has you on ignore and I think me though I don't know where he got mav6969. No user has that or anything close to that than me that i found.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I asked for proof, not circumstantial evidence mixed with speculation. Yes Gaine was fired after the ring ceremony but he was also fired after the draft and there is no evidence either played a part in his firing. Yes the Pats filled a tampering charge but no evidence has ever come to public light and it actually didn't get far enough for anyone to have to make a ruling where the Pats would have to present their evidence. So again you are speculating and creating links based on your own bias and then presenting it as fact.
I'm speculating Cletus has no balls.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I'm speculating Cletus has no balls.
A speculation I mostly agree with, I would have forced the Pat's to take it before the league and prove A) there actually was tampering and B) their BS no interview clause didn't violate league rules. Picking a fight with the biggest dog in the yard, the Pat's, would have shown not to F with the Texans even if they did end up losing it would have shown they will fight.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Add to all that the fact that they decided to not even get a GM when they couldn't get Caserio.

The circumstancial evidence is strong

Texansballer74

The Marine
Bwhahaha at always needing proof around these parts. Literally I mean some of you take these things too seriously.
Or we just get tired of people stating their opinion as though it was fact. My understanding of the site rules is if you are going to make a statement of fact you have to provide proof or at least a link.

Everyone on here is guilty of that sir.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Aaaaaaand here's why we have next to zero women posting in these forums.
Yeaaaah, given some of the threads in the non-football section I don’t think this site was ever worried about the male to female ratio. Unless you think the “Babe, NSFW” thread gets a lot of women viewing in it, in which case.....that’s hot.

Mangler

Toro de España
So, it sounds like Howard is doing good. Hearing positive things about Lonnie Johnson, Warring as well. Could it be that the Texans made a mistake firing Gaine? It’s sounding like he had two solid drafts under his belt. Sumbetch! O’Brien better get Caserio in the building or he just screwed the organization!

MeatBear77

Rookie
So, it sounds like Howard is doing good. Hearing positive things about Lonnie Johnson, Warring as well. Could it be that the Texans made a mistake firing Gaine? It’s sounding like he had two solid drafts under his belt. Sumbetch! O’Brien better get Caserio in the building or he just screwed the organization!
Lonnie Johnson is going to be a ****ing BEAST #calledit

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Even if every pick Gaine ever took part of were a bust OB screwed the organization by not admitting he sucks and walking away.

But there is a part of me that doesnt want to see Caserio here because that is a guarantee to keep OB around for AT LEAST this season and next.

The only reason I DO want Cesario here is because the Pats dont want him to go.

That said, I knew it was a mistake to fire Gaine in the first place just on principle alone.

Yes you might not be wowed by the picks, but you brought the guy in to do a job.... if he hasnt been there long, trust him to do that job... you hired him after all.

Let him ride or die with his picks... IF by the end of the season those underwhelming picks flop.. THEN fire him... but thays just me... I dont have billions so what do I know.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
No one has explained what exactly caserio does and why he would be so great as a gm here.

Pass on another Patriot castoff

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I don't know. If O'Brien is coaching them he can easily set them up to fail.
I was giving benefit of the doubt.

Id like to believe that Texans ownship isnt keeping someone around that they honestly believe that OB would set players up to fail.

OB is complete trash but Id hope that if they knew he was setting people up to fail that the organization would be better served without him.

Id rather believe the organization is ignorant, not intentionally self destructive.
Incompetence gives more hope than intentional sabotage.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I was giving benefit of the doubt.

Id like to believe that Texans ownship isnt keeping someone around that they honestly believe that OB would set players up to fail.

OB is complete trash but Id hope that if they knew he was setting people up to fail that the organization would be better served without him.

Id rather believe the organization is ignorant, not intentionally self destructive.
Incompetence gives more hope than intentional sabotage.
I agree and this is where the "We hate everything Bill O'Brien" crowd start to speed into crazy territory. BoB is a slightly above average HC, he's not a great one by any means but he's also not the dumpster fire that some on here claim. If you look at his record and career, Texans and before, its actually pretty good on paper at least and if he was fired tomorrow yeah I believe he would have another HC job in the NFL, maybe not next season but when the next team where looking to make a change yeah he would be in that conversation.

So why would people think he is intentionally sabotaging players and the team? All that does is make him look bad and screw up his career. He knows he's not going to be with the Texans forever unless he is winning or at least competing for a SB year in and year out like Payton and BB. That's just the nature of the NFL so why destroy any chance at a job in the future? NFL teams, yes even the Texans, are not stupid, they may make some bad decisions but that doesn't mean they are stupid. If someone was tanking a team then other teams and the talking heads on ESPN and such would see it. I've heard plenty of them say he is doing a bad job coaching, much easier to believe and agree with, but I've never heard any of them say he is trying to sink the team.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I agree and this is where the "We hate everything Bill O'Brien" crowd start to speed into crazy territory. BoB is a slightly above average HC, he's not a great one by any means but he's also not the dumpster fire that some on here claim. If you look at his record and career, Texans and before, its actually pretty good on paper at least and if he was fired tomorrow yeah I believe he would have another HC job in the NFL, maybe not next season but when the next team where looking to make a change yeah he would be in that conversation.

So why would people think he is intentionally sabotaging players and the team? All that does is make him look bad and screw up his career. He knows he's not going to be with the Texans forever unless he is winning or at least competing for a SB year in and year out like Payton and BB. That's just the nature of the NFL so why destroy any chance at a job in the future? NFL teams, yes even the Texans, are not stupid, they may make some bad decisions but that doesn't mean they are stupid. If someone was tanking a team then other teams and the talking heads on ESPN and such would see it. I've heard plenty of them say he is doing a bad job coaching, much easier to believe and agree with, but I've never heard any of them say he is trying to sink the team.
I’ve never believed he intentionally sabotages players. I just believe he’s not that great at putting them in positions to get the most out of them.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Heard the term actions speak louder than words ? Based on the actions taken by the Pats org when the Texans made a move they clearly value this guy
which is ample endorsement for me.
They haven't given him an extension.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
No one has explained what exactly caserio does and why he would be so great as a gm here.

Pass on another Patriot castoff
He's not even close to being a Pats cast off seeing how hard they fought to keep him. Which, by the way, was against their normal MO of letting people that want to leave, leave.

As far as not knowing what he does that could be said for pretty much anyone in NE since everyone's job can be broken down to "Whatever Belichick nee dd's s you to do".

As far as why he would be a great GM nobody knows he would be and nobody has said he would be. All that is known is that he has been a big part of NE for a long time, he's been sought after for a long time and Miami was ready to hire him but they disagreed on the HC. That's more than a lot of first time GMs.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
He's not even close to being a Pats cast off seeing how hard they fought to keep him. Which, by the way, was against their normal MO of letting people that want to leave, leave.

As far as not knowing what he does that could be said for pretty much anyone in NE since everyone's job can be broken down to "Whatever Belichick nee dd's s you to do".

As far as why he would be a great GM nobody knows he would be and nobody has said he would be. All that is known is that he has been a big part of NE for a long time, he's been sought after for a long time and Miami was ready to hire him but they disagreed on the HC. That's more than a lot of first time GMs.
Interesting article about Caserio when he was talking to Miami:

Report: Pats’ Caserio, viewed around league as ‘organizer’ not ‘decision maker’ meets again with Miami

The Boston Globe called it a surprise that Caserio even agreed to interview with the Dolphins, saying he turned down other GM opportunities in the past, including the Colts in 2012.

From the Globe:

It is believed (Caserio) is the salary cap guy since Floyd Reese left the team, and he is frequently on the practice fields behind Gillette Stadium, keeping an eye on the roster as he keeps up with scouting the pro ranks and college players.

Belichick frequently credits Caserio and his staff — the director of college scouting is Jon Robinson and the director of pro scouting is Bob Quinn — for finding players who contribute to the Patriots’ success, but many observers assume that Belichick is the one who pulls the strings, and it’s unclear how much influence Caserio has over those decisions.

A league source said Friday night that little is known about Caserio, around the league and that he’s seen more as an organizer than decision-maker.

ESPN’s Louis Riddick told the Palm Beach Post on Friday that Caserio is someone who knows his X’s and O’s and is a knowledgeable of various facets of the organization having jumped back and forth from coaching to personnel.

But Riddick said the Dolphins shouldn’t assume Caserio would excel just because he comes from New England.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2014/01/25/report-pats-caserio-viewed-around-league-as-organizer-not-decision-maker-meets-again-with-miami/

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
You really are reaching, you ever think maybe he just hasn't signed an extension? Maybe he actually does want to be GM here, or at least just be a GM, and he is just riding out his contract?
Who is the one reaching? My point is we really don't know that much about him.

Can this organization have a real search for once. How about we bring in multiple qualified candidates and actually have real interviews? How about we not pre-select like we did with O'Brien?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Interesting article about Caserio when he was talking to Miami:

Report: Pats’ Caserio, viewed around league as ‘organizer’ not ‘decision maker’ meets again with Miami

The Boston Globe called it a surprise that Caserio even agreed to interview with the Dolphins, saying he turned down other GM opportunities in the past, including the Colts in 2012.

From the Globe:

It is believed (Caserio) is the salary cap guy since Floyd Reese left the team, and he is frequently on the practice fields behind Gillette Stadium, keeping an eye on the roster as he keeps up with scouting the pro ranks and college players.

Belichick frequently credits Caserio and his staff — the director of college scouting is Jon Robinson and the director of pro scouting is Bob Quinn — for finding players who contribute to the Patriots’ success, but many observers assume that Belichick is the one who pulls the strings, and it’s unclear how much influence Caserio has over those decisions.

A league source said Friday night that little is known about Caserio, around the league and that he’s seen more as an organizer than decision-maker.

ESPN’s Louis Riddick told the Palm Beach Post on Friday that Caserio is someone who knows his X’s and O’s and is a knowledgeable of various facets of the organization having jumped back and forth from coaching to personnel.

But Riddick said the Dolphins shouldn’t assume Caserio would excel just because he comes from New England.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2014/01/25/report-pats-caserio-viewed-around-league-as-organizer-not-decision-maker-meets-again-with-miami/
So do you even realize that you just proved my point? Right under your big, bolded part it says

"The Boston Globe called it a surprise that Caserio even agreed to interview with the Dolphins, saying he turned down other GM opportunities in the past, including the Colts in 2012."

So clearly other teams have valued him as a GM for a long time but couldn't pry him away from NE. Now lets take you next bolded part:

many observers assume that Belichick is the one who pulls the strings, and it’s unclear how much influence Caserio has over those decisions.

So BB himself credits the guy but these anonymous observers admit they are assuming we are suppose to take that as the gospel truth. Oh and then finally we have your favorite a "league source" not even a NE source just a league source, so that could be the water boy for the 49ers for all we know. Even still they admit they don't know much, pretty much proving that its not a NE source, and is just saying what more random people around the league think. No names are given, no prove that these "sources" have any insiders information just things we are suppose to take at face value because a solutions manager for Cox media group says so.

Will you gets points for imagination if nothing else.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Who is the one reaching? My point is we really don't know that much about him.

Can this organization have a real search for once. How about we bring in multiple qualified candidates and actually have real interviews? How about we not pre-select like we did with O'Brien?
They did do interviews and the people they interviewed were qualified. You are assuming, like you do with everything, that they pre-selected. Also just because we don't know much about him doesn't mean others don't.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
So do you even realize that you just proved my point? Right under your big, bolded part it says

"The Boston Globe called it a surprise that Caserio even agreed to interview with the Dolphins, saying he turned down other GM opportunities in the past, including the Colts in 2012."

So clearly other teams have valued him as a GM for a long time but couldn't pry him away from NE. Now lets take you next bolded part:

many observers assume that Belichick is the one who pulls the strings, and it’s unclear how much influence Caserio has over those decisions.

So BB himself credits the guy but these anonymous observers admit they are assuming we are suppose to take that as the gospel truth. Oh and then finally we have your favorite a "league source" not even a NE source just a league source, so that could be the water boy for the 49ers for all we know. Even still they admit they don't know much, pretty much proving that its not a NE source, and is just saying what more random people around the league think. No names are given, no prove that these "sources" have any insiders information just things we are suppose to take at face value because a solutions manager for Cox media group says so.

Will you gets points for imagination if nothing else.
Other teams wanted him in the past is not enough for me. That was the argument for hiring O'Brien too.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Other teams wanted him in the past is not enough for me. That was the argument for hiring O'Brien too.
Nothing ever is enough for you. Also you didn't answer my question in the other thread about if BoB had put 20 points on the board in that Colts game would you have said they did a good job scoring like you said the defense did a good job holding them to 21 points.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Nothing ever is enough for you. Also you didn't answer my question in the other thread about if BoB had put 20 points on the board in that Colts game would you have said they did a good job scoring like you said the defense did a good job holding them to 21 points.
I didn't see the question. 20-21 points is not a lot of points so I would say no.

Of course there is enough for me. I just want them to do a real search not pre-select their next GM. Why is that too much to ask?

Mangler

Toro de España
They were wrong to fire Gaine in my eyes unless there's a story out there we don't know about that is actually substantiated.
So far it looks like Brian Gaine had two pretty damn good drafts under his belt. Football reasons may or may not have the cause of his axing, but unless he did something really bad, Obrien looks like he messed up getting him ran off.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So far it looks like Brian Gaine had two pretty damn good drafts under his belt. Football reasons may or may not have the cause of his axing, but unless he did something really bad, Obrien looks like he messed up getting him ran off.
McNair fired Gaine, not BOB.